• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

Cagen

Lince said:
Vasilisk told me earlier that he was going to play every match today but he got offline half an hour ago pissed when the 7pm GMT game didn't happen, I sort of understand him since yesterday he couldn't play either when someone didn't check the thread and took his spot in another game, this is madness...

:/ he is more the welcome to play in this game, in fact we need him! I'll join the lobby and keep an eye on my friends list for people online and if anyone wants to take my spot (if we manage to get 4) then they can take it.

ChryZ

For the record: I don't have to play, if anyone wants a go then it's fine with me. There is always another game.

Cagen

ChryZ said:
For the record: I don't have to play, if anyone wants a go then it's fine with me. There is always another game.

You should play, you don't get into every game. I pretty much play everything going so I can take some time out to let other clan members play.

Lince

Banned
nm

anyone willing to join GAFe there's one more spot now

good luck racking up those points guys! make GAFe proud! :D

I'm not really pissed, but my brother wanted to use the PS3, I didn't let him because of the matchs and when I'm going to play I discover that we don't have anyone. Nevermind, I'll be at the 10:15 GMT games

KZObsessed

Didn't mean to make you leave Lince :p Just noticed the game when I logged on and went to check to see if you needed another player.

Those two we played against were really pleasant, said they'd re-arrange when they can get more people. They played pretty well too, just the two of them.

Cagen

Name: 4v4 tournament
Ladder: 4 clans, 5vs5 (full, including us)
Time: Thursday, March 19th, 9:05pm GMT Final
VP: 16 13 11 (10VP fee)
Map: Radec Academy
Modes: No Search and Retrieve
FF: ?
Classes: All
Weapons: RL and GL banned
Roster: Negaido, Rick808, Chryz, FFObsessed (as you joined in the 5th spot I didn't realise was a spot lol) if you guys want to go onto the final.

The match is actually a 5v5 and not a 4v4 like it is named. The final is at 9:05 GMT, I took the last spare spot that was going when the timer got down to like 30 seconds to play heh so if anyone else wants to play in the final then they can take my spot, if no one wants to play I'll be available.

We have the clan challenge at 10:15 which is Myself, Raist and TTP (if he shows up), if not we will need someone willing to take his place.

Finally we have the final of yesterdays tournament at 11:45 which is a 5v5.

Cagen

-viper- said:
i want to play.

In the 9:05 final? You can take the spot I had then.

For the 11:45GMT final we only have 2 people that are in it so far.

Name: 5 v 5 fun
Ladder: 4 clans, 5vs5
Time: Thrusday, March 18th, 11.45pm GMT - FINAL FOR 3RD PLACE
VP: 16 13 11 (10 fee)
Map: CC
Modes: All
FF: OFF
Classes: Assault banned
Weapons: All except Assault's of course
Roster: Vasilisk, Live_Feed

3 spots to fill, any takers?

Cagen

Vasilisk said:
I'm not really pissed, but my brother wanted to use the PS3, I didn't let him because of the matchs and when I'm going to play I discover that we don't have anyone. Nevermind, I'll be at the 10:15 GMT games

Sorry about that Vas, Raist and I were busy all day so haven't managed to do anything on our PS3s and I thought it had already been set up.

KZObsessed

Lince or you Cagen can take my spot in the final if you guys want, don't want to just come in and take the glory :lol

Don't think I'll be able to make the 11:45 final as I've got some work to do and have to be in Uni early 2moro. If I'm on I'll join in case you need any more players but can't promise I will be so don't put me down for it or anything.

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Lince or you Cagen can take my spot in the final if you guys want, don't want to just come in and take the glory :lol

Don't think I'll be able to make the 11:45 final as I've got some work to do and have to be in Uni early 2moro. If I'm on I'll join in case you need any more players but can't promise I will be so don't put me down for it or anything.
What course do you do?

Cagen

FFObsessed said:
Holy shit, the 10:15 game is for 1933 valor, high stakes! :lol

They challenged us last night for 1311 and we kicked their ass, this might be a ploy to take us for all we're worth lol. As for the 9:05 match I would rather other people then myself get to play in games so Lince can take the spot if he so wishes, I'll keep an eye out and if we're down a person and the game is close to starting I'll jump in, though right now I need to get some food.

