• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

NIN90

Zezboob said:
Ok... I knew there was no matchmaking.... but no way to do team stacking with friends ?

We lost at least 20 minutes with a friend to find a lobby where we can both play in the same team. It's either "lobby is full" (even when there is only 30 players on 32)... or the lobby doesn't allow to choose your team or my friend can join me because he has a too high grade (but this one is understandable).

What a pain in the ass.

Oh, and sometimes we can't choose a lobby, the cursor get stuck on the first one, we have to change the options to be able to choose a lobby :/

Join a game with something like 20/32.

Voila!

Torgo

Well, my retail copy showed-up from Sony last night, the servers are supposed to be live today, but I won't be able to play until tomorrow night :-(

I will definitely be on for most of the weekend, but MLB 09 The Show is supposed to show up on Thursday or Friday as well.

This is gonna be a fun weekend!!!

I noticed on one of the Battle Replays you can set up the options of a game to have Spectators turned on.

Can people just join a game and spectate instead of playing? Switch from user to user and watch them?

I asked before and received no answer.

DoomGyver

3rdamention said:
I noticed on one of the Battle Replays you can set up the options of a game to have Spectators turned on.

Can people just join a game and spectate instead of playing? Switch from user to user and watch them?

Yeah you can spectate.

Zezboob

guggnichso said:
Open your own lobby, problem solved.
That's the most stupid answer possible.

And wait another 15 minutes to fill the server ?
And if everybody do this, what's the point ?

Maybe some people could admit that it would be cool if such option existed...

dhelfric said:
Join a game with something like 20/32.

Voila!
Easier said than done, the list doesn't always give a server like these.

But there is still the team selection problem :/

NIN90

3rdamention said:

Press Square on the Server list and choose "Join as spectator".
I never tried it, tho.

KZObsessed

Zezboob said:
That's the most stupid answer possible.

And wait another 15 minutes to fill the server ?
And if everybody do this, what's the point ?

Maybe some people could admit that it would be cool if such option existed...

Easier said than done, the list doesn't always give a server like these.

But there is still the team selection problem :/

Can't you search for games that have team "Auto-balancing" off?

I remember you can search for games which are "my rank only" or not so that should solve your second issue, no? Don't select "My Rank Only" and your friend should be able to join you in any game.

Quixzlizx

gamestopkz2.jpg

Wat.

What is the link for battle replay? I went to the killzone official site I don't see a link for battle replay, can someone shed some light on this.

NIN90

Crisco said:
Does the game have a "Quck play" option? Or do you always have to go choose a game from the list?

It does have an "Quick play" option.
I think it's Square on the filter screen.

Dirtbag

logo.jpg

Nascent | Joost Korngold

Killzone 2 Credits

Client: Guerrilla Games
Commissioned by: Guerrilla Games
Misc: Provided with a few dozen in-game models the guys at Guerrilla gave me carte blanche in creating the Main Credits animation for Killzone 2, a Playstation 3 exclusive title.

Credits: 3d models and Music by Guerrilla Games

http://www.renascent.nl/
Opening credit Spoilers.. if you consider such a thing a spoiler.
Very nice!!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
gluv65 said:
What is the link for battle replay? I went to the killzone official site I don't see a link for battle replay, can someone shed some light on this.
The Battle Replay links are under the profiles. Click on a profile and then a battle under the Recent Matches.

screen-capture.png

Here's a profile to try it out on.

Zezboob

FFObsessed said:
Can't you search for games that have team "Auto-balancing" off?

I remember you can search for games which are "my rank only" or not so that should solve your second issue, no? Don't select "My Rank Only" and your friend should be able to join you in any game.
About the auto-balancing thing, I will need to check about it.

But about the "rank only" things, how does it work ? I though that would make the search retrieve all the lobbies, or only lobbies of your rank.

Not that it would make the search retrieve all the lobbies with this option turned on or off.

(not sure if I am clear about the difference)

Dubbedinenglish said:
Fix for the scroll thing should be done soon

"Hi folks,

quick update. We have a fix and are checking it now. If you see the servers going down briefly its for the deployment of said fix. Sorry for the inconvenience and if anything else pops up we'll try and solve it. All in all I think it was a very successful Day 1. Thanks for the support."
http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...?board.id=killzone2&message.id=189209#M189209
Good. Quick reaction.

GodofWine

It sounds like the lobby system is just like Warhawk? (yes / no)

If so, thats a good thing and people will get used to it...while I don't mind match making set ups, I really do prefer the lobby list approach.

Kittonwy

Banned
Dubbedinenglish said:
Fix for the scroll thing should be done soon

"Hi folks,

quick update. We have a fix and are checking it now. If you see the servers going down briefly its for the deployment of said fix. Sorry for the inconvenience and if anything else pops up we'll try and solve it. All in all I think it was a very successful Day 1. Thanks for the support."
http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...?board.id=killzone2&message.id=189209#M189209

How come motherh is producer now? Did he get a promotion from QA lead?
angry.gif

BeeDog

I just talked with someone who said there's a nasty bug in the singleplayer (some part right after
a tank part or whatever
), where nothing will happen and progress is locked (unless you restart, I guess). How could they let such SP bugs slip?! Anyone heard if they're gonna adress stuff like that?

KZObsessed

Zezboob said:
About the auto-balancing thing, I will need to check about it.

But about the "rank only" things, how does it work ? I though that would make the search retrieve all the lobbies, or only lobbies of your rank.

Not that it would make the search retrieve all the lobbies with this option turned on or off.

(not sure if I am clear about the difference)

It depends whether you can create a game and set it to "only people of my rank allowed to play in it" But surely you must be able to do that if people can be denied for being too high a rank right?

You'll have to try it I'm not sure. Don't select "my rank only" and see if your friend still gets denied. Or create a game and see if you can set it to a specific rank. But I think you're probably right and it will just show all lobbies no matter what with it turned off. Will add it to the list of things to improve :p

DoomGyver

FFObsessed said:
@ dubbed ^^ That was fast! :lol

I hope all their fixes/updates will be timely. They seem very dedicated at least. :)
It's not fixed yet, I'm still getting disconnects.

I guess I just need to be patient.

Top Bottom