• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary |OT| No allegiance, no honour, only money

mandiller

I accidentally missed the ending video before the credits as my finger bumped the touch screen (who thought touch the screen to skip movies was a good idea?), what did I miss?

Robotziane

Neo Member
Wondering if anyone can help me out with this contract requirement. On the mission called the package their is a precision contract that states that you must get a kill whilst on a zip line. Their is only one zip line in the level from what I can see and this one seems to be part of a cutscene so you never get chance to fire until after you have landed.

Any help mucho appreciated.

Went to the Wal-Mart that is 5 min away from my house this morning when they opened at 7am. Got home after grabbing some breakfast and now waiting for the 1.2GB patch to finish up.

It should finish right when my son gets picked up for school. Then the day of greatness begins!

I've only played a few levels so far, but I really love it. The controls feel wonderful, the visuals are breathtaking for the device (I love just staring at the vistas, and the scale feels much larger than previous KZ games), there's a lot of depth and nuance to the gameplay thanks to all the Blackjack weapons, and the stealth is fun and feels 'realistic', without being too punishing if you screw up.

I also really like the design of everything. The Helghast dropships are awesome. Their cruisers look huge and brutal. The Vektan architecture is excellent; so much more interesting than in the first game. The weapons look and sound great. I feel like the series' art style has really hit its stride, and I look forward to Shadow Fall for the same reason.

Anyway, great game so far. I really can't fathom based on what I've played of the SP and MP why it scored so harshly in some reviews.

Game looks incredible, but to this day I can't justify paying $40 for a portable game, no matter how gorgeous it looks. Will wait for Amazon sale/price drop/etc

No Love

Banned
Game looks incredible, but to this day I can't justify paying $40 for a portable game, no matter how gorgeous it looks. Will wait for Amazon sale/price drop/etc

You're part of the problem.

get-out-Cary-Grant.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I might get Cary Grant's finger, but I bought it full price on physical, plan to play through the single player ASAP (I don't really do multiplayer) and then trade it in towards KZ:SF. Makes the price easier to swallow.

It is beautiful. I'll often just stand there and spin around, watching the side of my gun being gently bathed in different coloured lights.

Bit too much melee for me though - can you press a button or is there no way around the gestures for kills?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Guys, do I go with Digital or Physical? I can't decide. I know it takes a fuckton of space, but to have it there at all times for multiplayer is also awful tempting.

if you leave the physical card in there it is also always available for multiplayer..

I also got my copy. The game is freaking gorgeous(no duh) and plays very well, offline at least. Haven tried MP cause dat update. Just posting this really neat part of the game, if you slide in SP into an enemy, they actually fall over unlike KZ3. Very useful feature.

But it's comparable to many home console releases in its amount of content. What difference does the platform its on make?

Grisby

Just got back with it. Now to download that giant patch.

I imagine it isn't up yet but what is the preorder bonus deal, 'Blackjack's briefcase'? Just some mo money for upgrades? Got that at gamestop along with the heavy machine gun.

Delt31

just got my copy - played SP and it really does look amazing. plays relatively well too with good music and vibrant colors (atleast in level one). My only complaint so far is the loose controls but that just might be killzone. doesn't feel as accurate as COD. Any suggestions on control adjustments?

i tried putting the code in for the preorder bonus and its not working. Do i have to wait for thee store to get updated tonight for it to work or did i get a bad code?

I also got my copy. The game is freaking gorgeous(no duh) and plays very well, offline at least. Haven tried MP cause dat update. Just posting this really neat part of the game, if you slide in SP into an enemy, they actually fall over unlike KZ3. Very useful feature.

So do we need the patch to play at all? I will be able to pick it up, but will not have access to fast internet (so slow I do not want to DL the patch) until I get home, which will be 7 hours after I pick it up.

just got my copy - played SP and it really does look amazing. plays relatively well too with good music and vibrant colors (atleast in level one). My only complaint so far is the loose controls but that just might be killzone. doesn't feel as accurate as COD. Any suggestions on control adjustments?

Turn up the sensitivity of the sticks and turn on gyro aiming.

So do we need the patch to play at all? I will be able to pick it up, but will not have access to fast internet (so slow I do not want to DL the patch) until I get home, which will be 7 hours after I pick it up.

You can play SP with no probs, MP wont work until you patch it though. Wont even let me upload my stats to Killzoneverse until patched. 1.1Gig will take a while for me too. At least the SP is really fun to play with. Gives me time to upgrade my weapons instead of going in with default weapons and armor.

Binabik15

I looove the SP.

Can't connect to PS Network to play MP it seems, I'll have to wait for my UK copy to arrive it seems. The German copy I borrowed from my brother play perfectly fine in SP with my UK account, though, English text and all.

Yes, most of the time you have to wait. Sony's preorder stuff blows.

Ugh, i have time to play today and was looking forward to the double cash, oh well will play normally anyway. Really lame though, i thought at least something like the preorder codes would work even if the game itself wasnt up.

Top Bottom