• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Boss Man

I played a few games yesterday but no one on my list (except FFObsessed) plays Killzone 2 anymore. Most of my PSN list is my clan, and they're really competitive so thtey moved to MW2 in a hurry. I'd like to have some really active KZ2 people on my list for when I feel like hopping on. I've never even used the party system, since I stopped playing it a while ago.

I have a request. Does anybody have .gifs that show off a cool sniper kill? And any .gif of a badass killing spree/series of kills in quick succession.

Lince

Banned
I played some games last weekend but that wasn't the Killzone I remembered and loved, 32 players spawn camping with some atrocious lag going on. Anyway, no other MP game tops KZ2 when playing 5v5 in small maps or 7v7 in Salmon (nom nom nom) or PR, best game ever, just not working at all with 18+ players.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
revolverjgw said:
I have a request. Does anybody have .gifs that show off a cool sniper kill? And any .gif of a badass killing spree/series of kills in quick succession.

I remember a sniper gif posted in this thread many hundreds of pages ago that showed the other guys head getting popped off by the shot. One of the thread vets could probably repost it quicker than I could track it down.

edit found it:
mbtsbd.gif

also
5n3dpu.gif

And for kills in succession:
2h4dlzq.gif

(I imagine your probably talking about MP kill gifs though sorry.)

OK I've got to go play this game again now. Fuuuu it's gonna be a bear grabbing all those updates I'm sure.

KZObsessed

revolverjgw said:

2qjac92.gif

Lince said:
I played some games last weekend but that wasn't the Killzone I remembered and loved, 32 players spawn camping with some atrocious lag going on. Anyway, no other MP game tops KZ2 when playing 5v5 in small maps or 7v7 in Salmon (nom nom nom) or PR, best game ever, just not working at all with 18+ players.

ahh the fallen one returns >_<

anonymousAversa said:
Same.

add me - my psn is aversicles

FFobsessed, is your psn same as ur name here?

Check my profile :p

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
ahh the fallen one returns >_<

of course I'm your nemesis, I'll keep coming back to hunt you down wherever your pitiful ass hides... btw do you remember when we were among the top 100-200 KZ2 players ? ah those were the times... if you're going to play more 6v6 - 8v8 I will be there so you can count with my rifle, but 32 players for me it's just madness.

TheFatOne

Man I couldn't find one good game. There were no medium sized game with good maps. Everyone wants to play radec,tharsis, or corinth. So depressing that I couldn't find one game that was good. The only game I found that had all the maps it was 1vs1. Killzone 2 is officially dead IMO.

Lince said:
of course I'm your nemesis, I'll keep coming back to hunt you down wherever your pitiful ass hides... btw do you remember when we were among the top 100-200 KZ2 players ? ah those were the times... if you're going to play more 6v6 - 8v8 I will be there so you can count with my rifle, but 32 players for me it's just madness.

The only games that you can find right now that are full are 32 player games or 20 player matches in radec or tharsis (BC only)

KZObsessed

Lince said:

Yeah I think we made it all the way upto the top 75-76. We played the game faaar too much. Sometimes we'd play all day. :lol

Yeah, I got used to playing 32 player games due to playing by myself, I'd just go for kills, set the spawns and let everyone else do the work. I'd get 4-5:1 k/d ratio most games. But yeh the big games are awful. Your team's either so bad there's nothing you can do, or the other team is so bad they get camped so there is nothing to do. If you want to play just join me and we'll find a small game... or you could just keep playing MW2 forever *glares*

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I decided that I shall be returning to KZ2 this week, maybe tonight. I can't wait. Bitches feared Snuggler and his M82.
As long as I don't get stuck in a 32 player Blood Grultch match (worst thing ever), it should be a good funs.

So... these new map packs I'm seeing, are they any good? Is it easy to find games using only new maps?

I'm thinking about going back into KZ2 multiplayer just to see how it is. New and better maps would be a good motivator.

Oh, and is Search & Destroy still broken or did they fix the spawn nades?

KZObsessed

Danne-Danger said:
So... these new map packs I'm seeing, are they any good? Is it easy to find games using only new maps?

I'm thinking about going back into KZ2 multiplayer just to see how it is. New and better maps would be a good motivator.

Oh, and is Search & Destroy still broken or did they fix the spawn nades?

They fixed the spawn grenades a while back. No more spawn invincibility bs.

The DLC maps aren't as good as the standard maps. First pack being the worst. The second two are not bad. There are also a few servers which are just the new maps. You have to buy all the maps to join tho.

FFObsessed said:
They fixed the spawn grenades a while back. No more spawn invincibility bs.

The DLC maps aren't as good as the standard maps. First pack being the worst. The second two are not bad. There are also a few servers which are just the new maps. You have to buy all the maps to join tho.
Ah, that's a shame. I guess I'll just jump back in without them then.

