• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

JB1981

BattleMonkey said:
COD more realistic? You never have to even aim a smg in COD :lol

People constantly fire from the hip in COD games.

talk about quoting out of context. what i was getting is, real life soldiers use their iron sights all the time to aim. In KZ2 iron sights are used like. 5% of the time in order to get a kill. EVERYTHING is from the hip.

FINALLY made General tonight, woooo! :)

I don't usually use sniper rifles in first person shooters, but I have to say I fucking love the one in Killzone 2.

JB1981 said:
talk about quoting out of context. what i was getting is, real life soldiers use their iron sights all the time to aim. In KZ2 iron sights are used like. 5% of the time in order to get a kill. EVERYTHING is from the hip.

That's not true. KZ has a nice balance between both.

DigiMish

For me, I would say it's 85% hip and 15% iron sights. Just not important in this game. Many times, I just unload on someone pretty far and would still kill them... but that WAS with the ISA Rifle, which according to FFObsessed is the greatest thing since Hot Pockets.

AwRy108

Winterblink said:
FINALLY made General tonight, woooo! :)

I don't usually use sniper rifles in first person shooters, but I have to say I fucking love the one in Killzone 2.

Congrats!

A friend and I were playing for a bit tonight, and it saddens me how much the userbase has dropped off. I've really enjoyed KZ2's multiplayer, and I hope the inevitable sequel continues to build on 2's successes. Altho, PS3 be damned, it's a shame that KZ2 never got any type of party system, 'cause it sure is annoying to coordinate online games with friends.

AwRy108 said:
Congrats!

A friend and I were playing for a bit tonight, and it saddens me how much the userbase has dropped off. I've really enjoyed KZ2's multiplayer, and I hope the inevitable sequel continues to build on 2's successes. Altho, PS3 be damned, it's a shame that KZ2 never got any type of party system, 'cause it sure is annoying to coordinate online games with friends.

I agree there isn't a huge number of games (though I imagine that's because of my game search settings). I think a lot of people have switched to MW2, which I personally aren't interested in. Hopefully some come back, there's still a lot to love with kz2. Those map packs are insanely good.

JB1981 said:

Making up numbers makes it seem like facts right?

It's all based on the gun you use, range, and play style.

alterno69 said:
But aré you really suposed to be shooting from the hip in FPS when not using iron sights? I don't think so

From the hip is tossed around much for most games when even the character models are shown not actually firing from the hip like some 80's movie. The guns are up and even appear to be aimed but only are raised slightly up when using iron sights. What it's supposed to represent is hard to say, stuff like the LMG's are always shown aimed from the hip specifically for example and never actually raised and aimed. While most games aren't even representing iron sights correctly as if they had never shot a real gun before or they simply consider it a "zoom"

DigiMish

Oh man, I just had the most epic match ever. So here I am, going for my last melee kill ribbon (get 10 melee kills in a round). It's on Radec Academy, 32 players, and I'm the glorious Helghast.

The round starts - I take out my revolver, and boost to the ISA's base using the railings on the sides of the courtyard. I get to the door, and I see my target - pure ISA scum - a tactician. I pistol whip him FTW only to be cockblocked by another Haleghan shotgunner on our side. No nice words are exchanged, and I go forward into the base. I encounter someone in the little room above their base, and pistol whip him - my 1st melee kill. Luck was on my side.

By this time, I have boost ready again, so I boost once more and descend into the heart of the enemy, full of glowing blue turrets and all other things made by that ISA filth. A scout on the stairs challenges me, but BAM! Pistol whip, thanks to boost. 2 kills, so far so good.

I run into their spawn area near the tanks and the ladder leading down into the back exit. 3 ISA dudes rush me - I'm like 'fuck that's it for me', but nooo. 2 of them run by like they didn't see me. I chaotically punch the other poor dude to death, gaining me my 3rd kill and on the verge of death from the turrets, jump down into the sewers to chill out.

Halfway when my health is regenerating normally, a guy drops down. BAM! Pistol to the head, bitch! 4 kills. Oh shit, another one - a 2 man party. We have an epic melee duel that lasts like 15 seconds, and I come out victorious! BOOM SHAKA LAKA - 5 kills.

I have boost ready to go again and right when I was about to climb the ladder back up to test my luck, the same guy who I just killed jumps down for revenge! He wants some more, so KA-BLAMO WHIP! WHIP! WHACK! Dead by my hand, netting me my 6th kill.

