• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

Mezoly

I will post this here because I don't have the patience for shit-posting, so sorry for that :D

I was kind of surprised by Colins shallow analysis of the ResiVII sales on PS I love You. Not that I am saying that Capcom is necessarily thrilled by the numbers, but simply looking at Resi V and VI sales and compare them directly makes no sense. Change of market realities. Momentum trajectory of the franchise (V coming off of one of the best games of alltime. VI subsequently falling in sales and "bombing" critically, etc..). Huh. Greg picked up the slack at least somewhat, so there is that!

Also: His comment on Banner Saga was obviously not based on any research on the topic. Bummer.

(When I talk about shit-posting I mean responses like "Well.. of course his analysis is crap, because Coling SUCKS!". I am well aware that my post is rather negative :D)

If we don't know the budgets for 6 & 7 the whole sold copies argument is moot. I think 7 costed less in development and marketing so it might have a bigger profit margin. I hope Capcom is happy with RE7 because I like this new direction.

I get you regarding shit-posting. I'm usually negative in this thread and positive in the PS I love You thread because I feel people in the community thread are fans and bring more constructive criticism as opposed to the gaming side which is might as well be named EasyAllies OT2 (I love easy allies btw but the name dropping there feels like fan advertisement)

Choomp

Banned
That's pretty cool! Pence seems pretty chill.

It's so cool that they know him. As a huge baseball fan it's awesome to get a perspective of what it's like playing in the bigs from a somewhat nerdy guy. Pence would be one of my favorite non-Mets regardless of him knowing the Kinda Funny guys, too. He's like the craziest dude in the league.

Update to this: Tim said during the KFMS that they lost the episode. There's video, but no audio. :(

I guess, there's a first time for everything. Hopefully they can keep this from happening again. Pete will come back for a 1 on 1 with Greg. Tim said the episode was fantastic.

Also, the monthly Patreon exclusive videos are up. In the Kinda Funny one, Colin does a 1 on 1 with a roboticist. In the Kinda Funny Games one, Greg does a 1 on 1 with Chris Tilton, a composer of video game music.

Update to this: Tim said during the KFMS that they lost the episode. There's video, but no audio. :(

I guess, there's a first time for everything. Hopefully they can keep this from happening again. Pete will come back for a 1 on 1 with Greg. Tim said the episode was fantastic.

Also, the monthly Patreon exclusive videos are up. In the Kinda Funny one, Colin does a 1 on 1 with a roboticist. In the Kinda Funny Games one, Greg does a 1 on 1 with Chris Tilton, a composer of video game music.

wat

The only detractor to this morning show business (that I assumed would be the case as soon as it was announced) is the amount of Colin & Tim episodes would go down. They already weren't common. They're my favorite duo since they're just so different from each other.

The only detractor to this morning show business (that I assumed would be the case as soon as it was announced) is the amount of Colin & Tim episodes would go down. They already weren't common. They're my favorite duo since they're just so different from each other.

It's funny, I saw so many comments about how Colin/Nick is the best duo. Personally, I like every combo, but the Nick/Tim combos are often the most fun, as they really goof off. There are so many "fun clipz" when they host together.

Icolin

Banned
This is his best Colin Was Right yet. He did a good job digging up comments from devs and doing research on the economics of development. It's not often people do stuff like that.

I'm sure the official thread will be full of totally reasonable discourse as a result.
Check the thread now. It's an absolute mess of baseless accusations towards Colin, and people shitting on Neil Druckmann for liking the video.

ST2K

Check the thread now. It's an absolute mess of baseless accusations towards Colin, and people shitting on Neil Druckmann for liking the video.

That sounds about right. GAF seems determined to live up to every negative stereotype it gets, as of late.

So uh... is the latest Colin Was Right thread the way all their threads (or maybe just Colin's) turn out?

Colin's, yeah. It's clockwork at this point.

Olly88

That sounds about right. GAF seems determined to live up to every negative stereotype it gets, as of late.

Colin's, yeah. It's clockwork at this point.

Heh. I'm not surprised that the majority of people on here (that post anyway) aren't fans of his, but the level of vitriol and ridiculousness in that thread is crazy.

