• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

shaowebb

The pillow toss isn't a charge move iirc.

The lunge punch and the anti-air move are charge.

For real? Oh wow then he's even closer to Raiden Dropkick footsies than I thought...or maybe Shen Woo? Either is super good really and a chargeable AA should be sick on wakeup.

For the record you mean these...
6rMyg4i.gif
wpy1P39.gif

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It really doesn't, forget SF. It has its own OT and weekly hate threads.

Focus on KOF in the thread.
Yeah, if there's any SF Digs, they'll be subtle and 90s company VS appropriate, heh.

I really hope Joe has a normal that causes opponents to stand up on hit (ala Kyo's cr. HP) because otherwise he is at a pretty big disadvantage with those new kick command normals whiffing on crouchers.

I'd hope that one of them forces stand when done, so that the other is a guaranteed hit. Guess we'll have to see how that works out...

DandyJ's guide is essential, also please post the shortcuts and alternate motions for HCB motions, supers etc. (or link to the thread on the dreamcancel forum and their wiki section).

I think Laban mentioned wanting to make tutorial videos as well so it would be nice if those were added later too.

So yeah, a focus on hype and help for new players would be nice :)

Links if you see them! I agree this stuff is important. There's a lot we assume people just kinda... know in this series, but this is a first for many players. Need to make the transition as painless as possible.

C'mon man, if we start pulling jokes then how can we expect others not to do the same instead of taking the game seriously :p
It's a defense tactic! Though it was kinda fun to think of them, it's definitely the wrong way to theme the thing, to me.

Good lord for someone who writes friggin' ARTICLES for posts can't think up how to write an OT?
Fine I'll write up a draft for you.
I'm too lazy for this ish!

Just being careful I don't run into a tangent that's not appreciated or needed! Wanna do what's best for the game, y'know?

Story shmory, KoF 02 UM had 60+ characters and it released on Steam for under $20ish and goes ons ale regularly.
People expecting Story from a fighting game, particularly this one, don't really know what they want or going in for.
It's like expecting a story from friggin' Tekken.

My sisters used to love watching me play Tekken, and they'd watch all the endings. That was THE thing whenever I'd rent the series back in the day. Cosplayers and lore-mongers probably have done more to keep KoF relevant with the semi-mainstream over the years than any tourneys that have occurred over the years.

Talking about how each character seems to have 25 unique voiced "generic" win quotes, and possibly around 10 "Character specific" ones that play on the "WINNER!" screen, they obviously put a lot of money into lore building this time too, even outside story mode.

There's definitely merit and focus on this kind of stuff.

EDIT: For that matter stop praising and hyping the 50 character roster, it's a wonder not many are TURNED OFF by there being a large cast of characters.

Naaa. There's people who don't look at it and say "OMG, HOW WILL I LEARN ALL THOSE MATCHUPS!?!?"... instead, they say "Damn, that's a LOT for the money! I'll give this a shot, even if I've never played one before!" I think it's similar to thinking that an RPG shouldn't tout having 50 hrs of gameplay in it's marketing, because spending that much time with a game might be negative to some; It's still much more of a positive to a larger audience.

I'd love to see a bit of artwork for the OT, official or fan

Edit: Also, a couple links to Juicebox's videos on KOF's systems would be cool

If you have some favorite / recommended Juicebox vids, let me know!

-------

*Fersis FistBump*

*Definitely need to get the King of Data app stuff there, thanks, BadWolf!*

@ Loona: All great ideas and points, thanks! Gotta take a look in community too (I really only look there for Weekly Toonami stuff...)

As far as the story stuff... either way, really. This is a lore revival, and a company revival, so saying a little on both, that sets the stage on what's to come is probably good.

Anyone know if they made a KoF XIII equivalent to this? Sticking a few lines in something like this as an animated gif would probably serve well.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
canvas2.png

It's somewhere in MMCafe. You have to be a member of the site to use it.

Cool, I thought I saw one somewhere back then, thanks! I'm actually not a member of MMCafe, but I think I might just use the setup as inspiration, rather than direct use.

Telling the story of this OT in an SNK approved way totally makes sense to me, y'know?

hqdefault.jpg
138420-samurai-shodown-iv-amakusa-s-revenge-neo-geo-screenshot-charlotte.png

BadWolf

For real? Oh wow then he's even closer to Raiden Dropkick footsies than I thought...or maybe Shen Woo? Either is super good really and a chargeable AA should be sick on wakeup.

