• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary |OT| No allegiance, no honour, only money

Mattiator

Played for ten minutes before I had to tuck the boy in and get ready for the 16 hour shift tomorrow! After work tomorrow night I will give it more time :). I liked what I saw/played.

MDSLKTR

I couldn't get used to the gyro aiming in the beta because it was too slow but in the single player lining up headshots is pure bliss. Best use of that feature in a game.

I just got this today.

I shit my pants. There is no way this is real. iOS is the future? The future of what? So much power in this.

This is iOS and it's worthless games. BAM

hobo+shotgun+2.gif

Ivanov, when I fire a silenced weapon, that does not mean "Time to go Rambo."

Despite his wonky AI, he was still one of the coolest looking characters of the game. I mean, come on, he's wearing a Beanie out in the killzone!

Anyways, heres my psn if you folks wanna add me: BushLovesOsama

Very nice looking game, love how it all comes together in the SP missions. Highest difficulty is a good challenge and the AI is surprisingly decent for a portable game. I think I'll try some mp next to see maps other than what was in the beta.

hvBNXZF.jpg

My VERY first MP game (^___^)

Clearly my time with the beta was well spent. Blurry quality of pic is only because I snapped it the moment it was going away lol

demolitio

After all the talk about the new iPhone and how powerful it is compared to the Vita (hell, people even said IB3 was better than some next-gen games lol), I hope to hell we get lookers on there like we have with KZ:M on the Vita. Every time I boot this up, I'm amazed at how good it looks and makes me excited for the possibility of more Vita games coming out with decent budgets if the Vita TV does well.

Are we sure I'm secretly playing KZ:M via remote play on the Vita? I'd say there has to be a catch but it just shows you what some proper focus can get you from an experienced team with a non-shitty engine.

Too bad other shooter completely soured people on the prospect of these sorts of games on a handheld. To me, Unit 13 proved a SOCOM game would have been possible (R.I.P. Zipper) and now this proves good shooters are very much possible as well.

KZ:M restored hope for me.

micah

Just got my copy in the mail. Got about another hour left before I will be jumping on. If anyone is down for some multi; just let me know you're from GAF.

PSN: m1cah

Tygamr

Just encountered a weird glitch. Some guy in multiplayer was glitched- he instantly wounded you if he fired a single shot at you, and the game doesn't turn red or show the damage indicator. It just turns grey, and then, the game let's you move around again as if you were saved, but then you die because you got interrogated. It only happened with that guy, and he was definitely milking it. Name was shinmegamizombie or some crap like that. What's worse is I kept spawning right next to him...

OmegaZero

Hey guys, how do I view intel I've gathered? I hack things and interrogate officers but unlike the gameplay videos, nothing comes up on my Vanguard after the intel award pops up.
EDIT: Oh, I have to push that tiny touch button.
Lame.

Lol at the first mission where you have to take the two guys out "stealthily". I shoot the guy nice and cleanly. Ivanov sprays and prays yet didnt even kill him, which led to everyone being alerted.

smh

SxP

Having connection problems today. Says it can't connect to PSN. Worked fine yesterday. That's pretty annoying since I wanted to play some MP.

Having connection problems today. Says it can't connect to PSN. Worked fine yesterday. That's pretty annoying since I wanted to play some MP.
Try rebooting the game entirely (from the Vita UI). I had connection problems twice when coming out of sleep mode trying to access MP. It just couldn't connect. Rebooting the game fixed that though.

deadlast

Well my game finally finished downloading, while I slept. I will be on tonight 9 est for some mp if anyone is down. PSN deadlastvita

SxP

Try rebooting the game entirely (from the Vita UI). I had connection problems twice when coming out of sleep mode trying to access MP. It just couldn't connect. Rebooting the game fixed that though.

Yeah I tried that, but it didn't help. Will try again a little later.

My lord the graphics 0_o

First level and I am popping heads no problem. Game controls amazingly well. I can't believe how good it looks.

Just popped it in my Vita to try out real quick before bed.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE ON A HANDHELD!

O_O

I'm with you man. Just insane what they accomplished here.

Game looks insane, on the smallscreen it feels like I'm playing a PS3 game, but god damn I hope Shadowfall bucks the KZ trend and actually has a decent FOV.

The game is pretty well designed, I love any FPS that lets you sneak around picking off as many enemies as possible before shit (possibly) hits the fan, there's quite a bit of that here. But I struggle to line up headshots quickly with the Vita sticks. Very good stuff but another game I'd rather be playing on console.

Game looks insane, on the smallscreen it feels like I'm playing a PS3 game, but god damn I hope Shadowfall bucks the KZ trend and actually has a decent FOV.

The game is pretty well designed, I love any FPS that lets you sneak around picking off as many enemies as possible before shit (possibly) hits the fan, there's quite a bit of that here. But I struggle to line up headshots quickly with the Vita sticks. Very good stuff but another game I'd rather be playing on console.

Strangely enough I don't have any complaints about the controls. Headshots have been really easy to pull off so far.

nampad

can't seem to get in on any multiplayer games except the occasional Deathmatch :/

keep getting no connection to host -errors.

