• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

IvorB

I have like 15 shots of this room lol. This random room prob. impressed me more than anything else in the game; I've been talking about it ever since I first encountered it. It was that "whoaa this is next gen" moment for me. It's so damn visually impressive on the TV; the contrast, the gold material, the depth perception; everything just combines to be a visual treat. Captures just do not do it justice;

iJhMwEzGeWuuv.jpg

ibklCKt2RxTOO5.jpg

Those are really nice shots, man. As a lover of sci-fi gaming I must say that room just ticks all the right boxes for me. Everything about it is just so immaculate.

IvorB

Guys this is my first console FPS game... and dear LORD I'm terrible. I've played for a few hours and I can't aim worth a damn :( What can I do? How do you aim precisely? I know it takes practice but are there any tips here and here you can give me?

Thank you for your time!

I'm no expert but I would say learn to place the OWL shield carefully and use it a lot. This will be your life-saver. Sometimes even run forward into the line of fire (facing the enemy), call the shield and then go back behind cover until the shield is active. Then when it's ready you can go back behind it and pretty much stand directly in front of the enemies shooting them while not getting hit.

Also check sensitivity as others have said.

What is the matter with saving? Been playing for an hour or so, getting owned and so on. Had to turn of the PS4 and when I got back to the game I was back at the beginning of the stage. I checked all the options and I don't see anything about saving

eznark

Banned
@eznark

I had no problem with chapter 8, it's not that tough man. Having finished the game I thought the campaign was'nt long or tedious, very enjoyable campaign, you just have to know the best methods of going through certain sections, remember you have quite a few tools at your disposal with the owl and remember try different strategies, use different guns, use your grenades.

I don't think it's difficult, I think it's poorly designed.

Doesn't matter though my house got hit by lightning and fried all my stuff including the ps4 so by the time I get a replacement i doubt I'll go back to this game, at least not the campaign.

omonimo

Banned
Finished some day ago. I have to say, it had a huge potential but after Vekta, it's incredibly disappointing. A real pity because the OWL it's wonderful to use & level design work flawless for the first part. But the
Helgan part, except New Helgan
, feels totally unispired & rushed, especially in the ending. Jeez the ending it's such horrible. Surely Guerrilla has an involuntary talent to create hateful character

wizzbang

Banned
I just finished this game, god fucking damn I'm sick of internet whiners hating on the KZ franchise.
Is it fucking amazing as fuck? Nope! but it's pretty damn fun.

I'd say KZ2 is better - but not by huge amounts. The story in KZ SF is actually quite good, the graphics? At times are you know, quite nice looking, 1080p PS3 stuff, at other times they are holy.fucking.shit graphics.

The music is good, it's not amazing but it's pretty good - a bit repetitive but it can be ominous and opressing in the way they wanted, real kind of hopelessness to it at times.
The sound is frankly, fucking sick - I love good sound. I could play the game again just for the gun on the Owl, the audio when you've slowed down time with a stim pack? Love it. The audiologs out of the controller? Cool.

The gunplay, as per all Killzone games is solid solid solid. It's got 'meat' to it.
I found the game at times a little too easy due to the owl - othertimes a tiny bit too hard - but for the most part it was good (I played on hard, to deliberately get as much out of it as I can)

The ending was......... NOT what I was expecting,... I mean..... I don't know what I expected but not that. I like where they took it.
Some of the art design and concepts /literally/ had my jaw dropped. The scene where you're freefalling through the buildings is off hook and then the concepts on the subsequent level with the graviy wells? Holy shit did that look good and play well, that whole level really did amp up the feeling of the opening 5 minutes of Terminator 1.

I pretty much liked most of the game to be honest. When you consider this is a fucking LAUNCH game that's impressive. It wasn't like a 6 hour run, it didn't devolve into room after room after room of bad guys in a hallway because they ran out of time. The levels all felt pretty much cohesive and solid, fleshed out. There was literally one section about 40 minutes from the end for about 10 minutes where I thought "ok they got time restricted" - that's impressive.

I feel like this game got way too bad a rap from internet whiners who... well I don't know what they expect? Do they expect ALL movies to be a 10/10 Inception quality film? ALL TV shows must be at breaking bad levels? I don't get it. A game can still be a 6/10 or an 8/10 and be good, not everything can attain 10/10

I will re-play KZ:SF within the next 18 months, as I did with KZ2, I'd say that's a pretty good statement about it. I'm just exceptionally lucky that the one game I purchased a PS4 game for was included "free" in my bundle, awesome.

