• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

M.W.

fuzzyreactor said:
game is a clusterfuck online.

not enjoying these matches and maps. health is unchanged too

Why are most people reporting that it has in fact, changed? Can someone please advise us...please.

GreatSage

Banned
weekend_warrior said:
From my own experience using gun peripherals (seen here) I found it made things a bit more difficult do to the nature of swinging a gun back and forth to turn as opposed to just the small Move controller.

The rather long stock on the sharp shooter definitely helps with this, because it lets you pivot on your shoulder. It's actually a remarkably well-designed peripheral. <SHOCK>

I'm more interested to see if gives an advantage in MP.

Synless

This game is unreal looking. Everyone fussing about the graphics need a reality check if they think KZ2 still looks better. The jungle area in this game in particular is incredible with all the color and overall look. GG took their throne back in the graphics department.

G_Berry

Banned
BrLvgThrChmstry said:
So... dying after a single 2-3 fire burst is even better?

The one thing I liked about the beta was that people didn't take a whole fucking clip to die!

Online console games are already laggy enough as it is without UPPING the health of the laggers.

Urg, I might hold off on buying this.

G_Berry said:
The one thing I liked about the beta was that people didn't take a whole fucking clip to die!

Online console games are already laggy enough as it is without UPPING the health of the laggers.

dont worry, its basically a call of duty twitchfest. dies in 2-3 shots

G_Berry said:

... But the health (and stamina) has gone unchanged. Everyone dies relatively quick, just like in the beta -_-

G_Berry

Banned
fuzzyreactor said:
better than the alternative

Which is?

Are people actually saying that they like having to unload a million rounds into someone to get a kill?

Hey look the it's the enemy, fuck yeah he hasn't seen me (fires weapon) x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x reload x x x x x x (oh noes, he saw me!) (insert retarded fucking laggy circle strafing) x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x reload "chirp" (wow I died! I FUCKING DIED???????)

G_Berry said:
Which is?

Are people actually saying that they like having to unload a million rounds into someone to get a kill?

Hey look the it's the enemy, fuck yeah he hasn't seen me (fires weapon) x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x reload x x x x x x (oh noes, he saw me!) (insert retarded fucking laggy circle strafing) x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x reload "chirp" (wow I died! I FUCKING DIED???????)

exaggeration is not helping your argument. Some people prefer a little more dynamic gun battles than who ever sees who first wins. yes, I like be able to get shot and turn around and still put up a fight. or to be able to hide behind cover while still getting hit by 1 or 2 bullets and shoot back. i like gun fights, not tag

thuway

G_Berry said:
Which is?

This game is NOT for you. Just drop it, trade it in, ignore what is the greatest FPS IMO this gen. Nothing will change. I hope GG doesn't listen to people like you. The game has finally released and hopefully it stays the way it is.

Always-honest said:
what makes them so bad? Aren't most maps just a matter getting to know them and then using them to your advantage?
play the green map, idk what its called but its very green and prob the worst map in history

and the snow map. wtf is going on, cant see shit

evolution

fuzzyreactor said:
play the green map, idk what its called but its very green and prob the worst map in history
Jeez, you been complaining about this game for months, yet you still bought it? Do you like being bent over? You must love the pain

Soma

I dunno if I've missed it or if anyone has even gotten a chance to check, but how are the new Salamun Market and Blood Gracht maps holding up against the old versions?

I really hope the exos haven't ruined Salamun.

amar212

GreatSageEqualofHeaven said:
Well, you can't shoot anybody in a "blizzard".

And they can't shoot you too.

It's called "Limited Visibility Warfare".

Tactically oriented team should deploy tactics of probable line of deployment (PLD) - a line selected on the ground, usually the last covered and concealed position prior to the objective and forward of the line of departure, where attacking units deploy prior to beginning an assault.

It is generally used under conditions of limited visibility.

Introducing real-world warfare problems into virtual world. I thought it should be praised, not bashed.

Silly me.

amar212 said:
And they can't shoot you too.

It's called "Limited Visibility Warfare".

Tactically oriented team should deploy tactics of probable line of deployment (PLD) - a line selected on the ground, usually the last covered and concealed position prior to the objective and forward of the line of departure, where attacking units deploy prior to beginning an assault.

It is generally used under conditions of limited visibility.

Introducing real-world warfare problems into virtual world. I thought it should be praised, not bashed.

