• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

OmegaDL50

Akuma is fighting mishima's atm now while its the non satan one, depending on how that goes outside of actual deities that kind of put him over... A lot of the kof roster. Tekken characters...are deceptively powerful.

Speaking of which, i want kof x tekken. So I can play as leo the closest thing to rock howard im going to get at this point.

Considering KOF games had characters like Rugal, Goenitz, or even Nightmare Geese, I'm not even sure Akuma is that much higher over the KOF cast.

As you said, it's pointless bringing up godlike beings such as Orochi for example.

Numb

Akuma is fighting mishima's atm now while its the non satan one, depending on how that goes outside of actual deities that kind of put him over... A lot of the kof roster. Tekken characters...are deceptively powerful.

Speaking of which, i want kof x tekken. So I can play as leo the closest thing to rock howard im going to get at this point.

Tekken x KOF
Already better than TxSF

BadWolf

Btw, during her SDM in previous KOFs, Angel:

states that she is "Angel, 19 years old, a somewhat playful/naughty girl" (in the fashion of a suggestive personal advertisement).

In XIV, it sounds like she says the line during her Climax DM and the 'hug' happens during the part when she says she's playful/naughty.

Oh and via SRK:

MAugDUM.png

Via Dreamcancel, someone has edited out the gameplay for Mian, Mature, Zarina, Angel and Ramon from the French presentation:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DGaZyazx13c
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qSGHRxMBeOc

Warxard

Banned

Geese could beat all of the Mishimas free.

Jinpachi the only one that would give him a run for his money.

Loona

I'd like to think that too, but I could imagine some Death Battle arguments about Geese dying from the Real Bout drop from the Geese Tower while Kazuya and Heihachi have survived their drops at each other's hands and climbed their way back up...

Speaking of Geese, it would be fun if in a future game Mai got some counters like his, considering she'll be in DoA, and that kind of counter is a staple of that game's system...

Mista Koo

Now that's a good idea. The character designs would perfectly fit together!

Really weird, they nerfed King Of Dinosaurs name @__@
It is weird to have a character called King of Dinosaurs in a game called King of Fighters with another character named King.

BadWolf

say it ain't so

It ain't so.

Dinosaur is the short form for in game purposes, much like they only use 'Kyo' instead of his full name when listed as a team member during a round etc.

King of Dinosaurs is the full name, you can see it in his profile on the official site.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
one of the issues this tierlist helps you with

riWNz.jpg

truly the only tierlist needed

lolololololol

It ain't so.

Dinosaur is the short form for in game purposes, much like they only use 'Kyo' instead of his full name when listed as a team member during a round etc.

King of Dinosaurs is the full name, you can see it in his profile on the official site.
Yeah they probably shortened it up due UI space.

BTW does anyone know if the build at EVO will be the latest 48 char build?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
BTW does anyone know if the build at EVO will be the latest 48 char build?

Many signs point to "Yes":
  • It has un..trailered characters, but this didn't stop Hein and Yuri from being shown in the 36 build.
  • Atlus mentioned the latest build would be at Evo... would be weird to do that for the "old" 36.
  • Since KOF station is suppose to be mid-month... would make sense to premiere it right before / during Evo, just like the last one premiered during E3, right?
The signs against it:
  • Oda avoided showing off anyone non-trailered at Japan Expo.
  • It looked like the whole game up on stage... story mode, training, and everything. That's kinda crazy to stick onto a show-floor with open access. Some dudes would totally beat story mode and have it up on YouTube, lol.

I hope they show off many characters / stages WED with the release of KoF station, to give them a chance to "spoil" things themselves before EVO, and then Evo is a special version of the build with only VS available. That could all be much too complicated though, so we'll just have to wait and see.

HotHamBoy

I'm so glad this game was able to rise above the whole graphics issue because it looks fantastic. That said...

WHERE'S VENESSA, YOU MONSTERS??

Akuma is cool or whatever but I feel like Dan is the SF character they should add, if any. I mean, that would be amazing.

Loona

Off topic, but came across this today, is a fun summary of KoF's story.

http://glux2.tumblr.com/post/147162001768/all-right-i-wasnt-going-to-do-this-but-i

Kinda messed up on the cosplayer Kyoko bit regarding the colors, but I guess that's a by-product of using random artwork, fanart and screenshots.

Akuma is cool or whatever but I feel like Dan is the SF character they should add, if any. I mean, that would be amazing.

He already had a pretty fun presence in the SvCs - it was fun how his super taunt in MotM mimicked characters from both companies, and how in Chaos everyone mistook him for Robert.

Loona

Sorry if already posted, but there's a free Neo-Esaka Ps4 theme in the european stores. Has it's own music as well.

Found it: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...heme/cid=EP4062-CUSA05461_00-ETH0000000000488

Wasn't easy... in the process of poking around the site, I found these for the PS3 mostly based on XIII which I used to have, and only ever discovered through the store itself back in the day:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ghters|bucket~games:game_content_type~themes|

Scotia

Banned
Just read the PSN UK page for KOFXIV and it says pre-ordering gets you a Nightmare Geese skin as well as the Classic Kyo. Was Nightmare Geese known?

Loona

Just read the PSN UK page for KOFXIV and it says pre-ordering gets you a Nightmare Geese skin as well as the Classic Kyo. Was Nightmare Geese known?

Hadn't been mentioned before... now I wonder what happens if you've already preordered physical, since only classic Kyo was mentioned for those versions...

Amedo310

Village

Not only would the mishimias rock a lot ofof the roster including geese and terry, particularly those who have satan powers. Though they problably wouldnt even need to do that.

We dont even have to get those, ill put money on normal tekken characters beating kof dudes. The strength level in tekken land is deceptive

Paul and hworang bops most of the kof roster free.

one of the issues this tierlist helps you with

riWNz.jpg

truly the only tierlist needed
I have two teir lists

One says "looks like they are from katekyo hitman reborn"
And the two new china kids on top

And " is human shadow the hedgehog" and k is at the top and everyone else in the corner

You serious? Didnt know that

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Man ... SNK, Atlus and Deep Silver are doing such a fantastic job promoting KOF.
It's kinda surreal to be honest @_@

Tizoc

Maybe it'll mostly give him a halo over his head and energy trail around his feet like in the older games, and slightly different hakama?
Meh
If youre gonna give me shirtless geese as base, you gotta intice me with president geese if u want me to form over money for alts dlc

Top Bottom