• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary |OT| No allegiance, no honour, only money

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yeah, my only complaint so far is the strange lack of check-points for resuming single player missions. I got out of the first mission after an hour or so to check multiplayer and lost all my advances...

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. Yeah it's bullshit and and a very odd oversight. Saving at checkpoints is a standard in shooters these days. It's really odd that a basic feature like that is missing.

No Love

Banned
Good grief, getting this game into my Vita is becoming a real hassle. I downloaded it to the PS3 and then the Content Manager is saying it'll take over two hours to transfer through USB, which doesn't make a lick of sense to me (USB 2.0 isn't that slow). Then downloading it through the network is problematic because the Vita sporadically stops downloading when it sleeps. It's like I have to do it in shifts or something.

In Settings ---> Power Save, turn the WiFi power save mode off.

VanWinkle

I got a surprise bonus at work so I'll be able to pick this up :) Didn't think I'd be able to due to lack of funds, so i'm pretty happy.

DirtyLarry

I almost brought my Vita to work with me today but just did not think it was the best of ideas. Now reading this thread makes me realize what a terribly bad idea it was NOT to bring it. I could of at the very least played on my lunch break.

Alric

I almost brought my Vita to work with me today but just did not think it was the best of ideas. Now reading this thread makes me realize what a terribly bad idea it was NOT to bring it. I could of at the very least played on my lunch break.

Yep, mine is with me at work. Wifi here is just good enough to play online without lagging so when I get a chance I'll be playing some Multi later.

sajj316

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. Yeah it's bullshit and and a very odd oversight. Saving at checkpoints is a standard in shooters these days. It's really odd that a basic feature like that is missing.

Couldn't agree more. That being said, its still fantastic but lacking in design for portability.

Anybody else having this issue?

During stealth parts of the game(Im only at the 2nd mission) my A.I. partner(Z Z Top dude) keeps triggering alerts! I'll be behind a wall and he'll run out an get spotted!
Anyone else dealing with this issue?

Yopis

Had some time to play this made it to the second level late night. Game is awesome but then Vita battery died. Jumping back in today.

kdash7

Anybody having issue downloading Killzone from the VITA psn? After buying it just hangs on the "Preparing to download, please wait" pop-up and nothing happens!!!

Coiote

Just played a match in the Skyline match. Damn, this game looks good. My jaw was on the floor during the entire session.

sajj316

During stealth parts of the game(Im only at the 2nd mission) my A.I. partner(Z Z Top dude) keeps triggering alerts! I'll be behind a wall and he'll run out an get spotted!

Yes, he is a damn idiot.

Yep, but it still pauses the downloads. :(

I just realised why people find the wording confusing. I never refer to sleep mode (pressing top button) as power save mode. That option means to use the wifi in a way that uses less power (I.e. only turn on in sleep mode intermittently to check for updates) and not use wifi while in sleep mode. So un-tick it because its basically disconnecting from your wifi to save power when this mode is on.

I have it unchecked and the problem still occurs for me
Mine started doing this when I pre-downloaded it a week ago. When it was working it was crazy slow. After a couple if days and it only being half done I changed my router and it downloaded flawlessly in about 30 mins. So maybe it's a router issue?

Gestault

I've had a bit of that too...

Tygamr

I really enjoyed the beta, but my experience with the full multiplayer has been mixed. Respawn points are worse than in the beta- most of my deaths come from spawn kills. Also, I really don't like any of the people I've played with (on my team and on the enemy team). People rely on explosives way too much for kills (proximity mines, RPG), there's already people camping, team mates will kill guys that you're trying to interrogate during the interrogation cycle (pisses me off so much), and half of them ignore objectives all together in favor of just killing people on the other team.

I enjoy some matches and come away fuming from others.

sajj316

I really enjoyed the beta, but my experience with the full multiplayer has been mixed. Respawn points are worse than in the beta- most of my deaths come from spawn kills. Also, I really don't like any of the people I've played with (on my team and on the enemy team). People rely on explosives way too much for kills (proximity mines, RPG), there's already people camping, team mates will kill guys that you're trying to interrogate during the interrogation cycle (pisses me off so much), and half of them ignore objectives all together in favor of just killing people on the other team.

Sounds like every multiplayer game I've played ;)

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Freaking hotel internet... why does in still suck - everywhere - in 2013?!

Bought the game at a local Target while on the road for work last night, and started the 1GB patch download before bed. I woke up - 56% done... it's downloading at a few kbps.

Welp, guess I'll play single player.

bLaiSe

You should team up.

Edit: Or play DM. The party matchmaking is terrible. Just tried it in the full game, it rarely puts you in the same team.

Yeah, just like in the beta, people have no idea how to play Warzone. It can be frustrating, especially Interrogation mode since almost no one tries to do the objective. Will definitely make a load out just for that round when I get enough money/load outs. If you do play Warzone correctly though, you'll be one of the few in the match to do so and will easily come in first place and rack up a ton of money.

Anyone want to team up tonight and crush some randoms? Can you get a group of 4 together and join public matches? Never tried it in the beta or final game so I'm not sure how everything works. I'll be able to play around 7pm central. My PSN name is in my profile.

