• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary |OT| No allegiance, no honour, only money

anddo0

Well caved in and bought it. Visually it is amazing but fuck the hacking mini games.. why do devs add that things.. they are always frustrating. sure give 50 secs to do a 4,2,5 wave.

It's annoying as hell. Slows the game down too much. Hacking during MP...

edit: just spent 10 mins trying to hack the intel terminal on stage 4. F this shit.

Aw. Yiss. Everything unlocked.

And you can put me in the camp that digs hacking. I can breeze through the majority of Vanguard hacks in about 3 seconds now.

Loving the poo out of this. Had some annoying games before where seemingly everyone was rocking rocket launchers. Zero fun, albeit classic Killzone MP, I guess.

Online is great but fuuuuuck C4. It's hard to hear the beeps sometimes due to all the shit going on.

And yeah, absolutely agree with this. Kinda happy that grenades are a bit OP now, seeing as they comparatively require a modicum of skill/talent to use.

omg_mjd

I love the enemies in single player. They behave realistically so it gives many opportunities to try to "outsmart" them like you would human players. It also makes dying not feel cheap since the AI isn't relying on some kind of omniscience to beat you.

Really hope the devs add bots for offline MP at some point. Seems like the AI framework is already there.

Yeah the AI is great and I'm playing on soldier difficulty level. They behave very much like KZ2's. I saw one of laying on the floor shooting me :p

sajj316

Yeah the AI is great and I'm playing on soldier difficulty level. They behave very much like KZ2's. I saw one of laying on the floor shooting me :p

With the exception of Ivanov acting like a total idiot during stealth missions. Enemy AI is fantastic. Always moving toward and away from me. Shooting from floors. Repositioning themselves. Love it.

I know I complained before on how you can't resume your game during a mission if you exit, but now I'm not seeing it as much of a problem as the missions are not very long.

I know I complained before on how you can't resume your game during a mission if you exit, but now I'm not seeing it as much of a problem as the missions are not very long.
Yeah it's an issue that I doubt will effect to many people. A slight annoyance if it crashes (which I havnt experienced yet).

Just patch it so that sleep mode makes multiplayer not work unless you reload the game please. Apart from that, the games a blast.

test_account

XP-39C²
I beat the game two days ago, a really great game! Hoping that i get around to get the platinum trophy. Working my way through the special mission objectives now.

This game also makes me wonder what a proper Call of Duty Vita game would look like. While i dont think that Black Ops: Declassified was as bad as some people think, i think it was a missed opportunity from Activision to not invest more time and money into the game.

DirtyLarry

Finally got my preorder code from Amazon.
That Double XP would have been nice from Day 1. Oh well, will enter it once I am done with SP Mission #4.

Delt31

guys - how do you counter melee? Is it just triggered auto b/c sometimes I can do it but have no idea how I was given the counter option

Also - have you noticed in MP that sometimes you will run automatically when you respawn? Is that just me?

The_Monk

Just finished the game on Veteran fellow GAFfers.

The game is not hard, at all, good weapons and a armor with heavy protection and you are good to go. I loved the SP. I played the Beta and when I got the game I went to MP day one. Not sure if I'm going to replay it again using those other modes because I don't like to play with a Timer and with Challenges to do and also, I need to take a break from it to not burn myself for playing too often.

Will be back to it later on, for Multiplayer. Let's see if they add new maps.

bLaiSe

I'm really sorry for being part of the problem. I know it's bullshitty, but I can't just say no to the amount of free kills it gives me.

I'm part of the problem too but most players use it so I throw them around too. I know so much trap spots haha.
Devs should nerf the explosives though. If the grenade indicator is not showing I shouldn't die and prox mines could be a little louder.

Bradach

just finished the campaign on Hard and I had a blast. It's been said plenty of times in here but this is a top quality game.
I love the fact that I can buy stuff in SP and use it in MP and vice versa.

Great prep for KZ: Shadow Fall too!

Jonboy

What do you mean by "partway movement"? I'm still having issues with the feel of the controls and can't find the sweet spot either but my adjustments thus far mirror yours (making it a little more sensitive but not all the way like others recommended as I feel like I have no control).
Still trying to figure out my best control setup as well. Can't seem to nail it down yet.

