• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary |OT| No allegiance, no honour, only money

sunnz

Finally got the code from Amazon.

Got the extra money but since the 2 day XP bonus was only from the 6th to the 8th ( got the code last night, on the 9th) means I missed it.

Z3M0G

Just played through what I assume was most of the first level... Holy hell. This is just how it starts?

How was this possible on Vita?

Grisby

The graphics are phenomenal. Has to be the best looking handheld game ever.

Gameplay isn't too bad either. Standard Killzone fare but it's a lot of fun. I'm terrible at stealth in this game though and oh man the hacking game is kind of difficult.

Having just replayed Killzone 1 I'm glad the knife executions have come back. Dick stabbing in OLED native rez is pretty entertaining.

No Love

Banned

Gameplay isn't too bad either. Standard Killzone fare but it's a lot of fun. I'm terrible at stealth in this game though and oh man the hacking game is kind of difficult.

Having just replayed Killzone 1 I'm glad the knife executions have come back. Dick stabbing in OLED native rez is pretty entertaining.

For all noobs, here's how to do the hacking game:

When you see the middle symbols, all you have to do is find two combinations of the other symbols to match. That's it. So you tap one combination and then tap the middle one. Those symbols will disappear, then you just have to find one that matches what's left in the middle!

I think I should make a video, lol.

lord pie

Wondering if anyone can help me out with this contract requirement. On the mission called the package their is a precision contract that states that you must get a kill whilst on a zip line. Their is only one zip line in the level from what I can see and this one seems to be part of a cutscene so you never get chance to fire until after you have landed.

Any help mucho appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGzHQNvXKSk&t=171

Hahaha sounds good Grisby

Tygamr

About to go pick this up. Can't wait to play it (and download that giant patch...)

make sure the box has the game in as soon as you pay it,
missingsaints.JPG

my sealed copy of Saints4 didn't.

That can happen at any store though. Someone could have jacked the disc in the factory, or there was an issue on the assembly line. Someone could have also bought it, removed the disc, and then resealed it. I'm guessing they didn't give you a refund/let you exchange it?

starting with the PS4, sony REALLY needs to start putting up the updates at midnight. ridiculous with the wait. should've just gone with the physical copy on amazon

alexg1989

Banned
so for those who have it, will you be allowed to play the SP without downloading the patch or is the patch required to play it at all? I want to buy the game today but wasn't planning on D/Ling the patch until I got a bigger mem card.

so for those who have it, will you be allowed to play the SP without downloading the patch or is the patch required to play it at all? I want to buy the game today but wasn't planning on D/Ling the patch until I got a bigger mem card.

You can play the SP fine without downloading the patch!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Has anybody noticed any loading speed differences between Retail and Digital Download?

Haven't compared, but I have the retail version and basically haven't noticed any loading, there is a little when you first start, but they've masked it really well, and cutscenes switch into gameplay seamlessly. Like uncharted in that aspect

Gestault

Physical copy, in-hand. Nothing but the cartridge in the box. Wouldn't have it any other way.

I actually would, but whatevs

Cornbread78

Seeign as the huge DD file, I tcancelled my Ys reserve for now and picked up a physical copy to play. I'll have to DD Ys Celcetta instead.

I can't wait to fire it up! Too many games!

About to go4 pick this up. Can't wait to play it (and download that giant patch...)

That can happen at any store though. Someone could have jacked the disc in the factory, or there was an issue on the assembly line. Someone could have also bought it, removed the disc, and then resealed it. I'm guessing they didn't give you a refund/let you exchange it?

yeah 1.2 GB patch right away, killing my memory card as i bought digital...

I'm in negotiations with BestBuy at the moment, but im already 4000 miles away from the store i bought it. if i end up losing that 60$ i will never buy anything from that company again and will advise friends to do so too :/

Well that was lame. Got put into a 3v1 Warzone match. Stuck around for a few minutes and no one else joined. I guess I'll wait until later when more people are playing, because that shit was lame as hell.
Edit: switched to guerrilla warfare and did a thousand times better. Dat mantis

Delt31

I really enjoy the game but man the controls are just not feeling good. I think it's the large deadzone that I'm feeling. I know others said to increase sensitivity but that makes it even worse as the deadzone is still there so it's like a slingshot effect leaving me little control. If only I can find a good setting it would make the game that much better.

suggestions?

Enron

Banned
I really enjoy the game but man the controls are just not feeling good. I think it's the large deadzone that I'm feeling. I know others said to increase sensitivity but that makes it even worse as the deadzone is still there so it's like a slingshot effect leaving me little control. If only I can find a good setting it would make the game that much better.

suggestions?

it takes getting used to. One thing that helped me was turning on motion aiming. easier to aim that way imo.

Vlodril

I really liked the beta. But i refuse to buy a full price game with a 3-4 hour campaign.

That not minding those 8 hour campaigns in the beginning of last gen really destroyed us..

Grisby

Hahaha sounds good Grisby
That first level was a lot of fun. I suggest turning the sensitivity up on the sticks (like some other gaffers have said) as that improved the moving and aiming for me dramatically.

Everything from console Killzone seems to be intact gameplay wise. The cool death animations are still there and the game seems to be doing a lot of graphical tricks (lighting reflections, etc). There is still noticeable pop in if you move from area to area real fast but it ran at a real nice framerate (silky smooth, har).

The money system seems neat and gives the action a more arcadey feel.

One last bit though, I love the more varied color palette in the first level. Nice to see some green in the Killzone universe.

When you see the middle symbols, all you have to do is find two combinations of the other symbols to match. That's it. So you tap one combination and then tap the middle one. Those symbols will disappear, then you just have to find one that matches what's left in the middle!

I just need more practice at it. I only did two or so in the first level. Thanks for the advice.

Robotziane

Neo Member
I really liked the beta. But i refuse to buy a full price game with a 3-4 hour campaign.

That not minding those 8 hour campaigns in the beginning of last gen really destroyed us..

For what its worth ive currently got over 10 hours game time from single player alone. The contract missions really do add alot and make replaying levels worthwhile.

...thinking about it even going through single player without doing any contracts would net you more than 4 hours.

I must've died 10 times before even having the slightest clue what to do back in the beta. Didn't help that there was no tutorial for it whatsoever. That's only in the single player, lol.

Massa

The 3-4 hour times come from the in-game clock that doesn't count retries, cutscenes, loading and things like that. People have reported actually taking 6-8 hours to beat the game.

Replay-ability is also far more developed in this game than in most campaigns these days.

Cudder

Played the first mission on Veteran, tons of fun, loving this game. There was an intel that you could hack but I noticed it was like 3 different "tiers" of hacking, wish a bunch of nodes in each that needed to be hacked. I wasn't even close to finishing the hack. Do hacks get harder on Veteran?

How short? Buying it mostly for the campaign, if it's really short, probably wait for a deal.

I finished it clocking in at 5 hrs. I understand there's replayability but campaign all the way through is still on the short side. I'd still recommend it for it's quality however.

Picked up my retail pre-order on my lunch break...can't wait to get home and start playing. I'm really hoping my newly-installed 50Mbps internet can rip through that patch in 20 minutes or so, but I'm always skeptical with PSN downloads... :-\

Top Bottom