• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

This is my first time using Amazon's release date delivery thing. My total was $58.98 plus the $20 credit, and it looks like my copy has shipped! I Think I might start doing this for all my pre-orders. Nothing beats having KZ3 delivered to your door when there is a snowstorm outside.

cnizzle06

Banned
PaddyOCanager said:
This is my first time using Amazon's release date delivery thing. My total was $58.98 plus the $20 credit, and it looks like my copy has shipped! I Think I might start doing this for all my pre-orders. Nothing beats having KZ3 delivered to your door when there is a snowstorm outside.
Did you do normal delivery?

No there was a specific release-date delivery option, below the 1-day and normal delivery options if I recall. It's the first time I've tried it, and it didn't cost any extra.

I've had good experiences with release-day shipping…love it when they offer it for 99 cents. Even if they didn't offer it I'd just go with standard free shipping if you can wait a few days. I did that with BFBC2 and ended up getting it way faster than they expected me to receive it…think it was only a day or two after release.

X-Frame

WOW, the Killzone Home game was the worst 2 hours spent that I could possibly think of.

While the actual shooting part of the challenges were decent for a Home game, the Assist non-sense was just ridiculous. I spent an hour running back and forth giving some nubs my supplies but nobody could beat the 3rd wave.

Full Recovery said:
It's freaking hard to go back to the DS3 after getting used to the move. Never thought I'd say that.

*deletes SP demo*

So is there any news on an NA KZ3 Move Bundle?!

I was hoping to get one of those, but since I havent seen it I just got the game by itself.

DoomGyver

gamerecks said:
Has anyone got the $20 preorder bonus on the collectors edition from Amazon? The regular edition shows on the website but not the collectors edition. damn.
I don't believe the CE was ever a part of the $20 deal.
FantasticMrFoxdie said:
So is there any news on an NA KZ3 Move Bundle?!

I was hoping to get one of those, but since I havent seen it I just got the game by itself.
I haven't seen a KZ3/Move bundle yet, just the Slim bundle.

Shurs said:
Health has definitely been increased.
That big of a difference?

When I was in the beta last year and I was really skeptical, but the changes they are supposedly making in the patches has regained my faith in GG.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Sad to hear health was increased. Didn't see the need. Oh well.

At gamestop midnight launch... Only one here for kz3. :/

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Shurs said:
Are you sure that isn't just a placebo effect? I didn't see any mention of player health in the list of upcoming patch notes, just stamina which is sprint distance.

TheExecutive said:
Still waiting for an analysis of it from TTP. Gaming websites are for the most part absolutely useless, especially when it comes motion controls.

Yeah I'm waiting for TTPs' analysis too. From my own experience using gun peripherals (seen here) I found it made things a bit more difficult do to the nature of swinging a gun back and forth to turn as opposed to just the small Move controller. But, the experience while using it is far superior compared to simply using the Move as more of a pointer.

kevm3

commish said:
Sad to hear health was increased. Didn't see the need. Oh well.

At gamestop midnight launch... Only one here for kz3. :/

Yeah I agree. Hopefully this isn't the case. This would ruin the balance even further, making melee even more powerful than it is if it is still one hit kill and the same with shotguns if they are still one shot kill due to all the other guns taking more shots to take down an enemy.

Smokey

Amazon release day shipping has never let me down.

Got KZ3 for $31 thanks to some Amex pts and a previous $10 credit from another game. Get another $20 credit for KZ3 and it will be waiting in the mail when I get home from work?

feelsgoodman

Shurs

RoboPlato said:
Are you sure that isn't just a placebo effect? I didn't see any mention of player health in the list of upcoming patch notes, just stamina which is sprint distance.

It could be.

I'd been playing a lot of Botzone, as the multiplayer servers weren't up until tonight. Now, I guess it could be that because I'm so low level it's taking a little bit longer to kill dudes, or maybe they have perks that give them more armor.

I dunno, it feels like there is more health than in Botzone or in the early beta I was in.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
PaddyOCanager said:

I used release day delivery too and it just shipped 30 minutes ago. They better be loading that on a plane now to get to me by tomorrow.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I have a feeling this is gonna be a good to great launch in terms of sales. I only seen this kind of gathering for a PS3 exclusive when God of War 3 came out. And I was very suprised how many people were buying the Helghan Edtiion. And some were buying Move starter packs with the gun controller. Should do pretty good considering it's launching late Feb. Can't wait to see NPD numbers. Maybe 500k isn't too much of a stretch but it's possible.

