• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary |OT| No allegiance, no honour, only money

Hmm thats odd. Have you purchased the gas grenade as lord pie suggested?

Ah no I didn't. Guess that's why.

Ummmmm... How do you load a previous game?

In fact where does it save...
i ended it last night as that woman in the holding room got shot and we're taking her back
. But I boot the game up this morning and I have new game as an option only. Like surely it saved something before that point?

Looks like I'm going to have to replay all that again?

bLaiSe

i ended it last night as that woman in the holding room got shot and we're taking her back
. But I boot the game up this morning and I have new game as an option only. Like surely it saved something before that point?

Yep, the game only saves your earnings in missions, you can't continue from a checkpoint if you quit.

Yeah check points are only soft saves. If you quit out you start from the begging. It's a little annoying but the only time it should really happen is you you want to play a different game halfway through a mission or it crashes. Vita suspend state should mean you don't have to restart if something in RL crops up.

I havnt had it crash yet but if it does that's the only really annoying one I think.

fixuis

Aside from connection issues, this is the holy grail of portable gaming right here. It's that good. Many many times I find myself wondering in sp and mp if I'm playing a ps3 game. Gfx are phenomenal. The quintessential mp shooter experience on the go. Finally!!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just cleared the campaign. It was fun, but there were a few really annoying moments.
Anyway, off top MP. Oh wait, "Error connecting to server".

Fake edit:
Restarting the game helped.

repeater

Guys, I'm on the third mission of the campaign (towards the end of the mission, I presume) and I'm getting seriously frustrated from dying all the time. I've
blown up the big Helghast ship
and I'm supposed to evac to some kind of pad. But there are like a million different
flying drones
shooting at me, so pretty quickly after
using the zipline
I'm shot to bits, without any chance of taking them down. What the hell am I supposed to do?

Up to this, I think the game has provided a nice challenge for me at medium difficult, but to hell with this insane difficulty spike in the mission, especially combined with the fact that dying loses you money that you'll need to be able to compete in MP.. :/

Robotziane

Neo Member
Guys, I'm on the third mission of the campaign (towards the end of the mission, I presume) and I'm getting seriously frustrated from dying all the time. I've
and I'm supposed to evac to some kind of pad. But there are like a million different
flying drones
using the zipline
I'm shot to bits, without any chance of taking them down. What the hell am I supposed to do?

Up to this, I think the game has provided a nice challenge for me at medium difficult, but to hell with this insane difficulty spike in the mission, especially combined with the fact that dying loses you money that you'll need to be able to compete in MP.. :/

Buy the rocket launcher (the one that locks onto targets) and shoot down all the drones before zipping down onto the pad. Its how I managed it.

The_Monk

Hello fellow GAFfers, not sure if this is recent or not but if you want you can grab some Backgrounds and a Killzone Mercenary Avatar.

Just go here:

http://killzonemercenary.eu.playstation.com/mercenary-training

Select 3 Styles/Weapons from it the until you get 3 Stars at the top left screen. After that you will get a Code to download on the PS Store. Maybe it's EU Only, not sure.

Also, I can't use the Avatar on my Vita? I wonder if I need a PS3 for these, but at the same time I feel this don't make sense since this game is a Vita Exclusive.

---

On a side note, did anyone got the Pre-order DLC? Is it worth it? I don't got any despite having pre-ordering the game. It's a shame.

Cha

flying drones
using the zipline

Had the same problem. As mentioned above
If you have the cash - buy a rocket launcher, or equip a porcupine vanguard. Ididn't even have enough money to buy anything. Eventually I shot them down using one of the weak STA rifles that I had while hiding behind cover before the ZipLine. After the zipline I used the corners of the walls as cover and proceeded to shoot the next batch down.

repeater

Buy the rocket launcher (the one that locks onto targets) and shoot down all the drones before zipping down onto the pad. Its how I managed it.
Thanks, that did it! Pretty frustrating having to buy a weapon for 9000 out of my total 12 000 when I'm not really intending to use it again, though. I guess this just goes to show that life's a bitch when you're a free agent. :(

i-zombie

Neo Member
4 missions in and still totally amazed at the graphics every 5 minutes or so.

