• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Facism said:
I swear if they put squad leader spawning back in i may actually buy their overpriced map packs this time, and i never pay for maps.

To be honest, I didn't really miss spawning on squad leaders in the open beta map. Teams just needed to secure the TSA when assaulting certain objectives, which is the intent, I believe. If they DO change it, I hope it's just spawning on tacticians.

Playing other maps might change my mind tho.

Facism

commish said:
To be honest, I didn't really miss spawning on squad leaders in the open beta map. Teams just needed to secure the TSA when assaulting certain objectives, which is the intent, I believe. If they DO change it, I hope it's just spawning on tacticians.

Playing other maps might change my mind tho.

Other maps will change your mind, especially Turbine.

Septimus

Holy crap. Playing the single player demo with Move + no cursor on screen is amazing. Definitely gonna play the campaign like that.

StuBurns

Banned
Hey GAF, sorry if this has been covered, I couldn't see it in the OP.

That sexy European steel box, where do I pick that up in the UK?

Irish

.la1n said:
my rating is 82 IGNS out of 42 GAFS

Your score doesn't match up to the content of your review. I'm disappointed in seeing that the game is worth only 1% of a single GAF.

StuBurns

Banned
CozMick said:
It's the only place you can get it, must be some sort of GAME exclusive.
It's a shame, I tend to use Amazon or thehut or Play etc. I've ordered it now, and it didn't even take my reward card and it's double reward points.

Cagen

Thrakier said:
Is the retro map pack and the dynamic theme buyable from the store or is it exclusive to the CE?
The map pack will be on the store, not sure if from day one or not though. The theme is supposed to be exclusive, so less likely.

i wish we had the option of at least changing the look of the Move cursor or at least make it smaller. the huge yellow target is pretty obnoxious looking.

TTP said:
Hey guys, I just got the retail code from Sony. I was looking for TURBINE CONCOURSE SE-6 in botzone but it's not in there. Is this normal? Is this map supposed to be some sort of DLC perhaps?

I am pretty certain this is an A.I. thing. A.I. seem to be incapable of using any of the map specific functions (Mortars and Exos) so I don't think they are able to use the Jet packs either. Obviously this would make it pretty boring to play the map and would give your team a huge advantage.

edit: n/m - saw your post up the page stating that bots now do use Exos. This wasn't the case in any of the Alpha games I played.

Do they use mortars now? Will they use the crusher in that other map?

Any chance you could do a waggle run through of each MP map?

CANADA, FUCK YEAH!!!

QpAeV.jpg

kCaMA.jpg

Patch sounds awesome. I'd like a bit more recoil from the sound of things (haven't played it yet) but player health is not too bad assuming you get rid of most of the autoaim. Its 2 birds with 1 stone really, reduce auto aim > harder to kill guys. I would rather reduce autoaim than just add more health to the player, it would require more skill imo and gives you a better shot at surviving and turning the tables on the enemy.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Got further into the game. Holy crap at the
Sta5X Arc Cannon. I feel bad for the higgs I'm killing with that thing. :D

the_prime_mover said:
Any chance you could do a waggle run through of each MP map?

My Move MP video is not finished yet and it's already 26 minutes long. Doubt I can squeeze map runs into it :/

TTP said:

My Move MP video is not finished yet and it's already 26 minutes long. Doubt I can squeeze map runs into it :/

Why not do a separate video of maybe a one minute snippet of each MP map against bots?

Rikyfree

TTP said:

Could you see if you can play music in the xmb while playing multiplayer, please? You would relieve a question that has been burning me up for a while now.

the_prime_mover said:
Beautiful. I thought it came out next week! Going to pick one up now if I can. Thank you.

Was able to pick one up at Bestbuy. The unit has a fair amount of heft to it and I am definitely not used to holding something like that as it made my wrist hurt. I find the reload button to be a bit cumbersome, but perhaps I will get used to it.

On the unit itself it seems to only map the triangle and square button, requiring that you use the x and o button on the navigation controller. There is a square and triangle on each side so the unit is accessible to lefties.

I found the stock a bit short for my liking, but I am 6'4" so perhaps it is a reasonable length.

Rotating the camera might be a bit awkward as you do need to turn the entire unit, but KZ3 allows for pretty tight turning so upping the sensitivity will only require a little twist of the gun. I didn't have any issues getting used to using the navigation controller in a fixed position.

