• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

Cagen

:lol

I'm not stopping because we lost, it's annoying during the match but I couldn't care less after the match - you can always tell when I'm annoyed because I go quite and don't talk at all (unless theres a bad tactician in a public game, then I get my shout on).

I'm getting bored of it and everyone else is busy with other games, this isn't a complaint as it is natural to move onto new games and I myself did it until I got my Infamous platinum, but it means we lose focus, have less practice just playing the game in public matches and potentially struggle to get the numbers like this time, which is partly my fault for accepting the challenge when we were a man down but losing 2 others after they signed up didn't help.

The changes in the patch are in my opinion too late in coming - the controls didn't need changing and all the people who complained about the controls stopped playing and likely sold the game (as my friends all did) so that was time wasted. Time they could have used to fix the BC/S&R exploits that would actually have me caring about clan progression and valour points or at least go along way too it, the lag is still a huge problem.

As far as the spawn grenade invulnerability goes they took too long in taking it out and in retrospect maybe they shouldn't have eliminated it entirely. I didn't like being killed by invulnerable people and complained about it but this fix just reverses the problem, we've gone from one extreme to the other. A seconds worth of invulnerability or a forced reload as has been suggested before would have been a better way to go about it, removing it totally is too much of a game changer this far a long in the games lifespan.

KZObsessed

I like no spawn invincibility but they shouldn't allow people to put C4 right at the point so you die automatically when you spawn. Or allow people to just cheaply throw grenades at a spawn and hope someone spawns and dies instantly. It also means that you're now at an even greater disadvantage if the teams are uneven as was evidenced yesterday. But what it does require is more teamwork, being more careful with spawns, protecting the spawns with C4 and turrets which no one did yesterday because we didn't have enough players and we had 2 medics for some reason.

For me it's the next "phase" of KZ2, an evolved more hardcore state and that excites me because I was bored with it before. Now it's more of a challenge and we need to step up in regards to teamwork. Sure, it's come at a bad time because a lot of people are no longer really up for the game, and people are playing other things. I certainly wasn't motivated for the AVF game and yesterday's game, in fact I couldn't be arsed at all, tho I was ill during the AVF game. I agree it should have been releases a lot earlier, but I don't think it was released too late for us anyway. Think of this way, U2b runs out when? June 28th? After that what's left? There's nothing until the holiday in terms of online games. Where we can try out MAG, MW2 or whatever everyone wants. We'll get back into KZ2 after U2b or at least we should, and lets get the clan going again. Or we could merge with GAFA if the numbers are dwindling and people don't care? 1 GAF clan to rule them all. Or lets not play 8v8's if we don't have enough. Let's have a rematch at 6v6 or something.

Lince

Banned
I think spawns should be placed in unusual places, yesterday for instance we could have placed them downstairs for S&D instead of upstairs near the objective where if we fail we end up being camped, if they're downstairs we can make the other team let the objective somewhat unprotected, I don't know, just make them move around and break their "formation".

Also we should speak more during S&D attack, one strategy will be waiting till we are dead and spawn at the same time and attack from both flanks, maybe that would take 10-15 seconds to pull and all but it will be worth it if we end up overwhelming their defense.

thoughts?

Facism

Lince said:
I think spawns should be placed in unusual places, yesterday for instance we could have placed them downstairs for S&D instead of upstairs near the objective where if we fail we end up being camped, if they're downstairs we can make the other team let the objective somewhat unprotected, I don't know, just make them move around and break their "formation".

Also we should speak more during S&D attack, one strategy will be waiting till we are dead and spawn at the same time and attack from both flanks, maybe that would take 10-15 seconds to pull and all but it will be worth it if we end up overwhelming their defense.

thoughts?

Agreed. a bigger level of coordination is required now. Spawn all at once, overwhelm them and then take distance positions to dominate their spawn nades.

Raist

Banned
You know what would be awesome? Allow clan leaders to give tags to their clanmates. Which would be displayed for anyone ingame, of course. You jerks :mad:

-viper-

Banned
Reloading during spawns is a good idea to be honest. Dunno why GG didn't think of that. It also lets the defending team know when to fire and when not to fire (because of the reload animation).

We'll challenge you again in a couple of weeks or so if you're up for it. Hopefully you're all still going to keep playing. We could even wait until after you've had your fill of uncharted beta.

We could use the valor. :D

J/K. But we really could, because the abortion that is killzone.com stole 4000 from us!

dazed808

FFObsessed said:
Rick has an account set up for sharing. Send him a PM and ask. GAF account is dazed808

Looks like all the slots have been taken although I was only aware of 2 people using it so far.
Would be good to know who else has got the account details.......

