• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

Cagen

The stakes are high for this next match and I see rockets/assault are allowed - i hope that FF is enabled or we're going to get fucked by rocket spam.

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
Ok, but don't be medic until we get to Bodycount. We need tacticians and engineers. I want turrets and air drones all over the place.

Yeah medic is useless on a 3vs3 most of the time. I'll go for full tactician I guess

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
Yeah medic is useless on a 3vs3 most of the time. I'll go for full tactician I guess

Yes. Remember to keep a spawn point alive on the bridge at all time during C&H. That's imperative. Toss both spawn grenades there just to be sure.

Cagen

Raist said:
VALOR POINTS ALL OVER OUR FACES

ducktales.jpg

I loved it in the pre game lobby when it looked like they had challenged us and put up 1311 valor points but couldn't even get the 3 players together for the match. A 3rd joined right at the last minute but we managed to dominate them anyway.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
VALOR POINTS ALL OVER OUR FACES

Got spawn points down a couple of times guys, sorry 'bout that

No worries. We had a good sniper. :lol

Killed 3 guys in a row while I was defending one of the C&H points. One was an Assault. I approached him cloaked while he was standing still under the antenna and blew his brain off with a close Revolver shot.

Then I moved to the corner near the walls, cloaked and saw a sniper coming in from the main road, running right towards me. Revolver BOOM!. "Oh my gosh he was right in front of me!" where his last words.

Then I moved towards the antenna waiting for the cloak to recharge, but got engaged by a Tactician who just came from the dark alley. Killed him with a sniper rifle shot from the hip.

It felt so good.

Lince

Banned
I watched the match lol those guys were the Fernando Alonso of Killzone, non-stop whiners... "omg how did he do that" "omg he won't die" "omg I really hate the sniper big time" "omg killed again" :lol they were so poor.

I also watched the previous game (corynth river) and wtf, the saboteur machine gun is godly, it seriously needs some tweaking from Guerrilla.

ok off to bed, hope to play/watch again tomorrow buddies :D

Raist

Banned
Today's tournaments

This one is already scheduled, it's a 3rd place final.

Name: 5 v 5 fun
Ladder: 4 clans, 5vs5
Time: Thrusday, March 18th, 11.45pm GMT - FINAL FOR 3RD PLACE
VP: 16 13 11 (10 fee)
Map: CC
Modes: All
FF: OFF
Classes: Assault banned
Weapons: All except Assault's of course
Roster: Vasilisk

Found those ones

Name: 6 vs 6
Ladder: 4 clans, 6vs6 (3 clans in)
Time: Thursday, March 19th, 7pm GMT
VP: 16 13 11 (10VP fee)
Map: SM
FF: ?
Classes: All
Weapons: RL and GL banned
Roster: Vasilisk, Cagen, Lince

Name: 3vs3 match
Ladder: 4 clans, 3vs3 (2 clans in)
Time: Thursday, March 19th, 8pm GMT

Name: ZzzZ 4vs4
Ladder: 4 clans, 4vs4 (2 clans in)
Time: Thursday, March 19th, 10pm GMT
VP: 10 5 1 (No fee)
Map: TD
Modes: BC and C&H
Weapons: All

That's about it. Other tourney have only 1 clan signed up so far. We can't take many anyway since the different rounds will probably happen at roughly the same times.
If another officer wants to check the list too, he's welcome :D

Raist

Banned
Roxas said:
next time there's an open spot can i get an invite please? im active and play almost every night

PSN : Goonboy

Invite sent :)

Some updates:

Clean up done, we're now 53 (with the above invite sent and pending that's 54)
Thanks to the challenge we've just won (1300VP :D) we are now ranked #58

Great job guys!

Getting in the top 10 will be tough, we need to get the gold medal first to earn 100k VP (all the clans in the top 10 have one already). We're 23 victories away from it.
That said, once we get that medal, we're only a couple of points away from #10 (there would be a 200VP difference). Assuming that no other clan racks up a huge amount of points :p

So keep joining tourneys, own them, and remember:

She'll make you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain.
She'll make you live her crazy life but she'll take away your pain
like a bullet to your brain.

Cagen

Raist said:
Roster:

I like this one, the others not so much due to timing or BC/C&H being wank by themselves.