I'm almost surprised no one brought up Rami Ismail's tweet of support of the video in that thread.

Edit- I just posted a screen shot of the tweet.

Edit 2- And some people are saying Rami probably didn't watch the whole video.

Mezoly

Gotta say I'm really enjoying Kinda Funny content this year. I was a little burnt on their stuff at the end of last year but with Colin Was Right and better topics on their podcasts and let's plays there is a lot that interest me.

Icolin

Banned
A 1-2 Switch Let's Play with Greg and Kojima is going up today.

C3uiR1yVUAAolcB.jpg:large

Can't wait.

ST2K

Good to see Colin re-engaging with the PSILY thread. Hopefully it will lead to a more civil tone in that thread.

Also, finally reduced my pledges. It's weird not to get podcasts early! Do you guys usually watch the individual segments or wait for it all to go up?

Good to see Colin re-engaging with the PSILY thread. Hopefully it will lead to a more civil tone in that thread.

Also, finally reduced my pledges. It's weird not to get podcasts early! Do you guys usually watch the individual segments or wait for it all to go up?

Individual segments. I can wait. It's just too expensive for me, considering it's not an exclusive thing. My $1 (on both) goes a long way (with the monthly exclusives, the recent month-long exclusivity of KFL2, the studio party, etc.). I do the same with Easy Allies (Cup of Jones there is at the $1 level and is really the only video exclusive, the rest of the stuff is Q&A's in Google Hangouts and early podcasts).

ALERT! Kinda Funny Live 2 is available to non-Patrons now! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l6IHWmvlHE&feature=youtu.be

Posted it in the PS I Love You thread but will do so again here just incase. If you have issues view it on mobile outside the US, either watch it on a computer/laptop or use the workarounds in this thread https://kindafunnyforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10166&p=182590 please let me know if any don't work in your country/device and will update it.

Karu

I'll wait for the individuals. I was one argueing for not splitting them up in the first place, what, three, four years ago now, at the very beginning? But man... that was probably their best decision in regards to the GoG (Less so for Gamescast) #timemanagement :D

I pay EZA for early cast, but opposed to Gamescast that's also way more news-focused and topical. A fact that makes the timed-exclusivety kinda ridiclious, but what can you do...

Watched KFL2 and man... for a second I was really "upset" when Tim constantly cut away from the PRvVoltron trailer like the sucky Sony-worker does every year like clockwork during E3, but then I remembered that the show and trailer is old. All good. :D

Choomp

Banned
Can we talk about the thing on Twitter last night with Colin and that Bob Mackey guy? It seems more and more like Colin is kind of disliked by his peers, and while I can see it, I still like Colin a lot...

Icolin

Banned
Can we talk about the thing on Twitter last night with Colin and that Bob Mackey guy? It seems more and more like Colin is kind of disliked by his peers, and while I can see it, I still like Colin a lot...

That guy's disliked and shit on Colin for years (like this and this), and this is the first time Colin's responded, so I don't think it's that his peers dislike him more and more or anything like that.

Here's what Colin said about this situation on the Morning Show.

And about the bolded in your post; it's not over yet on Bob's side. Colin's done though.

Choomp

Banned
Don't get me wrong, the dude sucks, but I don't know how I feel about either side of the situation. I've been getting shaky vibes about how people have been talking to Colin on twitter for a while

Mezoly

Don't get me wrong, the dude sucks, but I don't know how I feel about either side of the situation. I've been getting shaky vibes about how people have been talking to Colin on twitter for a while

Honestly it has to do with politics. Games media are overwhelmingly left leaning and they were fine with Colin during Obama's years. Now with Trump presidency they are going to be less fine with him and more aggressive.

Jerm411

Colin and Justin Davis' (IGN) interactions have always been...unique to me. They seem to get along fine but he's always commenting on Colin's beefs or tweets and a lot of the time it's passive aggressive. Just odd lol....

That guy's disliked and shit on Colin for years (like this and this), and this is the first time Colin's responded, so I don't think it's that his peers dislike him more and more or anything like that.

Here's what Colin said about this situation on the Morning Show.

And about the bolded in your post; it's not over yet on Bob's side. Colin's done though.