Alienous

Played maybe 2 hours. The game sucks so far, hard. Bad acting. Worse gameplay. Badly designed. The game decides to make me go
zero G
right after teaching me the basic controls. It really, really soured next-gen for me. Just bad.

It's the first time I've felt disappointed in a developer.

derwalde

Finally got my Killzone bundle yesterday. i played the first 4 mission and... why does this game get so much hate? till this point, i just dont get it.

ill admit that the first mission with its open structure could be a bit overwhelming for some players (which are used to corridor gameplay). maybe it shouldve been a later mission. looking forward to continue and jump into the MP.

viveks86

I just finished this game, god fucking damn I'm sick of internet whiners hating on the KZ franchise.

I'd say KZ2 is better - but not by huge amounts. The story in KZ SF is actually quite good, the graphics? At times are you know, quite nice looking, 1080p PS3 stuff, at other times they are holy.fucking.shit graphics.

The music is good, it's not amazing but it's pretty good - a bit repetitive but it can be ominous and opressing in the way they wanted, real kind of hopelessness to it at times.
The sound is frankly, fucking sick - I love good sound. I could play the game again just for the gun on the Owl, the audio when you've slowed down time with a stim pack? Love it. The audiologs out of the controller? Cool.

The gunplay, as per all Killzone games is solid solid solid. It's got 'meat' to it.
I found the game at times a little too easy due to the owl - othertimes a tiny bit too hard - but for the most part it was good (I played on hard, to deliberately get as much out of it as I can)

The ending was......... NOT what I was expecting,... I mean..... I don't know what I expected but not that. I like where they took it.
Some of the art design and concepts /literally/ had my jaw dropped. The scene where you're freefalling through the buildings is off hook and then the concepts on the subsequent level with the graviy wells? Holy shit did that look good and play well, that whole level really did amp up the feeling of the opening 5 minutes of Terminator 1.

I pretty much liked most of the game to be honest. When you consider this is a fucking LAUNCH game that's impressive. It wasn't like a 6 hour run, it didn't devolve into room after room after room of bad guys in a hallway because they ran out of time. The levels all felt pretty much cohesive and solid, fleshed out. There was literally one section about 40 minutes from the end for about 10 minutes where I thought "ok they got time restricted" - that's impressive.

I feel like this game got way too bad a rap from internet whiners who... well I don't know what they expect? Do they expect ALL movies to be a 10/10 Inception quality film? ALL TV shows must be at breaking bad levels? I don't get it. A game can still be a 6/10 or an 8/10 and be good, not everything can attain 10/10

I will re-play KZ:SF within the next 18 months, as I did with KZ2, I'd say that's a pretty good statement about it. I'm just exceptionally lucky that the one game I purchased a PS4 game for was included "free" in my bundle, awesome.

I don't remember the last time I fully agreed with any of your posts. This is a first!

tumblr_mabp8jM0I11rutxg0.gif

Kaswa101

Agreed on all points. It's nowhere nearly as bad as people make it out to be if they actually consider the game for what it is. Haters gonna hate, of course, but I love KZ.

Guys this is my first console FPS game... and dear LORD I'm terrible. I've played for a few hours and I can't aim worth a damn :( What can I do? How do you aim precisely? I know it takes practice but are there any tips here and here you can give me?

Thank you for your time!

for aiming: put sensitivity down in the options menu.

for gameplay: take out alarms with your owl before shooting anything. play stealthy if possible.

wizzbang

Banned

Thank you for your time!

Yep listen to the guy above me, drop the sensitivity and try on the lowest difficulty. I am an ex PC gamer and it takes a little while to adapt - eventually it's pretty simple. You will find yourself playing differently though, using cover more, moving slower - but console FPS is never going to be quakeworld.

samman6

I am getting killed by the alarms in this game, but I can't seem to ever spot the areas where you need to hack them, do all the alarm pods look the same, is there an easy to identify visual marker for them. Maybe I'm just being blind.

Yes, i agree. It's insane what they have achieved for a launch game. Every piece was created and designed from scratch. You are right, the art-direction in this game is mindboggling.

The story was straightforward but not that immersive. I think the first level would have had more impact if it was later in the game (as a memory) for instance.
It would be more impressive if they openend with the part where Lucas was flying over the city and entering the city (the first level they showed at the event back then). You would then get to know more about Lucas during the game. The father level could then be a nightmare or a memory later in the game. It could have been done better too. It was a bit cheesy now.