I imagine that future games that implement different bounding box solutions may have issue with this attachment, but if they all take a page from KZ3 then it will be a fun little toy to own.

the_prime_mover said:
Was able to pick one up at Bestbuy. The unit has a fair amount of heft to it and I am definitely not used to holding something like that as it made my wrist hurt. I find the reload button to be a bit cumbersome, but perhaps I will get used to it.

On the unit itself it seems to only map the triangle and square button, requiring that you use the x and o button on the navigation controller. There is a square and triangle on each side so the unit is accessible to lefties.

I found the stock a bit short for my liking, but I am 6'4" so perhaps it is a reasonable length.

Rotating the camera might be a bit awkward as you do need to turn the entire unit, but KZ3 allows for pretty tight turning so upping the sensitivity will only require a little twist of the gun. I didn't have any issues getting used to using the navigation controller in a fixed position.

I imagine that future games that implement different bounding box solutions may have issue with this attachment, but if they all take a page from KZ3 then it will be a fun little toy to own.

Agree with everything you said. I thought the pump was suppose to be reload. I guess not. Going to take time getting used to the controller. Stock is indeed short and 6'4" has nothing to do with it! :p

Also, IGN's review was wrong. There is no rumble in the sharpshooter itself. The rumble you feel is Move's rumble. There is an opening under the controller to slide in the wrist-straps, though you can't wear them if you want to reload since your hand won't reach it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Question, is there a way to disable sixaxis parts? The controller I use is a PS3 controller with the joysticks like a 360 controller, but it doesn't have sixaxis. Needless to say, in the demo I could not plant explosives, anyone know if this is something that can be changed?

Rikyfree

Deadly Cyclone said:
Question, is there a way to disable sixaxis parts? The controller I use is a PS3 controller with the joysticks like a 360 controller, but it doesn't have sixaxis. Needless to say, in the demo I could not plant explosives, anyone know if this is something that can be changed?
Just connect a dualshock.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Not that I know of. That's shitty.

Thrakier

Septimus said:
Holy crap. Playing the single player demo with Move + no cursor on screen is amazing. Definitely gonna play the campaign like that.

Yes! It's ten times better without cursor and it works almost the same. Awesome experience!!!

Rikyfree

Welp, my question got answered by someone who got a retail copy early- NO CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS. WTF Seb Downie. You said you had them. Kinda don't like being lied to.

jett

D-Member
lolz if you slide a certain way you can see a pair of disembodied legs on your screen.

fix this shit guerrilla.

KingDizzi

Banned
-viper- said:
I saw an AWESOME Killzone 3 advert when watching Arsenal beat Barcelona today.

It was great!

Oh FFS viper ffs......for fuck sake -_-

*deletes match off sky+*

Saw the advert during the Tottenham game though, Sony making sure it's known the game will have move support.

nib95

Banned
Just played a few hours of split screen co-op with a mate. Impressed. Minimal slow down, detail and visuals hold up very well. And they have done it with a cool system where one player uses Sev and the other player uses Natko and not Rico. Rico just comes along as a third player and all story elements involving him occur as per normal. It works really well because in single player there's a lot of moments where Rico guides you, so the way they've done it he can still do those things even in co-op.

It's hilarious seeing three tanks or three mech's on the same battlefield though. Complete and utter carnage, and somehow the frame rate holds up really well. Odd drops here and there but overall you you barely notice.

//B1G

Banned
I hope this game will draw some of the hyper-competitive players and that some kind of set of modified rules ala MLG with Halo 2 can be put in place and a lot of people play. I think with a few alterations in the settings could/will provide a kind of similar scenario to H2's awesome games.

What I'd like to do is set up a forum or site or something to sort of get the ball rolling, but I'm not sure if it'd catch on or not, and I don't want to waste my time.

nib95 said:
Just played a few hours of split screen co-op with a mate. Impressed. Minimal slow down, detail and visuals hold up very well. And they have done it with a cool system where one player uses Sev and the other player uses Natko and not Rico. Rico just comes along as a third player and all story elements involving him occur as per normal. It works really well because in single player there's a lot of moments where Rico guides you, so the way they've done it he can still do those things even in co-op.

It's hilarious seeing three tanks or three mech's on the same battlefield though. Complete and utter carnage, and somehow the frame rate holds up really well. Odd drops here and there but overall you you barely notice.
Awesome, thanks for the constant info. A question: is Natko's presence acknowledged during gameplay and cutscenes, or is he silent (during gameplay) and absent (during cutscenes)? I didn't see him during the demo so that's why I'm asking. :)

Thanks again!

Top Bottom