For the record you mean these...

Yup, it's those moves.

EDIT: For that matter stop praising and hyping the 50 character roster, it's a wonder not many are TURNED OFF by there being a large cast of characters.

lol, guess launching with a tiny roster is a good thing now.

A 50 character roster is definitely something to brag about, especially when it comes to KOF.

Links if you see them! I agree this stuff is important. There's a lot we assume people just kinda... know in this series, but this is a first for many players. Need to make the transition as painless as possible.

Shortcuts and buffering techniques Quick Reference
Dreamcancel KOFXIV Wiki

Juicebox vids:

Throws, Alternate Guard, and Quickrise
Jumps, Running, and Backdashes
Rolls, Blowbacks, and Guard Cancels
The Button Hold Trick
Shortcuts and Input Tricks
Projectiles
Spacing
Throw OS/Empty Jump Low
Effective Mixups

Loona

My sisters used to love watching me play Tekken, and they'd watch all the endings. That was THE thing whenever I'd rent the series back in the day. Cosplayers and lore-mongers probably have done more to keep KoF relevant with the semi-mainstream over the years than any tourneys that have occurred over the years.

Talking about how each character seems to have 25 unique voiced "generic" win quotes, and possibly around 10 "Character specific" ones that play on the "WINNER!" screen, they obviously put a lot of money into lore building this time too, even outside story mode.

There's definitely merit and focus on this kind of stuff.

Amen! Maybe no need to quantify stuff like quotes, but acknowledging stuff like a FF veteran like Tung training a new generation of KoF protagonists in a game with Nakoruru and former pachinko characters in it in what appears to lead to SNK Crisis on Infinite Earths while some more grounded stories and still in effect can carry some weight, not to mention whatever's going on with Antonov's claims (my money's on Street Smart, but who knows).

@ Loona: All great ideas and points, thanks! Gotta take a look in community too (I really only look there for Weekly Toonami stuff...)

Looks like it's already sort of claimed: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450653

As far as the story stuff... either way, really. This is a lore revival, and a company revival, so saying a little on both, that sets the stage on what's to come is probably good.

I can't help but wonder if there'll be more interesting revelations in a KoF Station video before release that could help with this, we'll see...

Anyone know if they made a KoF XIII equivalent to this? Sticking a few lines in something like this as an animated gif would probably serve well.

http://mmcafe.com/quotemaker/kof13i/ - apparently it requires a Madman's Cafe BBS account, and the username must be in lowercase to access it.

Example, although you can tweak a lot:

WA.png

Amedo310

Thanks so much for this. I was procrastinating trying to find some on my own. Still can't find any setups with Mai because most things are a soft knockdown.

I got you covered. Here are a few safe-jump I came with Mai against Kyo. I need to test them up against the other cast as well.

1. A 2 bar corner combo into safe-jump: Starter combo into quick max, cl. C, qcb+A, qcb+AC, qcb+C (2 hits), qcf(x2)+AC, b+AB (back roll), fowrward jump, air db+D: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaTA3hOWwGg

2. A 2 bar anywhere combo into safe-jump. Starter combo into quick max, cl. C, qcb+AC, qcb+A, qcf(x2)+AC, AB, vertical short-hop, air db+D: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm5yDkChoXQ

- The safe-jump will beat Kyo's dp+A, which will give Mai a counter hit. The safe-jump will lose to Kyo's Ex dp, which has invincible start-up. Both Kyo's dp+A and ex dp have 4 frames of start-up, but the ex dp's start-up frames are invincible.

3. A 1 Bar Mid-screen combo reset into safe-jump. Starter combo into quick max, cl. C, qcb+AC, hcf+BD, cl. A, hyper hop, air db+D: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUXGJ4cL_ug

- Same as #2.

4. Regular D grab into safe-jump. Works anywhere on the screen. Regular cl. D grab, forward hyper hop, air db+D: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UFVXdiQcSk

Tizoc

Yup, it's those moves.

lol, guess launching with a tiny roster is a good thing now.

A 50 character roster is definitely something to brag about, especially when it comes to KOF.

Actualy let me rephrase that:
KoF 14 has 50 characters.

