• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Darkpen

Banned
dork said:
good, im glad

teaches the ps3 owners a lesson

About 90% of ps3 owners refuse to pre order, because of "ill just stroll in and get it"

ok why does it hurt you to put 5 dollars down then. Quantity is based on pre orders
because it feeds the corporate retail machine?

dork

Banned
Darkpen said:
because it feeds the corporate retail machine?

ok dude,xxcorporationxxsuxz!

Heaven forbid we have a place to buy games, guess ill go shop at circuit city...oh wait..

Anton668 said:
I think another reason for the low turnout at GS is the lack of anything KZ2 in the stores. Least the ones i've been to. The 3 near me have NO adverts for the game at all!

That and the fact that Sony does not directly advertise to PS3 owners via the PS3. I know a few people that own PS3s and don't ever go to the store.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love how clean the XMB is. But perhaps that should not have been the default. Perhpas instead there should have been something like the notification bar located bottom right of the XMB that showed graphics and headlines for big Sony anouncements. Then people would see it everytime the turn on their PS3 (and connect to the internet) unless they turn that feature off.

There are a lot of people who own PS3s but software sell through seems low, and I think that is because there is a lack of direct and constant marketing. Hell - there isn't even a section of the PSN dedicated to big upcoming games. I mean, there is a browser on the PS3. Why can't I log into the store and view a list of upcoming releases with links to their websites or some PSblog media? Sony really needs to get on the ball and help get PS3 owners excited for upcoming games.

Though I am quite sure the KZ2 will sell really well in the first full month of release regardless of the absence of a midnight launch.

There had better be a midnight launch at gamestop in colorado. Ill be pissed if there isnt. Does anyone know if you can use your pre order at any store, or just the store you bought the preorder at?

Doc Evils

Darkpen said:
Also, I'd just like to say that I appreciate how much the graphics in the OP were toned down in comparison to, say, the Resistance 2 thread, bruce :lol

and what's with no one mentioning dakurol alley? D: was that debunked to be merely a coincidence? D:

As for the discussion at hand: Personally, I would love to make a game where the player's character at some point commits a war crime or two, just to illustrate how fucked up shit has been in human history, but I don't think the medium is mature enough, at least not yet. Jaffe's "Homeland" concept still comes to mind.

Tempy said it's reference to Duckroll, just more subtle.

DoomGyver

Dante said:
This game really is something else....The anti-hype articles are FANTASTIC :lol
They are, it's better than gold.. more like platinum.

And if my GS doesn't have a midnight release they just lost a sale, I'll be going to Walmart.

UntoldDreams said:
Wow... Before the only thing against this guy was that he tended to score Sony stuff pretty low on metacritic. (Don't get me wrong I don't believe he's a paid troll or anything just a fanboy himself).

This though... Is sad. He takes a comment from one site and generalizes it against a large group of people. Insult to injury is using Rush Limbaugh as a comparison. Yikes.

That's just waaaaaay overboard.
I think it's pretty fair to say a large group of fans are acting like total jackasses when anyone criticizes Killzone 2. Just reading the comments section on articles like these and reactions from the Edge review is proof there are a lot of crazy Killzone fans. Hell, the IGN review reaction was ridiculous and they gave it a 9.4

Edit: And then there are comments like the one above that drive the point home.

Kinan

Congratz on the another masterpiece of the official thread, Bruce. And even bigger congratz to Wollan - your dedication to this game is exceptional. I mean, just look at that:

255hzlw.jpg

:=)

And just a month ago Australia was also at the top there. Amazing, just plain amazing.

Kittonwy

Banned
Pre-orders or not, I hope people go out and get this game, I'll definitely be checking my friends list that week to see who have bought it and who haven't.
Indifferent2.gif

Arnie

F#A#Oo said:
No...I actually queried them as they have an asterix with the date of the game and I was bemused by it. Yes when you pre-order from them it stays in the right side box till they start processing it. You must make sure your details are correct otherwise you might see a delay.