Then there are the npc's that live in the city. I feel bad for the mothers that gave birth to all the guys looking the same. Hopefully Guerrilla will create an easy to use customising character engine where they can simply edit every npc real fast so they can look different from eachother within a few clicks. Lifeless copies of npc's will take away some of the immersion. It's especially obvious because there was this one awesome character, Echo.

The gameplay was solid as hell. When the use of the owl becomes second nature, the gameplay will get a much better flow.i also loved chapter 8. Great atmosphere and tense gameplay. I always knew what to do and you could choose different ways of doing it. Maybe the best level of the game even.

The guns: they are good, but i missed some guns with a real ridiculous punch. I wanted the revolver back from KZ2. Shotgun was fun to use though. Nice to see what mayhem they could cause in tiny spaces.
I do think we should have the option to choose what two weapons to use at all time (unless there is a specific weapon you should use for crtain objectives). I didn't like the standard gun that much. Well, i liked it, but i just want to choose my own weapons.

The sound is insane, yes. Though sometimes the spoken parts weren't mixed in well.

There was a lot of variety in the levels and in gameplay, but i do feel that it were variations of levels i have played in the past. Sometimes that feels as nostalgic fun, sometimes it feels like uninspired boredom.

I was really happy that i could play a launch game of this quality. And i also hope Guerrilla will get the time they need to make their next killzone game as perfect as they want it to be.

My personal wishlist:
- bring Echo back. In fact, i wouldn't mind if they built the next game around her. Killzone: Echo.
- lot's of different weapons
- better facial animation
- more destructibility
- more animation when it comes to hit detection on enemies. I want to kneecap the fuckers and i want ti see them suffer (sorry bout that).
- better ai (wasn't bad at all, but there were still these awkward moments)
- i'd like them to focus more on their european roots. I understand it's great for them to work with american actors, but i think for the world it would be more interesting to use european actors and focus more on european cinema instead. I really disliked the hollywood bullshit buddy movie vibe from killzone 3. I think it could also lead to more originality within the gaming industry. I wouldn't mind if they spoke german or Dutch. Just subtitle it. Maybe then the american players will pay more attention to what was said, cause some didn't really seem to listen to what was said (judging on people not knowing what to do and not understanding a simple story). Ofcourse i can see why they chose english as the main language..
- let the player choose the weapons. No mandatory weapon unless stricktly needed.
- keep that Misja Baas as lead art-director. Baas means Boss in Dutch, and that name suits him well. Goddman, i can't give enough compliments for the art-direction.

Anyway, good job at creating this game for us to play at launch. I hope you get all the time and recourses you need to make the next games exactly like you want. Although i realise you might also work best with a certain pressure.
I am getting killed by the alarms in this game, but I can't seem to ever spot the areas where you need to hack them, do all the alarm pods look the same, is there an easy to identify visual marker for them. Maybe I'm just being blind.
One of the markers is not a pod but a different item. Only two are pods.

wizzbang

Banned
The gameplay was solid as hell. When the use of the owl becomes second nature, the gameplay will get a much better flow.i also loved chapter 8. Great atmosphere and tense gameplay. I always knew what to do and you could choose different ways of doing it. Maybe the best level of the game even.

The guns: they are good, but i missed some guns with a real ridiculous punch. I wanted the revolver back from KZ2. Shotgun was fun to use though. Nice to see what mayhem they could cause in tiny spaces.
I do think we should have the option to choose what two weapons to use at all time (unless there is a specific weapon you should use for crtain objectives). I didn't like the standard gun that much. Well, i liked it, but i just want to choose my own weapons.

I'd say level 7/8/9 (?) I think are the best in the game, there's a few scenes where you first see all the ships in the ravines / caverns and just go fucking WHOAH you know? - some of the art design, view distance, levels in general, like I knew this was next gen and all but I was kind of not unsatisfied with PS3 visuals, KZ2 and KZ3 are both still very nice games. This game is pimp.
The Owl is fucking great when it flows well, if I could make any criticisms, I'd love to see either more use of the zipline (barely used it in the second half) or more hacking. Also the shield was kind of lame compared to just using the Owl as a distraction - I found only one section where the shield was really important. Still enjoyed the owl though.

I was really happy that i could play a launch game of this quality. And i also hope Guerrilla will get the time they need to make their next killzone game as perfect as they want it to be.

Yep, when you look at shit like kameo, perfect dark zero and so on - this is a pretty fucking fleshed out FPS. I enjoyed this a HELL of a lot more than Halo 1.