So what?
MvC2 has 56 characters
KoF 02 UM has 60+ characters
UMvC3 has around 48ish characters
Melty Blood has 100 characters (I'm joking here as each 'Groove' alters how a character plays despite keeping some of their base moves)

It just doesn't sound like a big deal IMO; what's far far far more important is the average gamer being interested in how it PLAYS and how easy it is for them to get into the game. Not to mention the online, that's important too, though I'm feeling optimistic about it somewhat.

Single player content? GG Xrd S and R had good single player content and they're on PS4.
Dozens and Dozens of fighting games released on console and are even available legally via Humblebundle and Steam that have decent single player content as well.

Really, Single player content in a fighting game could be beaten in a week's time; Fighting games are more about their competitive nature, in that one plays it with others.

I misworded my prior post, so I apologize for that, but I strongly suggest focusing on encouraging the average GAFfer or anyone that has an interest in this game to get this game for the gameplay and combat system.

Mind you, and as I have posted prior before, I worry that this game's system is what'll determine whether it'll stay in the FG scene spotlight for long, I mean KoF 13 wasn't among the finals this EVO '16.

Loona

Really, Single player content in a fighting game could be beaten in a week's time; Fighting games are more about their competitive nature, in that one plays it with others.

Most games can be beaten in a week's time, and not everyone has access to a competitive scene. Ever notice how many whole countries never get mentioned in fighting game sites, articles or threads all over the net?...

BadWolf

Actualy let me rephrase that:
KoF 14 has 50 characters.

So what?
MvC2 has 56 characters
KoF 02 UM has 60+ characters
UMvC3 has around 48ish characters
Melty Blood has 100 characters (I'm joking here as each 'Groove' alters how a character plays despite keeping some of their base moves)

It just doesn't sound like a big deal IMO; what's far far far more important is the average gamer being interested in how it PLAYS and how easy it is for them to get into the game. Not to mention the online, that's important too, though I'm feeling optimistic about it somewhat.

Single player content? GG Xrd S and R had good single player content and they're on PS4.
Dozens and Dozens of fighting games released on console and are even available legally via Humblebundle and Steam that have decent single player content as well.

I misworded my prior post, so I apologize for that, but I strongly suggest focusing on encouraging the average GAFfer or anyone that has an interest in this game to get this game for the gameplay and combat system.

Mind you, and as I have posted prior before, I worry that this game's system is what'll determine whether it'll stay in the FG scene spotlight for long, I mean KoF 13 wasn't among the finals this EVO '16.

Because it's 50 freaking characters, that's why. 19 characters are new to the series (12 of which are brand new characters). Why are you trying to spin this as a negative?

Other games have story modes, so what? Do they have SNK characters? SNK has said that they know that a lot of fans play their games for the characters and stories so they put quite a bit of work into the single player aspect (story, special endings, mission mode, unlockable art, music, movies etc.). All this is good stuff and is something meaty for the casual crowd as well.

Like they have mentioned in interviews, they are focusing on the whole package and trying to please all their fans instead of just focusing on the competitive aspect.

The gameplay itself looks pretty damn solid and the vast majority of the competitive players are really happy with it. A lot of them are also saying that many people who don't play KOF usually are very interested in it. So the gameplay aspect is also covered.

So yeah, it's not just that it has 50 characters or plays good or has single player content or has many unlockables. It's that it has all of the above, it's the complete package.

Focusing just on the competitive portion is not a good idea for SNK.

XIII was at EVO for 3 years and was always super hype, not bad for a game that never got any kind of update since it was released on console. It's a 5 year old game at this point (6 if you count the original arcade release).

qcf x2

You monster. You named all those and didn't even mention Vanessa.

You fiend, you mentioned Vanessa and didn't namedrop Whip!

KoF XIV |OT| Sylvie - Love or hate, it's still obsession

KoF XIV |OT| True Love Heart and False Eyedolls

Amedo310

I just noticed the Kyo's ex rdp+BD can't be combo into on crouchers except by doing cr. C to lift them up first. No wonder SNK made that button only do 40 dmg. I can say that is an interesting and smart decision.

Also, I noticed that Quick max's very first attack null all far normals, which means that any normal attack done after doing a quick max will always be a close normal. Never a far attack. Mai benefits from this since her cl. C hits quite far.

I just noticed the Kyo's ex rdp+BD can't be combo into on crouchers except by doing cr. C to lift them up first. No wonder SNK made that button only do 40 dmg. I can say that is an interesting and smart decision.