KZObsessed

Yeah, I think we're about to get hustled :lol

I'm gonna get some food and I'll just try and jump in at the last minute as to not take anyone's position and just in case you need an extra man.

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Pharmacy. Not to be confused with the former NeoGAF member. :lol
Off topic but....

Aaah Pharmacy. Must be fucking hard. :| What uni?

I'm currently doing my A-Levels but I do not enjoy Chemistry. Not doing too bad at it, but my exam board is the hardest so I'm pretty much dreading the synoptic paper in June.

I hope to do Dentistry. Need AABa though :\ B in Chem that is.

KZObsessed

-viper- said:
Off topic but....

Aaah Pharmacy. Must be fucking hard. :| What uni?

I'm currently doing my A-Levels but I do not enjoy Chemistry. Not doing too bad at it, but my exam board is the hardest so I'm pretty much dreading the synoptic paper in June.

I hope to do Dentistry. Need AABa though :\ B in Chem that is.

It's not so much hard as it is mind numbingly boring. :p I'm in third year now and I'm thinking of finishing at the end of this year and just leaving with a BSc rather than the MSc required to be a Pharmacist, and I'm not doing very well so maybe they'll force me off anyway. :p I'm at the University of Manchester.

ahh I loved Chemistry! Was my favorite! I got an AAB at the end. B in Physics, found that quite difficult. :/

Dentistry is crazy competitive now. More so than Medicine these days, or so someone told me.

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
It's not so much hard as it is mind numbingly boring. :p I'm in third year now and I'm thinking of finishing at the end of this year and just leaving with a BSc rather than the MSc required to be a Pharmacist, and I'm not doing very well so maybe they'll force me off anyway. :p I'm at the University of Manchester.

ahh I loved Chemistry! Was my favorite! I got an AAB at the end. B in Physics, found that quite difficult. :/

Dentistry is crazy competitive now. More so than Medicine these days, or so someone told me.
Probably because there are far less Dental schools in the UK, and probably because everyone loves money :\

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cagen said:
We have the clan challenge at 10:15 which is Myself, Raist and TTP (if he shows up), if not we will need someone willing to take his place.

I'm up for that. I'll probably go to sleep right after the match tho. Today has been very busy with my first son birthday and stuff. I don't want to see anymore kids for at least 10 years.

Facism

Vasilisk told me earlier that he was going to play every match today but he got offline half an hour ago pissed when the 7pm GMT game didn't happen, I sort of understand him since yesterday he couldn't play either when someone didn't check the thread and took his spot in another game, this is madness...

Come now, when i checked the thread last night, TTP asked someone to come before editing to say either me or Vasilisk (which i read after the game). Don't blame me if someone who is scheduled for a game leaves it till 2 minutes before it actually starts (that's when i joined). He had ample time from the game being joinable to it starting.

Again, i apologise, but it looked like it he wasn't going to show and you needed a sub.

dazed808

FFObsessed said:
So close on that one! Outnumbered as well!

Sorry guys I was due to play that one but my router spazzed out just as I was joining,couldn't even post here to get someone to replace me :(

dazed808

Facism said:
Come now, when i checked the thread last night, TTP asked someone to come before editing to say either me or Vasilisk (which i read after the game). Don't blame me if someone who is scheduled for a game leaves it till 2 minutes before it actually starts (that's when i joined). He had ample time from the game being joinable to it starting.

Again, i apologise, but it looked like it he wasn't going to show and you needed a sub.

Yeah it was all very last minute, Live and me both jumped in right near the start time to fill the empty spaces. At least we are playing lots of matches so everyone will get the chance to play, people just need to be flexible and not get pissed if they miss out on a game.

KZObsessed

dazed808 said:
Sorry guys I was due to play that one but my router spazzed out just as I was joining,couldn't even post here to get someone to replace me :(

Just one more man and we would have won! JUST ONE MORE!

haha no worries!

Raist

Banned
Ok, look.