As it stands anyone that has pre-ordered from them will be receiving the game on the 26th. Which is the same as Europe anyways.:D
Thats great news thanks, I knew Shopto was a good place to order from!

Hellsing321 said:
I think it's pretty fair to say a large group of fans are acting like total jackasses when anyone criticizes Killzone 2. Just reading the comments section on articles like these and reactions from the Edge review is proof there are a lot of crazy Killzone fans. Hell, the IGN review reaction was ridiculous and they gave it a 9.4

Anything less the perfection must be destroyed.

Dante

Kittonwy said:
Pre-orders or not, I hope people go out and get this game, I'll definitely be checking my friends list that week to see who have bought it and who haven't.
Indifferent2.gif

I've been doing that with the demo to see who plays the most :) I gotta hand it to PH he is ALWAYS playing the demo :lol

cameltoe

I have it preordered through GS. Wanted the demo access...then found out about the UK demo....still have the preorder.

I need to change the pick up store though. I had it set to pick up from a GS near work, but since I took the day off to play the game, I have to drive out there (30 min from home) to pick the fucker up. Maybe I should cancel it and grab it from the Gamecrazy thats like 1 min from my house.

Maybe hit the 7-eleven I grabbed GeoW from a day or two early? Mmm decisions decision..

yeah, Ima cancel the preorder.

Darkpen

Banned
dork said:
ok dude,xxcorporationxxsuxz!

Heaven forbid we have a place to buy games, guess ill go shop at circuit city...oh wait..
I just enjoy making retail employees suffer their quotas D:

Still watching the youtubes of the original Killzone, the story is awesome! To bad it seems like they tossed it aside for the sequel.

Tieno

Tylahedras said:
Still watching the youtubes of the original Killzone, the story is awesome! To bad it seems like they tossed it aside for the sequel.
Hah, I just did the same thing. First read the story in the OP, then watched the youtube cutscenes. Backstory is pretty fascinating.

lupinko

Man, that other thread is taking things way too seriously, THRILLZONE2, not only is it the most thrilling game in history, it is also the most polarizing game in history. :lol

Hellsing321 said:

Yeah but that reason can be applied to anything. If we can justify our desired actions based on a select few nutters that makes almost any action you take as justifiable.

Example: A few People in your city slandered me publicly so now I'll label everyone in your city as a nutter.
(Also I think its fair to say "large group of fans" is a subjective term... I seriously doubt its a majority of the people on the internets.)

UntoldDreams said:
Yeah but that reason can be applied to anything. If we can justify our desired actions based on a select few nutters that makes almost any action you take as justifiable.

A few People in your city slandered me publicly so now I'll label everyone in your city as a nutter.
I'm not saying every Sony fan is a nutter. Every side in this retarded console "war" has it's nutters. With Killzone 2 though it has become much worse. I just want the game to come out so we can stop all this bullshit and I can play the game.

thaOwner

Tylahedras said:
Just finished watching the "bad sex" segment. that was funny.

andycapps

Hellsing321 said:
I'm not saying every Sony fan is a nutter. Every side in this retarded console "war" has it's nutters. With Killzone 2 though it has become much worse. I just want the game to come out so we can stop all this bullshit and I can play the game.

Every side gets retarded fanboys though once there is a good enough game to rally behind. KZ2 happens to be the one that looks like it fits the mold of well reviewed game, plus selling millions of copies. They're at what 2.5 million pre-orders thus far? That's insane given the installed base, and the fact that it's pre-orders.

Hellsing321 said:

I can agree with that wholeheartedly...
Good lord the sooner this game comes out the better.

We can all move on to just killing each other in Multiplayer and being loud about which clan is the better clan.

Doc Evils

andycapps said:
Every side gets retarded fanboys though once there is a good enough game to rally behind. KZ2 happens to be the one that looks like it fits the mold of well reviewed game, plus selling millions of copies. They're at what 2.5 million pre-orders thus far? That's insane given the installed base, and the fact that it's pre-orders.

where is this number coming from?

lupinko

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page ) Wollan Yesterday 11:41 PM
by nib95 36,239 2,847,593

KILLZONE 2 - The Official Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page ) BruceLeeRoy Today 12:10 PM
by Doc Evils 629 33,583

And so begins the long road ahead. :D :lol

I think part of the problem with Killzone supporters is that normally you'd have reviews hitting and leading right into the game release. So the people that are super hardcore about the title are too busy actually enjoying it to spend time violently attacking it's detractors.