I climb back up and oh shit, someone spawns in front of me (remember, I'm in their spawn area). So I pray, and slap him to death with my pistol, giving me 7 melee kills in like 2 minutes, and then I get torn apart by their turrets.

Only in Killzone 2
Got my melee medal BTW :D

KZObsessed

JB1981 said:

Nearly everything from short to medium range is without the sights for me. Occasionally I'll use the sights at medium range. If the guy is crouched and looking right at me, I'll go down the sights before popping out and the accuracy boost usually gives me enough advantage to win the 1v1. Usually anyway, unless he gets a "lucky" headshot :p

Long range the sights are very useful, you have such great control over the green dot and can adjust very responsively. Love getting 3-4 headshots in a row from distance with just firing a single bullet at a time. The ISA rifle is just the perfect all round weapon.

Kittonwy

Banned
You guyz forgot teh pew pew riflez.

FFO I saw u on yesterday but I couldn't get in teh game since it wuz full.

Indifferent2.gif

KZObsessed

Kittonwy said:
You guyz forgot teh pew pew riflez.

FFO I saw u on yesterday but I couldn't get in teh game since it wuz full.

Indifferent2.gif

aww, no worries my little kittonface

Played one game with JB1981 yesterday (he was wowed by my magnificence!), but every other game was just with randoms. Had a few good games tho. I'm struggling to find a decent one now tho. Either my team sucks or the other team really sucks.

I can't believe I still haven't gotten in a game with you FFO. :lol

Although it is comforting to know that KZ2 is remarkably easy to return to, so I'll keep trying to get better at MW2 for now.

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
I barely scratched the surface with KZ2 but after playing some MW2 i really want to jump back into it...
is there a list of psn ids so i can add you guys to get some good games?

Facism

FFObsessed said:
Good game, randoms.

Lunch time.

Do you have a twitter account so i can RSS it on my phone and you can send out updates on when you're actually planning to play? -_-

Maybe i just give you my mobile number and you can text me :lol

TheFatOne

I'm going to give this game one more shot. I will play later on tonight, but I am going to try and find small games with no rockets/assault.

DigiMish said:
Oh man, I just had the most epic match ever. So here I am, going for my last melee kill ribbon (get 10 melee kills in a round). It's on Radec Academy, 32 players, and I'm the glorious Helghast.

The round starts - I take out my revolver, and boost to the ISA's base using the railings on the sides of the courtyard. I get to the door, and I see my target - pure ISA scum - a tactician. I pistol whip him FTW only to be cockblocked by another Haleghan shotgunner on our side. No nice words are exchanged, and I go forward into the base. I encounter someone in the little room above their base, and pistol whip him - my 1st melee kill. Luck was on my side.

By this time, I have boost ready again, so I boost once more and descend into the heart of the enemy, full of glowing blue turrets and all other things made by that ISA filth. A scout on the stairs challenges me, but BAM! Pistol whip, thanks to boost. 2 kills, so far so good.

I run into their spawn area near the tanks and the ladder leading down into the back exit. 3 ISA dudes rush me - I'm like 'fuck that's it for me', but nooo. 2 of them run by like they didn't see me. I chaotically punch the other poor dude to death, gaining me my 3rd kill and on the verge of death from the turrets, jump down into the sewers to chill out.

Halfway when my health is regenerating normally, a guy drops down. BAM! Pistol to the head, bitch! 4 kills. Oh shit, another one - a 2 man party. We have an epic melee duel that lasts like 15 seconds, and I come out victorious! BOOM SHAKA LAKA - 5 kills.

I have boost ready to go again and right when I was about to climb the ladder back up to test my luck, the same guy who I just killed jumps down for revenge! He wants some more, so KA-BLAMO WHIP! WHIP! WHACK! Dead by my hand, netting me my 6th kill.

I climb back up and oh shit, someone spawns in front of me (remember, I'm in their spawn area). So I pray, and slap him to death with my pistol, giving me 7 melee kills in like 2 minutes, and then I get torn apart by their turrets.

Only in Killzone 2
Got my melee medal BTW :D

Typing like that makes me want to stab your eyes out with a sodering iorn.. holy shit dude... :lol

Finally caved and got the new maps.. refershing to have something new to run around in..