My personal wishlist:
- bring Echo back. In fact, i wouldn't mind if they built the next game around her. Killzone: Echo.
- lot's of different weapons
- better facial animation
- more destructibility
- more animation when it comes to hit detection on enemies. I want to kneecap the fuckers and i want ti see them suffer (sorry bout that).
- better ai (wasn't bad at all, but there were still these awkward moments)
- i'd like them to focus more on their european roots. I understand it's great for them to work with american actors, but i think for the world it would be more interesting to use european actors and focus more on european cinema instead. I really disliked the hollywood bullshit buddy movie vibe from killzone 3. I think it could also lead to more originality within the gaming industry. I wouldn't mind if they spoke german or Dutch. Just subtitle it. Maybe then the american players will pay more attention to what was said, cause some didn't really seem to listen to what was said (judging on people not knowing what to do and not understanding a simple story).
- let the player choose the weapons. No mandatory weapon unless stricktly needed.
- keep that Misja Baas as lead art-director. Baas means Boss in Dutch, and that name suits him well. Goddman, i can't give enough compliments for the art-direction.

I agree with most of those, Echo is a good character, I'd play more echo games. I'm kind of a bit dismayed about the jump 30 years and the end of the Sev / Rico era but I can see many reasons why that had to happen. I like the weapons / weapon variety and yes the facial animation is fucking great but just a tiny tiny bit lifeless compared to say Uncharted for example, maybe it's in the eye tracking or skin movements? It's pretty fucking amazing but not mind boggling.

It's a shame these games are constantly panned like they are a C+ or B- grade video game when in reality they are a solid A to A-, sure it's no AAA+++ Uncharted 2 or God of War 3 but honestly, I'm REALLY over FPS personally and yet KZ is my weakness, every couple of years I get to play a solid FPS with slick mechanics.

I was just thinking too, even though KZ3 isn't heralded as amazing, at least 2 sections are fucking AMAZING. The stealth section in the "helgan forest' with the little sniper pistol (very COD SP like) and then the fight against the brawlr, that's off the dial full spec, fucking mind boggling, ESPECIALLY if you're a sound nut, my god that laser beam is fucking devestatingly monstorous, the sound of it is just.... it's droning, it's awful, it's loud and it's taking over the loungeroom and that's exactly what a laser on a 40 story high ultimate weapon mech would sound like.
Love their sound design guys, I try tweeting whichever ones I can find on twitter to tell them they are great.

EDIT: Oh one more thing about jumping to KZ:SF from KZ2 / KZ3 THANK FUCK I don't have to use that complete and utter piece of shit stock VSA gun with the green scope on it as my base weapon. Especially between levels when they'd "steal" your gun on you. I hated that gun, it had the worst audio punch and the worst actual knockdown punch - no balls in that gun at all. Helgan SMG for life.

I'd say level 7/8/9 (?) I think are the best in the game, there's a few scenes where you first see all the ships in the ravines / caverns and just go fucking WHOAH you know? - some of the art design, view distance, levels in general, like I knew this was next gen and all but I was kind of not unsatisfied with PS3 visuals, KZ2 and KZ3 are both still very nice games. This game is pimp.
The Owl is fucking great when it flows well, if I could make any criticisms, I'd love to see either more use of the zipline (barely used it in the second half) or more hacking. Also the shield was kind of lame compared to just using the Owl as a distraction - I found only one section where the shield was really important. Still enjoyed the owl though.

I didn't use the shield much but it came in helpful in some occasions. I also mostly took cover and send the owl out for some distraction. That was also the most fun cause you could run up and kill some of those fuckers with your knife or hands.

I agree with most of those, Echo is a good character, I'd play more echo games. I'm kind of a bit dismayed about the jump 30 years and the end of the Sev / Rico era but I can see many reasons why that had to happen. I like the weapons / weapon variety and yes the facial animation is fucking great but just a tiny tiny bit lifeless compared to say Uncharted for example, maybe it's in the eye tracking or skin movements? It's pretty fucking amazing but not mind boggling.

Yes even in Echo the facial animation could be improved. It's a shame we won't get to see much of her when we play her in first person, come to think of it.

