• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

fernoca

The Xtortionist said:
So I'm a total Amazon noob. Will the three unlock points and KZ2 map pack be included in the package, or is it emailed to me? Game looks amazing btw.

Thanks
did i just waste my first post
:O!!! First post?!! Welcome... :p

Amazon usually emails the codes after shipping, So any moment from now up to 48 hours after. Some cases might take up to 4 days.

Anyway, my still favorite pic from the game. Then again I haven't seen that many pictures of the game or even read about it outside this thread and the Digital Foundry article which were I found this pic (which looks more like artwork):

efrr5.jpg

Skyebaron

Banned
Alongside Marvel vs Capcom 3, Killzone 3 will steal me from PC gaming for a while. I loved the multiplayer beta/demo. I wonder if the engineer's turrets will receive a damage boost. It maybe just me but I found them a tad underwhelming.

X-Frame

nib95 said:
Huh, just logged online and my stats are the same as in the Open BETA? They not re-setting the servers then?

Maybe (hopefully) at midnight?

Wait, that doesn't make sense since it's the 22nd on the eastern hemisphere ..

nib95

Banned
X-Frame said:
Maybe (hopefully) at midnight?

Wait, that doesn't make sense since it's the 22nd on the eastern hemisphere ..

Maybe someone else can confirm? Might be because mine is a UK copy and the EU servers are getting reset later?

I cannot wait to pick this up at midnight :)

Sadly, my uncle is borrowing my move controller, but when I used it in that open beta, I was such a beast with it.

First post toooo!

X-Frame

So is everyone else going to wait until the weekend before they use their 24 hour Double XP code?

And what about the unlock points -- isn't it better to use them towards the middle-to-end of the level up process as opposed to the beginning?

I heard the Tactician is great for leveling up quick early on. Any suggestions for an unlock path? The M82 seems pretty ridiculous and worth going after first, but Spot n' Mark is essential.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
fernoca said:
:O!!! First post?!! Welcome... :p

Amazon usually emails the codes after shipping, So any moment from now up to 48 hours after. Some cases might take up to 4 days.

Anyway, my still favorite pic from the game. Then again I haven't seen that many pictures of the game or even read about it outside this thread and the Digital Foundry article which were I found this pic (which looks more like artwork):

efrr5.jpg

That level is pretty sweet (and incredibly gorgeous). The move support is actually pretty fun. I am headshottin' fools

fernoca

jstevenson said:
That level is pretty sweet (and incredibly gorgeous). The move support is actually pretty fun. I am headshottin' fools
Darn, so nice and good to know. Exactly 12 more hours to go in my case to get the game and play it, see it on my TV for the first time. No demo, no beta. :p

McLovin

Don't know if its been mentioned but if you get it through Home, you get the jet pack the bonus points, and a $20 credit(since it goes through amazon). If you play the game you also get an isa uniform and some other goodies.

//B1G

Banned
If i do this amazon stuff how do i get the code?
And what's the business about 48 hours double XP or whatever? Where do I get that from?

Dug

Banned
nib95 said:
MAJOR Spoilers in links!!! I gotta say, this bit was absolutely solid in Elite. Took me a few tries just to figure out which to shoot when! Only in the latter segment of it mind. Just wish the level was longer!
Most control you're given in an on-rails section besides in the Mech's!

http://www.gamesaktuell.de/screenshots/original/2011/02/Killzone_3_Test_PS3_46.jpg

http://www.gamesaktuell.de/screenshots/original/2011/02/Killzone_3_Test_PS3_45.jpg
I get lead to a image that says no deeplinking...

Hey, mangs. I'm popping my post cherry after lurking for quite some time. Much thanks for the great info./impressions/etc, especially to TTP for his very helpful Move video!

After just getting my hands on Move and sinking some solid hours into the SP demo, it's really coming into its own and feels great. Slowly, but surely, I'm tightening my movements and reducing the deadzones to ultimately facilitate UBER MOBILITY! If there's one word that sums up the initial stages of Move, it's "PERSEVERANCE", so keep at it.

I've gradually tightened my settings to:

DZ W - 50%
DZ H - 50%
CH Sens. - 30%
Turn Speed - 60%

Very fun game, by the way. I adored KZ2 and sure, there are some things that will be missed in this iteration, but it will still be a blast. And the soundtrack is indescribably beautiful.

Laughlin

So this game looks awesome, but the only Killzone I've played is the first level in 2. Should I go back and finish 2 before I try this out?

daffy

Banned
Gonna buy this in the summer with Infamous 2 probably. Can't wait to hear some impressions, Killzone 2 campaign was great, multiplayer was fun but lost its luster after awhile for me.

Jtrizzy

As I sit here waiting to pick this up in two hours, I keep going back and forth whether to play in 3d and use the Move. I'll probably do a 3d/move run, then do a 2d/ds3 run.

newjeruse

Hype is +10 right now, but I'm trying to contain myself to stave off disappointment. Should have the Helghast Edition by noon tomorrow.

tenz0r

Anyone else going to pick up the PS3 Sharp Shooter? If anyone got the Sharp Shooter & Killzone 3 early, can you give some impressions? I am debating if I should pick this up with Killzone 3 tomorrow.

