• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

iceatcs

got ShopTo email, an order receipt.
fd7ecbe25c1aa7f457de065707597e16.gif

Pojo

Banned
I guess since people have the game now someone has to know this...what is required for the "weekly honor rank #3" and "4" trophies? I never understood them.

TTP said:
Why hasn't Gamespot reviewed this game already? Almost forgot about it.
They need more time online to level up and shit.

Also, those who have the game, impressions would be infinitely more appreciated than mindless attention whoring.

Pojo said:
I guess since people have the game now someone has to know this...what is required for the "weekly honor rank #3" and "4" trophies? I never understood them.

Ive asked this too, but sadly no replies, and I can not find any info online about what they are?

Ello

Got my copy today, played for about 5 hours straight before I turned it off, you just want to continue playing. :D

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
whalenapp81 said:
does anyone know if gamestop is doing a midnight launch for killzone 2?
Some are, it depends on the number of preorders the store got. Call your local store and ask.

BeeDog

Guys, when were your copies dispatched? I'm fearing my copy won't be sent today (it's pretty late), which would suck gah.

DoomGyver

supermackem said:
1080p always looks better on my tv, i get just scan at this res and 720p looks jaggie as hell.

I just got done switching from 1080p to 720p several times and I noticed that 720p has less jaggies on my set. You can really tell in the HUD display when you're playing multiplayer.

720p has less jaggies for me.

Raist

Banned
So basically I went to my closest VG store today to pre-order my copy and...

2w7g1p3.jpg

:D

And yes tha's a limited edition, and got a code for the awesome propaganda theme.

Full Recovery said:
I just got done switching from 1080p to 720p several times and I noticed that 720p has less jaggies on my set. You can really tell in the HUD display when you're playing multiplayer.

720p has less jaggies for me.
What res is your screen?

DeadCell

I checked futureshop.ca and bestbuy.ca and both show that it's currently in stock in my area. So I'm gonna pop by both places later today and test my luck. *crosses fingers*

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Can we get some (spoiler-free) impressions from what isn't in the demo? I'd like to hear what people think about it now that it's in a lot of people's hands.

imperium

Wahoo, just found out that my local Gamestop will be doing a midnight opening. I'm somewhat but pleasantly surprised that they have enough preorders to justify the early opening. Sleep deprivation here I come.

-viper-

Banned
BeeDog said:
Guys, when were your copies dispatched? I'm fearing my copy won't be sent today (it's pretty late), which would suck gah.
My copy was 'probably' dispatched in the past hour.

Only found out by logging back into my ShopTo account. Have yet to receive a confirmation email, but this has got me happy.

Considering it's sent via First Class, I hope I can receive my copy tomorrow.

Xater

RoboPlato said:
Can we get some (spoiler-free) impressions from what isn't in the demo? I'd like to hear what people think about it now that it's in a lot of people's hands.

I played through it twice already and I'm probably going back to the SP at some point again. The game is really awesome although the story is not the best (COD4 niveau imo) it has some awesome moments. These moments are most of the time when Radec shows up. It's pretty much a war story told by the little grunt. I could tell you again how beautiful the game is but I guess people know that by now. :lol

Rikyfree

Full Recovery said:
1080p native
I've also noticed that at least on my set, 1080p looks a little more blurred, dunno if thats the right term, and washed out compared to 720p. I recommend 720p for this game, myself. Of course all I have to go off of is the demo at the moment.

Arnie

BradleyUK said:
Same Here! Looks like ShopTo pulled it out the bag at the last hour!

BeeDog said:
Woo, it's been processed now, but not dispatched, ffs!
Same here, I guess it should arrive Thursday or Friday at the latest. Not to worry however, just think that silky tin will be in your mitts before or on release day which is still really good.

Rapping Granny said:
Bestbuy.ca and futureshop.ca websites shows that some stores have it in stock.

they say they have them in stock, but i dont believe they will sell you one till release date. i called and checked.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
NeoUltima said:
Will have my copy tomorrow...unfortunately I have a 6 page paper to do :(

I'll do you a big favor. Send me the game so I can play it and you can concentrate on your paper. I am such a humanitarian.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Xater said:
Rumor has it within one week.

If this is true, then it better be free DLC.

-ARNiE- said:
I would love in a perfect scenario for them to take a Battlefield approach

Whereas larger maps and vehicular combat would be interesting, the lack of communication by the majority of folks on PSN would fuck it up.

GodofWine

Dante said:
My store listed :O

How accurate is Best Buy.com?

If you click on it, it will likely say pre-order only, its 'available' just not today, I checked and mine says its available, but when adding it to the cart, it says pick up on Friday.

Arnie

industrian said:
If this is true, then it better be free DLC.

Whereas larger maps and vehicular combat would be interesting, the lack of communication by the majority of folks on PSN would fuck it up.
Much agreed, however when I used to play Battlefield 2 when it came out, I was perhaps 13 so I doubt people wanted to here my youthful voice. I could always co-ordinate a tactic from body language, for example if I saw 2 guys getting in a Humvee I could be pretty sure they knew where they were going etc. Also things like helping teammates capture strategic points was obvious after a few games, for example on mid sized Strike at Karkand you would really want to capture and hold the square in the centre of the map to try and secure a victory. I pretty much always made that my aim.

But I do see your point large spread out matches do suffer without accurate co-ordination, but I assume in serious must win games, the Gaf clan would have mics and such so I don't see it being too big of a problem.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
BradleyUK said:
http://i42.tinypic.com/30ihq48.jpg

Hey man, not sure how Royal Mail works but if that's the actual tracking number you might want to be careful, some douche on the inets could intercept your order. Hate to be a negative ass but it's happened to me before (guy stood in my yard and claimed to be me, signed with my name after seeing it on the package and walked away scot free). If that's not the tracking # then ignore my idiocy.

lupinko

Rapping Granny said:
Bestbuy.ca and futureshop.ca websites shows that some stores have it in stock.

Have em in stock but they aren't selling it until the street date.

Unless you can find a dumb rep to help you out. :lol

Pojo said:

AFAIK it's ranking in the Top 20%, Top 15%, Top 10% and Top 5% for that week. Yeah I don't like it either.

Joni

I got Weekly Honor Rank #3 and #4 by being in the top 6% players last week, so #4 is probably the best 10%. The week starts on monday, so the Trophies appear when you go online on monday.

Top Bottom