Any tips on how to aim better in multiplayer? I'm getting killed a lot. I love the game but its frustrating sometimes.

Maybe I just suck but the Vita 2nd analog is a little twitchy and sensitive. I hope I get used to it, but any tips?

Some guys are just crazy good online and they're already maxed out!

Robotziane

Neo Member
Any tips on how to aim better in multiplayer? I'm getting killed a lot. I love the game but its frustrating sometimes.

Maybe I just suck but the Vita 2nd analog is a little twitchy and sensitive. I hope I get used to it, but any tips?

Some guys are just crazy good online and they're already maxed out!

I find that you dont have to correct much when you aim down the sites. Usually just aim and fire without much adjustment. I find the standard gun to be the best choice ( M82, I think). Getting the suit that adds a little more protection from bullets is a good idea too. Dont be afraid to go for long shots too, the default gun is pretty accurate at long range.

No Love

Banned
The best advice I can give to newbs is this:

1. Adjust your controls first. Make sure sensitivity is set to your liking. I dialed it up two notches from default and use partway movements to adjust my aiming. Works really well.

2. Probably one of the best tips that will give you a huge advantage over 90% of other players is USE HEADPHONES, especially quality ones if you can. I use some huge Sennheisers that are insulated and I can hear EVERYTHING. Position audio in this game is great and most people make a lot of noise shuffling around. Stop every once in a while in a position where you have your back to a wall or are concealed around a corner and just listen.

Using this + radar and letting your teammates exposes enemies means you can flank often and flank hard. I get a lot of double and triple kills by doing.

Best two tips I can offer.

I feel like this too. The looks I've gotten when mentioning to my co-workers that I'm a pretty avid gamer, however, have somewhat soured me on the idea of actually playing video games on my lunch break...maybe I could sit in my car...

That's it. I'm bringing it tomorrow.

Jonboy

1. Adjust your controls first. Make sure sensitivity is set to your liking. I dialed it up two notches from default and use partway movements to adjust my aiming. Works really well.

2. Probably one of the best tips that will give you a huge advantage over 90% of other players is USE HEADPHONES, especially quality ones if you can. I use some huge Sennheisers that are insulated and I can hear EVERYTHING. Position audio in this game is great and most people make a lot of noise shuffling around. Stop every once in a while in a position where you have your back to a wall or are concealed around a corner and just listen.

Using this + radar and letting your teammates exposes enemies means you can flank often and flank hard. I get a lot of double and triple kills by doing.

Awesome. Very solid advice.

Did you end up leaving your sensitivity at the "+2" setting on both x and y? I've been going back and forth and can't seem to find my sweet spot just yet.

SxP

I really like the maximum protection armor. Those few extra bullets you can take just make all the difference.

lord pie

I really like the maximum protection armor. Those few extra bullets you can take just make all the difference.

I get the feeling it is at least partially immune to the tranq gun too (may be completely wrong though). It won't stop an explosion though and you're loud/slow as heck.

No Love

Banned
Awesome. Very solid advice.

Did you end up leaving your sensitivity at the "+2" setting on both x and y? I've been going back and forth and can't seem to find my sweet spot just yet.

Yes sir, +2 on both. I find that's the 'sweet spot' where it's responsive enough for fluid movement, but not so oversensitive that I can't rapidly do small movements to fine tune where I'm aiming. Fine tune it from there. Undersensitive is always better than oversensitive because you can more easily compensate, for me at least.

RoeBear

I love that I can play this game with being stealthy in mind. I know there was a stealth level in KZ3, but being able to play almost the whole story while being stealthy is so refreshing.

I am enjoying this game so dang much. Controls, Visuals, and the Mercenary elements have created a extremely solid package. I can't believe I am running to cover, sliding and spinning around and all the while getting headshots.

Bravo Cambridge

I find that you dont have to correct much when you aim down the sites. Usually just aim and fire without much adjustment. I find the standard gun to be the best choice ( M82, I think). Getting the suit that adds a little more protection from bullets is a good idea too. Dont be afraid to go for long shots too, the default gun is pretty accurate at long range.
Thanks.

The heavy suit seem slow, right? I'll give that a try.

The semi-auto rifle is powerful. Loved it at first but it was hard to use it against better players.

Grisby

Really liked the last mission I played. The small levels make for a more intimate combat feeling. The last two killzones were bombastic and I like the idea of not being on the front line.

Really liked the last mission I played. The small levels make for a more intimate combat feeling. The last two killzones were bombastic and I like the idea of not being on the front line.

Yeah I agree. I love how tight everything feels. I am just constantly surprised that I am experiencing some of the same thrills as the console versions as I am on this little handheld. Its really crazy.

No Love

Banned
Thanks.

The heavy suit seem slow, right? I'll give that a try.

The semi-auto rifle is powerful. Loved it at first but it was hard to use it against better players.

Best gun in the game iMO is STA7. Massive clip, very powerful and kills enemies quick, very accurate at least long range with burst fire. You have to use it with the supply suit though so you have 4x ammo reserves.

Also, supply shit rocks because as you get kills it recharges your Vanguards from what I remember from tbe beta.

Top Bottom