TheFatOne

Played a few games earlier today. They were fun. It was body count in tharsis, but only 8vs8 I think. They were a lot of fun. Although I can't aim fo shit with the shotgun.

iclash

I love the mp in this game, but I have major disconnect issues. The error code seems to be a little different every time. I don't have these issues with Warhawk, Street Fighter IV, Resistance, COD, etc...do other people have disconnect issues with Killzone?

DigiMish

iclash said:
I love the mp in this game, but I have major disconnect issues. The error code seems to be a little different every time. I don't have these issues with Warhawk, Street Fighter IV, Resistance, COD, etc...do other people have disconnect issues with Killzone?

I got an error code a few times when I was trying to join a game. Just try again, and it'll work.

borsdy

Banned
I've emailed the webmaster about this but I never got a response, I also mentioned that I am never able to stay logged in at the site for more than 10 minutes sometimes.
borsdy said:
Why can't I see my profile at kz.com? Logged in and off o_O

Clicking the mykillzone tab doesn't work, neither do these:
http://killzone.com/kz/mykillzone.psml?kz_user_id=borsdy
http://killzone.com/kz/mykillzone.psml?kz_user_id=113118

I can see my stats, thou:
http://killzone.com/kz/performance_fullwarstats.psml?kz_user_id=borsdy

Is this just on my computer/IP range or something? I haven't played in months so maybe that is it?

AwRy108

ACE 1991 said:
Still need to get myself to finish the campaign... =(

How's the MP community? Still going strong in the wake of MW2?

It's a bit weak in the US; but switch your server search to worldwide and a lot more servers pop up, so it must be popular in Europe, like the gentlemen above me stated.

Special FPS Multiplayer: past, present and future of first-person shooter

War has always been a certain charm in video games.
Although a theme written with bullets and blood, the first-person shooter and the most exploited of all. Especially for PlayStation 3 gamers this is a particular period because of irons in the fire there was and there will be in the days ahead.

Any way we speak, this special is for the multiplayer component, that modality that provides many hours of gameplay and a depth greater than the single player campaign.

Among the titles already released and will have to go out we looked at Killzone 2, back in vogue thanks to the Platinum version to 29.90 euros, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and Beta, respectively Massive Action Game (MAG) and Battlefield: Bad Company 2. All these fps we mention only the essential points that frame each game.

source N4G

Zanboo said:
I barely scratched the surface with KZ2 but after playing some MW2 i really want to jump back into it...
is there a list of psn ids so i can add you guys to get some good games?

Same.

add me - my psn is aversicles

FFobsessed, is your psn same as ur name here?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
My favorite weapons:
1) ISA M82 Rifle - For some reason this is absolutely lethal at long distances where the enemy doesn't even know who's shooting at him. Must be the auto-aim. Works best in controlled, tap-tap-tap bursts. Would've been more godly if they kept in the KZ1 secondary fire grenade launcher.
2) HGH St14 Rifle - 2 taps to kill. Even more effective if you run around as a saboteur and get the first shots in.

Shotgun is super powerful, but when the framerate is low or the pings are high, I suck at it.

Dibbz

Anyone in Europe still on? You really need to play this with people who know what they are doing. Anyone want to organize a night to get a game on?

TeTr1C said:
How many people are still playing this?

220k last week IIRC.

Tempy said:
My favorite weapons:
1) ISA M82 Rifle - For some reason this is absolutely lethal at long distances where the enemy doesn't even know who's shooting at him. Must be the auto-aim. Works best in controlled, tap-tap-tap bursts. Would've been more godly if they kept in the KZ1 secondary fire grenade launcher.
2) HGH St14 Rifle - 2 taps to kill. Even more effective if you run around as a saboteur and get the first shots in.

Shotgun is super powerful, but when the framerate is low or the pings are high, I suck at it.

Uhhh, this sounds like you are a GAF user... playing a game developed by someone...
Do you still work at GG?

ZeroRay

user friendly said:
It's showing 32614 players on the websites leaderboards for last week.

The boards reset every Sunday night. So the last week is just technically Sunday night - Tuesday morning.

Steroyd

AranhaHunter said:
Is there anyway I can buy the map pack bundle while I don't have my PS3? When does the sale end?

From November 24th to the 10th of December in the US.

From 3rd of December to the 17th of December in Europe.

