• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

Raist

Banned
FFObsessed said:
I said you and Cagen did a great job. You should promote me!

The only issue I had was during S&D defense, one of the spawns was too near that hole so I kept spawning down it (or falling down it lol) and had to run around the side :p And once both spawns went down, I waited but I had to spawn on Lince and make my way across. Other than that, flawless.

I know mate :p

Yeah that one was a bit too close to the hole, I believe I placed this one when both spawns were down and as I noticed it probably a couple of secs after it happened I was in a rush cause there were a couple of guys from the other clan around and bullets flying all over the place. And Cagen was too busy killing shit left and right :lol

Live: yeah S&D was incredibly fast I didn't even have the time to get there :lol

-viper-

Banned
Raist said:
See? SEE? If I ever see/hear one of you whining about the spawns again, I'll fire ya!

:D

Anyway, that really was a great match guys, and on a map we're not really used to play :)
I'm proud of GAFe <3
wow u r gr8 tactician

can i have my officer status back? :p

Cagen

matches.jpg

Versus: Better Than Halo
Teams: 8vs8
Time: Thursday, June 4th, 9:15PM BST.
Map: HI
VP: 1000
Modes: All
FF: On
Classes: Assault banned
Weapons: RL and GL banned
Roster: Cagen, Lince, ChryZ, Raist, Josh, Dan, TTP

Rick can't make it, so we're a man down. Also, THE PATCH IS NOW LIVE so it might be an idea to practice a bit before the game to get a feel for it. This should be interesting :lol.

ChryZ

Cagen said:
Also, THE PATCH IS NOW LIVE so it might be an idea to practice a bit before the game to get a feel for it. This should be interesting :lol.
How big is the patch? I'll be on around 90mins before the event.

Cagen

ChryZ said:
How big is the patch? I'll be on around 90mins before the event.

Not sure, about to go download it in a few mins. Remember to download it before the match guys so you aren't late. I foresee us being even shorter manned than 6/8 because people will still be downloading the patch when the match starts :lol.

Usual class assignments, I can't be bothered doing map strategy as no one reads it and you should all know the areas on HI.

Cagen, Raist - Tactician
Lince, Chryz, Josh - Engineer
Dan - Medic
TTP - medic also?

Are you reading this to steal all our secrets, BadlyCookedTurkey?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cagen said:
Not sure, about to go download it in a few mins. Remember to download it before the match guys so you aren't late. I foresee us being even shorter manned than 6/8 because people will still be downloading the patch when the match starts :lol.

Usual class assignments, I can't be bothered doing map strategy as no one reads it and you should all know the areas on HI.

Cagen, Raist - Tactician
Lince, Chryz, Josh - Engineer
Dan - Medic
TTP - medic also?

Are you reading this to steal all our secrets, BadlyCookedTurkey?

I see we already got 2 tacticians. Will do Medic ok.

KZObsessed

We only have 7? rofl, no one can be arsed anymore, including me :p

We're like a heavy weight champion who's lost all motivation.

Rolf NB

Wat. I'm downloading the patch now. Send me a PSN msg if you want me in the game (out of PSN during patch download).

Too late. Ach.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
@ GAFe tacticians: please remember the game was patched with no invincibility at respawn :lol

Anyway, I noticed the cool down time for the medic gun is MUCH shorter than before. I think it's now like it was in the beta.

KZObsessed

Also remember not to revive when there are 4 enemies standing over the persons corpse :lol

And thanx for showing up clan leader 8vs6 was very enjoyable. :p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FFObsessed said:
Also remember not to revive when there are 4 enemies standing over the persons corpse :lol

Did they remove invincibility from revive as well? Just get the hell out of there!

GG

Sucks you had less players, though I thought you had 7.

I don't know if it was just heat of the moment but you lot came across as complete whingers. I mean complaining about grenades thrown at the search and destroy point when you threw a spawn grenade right there? Really? (I didn't even think people did that before the patch) The spawns did really let you down.

I know we (me) gave you jip back, but you had it coming really. Soz if I was ever offensive, though I'm not sure I was. :D

Ta guys.

Irish Cunt

?

FFO called me an 'Irish cunt' on at least two occassions, and there was constant moaning about lag, spawn camping, throwing grenades at spawns.

What game were you playing?

And as I said, it was probably heat of the moment, in which case I really don't care.

Drunk, Irish...I get it.

GAFe racists, confirmed! :D

(not had a drink in a week, just to be clear)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BadlyCookedTurkey said:
?

FFO called me an 'Irish cunt' on at least two occassions, and there was constant moaning about lag, spawn camping, throwing grenades at spawns.

What game were you playing?

A different one probably :lol

I wasn't into the same squad as FFO tho, so I couldn't hear them all the time. But if he did say so, I assume he was simply joking.