And playing the first part of the game, the first thing that popped into my head are the graphics. I tought it looked like a higher end PC game. It already looks amazing. I can't wait to go and see what the game has to offer.

nib95

Banned
Ok, so I finally beat the game on Elite. Funnily enough, it was actually quite easy. Took time to adjust to begin with, but by the end once I got with the flow of things, it was actually...well...easy lol.

As long as you play patient, tactical and precise, it's not too challenging. You basically end up hanging back picking off enemies one after the other slowly but surely. If you see anyone about to lob a nade (to try and force you out of cover) just aim at him lightning quick and get off any shot just to throw his aim off. But for kills, head shot burst fire is key. I was killing near enough all my enemies via headshot by the end. Which was awesome, but also funny as I kept hearing compliments from Narville or Rico every time.

Even the very end segment which I found random, overly confusing and difficult the first time was a walk in the park.
Once you finally get to grips with the lock on system (lock on, follow target without losing lock and spam missile as fast as you humanly can, but whilst doing so sometimes rest the machine gun to save for something else that might be around the corner). Also found that once you see the rush of a round of rockets fly towards the enemy ship, just lock on to something else and do it again, you don't necessarily have to wait to see if your missiles hit the target. Just have faith they will if you locked on well enough.

Anyway, simply love the campaign. On re-play, it can get a bit too meaty in the middle section, but it paces and mellows out by the end again, offering the calm before the storm style finale. Elite is definitely the way to play it. Closest thing to real you're going to get in a video game fps for the time being tbh. Took me around 10 hours on elite, I guess because I was playing very safe, taking my time with everything.

Now on to the multiplayer. But honestly, the wait for KZ4 is going to be HARD. I just get the feeling the 4th one is going to completely nail it. KZ3's campaign is better in almost every regard, and overall a better game, in-fact, it's one of the best fps's I've played in terms of overall gunplay, immensity and awe factor. It just lacks a tiny bit of the final polish (especially going from gameplay to cut-scenes where often it's not a smooth transition, but instead an often sudden jolt to a new scene or segment, that you weren't quite prepared for), which I'd imagine was down to time constraints. Anyway, grats GG on another epic title. I will be playing through it again in future!

M.W.

I had a few trade ins, so I unfortunately went to GS the other day. I can't wait to jump into the game tomorrow.

Project Leet has a great MP stream going on right now on JTV. Maps look crazy.

nib95 said:
Ok, so I finally beat the game on Elite. Funnily enough, it was actually quite easy. Took time to adjust to begin with, but by the end once I got with the flow of things, it was actually...well...easy lol.

As long as you play patient, tactical and precise, it's not too challenging. You basically end up hanging back picking off enemies one after the other slowly but surely. If you see anyone about to lob a nade (to try and force you out of cover) just aim at him lightning quick and get off any shot just to throw his aim off. But for kills, head shot burst fire is key. I was killing near enough all my enemies via headshot by the end. Which was awesome, but also funny as I kept hearing compliments from Narville or Rico every time.

Even the very end segment which I found random, overly confusing and difficult the first time was a walk in the park.
Once you finally get to grips with the lock on system (lock on, follow target without losing lock and spam missile as fast as you humanly can, but whilst doing so sometimes rest the machine gun to save for something else that might be around the corner). Also found that once you see the rush of a round of rockets fly towards the enemy ship, just lock on to something else and do it again, you don't necessarily have to wait to see if your missiles hit the target. Just have faith they will if you locked on well enough.

Anyway, simply love the campaign. On re-play, it can get a bit too meaty in the middle section, but it paces and mellows out by the end again, offering the calm before the storm style finale. Elite is definitely the way to play it. Closest thing to real you're going to get in a video game fps for the time being tbh. Took me around 10 hours on elite, I guess because I was playing very safe, taking my time with everything.

Now on to the multiplayer. But honestly, the wait for KZ4 is going to be HARD. I just get the feeling the 4th one is going to completely nail it. KZ3's campaign is better in almost every regard, and overall a better game, in-fact, it's one of the best fps's I've played in terms of overall gunplay, immensity and awe factor. It just lacks a tiny bit of the final polish (especially going from gameplay to cut-scenes where often it's not a smooth transition, but instead an often sudden jolt to a new scene or segment, that you weren't quite prepared for), which I'd imagine was down to time constraints. Anyway, grats GG on another epic title. I will be playing through it again in future!

Thanks for the input! Just want I wanted to hear.

mr_nothin

Banned
Shurs said:
I feel no difference in health. If anything it's just a little bit less lag. The animations are still janky as all hell.