I was just thinking too, even though KZ3 isn't heralded as amazing, at least 2 sections are fucking AMAZING. The stealth section in the "helgan forest' with the little sniper pistol (very COD SP like) and then the fight against the brawlr, that's off the dial full spec, fucking mind boggling, ESPECIALLY if you're a sound nut, my god that laser beam is fucking devestatingly monstorous, the sound of it is just.... it's droning, it's awful, it's loud and it's taking over the loungeroom and that's exactly what a laser on a 40 story high ultimate weapon mech would sound like.
Love their sound design guys, I try tweeting whichever ones I can find on twitter to tell them they are great.

Oh the game wasn't horrible or anything. I just didn't like the overall direction. It had some great levels. I also liked the Move functionality.

Can't wait to see what their next IP is all about...

The story was straightforward but not that immersive. I think the first level would have had more impact if it was later in the game (as a memory) for instance.
It would be more impressive if they openend with the part where Lucas was flying over the city and entering the city (the first level they showed at the event back then). You would then get to know more about Lucas during the game. The father level could then be a nightmare or a memory later in the game. It could have been done better too. It was a bit cheesy now.

I thought the whole intro needed a rethink. They probably needed a bit of a story recap like Mercenary has for those unfamiliar with the universe. The whole operation of evacuating Vektans from the New Helghast side of the planet seems a mess if it's handled by the opposing military and Lucas's dad had to sneak out because of reasons. The way it's shown seems more like an invasion/occupation that would lead to a full scale military conflict rather than a cold war situation. They could have made it so that the Helghast killing Lucas' father wasn't just military killing a civilian by including a line indicating that they thought he was the one who shot the soldier that Sinclair killed ("this must be the fucker that killed <Helghan name>"). Maybe they could also mistake the stun gun for a real gun. This makes things a bit greyer and although Sinclair saves Lucas he's also responsible for his father's death.

The following sequences of Kellan's life in fast forward were awkwardly done. Joining the Shadow Marshalls could have been expanded upon to be the tutorial level for your abilities and had some world-building. The interrogation and prisoner exchange sequence didn't really serve a purpose to me other than briefly introducing Echo. It's not like you get to play the mission where Kellan gets captured or anything and it takes away some of the impact of the part where he gets captured and tortured again.

I thought the whole intro needed a rethink. They probably needed a bit of a story recap like Mercenary has for those unfamiliar with the universe. The whole operation of evacuating Vektans from the New Helghast side of the planet seems a mess if it's handled by the opposing military and Lucas's dad had to sneak out because of reasons. The way it's shown seems more like an invasion/occupation that would lead to a full scale military conflict rather than a cold war situation. They could have made it so that the Helghast killing Lucas' father wasn't just military killing a civilian by including a line indicating that they thought he was the one who shot the soldier that Sinclair killed ("this must be the fucker that killed <Helghan name>"). Maybe they could also mistake the stun gun for a real gun. This makes things a bit greyer and although Sinclair saves Lucas he's also responsible for his father's death.

The following sequences of Kellan's life in fast forward were awkwardly done. Joining the Shadow Marshalls could have been expanded upon to be the tutorial level for your abilities and had some world-building. The interrogation and prisoner exchange sequence didn't really serve a purpose to me other than briefly introducing Echo. It's not like you get to play the mission where Kellan gets captured or anything and it takes away some of the impact of the part where he gets captured and tortured again.
Yes the whole build up was a shame. There were better ways to really get to know him and feel for him i think. Hopefully they can do something like that for Echo. She seems to have an interesting history and future.

Yes the whole build up was a shame. There were better ways to really get to know him and feel for him i think. Hopefully they can do something like that for Echo. She seems to have an interesting history and future.

Yeah, it sort of reminds me of R:FOM just dropping you into the action after the intro cutscene being really jarring. Then later I saw in Insomniac's Resistance retrospective that there was going to be a section before that on an aircraft carrier to set things up but it had to be cut for launch. Who knows what was cut from Shadowfall as well. Even if it is very impressive for a launch game I feel KZ2 came out the best because they took that extra time with it, KZ3 and SF both seemed to be more rushed to release.

Totally agreed... wish the game also had the flamethrower.
[brag] Also dropping mines here, if you guys haven't been keeping up with KZ twitter account. [/brag] :p
Excellent shots, they definitely do a great job showing off how stellar the art direction is in this game.

Edit: oh and, happy holidays errbody.

There were a number of excellent set pieces in Shadow Fall. One that is not really mentioned much is in Chapter 8 when you are
climbing through what turns out to be an unstable building and suddenly half of if breaks away, right in front of you, and falls to the ground. Then you climb down and engage the mech in the rubble of the building.
My subwoofer was blowing up the room when the
building crashed to the ground.
I was really impressed by the scale of it all. The visuals in Chapter 8 were excellent, the gameplay was a bit slow though, IMO.