But with all the reviews of this game hitting so early and with so many people impatiently waiting to play it, they are trolling around looking for anything that might slack their lust on the topic and thus running across the normal detractors and ripping into them.

Tom Penny

Truant said:
Nope, exactly the same. The 'lag' is still there, for sure.

They should have had an option like a mouse for acceration or none if you want. It's not a biggie.I'm more dissapointed your aren't able to fully map the controller and it's not something difficult for them to implement whatsoever.

raYne

lupinko said:
KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page ) Wollan Yesterday 11:41 PM
by nib95 36,239 2,847,593

KILLZONE 2 - The Official Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page ) BruceLeeRoy Today 12:10 PM
by Doc Evils 629 33,583

And so begins the long road ahead. :D :lol
Are you seriously still doing this?

Tom Penny said:
I'm more dissapointed your aren't able to fully map the controller and it's not something difficult for them to implement whatsoever.
This I agree with. Fully custom controls should be an industry standard.

Tylahedras said:
I think part of the problem with Killzone supporters is that normally you'd have reviews hitting and leading right into the game release. So the people that are super hardcore about the title are too busy actually enjoying it to spend time violently attacking it's detractors.

But with all the reviews of this game hitting so early and with so many people impatiently waiting to play it, they are trolling around looking for anything that might slack their lust on the topic and thus running across the normal detractors and ripping into them.
Wow man not all supporters act that way.
There are fan fanatics in every game that acts that way.

Saying all of them act that way? :lol

Core407

Banned
Tylahedras said:

A lot of us have already played it though.

Ballistictiger said:
Wow man not all supporters act that way.
There are fan fanatics in every game that acts that way.

Saying all of them act that way? :lol

It's always the extreme element, which is always a subset of the total population. There are a lot of Killzone supporters, of which I'm one, so I suspect that in such a large population there are many extreme outliers.

The point being they are bored and starved for a game they won't get for more then 2 weeks.

And while some of you might have already played the game all the way through, that's hardly the norm.

raYne

lupinko said:
Oh give me a break, I was just wanted to poke fun at that. :lol

You take this too seriously as well. :lol ;D
I take it seriously? I never even mentioned it before now. It's an annoying practice and contributes nothing.

Core407

Banned
Tylahedras said:
It's always the extreme element, which is always a subset of the total population. There are a lot of Killzone supporters, of which I'm one, so I suspect that in such a large population there are many extreme outliers.

The point being they are bored and starved for a game they won't get for more then 2 weeks.

And while some of you might have already played the game all the way through, that's hardly the norm.

The beta thread had like 30k posts in it so I think a lot of people were playing it. People who were playing it, were amazed at how good it was and that is when the whole shitstorm really started up and now people are crazy for KillZone 2 now. The game is as close to a Halo or Gears of War game for the PS3 in terms of anticipation.

lupinko

raYne said:
I take it seriously? I never even mentioned it before now. It's an annoying practice and contributes nothing.

Well complaining about it also contributes nothing.

EDIT: This is the last time I'll speak on this matter. =P

Hellsing321 said:

Edit: And then there are comments like the one above that drive the point home.

This is Bullshit. It's been stated again and again that the argument with the IGN review was NOT the fucking score. It was with the 9.5 in the graphic category alone. The people in that thread argument, was that the game with the Best Graphics out side of crysis didn't get a 10 in for visuals. It was just the Usual suspects used that turned that thread into a "Hur hur Sony fanbotz are batshit crazy!" thread.

Is the Clan Option unlockable from the beginning or do you have to unlock it a la COD4?

Thanks for any replies. I didn't see it in the OP, so hopefully I wasn't too blind if it's there.

Top Bottom