Also, I noticed that Quick max's very first attack null all far normals, which means that any normal attack done after doing a quick max will always be a close normal. Never a far attack. Mai benefits from this since her cl. C hits quite far.

I've been getting far normals out of quickmax often, it was a problem when trying to optimize Sylvie's damage actually because of how you can get far D at a distance where you'd get close C (the combo can be done though, I just haven't figured out how to do it reliably). Do you mean like on the very first frame of quickmax or something, I should get a close normal to whiff?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Co5WlueVIAA1u5w.jpg:orig

Translation via MMaker: "It's nothing, I'm talking to myself. Alright, let's do our best! Paula isn't a useless piece of junk anymore!"

Also, more KOF WORLD PREMIERE TOUR!
Next Stage: Taipei! Aug 5th - 7th

Relique

I got you covered. Here are a few safe-jump I came with Mai against Kyo. I need to test them up against the other cast as well.

1. A 2 bar corner combo into safe-jump: Starter combo into quick max, cl. C, qcb+A, qcb+AC, qcb+C (2 hits), qcf(x2)+AC, b+AB (back roll), fowrward jump, air db+D: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaTA3hOWwGg

2. A 2 bar anywhere combo into safe-jump. Starter combo into quick max, cl. C, qcb+AC, qcb+A, qcf(x2)+AC, AB, vertical short-hop, air db+D: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm5yDkChoXQ

- The safe-jump will beat Kyo's dp+A, which will give Mai a counter hit. The safe-jump will lose to Kyo's Ex dp, which has invincible start-up. Both Kyo's dp+A and ex dp have 4 frames of start-up, but the ex dp's start-up frames are invincible.

3. A 1 Bar Mid-screen combo reset into safe-jump. Starter combo into quick max, cl. C, qcb+AC, hcf+BD, cl. A, hyper hop, air db+D: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUXGJ4cL_ug

- Same as #2.

4. Regular D grab into safe-jump. Works anywhere on the screen. Regular cl. D grab, forward hyper hop, air db+D: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UFVXdiQcSk

Wow thanks so much. This is absolutely amazing. You even have a more optimized 2 meter midscreen combo than the one I was using. I have a few notes/questions on these tell me what you think if you don't mind

- The first combo you can juggle a stand C after it if you time the super cancel properly like you did in the video. You think it's worth doing the safejump over the extra damage from stand C into a possible meaty setup? (I am not sure if you can meaty yet I haven't tested it, but hypothetically)

- The 2nd combo and setup are immaculate. More optimal than what I found midscreen. It will probably be my go to confirm for sure.

- I have been doing the third combo but ending it with a stand D reset into light fan. The fan seems to hit meaty and then if they roll you can chase it down and try to punish. This however doesn't work at all ranges and that safejump will come in very handy in corner situations where the fan would whiff.

- The throw setup is ace. I was doing run up meaty crouch C to get plus frames and this is just so much better.

I will definitely implement those in my game. I am guessing that 4 frame reversals are about as fast it will get so those are probably universal. I didn't know that Kyo had to give up invincibility for his light dp. Thanks so much for the help.

Edit: Also seconding the need for clarification about the quickmax/close normal thing. I did notice that Mai's close C gets more range after activating but close D isn't gaining nearly as much range? Is this a universal trait for all normals or one normal per character?

Yuritchi

Neo Member
https://youtu.be/XWHmvP8H7RQ?t=19m30s

"Are you involved with the evil we chased here?"

Mui Mui's winquote against Shun'ei is interesting. Shun'ei is in some way connected to the final boss as according to the Story trailer.

And this winquote indicates Another World Team is chasing some evil entity which I can only assume is the final boss, I guess they will have a big part in the story.

BadWolf

Iori can combo:

cr. LK, cr. LK, st. LP, cr. HK

It's so odd looking for KOF hehe, feels like something out of Fatal Fury.

I've been getting far normals out of quickmax often, it was a problem when trying to optimize Sylvie's damage actually because of how you can get far D at a distance where you'd get close C (the combo can be done though, I just haven't figured out how to do it reliably). Do you mean like on the very first frame of quickmax or something, I should get a close normal to whiff?

Yup, the far normals are still definitely there for quick max.

It's easier to get a close normal now compared to XIII, probably because on quick max activation the characters now auto-run in XIV instead of auto-dashing like in XIII. The risk of getting a far normal is still there but reduced, unlike XIII though you are screwed if you get a far normal in a combo.