Oh yeah Dave, if you want a spot in a match tomorrow that I'm in, you can take my place as we sort of kicked you out of the challenge tonight heh and I get in most of them anyway.

Raist

Banned
Vasilisk said:
Nice job Raist with updating the thread and keeping everyone informed. I'll probably be able to play all the matches tomorrow :D

I'll put you in the rosters right now.

edit: k Cagen, adding you to the roster.

I won't be home until 7.30pm GMT or so, so I hope you guys will sort it out and kick some asses :D

Raist

Banned
Soooo guys, let's challenge the other GAF clans this week-end, shall we?

I already posted in the GAD East 3 clan thread.

Let's decide how many players, map and stuff.

Oh boy, the clan we've defeated yesterday has challenged us again, this time for 1900VP. Pretty much the same settings except that RL and GL are banned.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
Soooo guys, let's challenge the other GAF clans this week-end, shall we?

I already posted in the GAD East 3 clan thread.

Let's decide how many players, map and stuff.

Oh boy, the clan we've defeated yesterday has challenged us again, this time for 1900VP. Pretty much the same settings except that RL and GL are banned.

Still 3 vs 3 as well?

I think we can easily pwn them. what time is it? (sorry cant check now) I'll be busy till 9PM GMT today.

As for the GAF East 3 challenge, I'd say 8vs8 in Salamun, Pyrrhus Rise, Visari Hammer or HGH Industries or 4vs4 on the rest. All modes. All badges.

Lince

Banned
Roster: Vasilisk, Cagen, Lince

count me in for this :p

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
Still 3 vs 3 as well?

I think we can easily pwn them. what time is it? (sorry cant check now) I'll be busy till 9PM GMT today.

As for the GAF East 3 challenge, I'd say 8vs8 in Salamun, Pyrrhus Rise, Visari Hammer or HGH Industries or 4vs4 on the rest. All modes. All badges.

Yup, it's basically exactly the same challenge. 3vs3, Salamun Market, etc. I'm at work now so I don't have access to it, but I think it was sometime after 10pm GMT. Maybe .15 or .45, don't remember.

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
Yup, it's basically exactly the same challenge. 3vs3, Salamun Market, etc. I'm at work now so I don't have access to it, but I think it was sometime after 10pm GMT. Maybe .15 or .45, don't remember.

then you should play again along with Cagen and TTP, you did an awesome job with the strategy !!!!

Facism

I can make the 11:45pm game.

Good job on those lovely lovely valour points. Enough to cover a big pair of titties.

Cagen

Roster: Vasilisk, Cagen, Lince, Chryz

We need two more people for this.

Raist said:

I'm happy to give them another spanking. :lol

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
I'm happy to give them another spanking. :lol

it's a trap! yesterday they sent the juniors with nice and polite tactics (no rockets, no shotguns, no camping, etc) .. today they will send their hardcore assault + shotgun troops... that's why there're more valor points at stake!!! :lol

Cagen

Lince said:
it's a trap! yesterday they sent the juniors with nice and polite tactics (no rockets, no shotguns, no camping, etc) .. today they will send their hardcore assault + shotgun troops... that's why there're more valor points at stake!!! :lol

...but what they don't know is Salamun Market is our speciality. No rocket launcher or shotgun can defeat the might of my M4 revolver wielding Assault :lol.

Cagen

Facism said:
I'm tempted to say you're getting played by these guys ;p

Yeah quite possibly, though I would have put up a higher amount this time around if I were them. I don't doubt our level of skill though, especially not in small 3v3 games but I wouldn't go into it thinking we were going to walk all over them or it might smack us in the face.

dazed808

Cagen said:
I wouldn't go into it thinking we were going to walk all over them or it might smack us in the face.

Nope, you need to dance all over them giving it a little latino hip flourish as you pop that last bullet into their bleeding corpses:lol

Raist

Banned
:lol

Today's tournaments

This one is already scheduled, it's a 3rd place final.