Outside of this Bob dude, he does seem to get called out or get into arguments with his peers a lot. Off the top of my head Goldfarb, Miranda Sanchez, Brian Altano, Danny O'Dwyer and Mitch Dyer have had run-ins with him on Twitter. I just think Twitter is the worst possible platform for a guy like Colin to get his opinions across properly.

Icolin

Banned
Outside of this Bob dude, he does seem to get called out or get into arguments with his peers a lot. Off the top of my head Goldfarb, Miranda Sanchez, Brian Altano, Danny O'Dwyer and Mitch Dyer have had run-ins with him on Twitter. I just think Twitter is the worst possible platform for a guy like Colin to get his opinions across properly.

Twitter's the worst possible platform for pretty much anyone to get their opinions across properly, let alone Colin.

RoKKeR

Castlevania: SOTN is on sale on XBL, think I might have to pick it up. Colin is pretty consistent in his emphatic love of this game, so I figure it'd be neat to check out a piece of gaming history.

Choomp

Banned
Colin and Justin Davis' (IGN) interactions have always been...unique to me. They seem to get along fine but he's always commenting on Colin's beefs or tweets and a lot of the time it's passive aggressive. Just odd lol....

That is kind of what I was referring to as well. I feel like there's some bitterness hid there.

I don't know, I love me some good drama, and this one seemed really personal so I was interested.

Jerm411

That is kind of what I was referring to as well. I feel like there's some bitterness hid there.

I don't know, I love me some good drama, and this one seemed really personal so I was interested.

A lot of it seems to come from IGN guys....which makes me wonder if there's resentment for them leaving and starting KF.

I'm probably way off base but it's super intriguing to me....lol it's more than likely a nothing story to think about but I'll always wonder in the back of my head.

ST2K

Castlevania: SOTN is on sale on XBL, think I might have to pick it up. Colin is pretty consistent in his emphatic love of this game, so I figure it'd be neat to check out a piece of gaming history.

It's an excellent video game that any fan of the medium should check out. I'm not even a fan of Castlevania or Metroid and I still say that.

Honestly it has to do with politics. Games media are overwhelmingly left leaning and they were fine with Colin during Obama's years. Now with Trump presidency they are going to be less fine with him and more aggressive.

Yup. It's interesting to watch how the dynamics between the left and the right change depending on who's in power.

Choomp

Banned
A lot of it seems to come from IGN guys....which makes me wonder if there's resentment for them leaving and starting KF.

I know speculating about this stuff is petty and stupid, but I think there is. I remember Altano tweeted something at him a while back accusing him of shitting on them and the people at IGN in response to a dumb joke. I really like Colin. Like I really appreciate him, cause I think I'm seeing a very relatable character struggle in how he operates, but I can see there being a very divisive way about being with him normally.

I know speculating about this stuff is petty and stupid, but I think there is. I remember Altano tweeted something at him a while back accusing him of shitting on them and the people at IGN in response to a dumb joke. I really like Colin. Like I really appreciate him, cause I think I'm seeing a very relatable character struggle in how he operates, but I can see there being a very divisive way about being with him normally.

To be fair, a lot of the industry guys and girls (e.g. Goldfarb, Alexa) he might have had some heat with has resolved pretty quick. IIRC Max also apologized. I'm sure it's not uncommon to have heated debates with colleagues, especially if you're on opposing sides of the political spectrum. It's just most get resolved like adults, and there's no mean spirit in it at all. I'm sure there have been DMs or IRL convo that have settled it.

The Bob Mackay one is different of course, but that isn't surprising since the guy was just crapping on Colin for years unprovoked, and Colin has every right to respond to him after the things he said.

The Bob Mackay one is different of course, but that isn't surprising since the guy was just crapping on Colin for years unprovoked, and Colin has every right to respond to him after the things he said.

He still doesn't deserve the threats and so forth from the Kinda Funny "community". That shit really does not help garner Colin any sympathy imo.

Karu

Someone in the CWR thread was talking about how we should beat up high school republicans, so just... whatever. :-/ :D
If you press him it was probably all tongue and cheek, but it's not like those folk would grant Colin that right :p

Top Bottom