We're taking a LOT of our time to try to organize stuff, so that you have a nice round up of all the infos. If the tourney posts were lost in the official thread, I'd understand. But having an eye on the OP of this thread, which I ALWAYS have updated as soon as people step up for a game, is not hard at all.

So just randomly joining in matches you weren't supposed to join is not cool. It's not cool for the people who try to organize it, putting a lot of time and effort into it, and it's not cool for the people who were ready and happy to play, especially since it always happened to people who have been the most dedicated to the clan activity.

If you want to step up and take my role as one of the organizers, be my guest. Let's see how you will do. It's already painful to manage (and the few flaws in the tournament system don't help, FIX THIS SHIT GG), but when we also have to deal with people who are pissed off because they can't join a game they were supposed to, it's a nightmare.

Seriously, what does it take? 2 minutes to check the OP or the latest couple of posts, and see what are the upcoming games and who has already joined. It's taking us one or two hours minimum per day to manage this shit (I'm not kidding). Do the math.

We are a good clan IMO, with a lot of nice and skilled people, and we're far more organized than any clan out there. So I don't see why we have to go through this messy shit.
We don't really care if we loose, we don't necessarily aim to be in the top rankings at all cost, we're just here to have fun and try to make things go smoothly and as organized and friendly as possible. And this kind of behaviour just pisses people off, because it's just not cool.

Now, today's challenge is going to start soon, and Cagen and I are automatically in, sorry. TTP should be there as well, because he participated to the original challenge. So far he's not online, so MAYBE we will need another player. But until we know for sure, if I see any other people from the clan in the lobby, who wouldn't have posted here, I swear I'll take his name and kick his ass. :D

So, play nice, be nice, let's have fun together and get that gold medal ASAP, and just live la vida loca.

[/walloftext]

Rolf NB

So I've sent friend requests to a bunch of you guys today and all of a sudden I'm in the clan. Hurray for me!

I'm still having a hard time getting together with clanmates into matches. I've played for a couple of rounds on opposing teams with one of you, because the match was already lopsided beyond repair versus the Helghast, and that's where autoselect stuck me anyway.

"Join friends" didn't produce any match yet.

I noticed there was some sort of clan tournament at "7pm" ... but I don't know what timezone that refers to. GMT? My local time? I dropped out of a few games a few minutes before 7pm, 8pm and then 9pm, and I think at 9pm there actually was a match. I could only see it by looking at the matches my fellow clan members currently play though (nothing under scheduled events or some such), and I couldn't do anything with it, certainly not join.

What should I do?

Facism

again, i was asked at the last minute to fill a space that looked like it was going to be left open. I fully understand the need for protocol and scheduling, but if players can't make it to a match promptly and risk having the team one player down, what am i going to do?

'lol no sorry TTP have fun with your 4v5'

:p

[edit]Is anyone else going to be participating in the 11:45 game tonight? Vasilisk and I will feel mighty lonely :(

dazed808

Facism said:
[edit]Is anyone else going to be participating in the 11:45 game tonight? Vasilisk and I will feel mighty lonely :(

As long as my router doesn't chuck it's toys out the pram again I'll be there, though probably minus headset as it's refusing to sync again today - fucking thing's going in the bin!

Facism

dazed808 said:
As long as my router doesn't chuck it's toys out the pram again I'll be there, though probably minus headset as it's refusing to sync again today - fucking thing's going in the bin!

Sound as a Yen.

Raist

Banned
Facism said:

Dave will join IIRC. Message him to confirm, maybe.

As for this issue, we usually spam the thread when we need another player because one hasn't shown up. I mean, I don't think it's hard to check since IMO we're managing it pretty nicely. And when it turns into a giant clusterfuck because rosters change all of a sudden, it's annoying. My only point in doing this is to have clanmates enjoy their ride and play together.

Raist

Banned
bcn-ron said:
So I've sent friend requests to a bunch of you guys today and all of a sudden I'm in the clan. Hurray for me!

I'm still having a hard time getting together with clanmates into matches. I've played for a couple of rounds on opposing teams with one of you, because the match was already lopsided beyond repair versus the Helghast, and that's where autoselect stuck me anyway.