Besides, I noticed a drastic reduction of kill delay. Like, there was none.

A couple of times I thought I'd done enough with the shotty to kill someone, but other than that didn't really feel much lag.

Do you generally feel there is lag in Killzone a lot? I've heard it mentioned, but I've had far more lag (and other shit) in COD than I have with killzone.

KZObsessed

Someone told me to "stfu FFObsessed you faggot", I thought it was you so I called you an "Irish cunt" as I thought you were abusing me. That's my word ;) If it wasn't you then I apologize. It was only once tho and I'm Irish too, well half.

The reasons for the spawns was that 1 of our tacticians was busy and couldn't show so Cagen had to try and do it all himself, and he did a good job by himself, but there wasn't much he could do 8v6. He's an excellent tactician in general and his partnership with Raist is why we win most of our games. I tried to switch to tact after we lost S&D when the spawns went down, but I think I managed to get down 1 during BC and 1 during C&H while I was dying. But I wasn't able to help Cagen, sorry Cagen!

Not much we could do 8v6. If you want a rematch at full teams then I'd be happy to play. If everyone else wants to?

Yeah TTP, for the most part, there was 1 guy, don't know his name, who died about 5 seconds after I shot him, but that was just a one off instance. The only other issue was when people would take 3 M4 shots and survive, which with no spawn invincibility can only be explained by lag and the shots not registering. And they were right after each other so no med packs could have been used.

Irish internet connections I guess... :p

KZObsessed

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
A couple of times I thought I'd done enough with the shotty to kill someone, but other than that didn't really feel much lag.

Do you generally feel there is lag in Killzone a lot? I've heard it mentioned, but I've had far more lag (and other shit) in COD than I have with killzone.

I found KZ2 has by far the most lag out of any major PS3 online game that I've played. Actually no UT3 was the worst with 0.5-1 seconds of bullet lag. But I didn't play that after the first day so I'm not counting it ;)

It's not just warping and things like that, but you can tell when someone takes more bullets to down. When someone shoots you from behind a wall when they're not visible on your screen. Shooting a guy full on in the face and it not registering. People shooting you when they're facing to the side of you.

CoD4 felt like there was a 2 second discrepancy between the two players which was a major problem at times. I think it's because I've played KZ2 for so long I notice it a lot more. KZ3 desperately needs dedicated servers. P2P just can't cut it with the range of connection strengths in different European countries.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Sorry for the shitty revives in the match guys :( I thought it was just the spawn invincibity that was removed. And sorry for the more than usual amount of TKs too.

Not one of my best performances :/

[/Dan]

FFObsessed said:
Someone told me to "stfu FFObsessed you faggot"

I really don't believe someone on our team would have said that. I'm by far the loudest, and I certainly wouldn't resort to the word faggot. Such a cliche. :D

No, everyone is quite quiet and calm appart from me. They don't ever trash talk, and I only do when provoked. (even though I do enjoy it) :D

KZObsessed

Well I doubt anyone on my team would have said it! At least I hope not.

But if someone insults me, I insult back. Not much else to it.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
FFObsessed said:
No worries Dan, I was just joking before you know? Keep playing with us. :)

Heh, I know :p I'll keep fightin', but I think I'll give the other classes a lil go :D

[/Dan]

Raist

Banned
Hello lads.

I'm really, really sorry for the no show yesterday. My internet started to crap out and eventually died on me. I'm having a lot of issues lately and my ISP says it's not coming from them. Had to spend 2 hours the other day on the phone trying to fix shit. We've tried about everything. So they say the issue comes from my side, and according to them I may even have people leeching my internet connection. As my network is completely locked down, I really doubt it.

Anyway sorry again for letting you in deep shit, and I'll be happy to play a rematch with full teams.
RAAAGE

edit: btw, everything for my trip to London is now confirmed and as a quick reminder I'll be there July 20th-24th. Obviously meeting up on the days I travel could be tricky, so the best would be to try to gather on the 21st, 22nd or 23rd. It'll come soon enough, so the earlier we try to plan it, the easier it will be. Although I know that some of you might not be able to know far in advance because of work etc.

Lince

Banned
well I think the "Better than Halo" clan won it fair and square, no complains on their part just well played. However, even with a team of 6, we had our chances in both S&D missions but ultimately blew them, the lack of a support tactician hurt for sure but Cagen heroically managed to place the spawns down everytime so it was our own fault that we lost control of them and ended up camped by a more organized team. I saw a couple of medics running around during S&D that really could have been more useful as engineers planting turrets/C4 to defend our own spawns, but thanks for trying to help anyway. Let's hope we get a full team for the next clan game (if we ever happen to have another) and show a little more determination, apart from that GG guys !