Melchiah

Good post, and I totally agree with it. I'm pretty sure the game wouldn't be judged so harshly, if it was a multiplatform title, considering how COD/BF get away with many flaws in their gameplay and story. People still associate Killzone as a "Halo killer", something designed to go straight against Microsoft's top franchise. Eventhough the term was coined by the game press, not Guerrilla/Sony. And it seems to be judged based on that misconception.

*bro-fist*

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I hope GG sees this page. Seems like the people that actually like the game are finally posting.

EDIT: Oh one more thing about jumping to KZ:SF from KZ2 / KZ3 THANK FUCK I don't have to use that complete and utter piece of shit stock VSA gun with the green scope on it as my base weapon. Especially between levels when they'd "steal" your gun on you. I hated that gun, it had the worst audio punch and the worst actual knockdown punch - no balls in that gun at all. Helgan SMG for life.

I've been loving all of your impressions until right here. You don't talk shit about the M82. Best assault rifle ever.

JawzPause

Solid 7/10 campaign for me. Beautiful game with good gameplay but the story sucked major ass. It's such a shame seing as the Killzone universe actually seems rich with possibilities but GG continue to suck at portraying stories in their games.
Hopefully their new IP will wow me through its gameplay, graphics and through its story.
Now, if only they would hurry up and release the soundtrack. ..

Solid 7/10 campaign for me. Beautiful game with good gameplay but the story sucked major ass. It's such a shame seing as the Killzone universe actually seems rich with possibilities but GG continue to suck at portraying stories in their games.
Hopefully their new IP will wow me through its gameplay, graphics and through its story.
Now, if only they would hurry up and release the soundtrack. ..

7 for me also, the story is a joke but I do like Maya as a character, KZ universe can be star wars like, I want more, I want to see more of it, the story is a joke.

wizzbang

Banned
I've been loving all of your impressions until right here. You don't talk shit about the M82. Best assault rifle ever.

You can't be serious? It's one of the worst guns in video game history in KZ2 and mildly usable in KZ3. It's such a bland sounding, weak, piece of shit gun. Honestly it's actually a slight on the games it's so bad.

Vizzeh

Banned
Has anyone had any issues with a multiplayer judder.. specifically when running but in general anyway, nearly makes me dizzy, altho just noticed it and havent played much multi. Single player runs sweet as a nut, as does bf4 (for the most part)

You can't be serious? It's one of the worst guns in video game history in KZ2 and mildly usable in KZ3. It's such a bland sounding, weak, piece of shit gun. Honestly it's actually a slight on the games it's so bad.

OMG

soooo wrong

M82 in Killzone3 is one of the finest rifles in gaming and they F'ed it up in Mercenary…at least as far as sound design.

wizzbang

Banned
M82 and rumbler are way too OP

Guerilla gives way too much love to the main ISA rifle every game

OMG

soooo wrong

M82 in Killzone3 is one of the finest rifles in gaming and they F'ed it up in Mercenary…at least as far as sound design.

What fucking WORLD AM I IN?
The gun sounds like utter garbage shit in KZ2 and it's weak as motherfucking piss in KZ2, mildly better in 3, mildly. It's SO god awful bad, it's Quake 2 blaster bad. It's an awful awful gun. The SMG in KZ2 is a real gun, good lord is the M82 is a piece of rubbish.

What fucking WORLD AM I IN?
The gun sounds like utter garbage shit in KZ2 and it's weak as motherfucking piss in KZ2, mildly better in 3, mildly. It's SO god awful bad, it's Quake 2 blaster bad. It's an awful awful gun. The SMG in KZ2 is a real gun, good lord is the M82 is a piece of rubbish.

Agree to disagree then :)

The SMG in KZ2 is a real gun

Truth

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've never met a Killzone fan who didn't adore the M82.

The M82 is mildly useable? That gun was the shit. It was like the M4 in Counter-strike for me. By far my most used gun as I played a lot of tactician and medic. Great for hip fire at short and medium range and nice sights for long range.

I'm in shock anyone likes the gun, blown the fuck away. I figured the improvements in KZ3 were due to direct criticism of how awful the gun is in KZ2.

I have never heard anyone say the M82 was a bad gun until now. I've always found it to be a great gun; good hip fire for close-mid range and incredibly easy to get headshots with when ADS. And I've always seen people post nothing but praise for it online.

Top Bottom