I noticed there was some sort of clan tournament at "7pm" ... but I don't know what timezone that refers to. GMT? My local time? I dropped out of a few games a few minutes before 7pm, 8pm and then 9pm, and I think at 9pm there actually was a match. I could only see it by looking at the matches my fellow clan members currently play though (nothing under scheduled events or some such), and I couldn't do anything with it, certainly not join.

What should I do?

Ingame, the displayed times are always adjusted to your local time. In this thread we usually use GMT time (we always mention it anyway)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
Fucking robbed on BC and C&H :(

I know exactly why we lost on C&H and it was all my fault. No one was coming to my point and I decided to move ahead when it was too late.

We did very well at S&D on attack.

On a side note, my kills weren't "chirping" on m end for some reason so I was never sure I got someone.

Cagen

bcn-ron said:

What should I do?

You're welcome for the clan invite :p and with tournaments if you see one is subscribed to in the events page, check here and see if there are any people already signed up to play in it, if not or there are spaces then put your name down and we'll try to make sure you're in that game. A good idea is to check this thread before you go online to see if anything has been mentioned, the OP is more often then not up to date to the best of Raist's ability and you can check through the last few posts of the thread to see if anything is being organised.

In this thread everything is in GMT (It always have GMT after it anyway) and lobbies open up 15 minutes before the match.

Facism said:
Is anyone else going to be participating in the 11:45 game tonight? Vasilisk and I will feel mighty lonely :(

I can play in it if you need another man though I don't want to take a space from another member who might want to play.

TTP said:
Fuck! Good game tho. So fucking close. And I hate the Sab SMG with passion.

It was an excellent game and we were definitely robbed on C&H/BC and I like how the guys were humble winners and congratulated us on a good match. They also want a rematch which we will be giving them at some point.

Raist

Banned
I should have survived on assassination :( Managed to handle 3 or 4 of them with Cagen but my health kept dropping lower and lower on each attack. We had 3 turrets and 2 flying drones up, I can't believe they got past that :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I'm creating a "WZ SMALL FF:ON" room now for some warming up. Everyone is free to join.

Cagen

Raist said:
I should have survived on assassination :( Managed to handle 3 or 4 of them with Cagen but my health kept dropping lower and lower on each attack. We had 3 turrets and 2 flying drones up, I can't believe they got past that :lol

I can't believe how over powered the M4 is haha, I prefer it to the shotgun by a mile and any other weapon at fairly close range. I love it when Assault is allowed but the Rocket/Grenade Launcher is disabled because I get to bring out my M4 and not to toot my own horn but I rock with it :lol. I took their whole team down several times with an Assault and an M4.

So this is the roster for tonight's next and final scheduled match.

Name: 5 v 5 fun
Ladder: 4 clans, 5vs5
Time: Thrusday, March 18th, 11.45pm GMT - FINAL FOR 3RD PLACE
VP: 16 13 11 (10 fee)
Map: CC
Modes: All
FF: OFF
Classes: Assault banned
Weapons: All except Assault's of course
Roster: Vasilisk, Live_Feed, TTP, Dave (possibly), Rick (possibly)

I'll be on stand by if Dave or Rick don't make it, please try to be there like 7-15 mins before the actual match starts as if it gets down to like 4 minutes I'll jump in to make sure we're not underhanded.

ChryZ

Cagen said:
I can't believe how over powered the M4 is haha, I prefer it to the shotgun by a mile and any other weapon at fairly close range. I love it when Assault is allowed but the Rocket/Grenade Launcher is disabled because I get to bring out my M4 and not to toot my own horn but I rock with it :lol. I took their whole team down several times with an Assault and an M4.
You're really good with the M4. I'm quite impressed by your gunplay.

Cagen

ChryZ said:
You're really good with the M4. I'm quite impressed by your gunplay.

Why thank you. /bighead

If i have time to assess and approach a situation I am very good but if it becomes a cluster fuck like when we were attacking on S&D I don't perform very well and usually end up flinging my body at the objective :lol.

Top Bottom