• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

DoomGyver

djblackice said:
Is the Clan Option unlockable from the beginning or do you have to unlock it a la COD4?

Thanks for any replies. I didn't see it in the OP, so hopefully I wasn't too blind if it's there.
100 points are required.

BPK

Looking forward to the game, but I'm a little surprised there are only 8 multiplayer boards. Most online shooters these days often have twice that.

Yes, I know, there will be DLC, but from my personal experience with Resistance 1, very few people usually buy the new maps and then the community ends up split.

Another amazing thread!! Great job to everyone who took part in making it.

The backstory to this was an impressive read. I'm glad it was included into the official thread.

Concept17

Great thread. As fun as it was watching the numbers climb on the old thread, its nice to have a fresh platter upon which the shit has yet to land on. Looking forward to this when the game actually releases.

Cruzader

Banned
BPK said:
Looking forward to the game, but I'm a little surprised there are only 8 multiplayer boards. Most online shooters these days often have twice that.

Yes, I know, there will be DLC, but from my personal experience with Resistance 1, very few people usually buy the new maps and then the community ends up split.
MP maps are 2x bigger than your standard fps.

dralla

BPK said:

DLC implementation in R1 was shit.

andycapps

BPK said:

If the beta is anything to go by, the 8 maps will all be top quality maps. I'd rather have 8 great maps of which I don't want to vote-skip any of them, than have 10-12 maps where I only like 3-4. But we'll have to see how the rest of the maps are. I don't think anyone, including reviewers, knows how good the rest of the maps are since the servers aren't online yet.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Kittonwy said:
Pre-orders or not, I hope people go out and get this game, I'll definitely be checking my friends list that week to see who have bought it and who haven't.
Indifferent2.gif
Hey,im not in your PSN friend list... :(
Anyway i cant get the game until next month i think.
(Yay for living in South America, yay!)

Nafai1123

Banned
_leech_ said:
I asked this in the other thread but I don't think anyone replied...

Post-game extras, are there any?

I would like to know this as well. Please tell me there is a slo-mo mode like Uncharted!!1!

Loudninja said:
My GAF bothers add me to your PSN if you have no already :) my PSN is Loudninja1.

I'll add you when I get home later, you were in the beta? Your name looks familiar...I think we had a couple of double kills lol

andycapps

careksims said:
This man speaks the truth! I paid for both map packs and it rarely got into the rotation of games :( They were beautiful too!

I bought the first, then realized that I wasted my money as hardly anyone else did, then I only got the last map pack when it became free recently. Sad thing is I haven't played it at all since the last map map was made free.

Wizman23

Banned
andycapps said:
Every side gets retarded fanboys though once there is a good enough game to rally behind. KZ2 happens to be the one that looks like it fits the mold of well reviewed game, plus selling millions of copies. They're at what 2.5 million pre-orders thus far? That's insane given the installed base, and the fact that it's pre-orders.

Just like Too Human had 2 million plus pre orders? :lol Hate to say it, but no midnight launches means that they are nowhere near 2.5 million. Not even in the same ballpark, area code, etc.....

antiloop

Wizman23 said:
Just like Too Human had 2 million plus pre orders? :lol Hate to say it, but no midnight launches means that they are nowhere near 2.5 million. Not even in the same ballpark, area code, etc.....

OMG Too Human redux.

How much did it sell?

Wizman23 said:

I think the 2.5 figure floating around (for which I have no confirmation) is for NA and PAL, and GS is not the only place you can preorder games.

I hate sells age fans.
Can we talk about the game and not sells.
Now it's pre orders.

It's not like you guys are marketers or anything.

andycapps

Wizman23 said:

As said by others, 2.5 million is what they've said for worldwide. And this is more than just GS like others are saying. I'm personally getting mine from Amazon as I have a gift certificate.

Edit: The only reason I brought up pre-orders is because my point was that when a game gets as well received as KZ2 has thus far, plus it seems that it's going to be a multi-million seller, the fanboys will rally behind it. I don't care what it sells or not, it's not going to affect my enjoyment of the game other than that I hope there will be plenty of people to play against online.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ballistictiger said:
I hate sells age fans.
Now it's pre orders.

I been sayin' that for a long time... :)
They wont listen my friend...

matticus

RoboPlato said:
Awesome OP as usual. A couple questions about that theme. Are all of those images the rotating backgrounds for it? Also my flash drive never seems to be recognized, any tips on how to get the theme onto my PS3?

I think you can save it directly to your PS3 from your PS3 browser.

careksims

Fersis said:
Hey,im not in your PSN friend list... :(
Anyway i cant get the game until next month i think.
(Yay for living in South America, yay!)

Next month for you!? Hell you deserve to have the game when it launches like the rest of us! Helghan Happles for all I say.

dwin45

BPK said:

Based on how many people bought the CoD4 maps, I don't think you need to worry about there being too much of a split when they release downloadable maps. Tons of people bought the map pack on CoD4.

Ballistictiger said:
I hate sells age fans.
Now it's pre orders.

The arm-chair business executes irritate me, too. I've said it before and i'll say it again: There should really be a separate sales-only sub-forum.

Nafai1123

Banned
_leech_ said:
The arm-chair business executes irritate me, too. I've said it before and i'll say it again: There should really be a separate sales-only sub-forum.

But if we don't know how much the game sells then we can't tell how much we enjoyed it. :D

DMeisterJ

Banned
Oh, sorry if I brought sales in here. I just thought people should have known that there isn't going to be a mid-night launch for this game. I too dislike sales-age in my gaming-age, but I didn't think it was thread worthy. But I didn't really care about the sales, but the fact that the game isn't going to get a mid-night launch, which I would have loved to attend.

Again, sorry

DMeisterJ said:
Oh, sorry if I brought sales in here. I just thought people should have known that there isn't going to be a mid-night launch for this game. I too dislike sales-age in my gaming-age, but I didn't think it was thread worthy. But I didn't really care about the sales, but the fact that the game isn't going to get a mid-night launch, which I would have loved to attend.

Again, sorry

It was nothing personal against you, no worries.

Arnie

Full Recovery said:
100 points are required.
Hey, have you decided how you are going to split up the clans, as EU I think has something like 66 members which if I remember is 2 over the limit. Plus, as 16 is the max size for a clan match, how are clans going to be divided into teams?

Secondly can anyone in the Beta tell me what the starting weapons for the Assault class is?

DMeisterJ said:

Again, sorry
I don't think Mid Night launch has anything to do with sales talk.

I agree with the others.
Sales talk need a sub forum, so people can bicker about sales over there :lol

Top Bottom