• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

What do you guys think of this for DLC "Maps" for multi-player

If you are a member of a Clan and one of your Clan members purchase a new map and he/she sets up the map to play on it. For those who are in the clan and didn't purchase the map get 5 free plays as a try out before you are not allowed to play on that map again.

I think this will give some skeptics an opportunity to feel it out and take away some doubt whether good or bad and may lead to purchase.

DMeisterJ

Banned
-ARNiE- said:
Hey, have you decided how you are going to split up the clans, as EU I think has something like 66 members which if I remember is 2 over the limit. Plus, as 16 is the max size for a clan match, how are clans going to be divided into teams?

Secondly can anyone in the Beta tell me what the starting weapons for the Assault class is?

Two rocket launchers, the one from the beta, and another one, and then the grenate launcher. That's the starting weapons and the only weapons that assault can use. I was excited about that class, but lack of assault rifle made me angry.

928377_20090211_screen001.jpg

AranhaHunter said:
Where are people getting 2.5 million pre orders from?
Some scee dude said one mil point one for europe. I can't really be arsed to look for the link, it's somewhere in that other kz2 thread.
As far as i know, the extra 1.4 is speculation. In part based on kz2 charting in amazon or something.

Edited for great justice.

Rikyfree said:
I need more people on my friends list for this game! Add me! PSN- Qlaahrqueh

I don't bite!

Added you and LoudNinja1, anyone else that will be playing this game, let me know, need some good players to play with because I kinda suck lol

My screen name is ThreeLeggedFreak, just so you know.

thaOwner

Fistwell said:
Some scee dude said one mil for europe. I can't really be arsed to look for the link, it's somewhere in that other kz2 thread.
As far as i know, the extra 1.5 is speculation. In part based on kz2 charting in amazon or something.

Actually its over a million for EU alone.
Besides the EU annoucement by that SCEE person, there hasn't been any reports on other regions.

AranhaHunter said:
I hate you

Are you asking like the RE5 post game bonuses in Home or what?

No, I mean do you get/unlock anything after beating the game once? Like, unlimited rocket launcher? New gun(s)? New options? Anything?

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
BPK said:
Looking forward to the game, but I'm a little surprised there are only 8 multiplayer boards. Most online shooters these days often have twice that.

I don't know, the last couple of shooters I played online had only 6-7 maps I liked to play on, so I don't pay much attention to the number of maps they ship. If GG can deliver 8 quality maps I'll be more than pleased.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
-ARNiE- said:
Hey, have you decided how you are going to split up the clans, as EU I think has something like 66 members which if I remember is 2 over the limit. Plus, as 16 is the max size for a clan match, how are clans going to be divided into teams?

Secondly can anyone in the Beta tell me what the starting weapons for the Assault class is?
Yeah, 2 over the limit.
you can chop me off since im not a super competitive pro gamer:D
Besides KZ2 has bots! I can play alone :3

KZObsessed

Fersis said:
Yeah, 2 over the limit.
you can chop me off since im not a super competitive pro gamer:D
Besides KZ2 has bots! I can play alone :3

You have to play with people, it just isn't the same with bots. You can still play in GAF games without being in the clan.

Orlics

Man the firefights in this game are like if Soldier of Fortune 2, Black, CoD4, and Gears 2 had a massive orgy or something.

Core407

Banned
Orlics said:
Man the firefights in this game are like if Soldier of Fortune 2, Black, CoD4, and Gears 2 had a massive orgy or something.

I want to see how the enemies react on the hardest difficulty.

Yeah, I'm not a competitive person either, but I'm definitely gonna try my best to rise to the challenge with the clan stuff.

So if you happen to see a guy lying on the ground, that's just me...waiting to be revived or put out of my misery. Gooooooooo TEAM! :lol

KZObsessed

-ARNiE- said:

Well we'll see after a few weeks who sticks around, most people don't keep turning up to these things after the first or second game. And if we have a problem where too many people want to play regularly, we can split them up or form separate teams within the 1 clan.

TTP and Wollan should be officers along side myself. If we for example have 32 regulars we could form two teams. Dunpeal + 1 officer on one team + 14 others and the other two officers running a second team with the other 14. And we can set up games for each team individually.

But we'll see what happens.

WinFonda

Raist said:
The amount of backlash and overanalyzing of the rabid fan's reactions is really getting ricidulous.
I see more complaining about complaining than I see of the actual source of complaining that is supposedly so pervasive.

Did that even make sense? :lol

Guled

they are so many great games coming out so close to each other, feb/march is far better then and Q4 so far this gen

roMonster

WinFonda said:
I see more complaining about complaining than I see of the actual source of complaining that is supposedly so pervasive.

Someone should write an article about it.

:lol

There's something huge missing that's a hidden requirement for Killzone 2 threads.

Put up some gifs guys :D
It's like a Killzone tradition.

WinFonda said:

Can we all just agree to disagree with anyone who disagrees with me? (it's all about Colbert) :lol

I got ya!

WinFonda said:

I feel like complaining about the complaining about the complaining about the complaining.

make sense of that, i dare you! =)

Zen

Banned
Core407 said:
The more you play the demo, the better the core gameplay gets.

This I agree with. Every little thing about how Guerilla has made this game is so different from what you're use to on Consoles or PC, and it took me some tweaking until I'd found 'better' settings and really began to ajust to how the game is. I'm on my 10th playthrough now (last night) and I think I've jumped from 'This sucks...?!' to 'this works' to 'I really dig this'.

Sidzed2

I play this demo around 1-2 times every night when I get home from work. It just gets better and better. I have never replayed a demo like this.

It's not a game which is immediately accessible and inviting - I think most people will have to suffer through their first hour or so - but when it 'clicks' and you realise how the game is supposed to be played, it's very engaging and addicting.

Can't wait at this point.

Top Bottom