JB1981

if I bump the kz2 online thread or create a new one would there be any GAF interest? it would be the best way to gather PSN IDs and get some games going. What ya think?

Huggers

JB1981 said:
if I bump the kz2 online thread or create a new one would there be any GAF interest? it would be the best way to gather PSN IDs and get some games going. What ya think?

Do it, I'm in

Tempy said:
My favorite weapons:
1) ISA M82 Rifle - For some reason this is absolutely lethal at long distances where the enemy doesn't even know who's shooting at him. Must be the auto-aim. Works best in controlled, tap-tap-tap bursts. Would've been more godly if they kept in the KZ1 secondary fire grenade launcher.
2) HGH St14 Rifle - 2 taps to kill. Even more effective if you run around as a saboteur and get the first shots in.

Shotgun is super powerful, but when the framerate is low or the pings are high, I suck at it.

Best gun in the game. That thing is a beast if you know how to use it.

DigiMish

It's like KZ2 got a second life at GAF. I guess many people just bought a PS3 over Black Friday and want to see what all the fuss is about.

scoobs

DigiMish said:
It's like KZ2 got a second life at GAF. I guess many people just bought a PS3 over Black Friday and want to see what all the fuss is about.

I was about to post this lol, the game has really taken off again. I'm excited to get back into it!

scoobs

I think for KZ3, the player count should be maxed at about 18, and some maps should have player caps on them. For instance, Radec should only hold like at the most 18 people. The thing turns into a complete cluster-fuck with 32 people running around.

EDIT: not sure how i posted this in two different posts lol... sorry for double.

Boss Man

StateofMind said:
I played a few games yesterday but no one on my list (except FFObsessed) plays Killzone 2 anymore. Most of my PSN list is my clan, and they're really competitive so they moved to MW2 in a hurry. I'd like to have some really active KZ2 people on my list for when I feel like hopping on. I've never even used the party system, since I stopped playing it a while ago.
Guess it would help if I shared my PSN: Malpractice.

KZObsessed

Good game Rick, Userfriendly.
The lag the was atrocious and whoever was placing those spawns I'll claw your eyes out, kittonwy style! But we won!
Yaaaaaaay...

Facism

Dibbz said:
Can we maybe get some Euro guys together if there are any?

I'd like to, but we need to organise a time and date (weekend hopefully) to get us all on at the same time. Can't wait all night for FFO to come online and choke whilst he watches his superior play

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Well true to my word I went back and played some KZ2 just got done. I wish I would have listened to you guys and stayed away from the 32 player servers. WOW.. such insane chaos. I played Radec and Vasari and holy crap spawn die, spawn die.

I hadn't played since the patch with 'high sensitivity' tweak. What is the consensus on that? I tried it to see how it was. I've gotta say I enjoyed the old control scheme better. Maybe it just takes some getting used to though. I'll probably keep it toggled on because I imagine I'll eventually adjust to it.

I really need to find a way to get the map packs though. I want to play them soo bad. If anyone can give me some solid advice on how to get a EU PSN card or another way to get the maps off the EU PSN it would be appreciated. I have an EU copy on a NTSC console. Region locking the map packs was a pretty shitty idea. Is it that way across the board on the psn or what?

Anyhow I'm soo glad I came back to KZ2. Now to just get some skills back.

KZObsessed

Facism said:
I'd like to, but we need to organise a time and date (weekend hopefully) to get us all on at the same time. Can't wait all night for FFO to come online and choke whilst he watches his superior play

So much talk, for such a little man...

*puts on brown leather jacket*

vancleef.gif

Facism

FFObsessed said:
So much talk, for such a little man...

*puts on brown leather jacket*

vancleef.gif

Little man :lol

We should organise a 7v7.

Shame Raist apparently has no internet whilst he's here in the UK. I'll send him a text message. Want to add anything to that message, FFO? :lol

KZObsessed

Facism said:
Little man :lol

We should organise a 7v7.

Shame Raist apparently has no internet whilst he's here in the UK. I'll send him a text message. Want to add anything to that message, FFO? :lol

Tell him to buy a brown leather jacket. Then we can be jacket buddies.

AND THAT I LOVE HIM

FFObsessed said:
Good game Rick, Userfriendly.
The lag the was atrocious and whoever was placing those spawns I'll claw your eyes out, kittonwy style! But we won!
Yaaaaaaay...
Those spawns we're brutal. I tried my best to get a few good one's out but the guy kept spamming them. I just spawned on you when I could.....