EA9862AF-186C-4A12-8323-7229DD3218A5-2671-000003E1E9E67FD1_zps68ea4b92.jpg

709DCEA6-BB84-48D1-B8FC-014863B24611-2671-000003E1E4021072_zps1513197a.jpg

286B7E3A-4900-485B-A11E-6984794051DD-2671-000003E1DF1F4249_zps0a61661b.jpg

28561080-834C-46C4-AE2D-B7CE0AF702D5-2671-000003E1DA2A7B31_zps7bf3cf27.jpg

2831D2CB-EFB6-422B-B827-8F90B511614D-2671-000003E1CC56FC45_zps00b004aa.jpg

AE284ECE-B353-4601-8323-97A8438614C4-2671-000003E1C3A92B01_zps1fabbeb2.jpg

AE6444FF-E7E3-400C-88EE-EDEDE4DF6B59-2671-000003E1BBA7A3DC_zpsc8fc2f2f.jpg

slider

Haven't been paying attention at all. So this is out, eh? And a positive reception. I'm hoping it's on the store; if so I'll get it later today.

bLaiSe

Is the melee counter medal glitched for anybody else (it's under the multiplayer tab)? Mine is still at zero but the bronze medal is unlocked.
By the way this whole melee counter thing is broken. No one can melee you face to face if you instantly start swiping up because it always requires that prompt.

lord pie

Is the melee counter medal glitched for anybody else (it's under the multiplayer tab)? Mine is still at zero but the bronze medal is unlocked.
By the way this whole melee counter thing is broken. No one can melee you face to face if you instantly start swiping up because it always requires that prompt.

I think the medal is bung. I get the award every game.

Counters aren't broken - you just should go trying to stab people when they are right in front of you. :) Otherwise I'll just shoot you in the face like I've been doing since the beta :-D

bLaiSe

I think the medal is bung. I get the award every game.

Counters aren't broken - you just should go trying to stab people when they are right in front of you. :) Otherwise I'll just shoot you in the face like I've been doing since the beta :-D

That sucks....
Now I'm only using melee if my mag is empty and in interrogations. My favourite trick is that after a counter I quickly run behind the guy and interrogate him. I haven't seen anyone else doing this though. :)

Hello fellow GAFfers, not sure if this is recent or not but if you want you can grab some Backgrounds and a Killzone Mercenary Avatar.

Just go here:

http://killzonemercenary.eu.playstation.com/mercenary-training

Select 3 Styles/Weapons from it the until you get 3 Stars at the top left screen. After that you will get a Code to download on the PS Store. Maybe it's EU Only, not sure.

Also, I can't use the Avatar on my Vita? I wonder if I need a PS3 for these, but at the same time I feel this don't make sense since this game is a Vita Exclusive.

---

Thanks for that, man.

Unfortunately, the wallpapers are just URLs that you access via your Vita, but of course, I didn't tab out and go to them straight away and of course, it's a stupid fucking promotional code, so I can't get back to the screen with the instructions. God, I fucking hate ill-thought out things like that.

You didn't manage to download them and hence, will have the links in your history, did you?

EDIT: Conversely, if someone hasn't already done it, this is the code: HADM-DFNL-T694. I'm assuming it's just a universal code, as I completed the "training" twice and received the same code. If you could paste the image URLs into this thread, that would be super! Thank you. And don't leave the screen prematurely!

Bailers

Manp

oh god i hate this game already. 3rd mission i get inside the elevator, the elevator goes up, my character goes through the elevator floor. so i'm stuck there with nothing else to do than restart the mission cause a fucking restart from last checkpoint button is something that you can't possibly ever need...

ok, the graphics are amazing but i'm hating everything else about this game with a passion
LLShC.gif

The_Monk

You didn't manage to download them and hence, will have the links in your history, did you?

I inserted the code on the PS Store. I was expecting some Wallpapers for the PS Vita and one (or more) Vita Avatars. However when I went to my Download History it simply says I can't download from a Vita and, since I no longer my PS3 with me, I can't check what/how they are fellow GAFfer... :/

Jinroh

Am I the only one who can't play multiplayer if I try to do it after I wake up my vita from sleep? Each time I have to restart the game.

Is it a known bug?

Gestault

how is artificial intelligence in the Game because all the videos I see it looks absolutely abysmal

The number of enemies and their damage amounts are sort of balanced out with their slower reaction time. So they're pretty dumb, but the gameplay is designed with that in mind.

Darien

---

EDIT: Conversely, if someone hasn't already done it, this is the code: HADM-DFNL-T694. I'm assuming it's just a universal code, as I completed the "training" twice and received the same code. If you could paste the image URLs into this thread, that would be super! Thank you. And don't leave the screen prematurely!

One little annoyance I have with the game is having to press triangle everytime to pick up ammo. Why can't you just pick it up automatically :(

Top Bottom