Thrakier

dazed808 said:
Looks like all the slots have been taken although I was only aware of 2 people using it so far.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

KZObsessed

dazed808 said:

Yeah Live told me last night that it said all activations had been used.

I used it as I let you know when I wasn't able to download from the store due to that error, but you have my word I didn't share it with anyone. Did you send it to others and they havn't let you know or has someone shared it?

I guess we could paypal Live and Seph some money to download it, or as I havn't paid for the maps I could buy them, if it lets me, and share them on another account.

Thrakier

No no, jesus christ! I think they are overpriced, yes, but don't buy them just for me, I'll just wait and see if they are still played two or three weeks from now and then I would invest the money myself.

However, it was a stupid move to let lince download those maps just to eat him afterwards. That was a wasted share.

Facism

FFObsessed said:

I used it as I let you know when I wasn't able to download from the store due to that error, but you have my word I didn't share it with anyone. Did you send it to others and they havn't let you know or has someone shared it?

I guess we could paypal Live and Seph some money to download it, or as I havn't paid for the maps I could buy them, if it lets me, and share them on another account.

no no, i don't want your money, guys. I can afford them. The maps aren't critical, i can do without them if it ends up like the first map pack and nobody plays them after a week because of shitty implementation and community splintering. I've only actually played on Vekta cruiser twice, once on the other crap one. Nobody plays them.

I just have principles on not paying for minimal content like maps. I did all my FPS play (and still do most of it) on the PC, and paid maps are the worst thing to happen to online modes of a game. You know how i pretty much lost my taste for KZ2 when they released the first map pack. These aren't healthy for a dwindling community on a 3rd place console.

dazed808

FFObsessed said:

The only other person I sent details to was Raist and he said he was probably gona buy the maps himself but he may of changed his mind.
It's not really a problem although I was thinking of using it as a share account for other PSN stuff for us all but probably won't if I don't know who else has the details.

Anyways got another share I can use for Cagen and Live and I'll let you know Thak if there's any left on that once those to have used it.

Facism

dazed808 said:
The only other person I sent details to was Raist and he said he was probably gona buy the maps himself but he may of changed his mind.
It's not really a problem although I was thinking of using it as a share account for other PSN stuff for us all but probably won't if I don't know who else has the details.

Anyways got another share I can use for Cagen and Live and I'll let you know Thak if there's any left on that once those to have used it.

Guess i will be playing some kz2 tonight :p

KZObsessed

dazed808 said:

Dave downloaded them as well I believe, so if Raist did as well. Me, Lince, Raist, Dave and of course yourself would be the 5 activations.

Lince just bought the maps, so he's gonna share and I will as well if anyone else needs them.

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Dave downloaded them as well I believe, so if Raist did as well. Me, Lince, Raist, Dave and of course yourself would be the 5 activations.

Lince just bought the maps, so he's gonna share and I will as well if anyone else needs them.

yes I'm very sorry Rick, I told Dave about the GAFe-share account but it seems he never posted here about it or contacted you before/after downloading, anyway I'm the only one to blame so I bought the maps and I'm sending PMs with account details to Cagen, Live and Seph. Feel free to download prior map packs and whatever game/DLC you want from my list, it's my pleasure.

sorry again Rick, don't hate me, I wasn't expecting something like this, should have known better and ask you in the first place :(

Facism

ooh who do i go with D:

Rick or Lince. rick i know you're going to use your nephew's account, but i feel cheeky and a little guilty for you going that far for us.

Lince

Banned
Facism said:
ooh who do i go with D:

Rick or Lince. rick i know you're going to use your nephew's account, but i feel cheeky and a little guilty for you going that far for us.

sending you, Cagen & Seph, account details in 2 minutes. Sorry, forgive me and feel free to download whatever you like from my account.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I'd probably buy them too, but I'm not sure if I should.. Wasted money on the first pack, shared with Dan but we rarely played them maybe 3 or 4 times, but then again I haven't played KZ2 since I got inFamous almost a month ago, Dan and I haven't even downloaded the latest patch yet. :\ Not sure if I should get it.

Lince

Banned
ilanna said:
I'd probably buy them too, but I'm not sure if I should.. Wasted money on the first pack, shared with Dan but we rarely played them maybe 3 or 4 times, but then again I haven't played KZ2 since I got inFamous almost a month ago, Dan and I haven't even downloaded the latest patch yet. :\ Not sure if I should get it.

PM sent

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Awwwe, Lince you didn't have to! I dunno, I haven't played KZ2 in such a looonnngggg time, don't think I'd be able to get back into it now. That was the reason for my hesitation. Don't delete me from the clan though. :p

But you are soooo sweet, Lince!!!! *hug* Still, I think you should share it with someone who'd play the game with you guys more often!