What has been removed though it seems is the mechanic of getting an auto-normal if you activate on the late frames of a normal (which messed up a lot of combos in XIII).

Crouch HPs actually have really nice range for activation with many of the characters and are a really good option for quick max combos since you negate the risk of messing up your combo by getting a far normal (since there is no far version of a crouching normal).

Loona

https://youtu.be/XWHmvP8H7RQ?t=19m30s

"Are you involved with the evil we chased here?"

Mui Mui's winquote against Shun'ei is interesting. Shun'ei is in some way connected to the final boss as according to the Story trailer.

And this winquote indicates Another World Team is chasing some evil entity which I can only assume is the final boss, I guess they will have a big part in the story.

Nice find!

The leak mentioned the final boss could bring people from any universe, so I've been assuming Nakoruru and her team were in the KoF setting involuntarily and only ended up joining the tournament due to some hint that they might get answers and a way to get back home there - this changes things toward a more interesting direction, as apparently that boss or something related to it manifested in their worlds and they managed to be proactive in chasing it, so means of cross-universe travel independent of that boss must exist... which in turn can open further possibilities for future games (I want Cathy from Top Hunter, just saying...).

Tizoc

My Spanish is terrbile but so was SNK's
THE OT SUBTITLE SHALL BE IN THE MOST SNK SPANISH EVER

Because it's 50 freaking characters, that's why. 19 characters are new to the series (12 of which are brand new characters). Why are you trying to spin this as a negative?
I'm not. If I was I apologize, that was improper wording on my part.
However it's just...not that a big a deal.
Other games have story modes, so what? Do they have SNK characters? SNK has said that they know that a lot of fans play their games for the characters and stories so they put quite a bit of work into the single player aspect (story, special endings, mission mode, unlockable art, music, movies etc.). All this is good stuff and is something meaty for the casual crowd as well.
Then they'd be doing what they've been doing before with prior KoF console releases (excluding XII)?
Being SNK doesn't make it stand out so much nowadays.
Like they have mentioned in interviews, they are focusing on the whole package and trying to please all their fans instead of just focusing on the competitive aspect.
That's not really a challenge when a good working network model+traditional, true to form, proven to work SP content has been in many fighters over the past decade.
The gameplay itself looks pretty damn solid and the vast majority of the competitive players are really happy with it. A lot of them are also saying that many people who don't play KOF usually are very interested in it. So the gameplay aspect is also covered.

So yeah, it's not just that it has 50 characters or plays good or has single player content or has many unlockables. It's that it has all of the above, it's the complete package.
Then I hope it'll last long, but really it's no more a complete package than various fighting games from the past few years, or ones that got released recently.
Focusing just on the competitive portion is not a good idea for SNK.
Focusing on it won't diminish any SP content, and isn't it generally seen that the competitive aspect of a fighter is its strongest point?
Based on what you said, SNK got it covered.
XIII was at EVO for 3 years and was always super hype, not bad for a game that never got any kind of update since it was released on console. It's a 5 year old game at this point (6 if you count the original arcade release).

I guess I'm looking at it from a 'main event' POV, like being one of the games to constantly appear in EVO finals alongside the bigger names like SF and Smash.

BadWolf

Then I hope it'll last long, but really it's no more a complete package than various fighting games from the past few years, or ones that got released recently.

I'm not. If I was I apologize, that was improper wording on my part.
However it's just...not that a big a deal.

Oh? SFV, GG, MK etc. launched day 1 with a 50 character cast and 18+ stages? It's funny that you try to make this sound unimpressive while listing just a few examples of other games doing this, games that recycled a ton of sprites from older games or had more than one release. And the large cast is most definitely a big deal, especially when it comes to the competitive scene.

I guess it isn't impressive unless you release a game with a tiny cast and then milk fans with DLC or force them to buy another version later.

Like I said, it's not that it has just this or that, they gave it all. Large cast, story mode, unlockables, arranged soundtracks and other fan service. If that isn't impressive for you then oh well.

I guess I'm looking at it from a 'main event' POV, like being one of the games to constantly appear in EVO finals alongside the bigger names like SF and Smash.

KOF isn't SF or Smash status in the US. Being there 3 years straight is way more than people would have expected from a KOF at Evo.