The "savior patch" isn't even out yet so expect to still get stuck on mortally wounded bodies and have the flickering scoreboard at the end of the round. The auto balancing isnt implemented yet either. And sadly, the seperate hipfire/ads sensitivity settings arent in yet :( I've already started experiencing some disconnects already. Cant even get into MP at all right now. Getting Error Code -946.

I hope they hurry up with this patch!

Now I want a Killzone 1 HD release. Not necessarily with the engine (Since that'd be a waste of time) but an updated 1080p resolution, AA, fixing awkward hit detection, and animation glitches, and maybe some improved voice overs and sound effects.

Shurs

mr_nothin said:
I feel no difference in health. If anything it's just a little bit less lag. The animations are still janky as all hell.

The "savior patch" isn't even out yet so expect to still get stuck on mortally wounded bodies and have the flickering scoreboard at the end of the round. The auto balancing isnt implemented yet either.

I hope they hurry up with this patch!

As I said, I could be wrong, as I've been playing Botzone for the last month and wasn't in the latest beta.

I guess I felt that way because I was having some back and forth gun fights with dudes where we were both taking bullets. Everyone was saying that in the latest beta it was basically like 2 hits and you were done.

I'm also getting a lot more assists than I was before, which made it feel like I wasn't getting the quick kills I was before.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Played a few matches, health seems the same. Tacticians easily the most important class. Guess how many my random pubs teams had besides myself? :(

mr_nothin

Banned
Bumblebeetuna said:
I get an error any time I try to play MP. Any trick to fixing this?
I think most people that were online just got kicked out. I think it's the servers and hopefully it's preparation for the "savior patch"
Also, no Blood Gracht in Warzone....only Guerilla Warfare :(

EDIT:
Actually just connected to the servers as I finished typing this. Tons of Salamun Market play so far!

KingDizzi

Banned
Are there quite a few people playing already? I'll be part of the second wave on Friday when Killzone 3 releases in EU, three days could give NA peeps quite the advantage. :p That said servers are region specific I think in which case it won't make any difference.

mr_nothin said:
I think most people that were online just got kicked out. I think it's the servers and hopefully it's preparation for the "savior patch"
Also, no Blood Gracht in Warzone....only Guerilla Warfare :(

EDIT:
Actually just connected to the servers as I finished typing this. Tons of Salamun Market play so far!

Still can't connect. Really glad I stayed up to go get this at midnight :\

chris121580

Game is absolutely incredible. Any of you that are on the fence about the sharpshooter should definitely pick it up. It's fucking awesome and makes the game so much better.

kevm3

I wonder if they will significantly increase the accuracy of a sighted shot or reduce accuracy of hipfire if they are making aiming down the sights slower. Otherwise, they are at the risk of making the game a hipfire fest since you will be punished more due to the slower ADS movement and since hipfire can be very accurate at close to mid range.

Jtrizzy

Great is game so far. 3d and sharpshooter is really cool. Honestly, I wish I'd practiced more with the move in the beta/demo, because I still haven't wrapped my head around movement or found the settings that suit me best. I have moments where I do well and can tell it will be fun once I get the hang of it.

I had an idea though. I think mounting the sharpshooter on a swivel microphone stand or something similar would be the ideal way to play it...you would take the nav controller out. Right now I just am not moving through the game like an elite soldier, more like a clumsy drunk guy with a gun.

Does KZ have a ranking or matchmaking system in place?

The reason I ask is cause I wanted to finish KZ2 and KZ3 single-player before hopping into KZ3 multiplayer, but if I'm just going to get matched up against Godlike players from the get go, then I may as well try and get to grips with the multiplayer as soon as possible, while everybody is learning the nuances of the maps and classes.

Net_Wrecker said:
Anybody going through in co-op? What's the word on performance while in splitscreen?

According to Digital Foundry, the framerate is mostly rock-solid with occasional geometry/effects pop-in or "morphing". It's said to be really minor though.

mr_nothin

Banned
The Antitype said:
Does KZ have a ranking or matchmaking system in place?

The reason I ask is cause I wanted to finish KZ2 and KZ3 single-player before hopping into KZ3 multiplayer, but if I'm just going to get matched up against Godlike players from the get go, then I may as well try and get to grips with the multiplayer as soon as possible, while everybody is learning the nuances of the maps and classes.
Well the pre-order elites have EVERYTHING unlocked the 1st day and they get double(?) XP the 1st day also soooooo....you might as well not play the 1st 24 hours if you dont want to experience that.

jorma

is now taking requests
Hmm, the 24 hours you get to play with everything unlocked, are they effective playtime hours or is it just the first 24 hours from when you start playing?

Top Bottom