Rikyfree

Cruzader said:
add me on their Fl. When I get home tomorrow, in gonna jump online asap.

SP can wait. :D
I'll add ya, buddy.

You ISA scum
Nevermind, jerk. You missed out on a wonderful friendship. I could've introduced you to the love of your life. Fuck off.
lol jk

Jtrizzy

Has anyone tried the sharpshooter yet? I'd like to hear some feedback before I add any more cheesy plastic gaming peripherals to my collection.

reKon

Banned
cnizzle06 said:
Wait, so what're my options? Should I quickly preorder from amazon? What are the incentives?

It's right on the amazon page:

"Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive $20 in promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads) as well as an Amazon-exclusive code to get instant access to 3 Unlock Points to use on the weapon or ability of your choice to get the early edge in Killzone 3 Multiplayer. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2. A code to access the bonus content will be e-mailed to you within 2 business days after the product ships. The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. While supplies last, and limited to one purchase per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time."

Synless

LiquidMetal14 said:
I've been messing with my PC for a week but I will get my copy tonight as well and be on.
Add me on Steam, Synless. What kind of pc did you get? I'm waiting on those sandy bridge fixes and getting a gaming laptop soon.

cnizzle06

Banned
reKon said:
It's right on the amazon page:

"Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive $20 in promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads) as well as an Amazon-exclusive code to get instant access to 3 Unlock Points to use on the weapon or ability of your choice to get the early edge in Killzone 3 Multiplayer. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2. A code to access the bonus content will be e-mailed to you within 2 business days after the product ships. The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. While supplies last, and limited to one purchase per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time."

Thanks and sold.

Cruzader

Banned
Rikyfree said:
I'll add ya, buddy.

Nevermind, jerk. You missed out on a wonderful friendship. I could've introduced you to the love of your life. Fuck off.
lol jk
Lol Thanx.

I promise I'll play more this time. I remember playing with aj2good4notin' and a few other fools.

Hope the replay-web site thing is back from kz2. That thing was neat.

reKon

Banned
I feel like I'm one of one hundred people who have owned and played the SNES Super Scope a lot. Because I enjoyed that a lot, I'm not surprised that the Sharpshooter makes the game more enjoyable, but it looks like a lot of people are surprised at how well it works. PS Move players are going to to dominate the shit out of everything, believe it or not.

Also, the IGN reviewer is pretty dumb for saying that the DS3 is vastly superior.

Rikyfree

ChanDangle said:
This week is going to be brutal, arrives tomorrow and I have to study for an exam Thursday. When the weekend hits my eyes will bleed.
Tell me about it. I get the game for one day before my ass goes into crunch time mode.

Jtrizzy

cool_trainer said:
My Amazon order is shipped! With all these positive impressions on the sharpshooter I really want to try it out for myself.
Where are the impressions? How many pages back, or are we talking about reviews?

So I finished KZ2 yesterday and decided to play the demo for KZ3. This, in turn, made me appreciate a few things about KZ3.

First and foremost the move implementation is second to none. This plus more reactive controls= a better game. I can't believe I am saying this but I will never play KZ3 with a DS3. Ever.

The graphics in 3 blow the doors off of 2. Much more going on and the IQ is much better in 3.

The 3 weapon system kicks ass.

It takes less hits to die on trooper in the demo then it does in kz2... much less. They balance this with squadmate revivals. Also, the enemies seem to be more accurate in this game.

reKon said:
I feel like I'm one of one hundred people who have owned and played the SNES Super Scope a lot. Because I enjoyed that a lot, I'm not surprised that the Sharpshooter makes the game more enjoyable, but it looks like a lot of people are surprised at how well it works. PS Move players are going to to dominate the shit out of everything, believe it or not.

Also, the IGN reviewer is pretty dumb for saying that the DS3 is vastly superior.

Yeah, one thing that always held me back from being great in MP is the fact that I always over-corrected when swinging to opponents. This was and is especially pronounced in KZ2. The movement is downright awful in that game. This is completely gone with the move.

cool_trainer said:
My Amazon order is shipped! With all these positive impressions on the sharpshooter I really want to try it out for myself.

i havent heard much positive about it other then build quality. in fact from what I have read it makes things harder then just using the move on its own due to fatigue and having the move at the end of the gun making movement harder. Another thing that is disappointing is that there is no rumble with the sharpshooter.

KingOfKong said:
i havent heard much positive about it other then build quality. in fact from what I have read it makes things harder then just using the move on its own due to fatigue and having the move at the end of the gun making movement harder. Another thing that is disappointing is that there is no rumble with the sharpshooter.

Still waiting for an analysis of it from TTP. Gaming websites are for the most part absolutely useless, especially when it comes motion controls.

Top Bottom