Raist

Banned
Lince said:
well I think the "Better than Halo" clan won it fair and square, no complains on their part just well played. However, even with a team of 6, we had our chances in both S&D missions but ultimately blew them, the lack of a support tactician hurt for sure but Cagen heroically managed to place the spawns down everytime so it was our own fault that we lost control of them and ended up camped by a more organized team. I saw a couple of medics running around during S&D that really could have been more useful as engineers planting turrets/C4 to defend our own spawns, but thanks for trying to help anyway. Let's hope we get a full team for the next clan game (if we ever happen to have another) and show a little more determination, apart from that GG guys !

I'm not Cagen's support tactician. He's mine.

:p

btw, just remembered that the bet was 1000VP.
u fired, guys

Cagen

We paid them with our dirty money gained from dominating AV Forums, no worries :lol.

If the patch hadn't come out the day of the match, especially when we haven't really played for weeks, we more than likely would have won. Not that BTH we're bad but we weren't our usual organised selves - being down 2 people, being down 1 tactician, having medics reviving people in the middle of fire fights, generally being completely unorganised and in the wrong places. That's not us.

Anyway, I think that's me done on killzone, it was an awesome run and we defeated every other forum, community and other GAF clan we fought pre-patch, including the horrible official tournament.

Roll on Uncharted 2 - I hope they add a clan system, at least just so we can wear tags and be associated as a group. I thought I heard a dev mention it but I can't find the video or quote, we need to instil fear in the hearts of our rivals, they will know the GAFe Pirate Kings are here to pillage and plunder.

Also, shut your dirty mouth, Raist. Everyone knows you're my support.

KZObsessed

Lince said:

Yep yep. Having two medics the whole game when we only had 6 players is what killed it. No turrets no C4, no spawn protection, when Hero Cagen sacrificed himself to put a spawn down no one protected it, so they just camped them with their superior numbers and engineers. And it's not like he could place them in perfect positions when we were getting overrun by a larger team so don't you dare diss Cagen BadTurkey >_<

When I switched to tact after we lost S&D there was nothing I could do, couldn't place any except for on BC and if I manged to get one down before I died, so we had something it was in a poor position. We were just overrun by a larger team. We should have been able to do better tho, being 2 men down isn't much, we should have been able to at least put up a fight.

During S&D I saw someone run away from a planted charge in a clear room instead of diffusing, leaving me to cancel setting up and turret and run back and diffuse myself which got me killed.

During S&R we had the speaker near the delivery point. And instead of killing them and moving forward as a team, we had 2 guys running off completely in the opposite direction. :lol No idea what they were doing, chasing kills? I'm sick of playing S&R and everyone doing fuck all, talking about public games mostly here, they just leave the person who picks up the speaker to do everything while everyone just runs around getting kills.

Personally I thought it was a poor performance on everyones parts, especially myself. I promise to do better if "BetterthanHalo" want to play against a full strength GAFe? Lets up the stakes a little shall we? ;) Or if anyone can actually be arsed to carry on with clan games? I know most couldn't really be bothered against AVF either but shall we at least finish playing as a full team? Be pretty sad to have the last GAFe match where we were down players and played badly (;_;)

KZObsessed

Cagen said:
We paid them with our dirty money gained from dominating AV Forums, no worries :lol.

If the patch hadn't come out the day of the match, especially when we haven't really played for weeks, we more than likely would have won. Not that BTH we're bad but we weren't our usual organised selves - being down 2 people, being down 1 tactician, having medics reviving people in the middle of fire fights, generally being completely unorganised and in the wrong places. That's not us.

Anyway, I think that's me done on killzone, it was an awesome run and we defeated every other forum, community and other GAF clan we fought pre-patch, including the horrible official tournament.

Roll on Uncharted 2 - I hope they add a clan system, at least just so we can wear tags and be associated as a group. I thought I heard a dev mention it but I can't find the video or quote, we need to instil fear in the hearts of our rivals, they will know the GAFe Pirate Kings are here to pillage and plunder.

Also, shut your dirty mouth, Raist. Everyone knows you're my support.

Don't give up just coz a few couldn't make it! You want the last GAFe game to be that? At least lets play as as full team one last time.

We walked over AVF, lets rematch "BetterthanHalo" with a full team and get our revenge! >_<

Don't make me downgrade your title from Hero Cagen to French Cagen... omglolz

Facism

FFObsessed said:
Don't give up just coz a few couldn't make it! You want the last GAFe game to be that? At least lets play as as full team one last time.

We walked over AVF, lets rematch "BetterthanHalo" with a full team and get our revenge! >_<

Don't make me downgrade your title from Hero Cagen to French Cagen... omglolz

Belgian Cagen :lol

oh how Raist's love would be conflicted

Top Bottom