Name: 5 v 5 fun
Ladder: 4 clans, 5vs5
Time: Thrusday, March 18th, 11.45pm GMT - FINAL FOR 3RD PLACE
VP: 16 13 11 (10 fee)
Map: CC
FF: OFF
Roster: Vasilisk, Fascism

Found those ones

Roster: Vasilisk, Cagen, Lince, ChryZ, -viper-

Name: 3vs3 match
Ladder: 4 clans, 3vs3 (2 clans in)

Name: ZzzZ 4vs4
Ladder: 4 clans, 4vs4 (2 clans in)
Time: Thursday, March 19th, 10pm GMT
VP: 10 5 1 (No fee)
Map: TD
Modes: BC and C&H
Weapons: All

-viper-

Banned
Put me down for that 6v6 game.

Cagen said:
Yeah we should have won that, total bullshit.

GAFe Luck!

Though we drew 3v3 on the rounds so I can come out knowing we didn't actually lose :lol.
There was something SERIOUSLY wrong with that game. I was unloading full clips on some of them and they didn't die.

I'm guessing it was lag? Because when I later tried playing Veteran bots, they were dropped in an instant.

Cagen

-viper- said:

There was something SERIOUSLY wrong with that game. I was unloading full clips on some of them and they didn't die.

I'm guessing it was lag? Because when I later tried playing Veteran bots, they were dropped in an instant.

Yeah, it's incredibly annoying. I am a TF2 player at heart and I miss my dedicated server SO MUCH.

Lince

Banned
-viper- said:

I was watching and there was a moment where a message about the host connection appeared on screen, it might be that... poor connection so awful hit detection.

Raist

Banned
Cagen said:
Yeah quite possibly, though I would have put up a higher amount this time around if I were them. I don't doubt our level of skill though, especially not in small 3v3 games but I wouldn't go into it thinking we were going to walk all over them or it might smack us in the face.

Yeah, I thought that too when I saw the challenge this morning.
Well, we can always modify the challenge so that we put the VP bet down to 1300 points. If we loose, we're basically back at the number we had yesterday, and so do they so they should be happy, if we win, profit.

peetfeet

Eccocid said:
oh i missed the clan game last night due to dinner but joined PeetFeet's game but we were on opposite factions :p

I didn't notice you til halfway through the game, and you went as soon as it finished? It was playing the same map over and over so i forgive you ;-). I'm off work tomorrow so if anyone see's me playing come join or invite me to your game, preferably on a 24 player server at max.

Cagen

Roster: Vasilisk, Cagen, Lince, ChryZ, -viper-

Ok, so this game isn't happening. I had assumed Raist had signed us up to it last night and I've been working all day so haven't been able to check and now that I just got on I saw we weren't subscribed to it. Doh!

However, I signed us up for another match at 8, details are as follows.

Name: 4v4 something
Ladder: 4 clans, 4vs4 (full, including us)
Map: Radec Academy
Modes: No Search and Retrieve
Roster:

As for the roster I assume the people who wanted in on the 7pm game will want to play in this, as it is only a 4 player team I will drop out unless someone doesn't want to play.

Sorry for the mess up.

Cagen

I also just accepted the clan challenge before it got too close to the match as it is scheduled for 10:15.

The finals of the 4v4 might clash with this so we need to make sure we have players available and this match takes priority as it is for 1900 valor. I'll play in it and I will take a guess that Marcel and Raist will join me again as we were the ones who played them last time which means anyone wanting to play in the 4v4 tournament should be able to with Lince.

However if either of them can't make it I'll need someone in reserve to take their place - I'd rather not lose 1900 valor because we couldn't get 3 people together :lol.

Raist

Banned
Cagen said:
Ok, so this game isn't happening. I had assumed Raist had signed us up to it last night and I've been working all day so haven't been able to check and now that I just got on I saw we weren't subscribed to it. Doh!

RTFOP! :D

Raist

Banned
Cagen said:
Dude... well... I.... working... posting without reading it... stuff... shut up.

You in for the clan challenge?

YOU shut up, junior.

:p. yeah I'm in, VP all over my face

Cagen

Name: 4v4 tournament
Ladder: 4 clans, 4vs4 (full, including us)
Map: Radec Academy
Modes: No Search and Retrieve
Roster: Lince, Chryz

Lobby opens in 15 minutes. Do we have two other people that want to play? If not I can take one of the spots but doubt I'll be able to join the final as it will most likely clash with the clan challenge.

Top Bottom