Did you put your game or Vita in sleep mode? If yes, restart the game and everything will be fine. It's a bug, the game can't have been in sleep mode if you want to connect to a MP game.

sajj316

My lord the graphics 0_o

First level and I am popping heads no problem. Game controls amazingly well. I can't believe how good it looks.

I'm with you man. Just insane what they accomplished here.

Me three! Good lord, what is going on inside that machine to display this level of fidelity. I can't wait to get on my bus (commute) to play single player. My comments are based on multiplayer levels!!! I can't imagine the single player!!

Did you put your game or Vita in sleep mode? If yes, restart the game and everything will be fine. It's a bug, the game can't have been in sleep mode if you want to connect to a MP game.

oh what :D of course the Vita is in sleep mode, like all the time between playing.

Maxxan

Great game, and obviously the best handheld fps ever. However, I'm a bit upset at the 1 GB patch I need to download in order to play online. How can a patch possibly be 1 gb!? It's not like they are including any new textures/vids/audio/maps!?

Torrod

Neo Member
Great game, and obviously the best handheld fps ever. However, I'm a bit upset at the 1 GB patch I need to download in order to play online. How can a patch possibly be 1 gb!? It's not like they are including any new textures/vids/audio/maps!?

The Original Killzone on PS2 required an 7Mb patch for online play. Memcards could only hold 8mb, so the dev has some history with big patches.

Why is the patch so large and do we know what it contains? I only have 4.5Gb left on my 16GB card, now add that 1GB patch and then do the match.

I think the game is awesome, but heck, it is pretty hard. As mush to do with figuring out the controls than anything else.

I died multiple times on the first level, on normal, lol.

Just encountered a weird glitch. Some guy in multiplayer was glitched- he instantly wounded you if he fired a single shot at you, and the game doesn't turn red or show the damage indicator. It just turns grey, and then, the game let's you move around again as if you were saved, but then you die because you got interrogated. It only happened with that guy, and he was definitely milking it. Name was shinmegamizombie or some crap like that. What's worse is I kept spawning right next to him...

Just sounds like he was using the tranquilliser gun on you. It's downs you in one shot but not fatally. Then you can easily be interrogated. I use it in round three if war zone all the time.

sajj316

This game isn't very portable is it :) Had a 45 minute commute and still found myself putting the Vita on standby so I didn't have to restart the mission. Finished the first mission in my office,
the toilet
. Good times ahead!

Cornbread78

OK, my first complaint. The game was in sleep mode and I turned it back on this morning and played for another hour or so. I hit the PS button and swiped the window shut in error, completely making me start the game from scratch..... WTF? seriously? Thankfully, it's only an hour or so of actually gameplay, but still petty stupid to not have any checkpoints/autosave feature....

nampad

Tried out the motion aim for the first time. Not sure if I like it. For long distance, it is really good because of the fine adjustments. Unfortunately I start to use it on every situation and flail around instead of using the sticks for the normal infights, which costs me my live more often than not. Even if I know the sticks are better in a certain situation, I subconciously start using the gyro first.

I have no problem using the sticks and would say I am pretty well with them, so I don't know if the motion aim really helps my playstyle. Guess I'll keep it a while and maybe I'll get better with it.

What's the general opinion here on motion aim for MP?

I feel motion aiming has great potential for kickass accuracy but currently i suck super badly in KZ:M as i normally refuse to play FPSes on consoles due to lack of mouse support so it'll take a bit of learning

Good grief, getting this game into my Vita is becoming a real hassle. I downloaded it to the PS3 and then the Content Manager is saying it'll take over two hours to transfer through USB, which doesn't make a lick of sense to me (USB 2.0 isn't that slow). Then downloading it through the network is problematic because the Vita sporadically stops downloading when it sleeps. It's like I have to do it in shifts or something.

Randy

Good grief, getting this game into my Vita is becoming a real hassle. I downloaded it to the PS3 and then the Content Manager is saying it'll take over two hours to transfer through USB, which doesn't make a lick of sense to me (USB 2.0 isn't that slow). Then downloading it through the network is problematic because the Vita sporadically stops downloading when it sleeps. It's like I have to do it in shifts or something.

Yup, I have the same problem. Tried to fiddle with some settings, but nothing seems to help.

AwRy108

OK, my first complaint. The game was in sleep mode and I turned it back on this morning and played for another hour or so. I hit the PS button and swiped the window shut in error, completely making me start the game from scratch..... WTF? seriously? Thankfully, it's only an hour or so of actually gameplay, but still petty stupid to not have any checkpoints/autosave feature....

I'm fairly certain that every KZ has been like this; in fact, I think most non-RPG FPS's are like this.

First: KZm looks amazing!

B: I'm not having any troubles with the controls at all. Of course uncharted was sort of like a primer for this but it works so well.

3. Will try mp later tonite.

Oni Jazar

I had the same problem. It's ridiculous that downloading the game takes 12 hours because I keep having to baby sit the connection. It's also ridiculous that Sony still doesn't bootstrap the patches to the app on the store, so I have to download another GB after downloading 3GB for the game. It's also ridiculous that the download still shows a broken icon. Fix this shit Guerrilla.

Yeah, my only complaint so far is the strange lack of check-points for resuming single player missions. I got out of the first mission after an hour or so to check multiplayer and lost all my advances...

Top Bottom