• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

oneHeero

Zezboob said:
Ok... I knew there was no matchmaking.... but no way to do team stacking with friends ?

We lost at least 20 minutes with a friend to find a lobby where we can both play in the same team. It's either "lobby is full" (even when there is only 30 players on 32)... or the lobby doesn't allow to choose your team or my friend can join me because he has a too high grade (but this one is understandable).

What a pain in the ass.

Oh, and sometimes we can't choose a lobby, the cursor get stuck on the first one, we have to change the options to be able to choose a lobby :/
Some people bitched about this during beta(me) and gaf beta players sweared that it was the perfect online setup.
I lol'd @ them for thinking a lobby system wouldnt be needed. I see I was correct because this is the exact reason why I was complaining about this.
When some of us complained about this, we got the same resonse from beta players "boo hoo guys the online setup is perfect you dont need a lobby system you just join your your friend and voila its all good"

I hate making a lobby and waiting just to be on the same team. O well, I still cant wait for the game and I know it aint gonna bother me after a while, but still wish it had a party system because its stupid to run into the situation you just did.

I'ma check Walmart and Target today to see if any early releases in San Antonio, Tx, will report later.

Kittonwy

Banned
dhelfric said:
Wow, US GAF is gonna get some major beating from EU GAF.

Demz fighin wordz!
angry.gif

GQman2121

Banned
My import shop has it right now (FYI Baltimore), but I'm going to hold off until Friday morning and pick it up from Target. I'm returning a game that I haven't opened yet, so I'm going to painfully hold out another 48 hours.

What sucks is that they're in stock at Target too, but they're holding on to them until Friday. :(

dhelfric said:
Press Square on the Server list and choose "Join as spectator".
I never tried it, tho.

Thanks, how many people can spectate? I could see some huge Gaf Clan Battles where the clans not participating would watch for kicks and giggles. Then talk about it on the web.

-viper-

Banned
I've noticed a couple of players have already reached the rank of General (highest rank) in the Killzone stats page. WTF? He reached General in a day?

oneHeero

-viper- said:
I've noticed a couple of players have already reached the rank of General (highest rank) in the Killzone stats page. WTF? He reached General in a day?
Possibly just making private games with 1 friend and smacking up bots. Wish that wasnt a option unless you have at least 10 real ppl in the match.

Boss Man

Saw the commercial a couple of times yesterday. Much better than I expected, but lacks Visari epicness!

I just called GameStop to see if they had it, had to try lol. They're doing a midnight release here.

Two more days. Just two more. I'm insanely jealous, but considering I've been waiting years for this. I can wait a couple more days.

I wish there was a matchmaking system as well, but whatever.

West Coast GAF FTW!

Torgo said:
Well, my retail copy showed-up from Sony last night, the servers are supposed to be live today, but I won't be able to play until tomorrow night :-(

I will definitely be on for most of the weekend, but MLB 09 The Show is supposed to show up on Thursday or Friday as well.

This is gonna be a fun weekend!!!

Is PSnation holding a contest for this game?

Dante

oneHeero said:
Possibly just making private games with 1 friend and smacking up bots. Wish that wasnt a option unless you have at least 10 real ppl in the match.

Where can we complain about this on the official forum? Anybody got a link?

Also if anyone in the Bay Area scores please lemme know where you got it :)

Boss Man

Is there like, a video or something of the multiplayer set up?

I'd really like to know about how it's set up, the options for custom games, etc...

Raist

Banned
Online is one hell of a fucking mess. :lol

Aren't squad supposed to be for communication? I'm in one but I hear everyone and that's... a pain.

careksims

Two more days til the USGaf kicks EuroGaf! I'm kidding! Time zones are so far apart when we played RoFM that I didn't see much Euro people.

Yeah! Just make it past this day and tomorrow!

Kittonwy

Banned
Raist said:
Online is one hell of a fucking mess. :lol

Aren't squad supposed to be for communication? I'm in one but I hear everyone and that's... a pain.

Corporals can form squads. There's proximity voice-chat.

Nafai1123

Banned
Just found out my gf is playing an away match and leaves Friday afternoon, which means I have no responsibilities to get out of, no one to distract me, and no reason not to stay up all fucking night playing this game. FUCK YAH!!! :D

WEST COAST GAF 4 LI4E!!1!

andycapps

You people that already have the game and are online suck.. Amazon still shows that item not shipped yet, and I have 2 day shipping. Was too late in pre-ordering to get the release date delivery. As it is, unless it ships out today, it's looking like it'll come Monday or Tuesday of next week, unless they ship it via USPS that will deliver on a Saturday.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Musashi Wins! said:
There's no matchmaking? Or advanced lobby system? :lol

modern shooter, indeed.
Please, tell me how a clan can meet up and play another clan if these things aren't in the game.

Rikyfree

I'm so glad I did my Econ HW early. I'm soooo skipping the day this comes out. If you knew me, you would know I NEVER miss univ. So ya, it's a big deal for me. The real question is whether or not I start MP or SP first. I may break tradition and just go straight into bots, then real mp first! :D

careksims

Wait so the whole team can hear each other!? Awesome! Just like good 'ol RFoM days! Whoo hoo!

Though I will be miffed if we can't have clan or team matchmaking.

WTFing

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Please, tell me how a clan can meet up and play another clan if these things aren't in the game.
CLAN will be up when someone from GAF will have enough points. Don't worry, I begin to worry but it's just the firsts hours of an awesome MP game.

Crisco

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:

Make a private lobby, have everyone join said lobby? Christ, did some of you people only start playing games 2 years ago?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Crisco said:
Make a private lobby, have everyone join said lobby? Christ, did some of you people only start playing games 2 years ago?
Ease up on the sarcasm, champ. People are saying there isn't a party system. I just wanted to know if, like in Resistance, there was a clan lobby that could then be used as a launching point.

Ok, what the fuck.

I'm still in the first level and just opened the gate for my teammates to pass through (awesome use of the sixaxis btw).

Now they say "Cover us from above", but I'm waiting already for about 5 minutes and nothing has happened or is happening.

Is this a bug?

KZObsessed

DenogginizerOS said:
Ease up on the sarcasm, champ. People are saying there isn't a party system. I just wanted to know if, like in Resistance, there was a clan lobby that could then be used as a launching point.

You organise and launch clan games via the clan page.

Boss Man

careksims said:
Wait so the whole team can hear each other!? Awesome! Just like good 'ol RFoM days! Whoo hoo!

Though I will be miffed if we can't have clan or team matchmaking.
R:FOM was closed mic, and open mic for squads. That was perfect in my opinion.

Is this how Killzone 2 works?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The Killzone.com stats are really nice, good to see the site is holding up a lot better now. I can't wait until Friday.

Kittonwy

Banned
Raist said:
Huh so what's the point of squads if I hear a dozen people shout in the mic

You need to be quiet when you're around enemies so you don't give away your position. In a squad you can only hear your squad mates and any loud mouth close-by.

Ceb

During the opening in the New Sun, some of the flight crew are talking about

An exo suit? Or did I mishear that? They say it's not working, but "maybe it'll work the next time". Killzone 3 foreshadowing? :D

Top Bottom