Lince

Banned
Ilanna baby no one is playing anymore but the ones posting above you in this very same page, so just take the maps.

Thrakier

I do like the two new maps and this train map, I guess. Don't know yet. However, what's bothering me - it's raining in beachhead, but for some reason, everything looks dry. :D

dazed808

Lince said:
yes I'm very sorry Rick, I told Dave about the GAFe-share account but it seems he never posted here about it or contacted you before/after downloading, anyway I'm the only one to blame so I bought the maps and I'm sending PMs with account details to Cagen, Live and Seph. Feel free to download prior map packs and whatever game/DLC you want from my list, it's my pleasure.

sorry again Rick, don't hate me, I wasn't expecting something like this, should have known better and ask you in the first place :(

No worries mate you didn't know I'd sent invites to the others who had inconsiderately buggered off for 5 days to enjoy themselves at a festival:lol And as long as it's been shared with GAFe members that's cool but yeah it would of been good to know so I could of let the others know not to bother trying!.

Anywyas all's good now and hopefully I can get on tonight and actually try the maps out myself. You lot better be there so I don't have to suffer playing with randoms .*shudder*

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Look what you made me do, Lince! :p I just bought the map pack myself. Sorry, I just have a really hard time taking stuff from people, even Dan has to practically force me to accept gifts from him. :lol Anyways, Dan and I will be playing with you guys soon. :D

And, Lince again thank you so much for offering, GAFe is the best clan ever!!!

Raist

Banned
dazed808 said:

I did use it the day the maps were released, sorry :/
But I swear I didn't give the account infos to anyone, I would have never done that.
When I DL'd the maps they were already in the downloads history, so dunno who took 'em before me.

Man that sucks :(

Facism

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
You guys be interested in a challenge on one of the new maps some time soon?

Both are pretty shytey for competitive. Beachhead has too much visual static, POS Rise ver 2 has that blast gimmick every 5 mins.

KZObsessed

Raist said:
I did use it the day the maps were released, sorry :/
But I swear I didn't give the account infos to anyone, I would have never done that.
When I DL'd the maps they were already in the downloads history, so dunno who took 'em before me.

Man that sucks :(

It's ok Raist, it was sorted, there's no problemo.

Facism said:
Both are pretty shytey for competitive. Beachhead has too much visual static, POS Rise ver 2 has that blast gimmick every 5 mins.

How do you know it'd be shit for competitive? Yeah, they're not great for spammy mash-up public games, but unless you've played a clan game on them I dunno how you'd know.

Nuke map is nothing like PR. (bar sand!)

Dave1988

Lince said:

I never posted about it here because you told me the account is to be kept "secret" :/

Thrakier

Lince said:

thoughts?

I agree. I always try to place spawn near to the objective but not NEXT to the objective. I try to hide them somwhere a bit so that it's not that easy to camp them. But it's like every spawn which is not NEXT to the objective is "shit".

Man, the new maps are a mess, even with 20 players. KZ2 is like unreal tournament, just with less weapons.

Facism

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
How do you know it'd be shit for competitive? Yeah, they're not great for spammy mash-up public games, but unless you've played a clan game on them I dunno how you'd know.

Nuke map is nothing like PR. (bar sand!)

You could give beachhead a go, but i wouldn't play it. They still keep putting out assymetrical maps and objectives, plus all that visual noise

Gimmick maps really suck when it's a worldwide killswitch during an objective. We lost SR defend and attack yesterday because of the nuke during a plant and defuse. sure it's nice for a random game, but for one involving some skill, the extra gimmick modifier is unwelcome and unecessary.

----

As fr the spawn questions, unusual places are good, as are 2 seperate spawns used to stretch out the opposing team to limit the ammount of Spawn killing and objective protection. I set 2 up on Shytehead yesterday at seperate covered points and the other team had a mission to deal with both at the same time. In the end they were stretched thin and allowed us to overwhelm their spawn nades and plant explosives safely.

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
So, Lince. You changed the pass on me already? :(

what? someone changed my password? hope you're kidding

edit: just checked and I can't login with my account anymore, if this is a joke it isn't funny guys :lol

I'm calling Sony

:(

Lince

Banned
Dave1988 said:
I never posted about it here because you told me the account is to be kept "secret" :/

well in the chat room both FFO and I said it was "private" and that Rick set it up for GAFe, that's why I asked you not to discuss details, hope you didn't feel offended.

dazed808

Dave1988 said:
It's no prob Dave, all's sorted. I was just trying to keep track of how many slots were left on the share.
Only played the new maps with 16+ players so far but I would take slightly less particle effects and no fancy nuke bombs(or the FFO killer as it was last night - don't think he survived one of them:lol) to make the framerate close to stable, hope it plays better with a smaller player count.

Top Bottom