Solely digging into the campaign now. I cannot believe some of the shit they pulled off on the Vita. Outstanding stuff. Medium difficulty is a bit easier than I expected but I'm thoroughly enjoying what I'm playing. Quite a battery eater though.

Got the game a bit ago on a whim...

Been playing campaign. Still not used to the controls, feels kinda clunky. Anyone have any suggestions for the controls? Also, the game seems to hiccup for me sometimes. Seems alright so far, not loving it though. Maybe I should play some multiplayer?

EGOMON

Been playing campaign. Still not used to the controls, feels kinda clunky. Anyone have any suggestions for the controls? Also, the game seems to hiccup for me sometimes. Seems alright so far, not loving it though. Maybe I should play some multiplayer?

Try the Multiplayer it is tons of fun i can't bring my self to play the campaign lol
Also i tuned up the X/Y sensitivity all the way it helped me get better

Turn your sensitivity all the way up and get ready for handheld perfection

rcl66

Fun game so far but just starting MP and I'm getting utterly destroyed. Maybe because I didn't play the beta but feels like lots of instant kills and not even sure what killed me sometimes.

cuilan

Was trying to do mission 1 on Covert, but due to a checkpoint glitch, I have no choice by to start the whole mission over again...I melee-killed the guy on the computer across from the office with the book cases (the one with the interrogation+hostage), but apparently he "spotted" me at the exact same time I meleed him. Killing him triggered a checkpoint (mission stats update?), but an alert is set off immediately afterwards which makes me fail the mission.

Also, dunno if anyone has posted about this yet, but I found a way to consistently get "outside" of the map in mission 1. In the area after the gliding scene, go up to where the valve is and turn around. There should be what looks like a water heater with a chest-high air conditioner looking thing directly to the right of it. Get to the AC thing and then move around to the back of it from the right. Stand on top of the ribbed ventilation pipe and it should be possible to jump on top of the AC thing. From there it's possible to jump up onto the next floor above. It's a lot easier to get the gas grenade into the security center from up there, and also easier to perform that interrogation since you can jump down to get right behind the guy as soon as he runs out.

Single player is kicking my ass for some reason. The infiltrator armor also send to have no noticeable difference in staying hidden from enemies either. Tried 5 or 6 times to interrogate an officer but he kept seeing me through a solid steel wall somehow. Balls.

I also don't like how it costs money to switch to a weapon you already own. Maybe it's the ammo or something? Ahh well. Can't wait to get the drone vangaurds.

Tygamr

The C4 does annoy me, but it is useful for stuff (other than cheap kills). You can use it to watch your back if you are trying to hold a position and don't want people sneaking up on you, and it's also useful for taking out people that have employed 'out of body' vanguards, like sky fury and the mantis engine. If you saw a guy on the opposing team just before he activated his vanguard, but only know of his general area and not his exact position, C4 works very well at taking care of them.

Those are the only uses I have for it. I hate when people randomly place it all around a level, or at a place where people spawn often.

Completed it with a time of 3hr 23 on the middle difficulty. Will be going back on Veteran once I've had some more multiplayer matches. This game really is what the Vita was waiting for, if they announce Gran Turismo then this thing will just be perfection.

Just finished the campaign. Really enjoyed it. Pretty bummed listening to this weeks bombcast where it seems Jeff isnt giving the game a chance at all. I hope this game gets the credit it deserves.

Time to get in some multiplayer.

OmegaZero

Single player is kicking my ass for some reason. The infiltrator armor also send to have no noticeable difference in staying hidden from enemies either. Tried 5 or 6 times to interrogate an officer but he kept seeing me through a solid steel wall somehow. Balls.

Infiltrator armor increases your movement speed and suppresses the noise you make (so you can silently sprint :D). It does nothing for your visibility - no armor does iirc.

OmegaZero

Inclined to agree with the hilarious but OP Mantis Engine

In the beta, I haven't had much issues with them.
If people are having trouble shooting them down, then they can place a Jammer vanguard to take it out or use a Vulture vanguard to find and kill the pilot, ect.

Unless they changed that for the retail version.

Top Bottom