• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

GodofWine

Tom Penny said:
So you think the MP servers will be able to hold up over the weekend?

I'm gonna say yes. They should be well prepared for a massive onslaught, and they seem to have really done there homework with all other aspects of the game...so yes, servers hold.

(feel free to quote me Fridayat 6pm EST when they go down in a ball of fire)

Joni

WinFonda said:
So how difficult is this trophy to obtain? Do you have to play non-stop for the week?
All will depend on the number of players. I was playing on fairly empty servers. But I'm betting if you play around 20 hours online in a week, you'll get it.

Arnie

FFObsessed said:
Just saw the full KZ2 ad during the Man U game!

Come on Utd!!!
Should be winning though, it will be a bad result for you if it finishes 0-0.
In other news AWESOME KILLZONE ADVERT WITH VISARI IS AWESOME.

xiked

Banned
KZ2 is amazing! The further you progress in the game the more hectic the game gets. its just pure madness in an graphical mad showcase. guerilla Games, I salute you! Tempy, tell your guys that they made an insane game and I haven't finished the game yet! Dont even dare to think how this game will end.

Hope I get addicted to the mp, need an fun Mp game on PS3. got bored of cod and gta.

The GT Character Class breakdown is making me so damn excited for the Multiplayer.
By all accounts it seems this will be the first console game that I dedicate a lot of time
into the multiplayer.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
My impressions so far. I am 2 hours in. Halfway thru level 3.

+ awesome shootouts.
+ graphic are really amazing. didn't like level 1 (demo level) that much, but from level 2 upwards wow!
+ awesome A.I.
+ rollercoaster, never a dull moment

- no story whatsoever
- totally liniar....it's killroom....corridor...killroom....corridor, etc
- no exploration
- soundtrack is meh

It's a really good game. Loving it so far.

KZObsessed

CalamityDaunt said:
I've not even played the Beta and all i can say is GIEF ME TEH SCOUT NOW!

MY SCOUT!
angry.gif

xiked

Banned
RamzaIsCool said:
My impressions so far. I am 2 hours in. Halfway thru level 3.

- totally liniar....it's killroom....corridor...killroom....corridor, etc
- no exploration

Just wait and see, Im at about chapter 7 and wow, you are in for a some nice situations and levels :p

KZObsessed

Doc Evils said:
OMG IT SHIPPED OMG IT SHIPPED OMG OMG

HERE TOMMOROW OMGZ

Surely it'll be Thursday having dispatched so late? If it's 2moro I'm skipping the rest of the week... hell, I'm gonna do that anyway. :D

Arnie

FFObsessed said:
Surely it'll be Thursday having dispatched so late? If it's 2moro I'm skipping the rest of the week... hell, I'm gonna do that anyway. :D
Yea mine dispatched late so I assume it will arrive on Thursday. However, never underestimate the Royal Mail, I could get a crazy postman who drives around high on crack sipping Red Bull. Its not very likely though.

Hope your guys' shipments take longer than you think and you get them friday!!!! sorry for venting, but im going to have to wait in the cold at midnight for my copy on thursday night dammit.

NIN90

So far:

+ great non-linear enviroments, great for flanking the enemy
+ shootouts feel satisfying
+ some great weapons (BOLTGUN!)
+ well, it looks good!
+ nice audio overall

- cover system is kinda whonky at times (won't work at all on some walls)
- boss fight against
ATAC
was retarded
- flamethrower looks fugly
- non-sniper bullets won't hit exactly where you aim on long distances when zoomed in. I know it's there for realism's sake, but I just don't like it.

TrAcEr_x90 said:
Hope your guys' shipments take longer than you think and you get them friday!!!! sorry for venting, but im going to have to wait in the cold at midnight for my copy on thursday night dammit.
; / unless i get lucky, you jokers will have this 10 hours before me. i'm going to miss midnight clan madness

BlacKMaRK

Banned
BobTheFork said:
; / unless i get lucky, you jokers will have this 10 hours before me. i'm going to miss midnight clan madness

Im not going to get this at midnight =[. I'd much rather sleep.

See you all bright and early friday morning :D

Zeliard

BruceLeeRoy said:
The GT Character Class breakdown is making me so damn excited for the Multiplayer.
By all accounts it seems this will be the first console game that I dedicate a lot of time
into the multiplayer.

That's how I feel too. I've never played online much on consoles, and even less so shooters, but Killzone 2 may be the first console multiplayer game to really hook me. I've dabbled in Gears, Halo and Resistance, but they didn't really do anything for me (particularly not Halo and Resistance).

Killzone 2's demo is the best-feeling console shooter I've ever played, and the MP class breakdown does indeed seem to give the game legs and replay value, so I have high hopes for this one.

BeeDog

Danne-Danger said:
Webhallen 4 life!
hopefully they sent it out early...

Pff, ShopTo > Webhallen, cheaper AND you get the Tin Box. :p

The above is only valid from the second my copy arrives. :p

TEH-CJ

Banned
JUST FUCKING RELEASE IT SONY!

jesus fucking christ!, the game is out!, people have been playing it for over 2 weeks now!.

Kinan

Got to Lieutenant rank in the Killzone webgame. :) Sadly 2 guys in my squad (Neogaf 5) do not play at all, and another one plays only a bit.

Cycling through flickr/youtube/threespeech/play.com killzone buy page - working nicely, thanks for hints guys. :)

WinFonda

Joni said:
All will depend on the number of players. I was playing on fairly empty servers. But I'm betting if you play around 20 hours online in a week, you'll get it.
Hmm okay. I hope it's not too hard, I like to platinum trophy the games I buy.

xiked

Banned
Rimshot said:
But it is only their online store right?
nope, in stores media markt will take 499:- and so will elgiganten. Those that have prebooked at mediamarkt got an blu-ray movie for free :)

Rimshot

xiked said:
nope, in stores media markt will take 499:- and so will elgiganten. Those that have prebooked at mediamarkt got an blu-ray movie for free :)

Oh snap, Elgiganten always have higher prices in the stores when I go there. And they never want to sell for the internet price :(

LTTP. Are the servers up yet? I am on the last boss fight of the game right now and I am ready for some multiplayer action.

It looked like some of you were talking about the MP aspects, so I hoped the servers were finally online.

xiked

Banned
Rimshot said:
Oh snap, Elgiganten always have higher prices in the stores when I go there. And they never want to sell for the internet price :(

they sent out a flyer a few days ago that it said 499:- so it must be in the store.

Arnie

BeeDog said:
Pff, ShopTo > Webhallen, cheaper AND you get the Tin Box. :p

The above is only valid from the second my copy arrives. :p
Has your copy not been dispatched yet BeeDog? If not don't fear, they could dispatch tomorow and you would still probably get it on Thursday like the rest of us.

Rimshot

xiked said:
they sent out a flyer a few days ago that it said 499:- so it must be in the store.

Hmm, what to do, walk down to Webhallen or take the tram and pick it up from Elgiganten for 100kr less? >.<

Top Bottom