I'm up for a game if anyone sets something up, not far from ranking upto General and getting the final badge.

user friendly said:
It's showing 32614 players on the websites leaderboards for last week.

32614 players or 32614 pages with 10 players each?

:lol I checked on Saturday and I probably read 2200 as 22000 and when I multiplied that with 10x... :lol

You're right, I just checked in game statistics, it says precisely what you said.

ZeroRay said:
The boards reset every Sunday night. So the last week is just technically Sunday night - Tuesday morning.

Internet Celebrity said:
Nope, that's the amount of players this week, i.e. only yesterday and today. 200k, if true, is very impressive indeed.

... or I could be right... >_>

Also, just watched the entire intro... Jesus Christ, it's mind-boggling pure awesome.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hey KZ2 vets! I've been thinking about getting back into the game. I see from the previous post that the online community still has some solid life so good deal.

I've got a question though. I played KZ2 pretty consistently from February until the first and second map packs were released. The reason I quit playing then is because I got pretty pissed off that the map packs wouldn't work with my copy of the game. I have an PAL copy and I'm playing on a NTSC ps3. After downloading the maps of the NTSC PSN I can't play them. I created a EU PSN account and figured I would just download them off the EU PSN. No dice. My credit card wasn't accepted. I thought well maybe I can go buy a PSN network card and activate that on the EU PSN. Nope couldn't do that either.

Short of buying the game again in my region is there any possible way I can purchase DLC that will work with my copy of the game?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
RbBrdMan said:
Hey KZ2 vets! I've been thinking about getting back into the game. I see from the previous post that the online community still has some solid life so good deal.

I've got a question though. I played KZ2 pretty consistently from February until the first and second map packs were released. The reason I quit playing then is because I got pretty pissed off that the map packs wouldn't work with my copy of the game. I have an PAL copy and I'm playing on a NTSC ps3. After downloading the maps of the NTSC PSN I can't play them. I created a EU PSN account and figured I would just download them off the EU PSN. No dice. My credit card wasn't accepted. I thought well maybe I can go buy a PSN network card and activate that on the EU PSN. Nope couldn't do that either.

Short of buying the game again in my region is there any possible way I can purchase DLC that will work with my copy of the game?

You could buy an EU PSN card.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Tempy said:
You could buy an EU PSN card.

Which I most certainly would. How could one go about acquiring an EU PSN card?

Amazon.co.uk ? What a hassle. It shouldn't be this hard to give Sony and GG my monies. :D

edit :

Tempy
don't ask me for codes
(Today, 01:35 PM)
Reply | Quote

Not sayin, just sayin.

Internet Celebrity said:
Nope, that's the amount of players this week, i.e. only yesterday and today. 200k, if true, is very impressive indeed.
I selected the "last week option". I think the site option for "last week" is different than the in game "week" option. Whereas the site is actually last week and the in game is the current week.

Looking back at that number, it's increased some, which means it is only for this week. Which is kind of surprising actually.

Lagspike_exe said:
32614 players or 32614 pages with 10 players each?

:lol I checked on Saturday and I probably read 2200 as 22000 and when I multiplied that with 10x... :lol

You're right, I just checked in game statistics, it says precisely what you said.

... or I could be right... >_>

I used to think it was pages too but yeah, it's actually players. You must be right since the number I posted has increased but I think the last week option can only be viewed from the in game leaderboards.

Huggers

I fucking love this game. I have had a long lay off and played my first few games back today. I was worried I would be getting destroyed but I am still holding my own. The game itself is just so gritty, visceral and violent. I love it. I got bored of MW2 in days, something about this game just clicks with me. I may have to go back through the single player. Oh and if anyone wants to add me for some games sometime then add me; Huggers

borsdy

Banned
Guys, can you please open these links and tell me if they're working properly for you?
borsdy said:
Why can't I see my profile at kz.com? Logged in and off o_O

Clicking the mykillzone tab doesn't work, neither do these:
http://killzone.com/kz/mykillzone.psml?kz_user_id=borsdy
http://killzone.com/kz/mykillzone.psml?kz_user_id=113118

I can see my stats, thou:
http://killzone.com/kz/performance_fullwarstats.psml?kz_user_id=borsdy

Is this just on my computer/IP range or something? I haven't played in months so maybe that is it?

Top Bottom