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just got back in the game, I was a little rusty but I still have the eye of the tiger, + 40 kills in my first full match. I was bummed to see there was only two 9-16 games but it's good to be back. GOTY <3

trk_rkd

Banned
Snuggler said:
Just got back in the game, I was a little rusty but I still have the eye of the tiger, + 40 kills in my first full match. I was bummed to see there was only two 9-16 games but it's good to be back. GOTY <3

Yea... been coming back to this sucker after acit/mw2/uncharted 2/a bit of ac2 (which i'll probably return tomorrow, it's not really all that different from ac1)... it definitely has its flaws but what it does well it does so fucking well. despite the undeniable rough patches i'd say it was my goty too (although not really that much competiiton, this or uncharted 2... mw2 was hugely disappointing, to me at least...)

KZObsessed

We just lost a game because the host left as we were defusing the charges, and of course when that happens it wont let you actually do anything. I must have been defusing for at least 15 seconds, then we get killed. New host found. Charges blow up and lose.

Suck my dick P2P gaming.

Fuck me, the other Killzone 2 thread made me pop in the game again for the SP and damn...I mean damn. The cruiser level is probably my most favorite level in any game of this generation. It feels perfectly paced and the vista of
the HGH vs ISA naval battle
is just amazing to stand and watch.

That and the
start of the palace assault level with sound of the charging arc tower and blue flash is so fucking amazing to see.
I love this game.

Gents should add me for the Gaf clan, I iz an expert tactician with and ~80% win ratio. Love me, you will not get herpes.

Am I the only one who thinks that KZ2 MP is by far the best looking console MP ever?
Animations, Maps, players, Scale etc..

Ive just never seen or played a MP aspect of a game that was so "perfect" in its visual prowless.

Ill admit tho, I can not stand the hectic aspect of it and enjoy med/small size games on bigger maps. I also only enjoy when rockets and magnums are turned off, as well as a nerf to the shotty range would be good.
I also would give my first born if there was a hardcore mode too or ability to adjust MP Life/Gun Dmg.
I also never had an issue with the controls and never understood what people took issue with exactly.

I still play it weekly and love it, it consistently makes my jaw drop. I just wish more people shared my intrest with a smaller less hectic version of it, almsot all the maps are cluster fucks of insanity...which is good some times, but KZ2 shines for me when its smaller more tactical.

Pkm said:
Am I the only one who thinks that KZ2 MP is by far the best looking console MP ever?
Animations, Maps, players, Scale etc..

Ive just never seen or played a MP aspect of a game that was so "perfect" in its visual prowless.

i agree.

it's stunning how good it look in MP.

Last time I played (probably around a month after launch) I had just about unlocked the sniper, so I didn't really get a chance to get used to it. Man is it hard to use. I always just barely make it a few kills over the ribbon req. Can't wait to get the 5x scope...

KZObsessed

I personally think KZ2 is too laggy for proper clan play but I cannot resist it's call. I'm liking the idea of GAFe Part Deux.

Will send a couple of invites if there's space. Beamer and Dubbed. We may have enough people for some clan games.

FFO
Beamer (just realised your name is Beamber omg mind blown!)
Userfriendly
Kittonwy
Lyulf
Dubbed
Lince
aj
Live_Feed

Not a bad little team.

edit: clan invites sent.

FFObsessed said:
I personally think KZ2 is too laggy for proper clan play but I cannot resist it's call. I'm liking the idea of GAFe Part Deux.

Will send a couple of invites if there's space. Beamer and Dubbed. We may have enough people for some clan games.

Dubbed

Brother, we go to WUR for Helghan and VALA.

KZObsessed

Good game Steroyd, good game Rick... til you disappeared :p

And fun games earlier with Lyulf :lol He killed like 6 guys with a suicide grenade :lol

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:

FFO
Beamer (just realised your name is Beamber omg mind blown!)
Userfriendly
Kittonwy
Lyulf
Dubbed
Lince
aj
Live_Feed

Not a bad little team.

I'M FUCKING IN BABY !!

TheFatOne

FFObsessed said:
Good game Steroyd, good game Rick... til you disappeared :p

And fun games earlier with Lyulf :lol He killed like 6 guys with a suicide grenade :lol

Yea those were gg. I was surprised with the amount of lag in the games. There was some because it was 32 players,but it wasn't crazy.

KZObsessed

Lince said:
I'M FUCKING IN BABY !!

Then victory is guaranteed!

TheFatOne said:
Yea those were gg. I was surprised with the amount of lag in the games. There was some because it was 32 players,but it wasn't crazy.

Yeah, and it was a Japanese server. The worst lag was when I delivered the speaker on S&R, received the +5 points, then when the round finished a few seconds later it said we drew instead of won :lol

Would you be up for some clan games sometime?

Steroyd

I apologise for my uselessness, I'm trying too hard to get the turret badge, and because of that I'm stuck with the shotty, I hate the shotty.

Would have got the ribbon that game, if i didn't disconnect halfway through. :(

Top Bottom