Silly me.
just because its realistic, doesn't mean it's fun.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
moonspeak said:
I dunno if I've missed it or if anyone has even gotten a chance to check, but how are the new Salamun Market and Blood Gracht maps holding up against the old versions?

I really hope the exos haven't ruined Salamun.

What I wonder if how to get them besides the BestBuy thing.

GreatSage

Banned
amar212 said:
Introducing real-world warfare problems into virtual world. I thought it should be praised, not bashed..

Oooooo, now that's a dangerous path you're embarking on......

(....but your sarcast-o-meter may be broken).

IDK what the map is called but it's the 1 featured in the Killstreak Trailer. It's prob the best map in the game...it's so awesome. Love the film grain on it too!

GreatSage

Banned
tiddles said:
good to see you've really given the levels a thorough playtest before committing your considered thoughts to the internet :)

Duly filed under the "it's shit cos it's different" class of complaints.

thuway

Mods need to step in before this gets into a shit storm of people complaining its not COD versus people complaining it is COD. Just enjoy it for what it is, and if you don't like it, return it. As far as I'm concerned:

- I love the improvements over Killzone 2. The game is the perfect balance between a game like COD and Rainbow Six.

- The graphics are to die for.

-This is the most feature rich game on the planet. This is the first HD FPS title to incporate a revolutionary motion control interface that one can actually use as a viable alternative.

-Despite not owning a tv, but witnessing it, 3D is stunning.

So people you can keep bitching about whatever you want, but the fact is this- Killzone 3 is a milestone.

Amazon sent me my codes. It included an extra one I didn't know about. So who wants my Helghast Jetpack PlayStation Network Avatar code? It says it is for a female avatar, and I've never used Home anyway.

It's gone.

Dropping my deadzones, tightening my movement... I am becoming one with the waggle and loving it.

Just a couple of queries: I presume that the double XP is 24 hours real-time and activated upon the entering of a code. Correct?

Conversely, I presume that access to all weapons/equipment for the first 24 hours is triggered automatically somehow, rather than at the whim of the player. Also correct?

Much thanks for any clarification.

spats

thuway said:
-This is the most feature rich game on the planet. This is the first HD FPS title to incporate a revolutionary motion control interface that one can actually use as a viable alternative.

I'm dying to pick this up the CE tomorrow but I think that statement is really pushing it, unless of course you were being sarcastic. It lacks a lot of bells and whistles the COD and Halo games have been trying to standardize like Horde mode/zombies/split screen online/online co-op. It's not going to lessen my enjoyment of it but it definitely shows GG decided to distribute their resources differently and focus more on certain things even though it meant not having de facto FPS bullet point features.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I've played all the maps and not a single one holds the frame rate. I'm almost constantly playing at about 25/20fps. Goddamit.

spats said:
I'm dying to pick this up the CE tomorrow but I think that statement is really pushing it, unless of course you were being sarcastic. It lacks a lot of bells and whistles the COD and Halo games have been trying to standardize like Horde mode/zombies/split screen online/online co-op. It's not going to lessen my enjoyment of it but it definitely shows GG decided to distribute their resources differently and focus more on certain things even though it meant not having de facto FPS bullet point features.

Standardizing Horde mode and Zombie mode a good thing? Fuck Hordes and Fuck Zombies! Split-screen online and online co-op, I can agree with. COD ain't got shit on Halo, by the way.

spats said:
he's talking about the move controls being a great alternative to the sixaxis.

Grazie. I gathered as much, but I'm guessing I can't progress however far in MP and THEN decide to activate my all-access privilege? So, some sort of automatic trigger? The other code, however, I'm guessing that I'm able decide when to begin the 24 hour countdown for double xp, or is that not right?

TANX!

TTP said:
I've played all the maps and not a single one holds the frame rate. I'm almost constantly playing at about 25/20fps. Goddamit.

Thats what worried me, is it to the levels of kz2 as that harmed gameplay sometimes.

Chuckie

Always-honest said:
i will when i finally get the game. Why the fuck isn't the release worldwide?

This.

And why do us Dutchies have to wait so fucking long? Guerilla is betraying its roots. Arrogant Amsterdam fuckers :p

mr_nothin

Banned
TTP said:
Which is weird when playing on Salamun Market because it looks worse than it's KZ2 counterpart. It looks worse and the framerates doesnt hold as well with "just" 24 players in KZ3 vs 32 in KZ2.

Top Bottom