Tizoc

Oh? SFV, GG, MK etc. launched day 1 with a 50 character cast and 18+ stages? It's funny that you try to make this sound unimpressive while listing just a few examples of other games doing this, games that recycled a ton of sprites from older games or had more than one release. And the large cast is most definitely a big deal, especially when it comes to the competitive scene.
...because
It isn't a big deal. I just don't see it. Recycled or not, it's the gameplay that'll count in the end.
I guess it isn't impressive unless you release a game with a tiny cast and then milk fans with DLC or force them to buy another version later.
Hey if SNK did it, wouldn't y'all drop the cash for it?
I likely would.
Calling out games for having a tiny roster sounds pity; you need to bring in the gameplay and combat system front and center as well, which is what the main reason players go to or come back to a game.
Also no one is forced to buy another version; only YOU can force yourself to do that.
Which is why I rebought SNK's 90s games like half a dozen time by now :V
Like I said, it's not that it has just this or that, they gave it all. Large cast, story mode, unlockables, arranged soundtracks and other fan service. If that isn't impressive for you then oh well.
Other games have 'story modes', unlockables and additional, if not arranged, soundtracks.
SNK isn't exactly doing miracles here, just run of the mill stuff one would see, if not expect, in a console release for a fighting game.
KOF isn't SF or Smash status in the US. Being there 3 years straight is more than good enough.
Eh I disagree with this somewhat, but I'm the guy who wants Garou to be relevant so... @_@

BadWolf

...because
It isn't a big deal. I just don't see it.

Calling out games for having a tiny roster sounds pity;

A 50 character cast "isn't a big deal"? Complaining about a tiny cast is "pity"? Being content complete day 1 is nothing special?

Are you serious?

Gameplay? Deep mechanics? They are all there. Why are you acting like they aren't? We have seen and played the game so the gameplay being solid isn't speculation.

Do the fighters use mocap or is all keyframe data in their animations?
Also, is snk using keyframe animation templates for certain default animations.
Example:When you ko your opponent with a weak attack or chip them out.

Another example would be (billy cain sister , forgot her name)
is she using Andy's keyframe data on some her moves?

I've always disliked when 3d fighters do this, especially Tekken, like characters would have the same moves and keyframe data, some are even built that way like the wooden blocks character named mokojin (I forgot his name as well)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tizoc turnin' heel ... King of Dinosaurs style

Question for you guys:
Any hopes that with the new details of the story line, rock could potentially be available via DLC?

Or how about any of the kof maximum roster?

Do the fighters use mocap or is all keyframe data in their animations?
Also, is snk using keyframe animation templates for certain default animations.
Example:When you ko your opponent with a weak attack or chip them out.

Another example would be (billy cain sister , forgot her name)
is she using Andy's keyframe data on some her moves?

I've always disliked when 3d fighters do this, especially Tekken, like characters would have the same moves and keyframe data, some are even built that way like the wooden blocks character named mokojin (I forgot his name as well)

Marvel

could never
Just got off the Demo, great game I'll have a lot if fun with this. Completely new to the franchise, dare I say it... it felt a little more fun than SF.

I love the maxmode run cancel.

Tizoc

how is the roster not important especially when people complained about that shit in XIII to no end lmao

Man I can't remember if I was ever bummed with 13's roster, nor can I remember if anyone did.
yeah it wasn't the most impressive but now that I think about it
Orochi Doppo Takuma made me like the game enough that I wasn't bummed by any shortcomings.

A 50 character cast "isn't a big deal"? Complaining about a tiny cast is "pity"? Being content complete day 1 is nothing special?

Are you serious?
Hey you play many fighting games as I have, these things become...mundane. Even roster size isn't a major deal maker :p

Gameplay? Deep mechanics? They are all there. Why are you acting like they aren't? We have seen and played the game so the gameplay being solid isn't speculation.
From what I've played I'm worried if the game will get similar criticisms to XIII, and I didn't know of these criticisms until years later when all this time I've just utilized the system as well as I can.

Tizoc turnin' heel ... King of Dinosaurs style

This is what happens when Tizoc DOES NOT HAVE THIS GAME ALREADY.
I DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANYMORE, GIVE IT TO ME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

TreIII

I'm still bummed that this game comes out on the same day as the Nioh beta. Totally unfair, guys!
KuGsj.gif

Summer was practically a drought for me besides more MonHun, and then two of the games I most want to play have the nerve to drop on the same day!

Top Bottom