• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Seda

Intro Sequence Choice Quick-Guide
--

Which weapon do I pick up?

Staff: Better magic strength; +2 MP by endgame
Sword: Better physical strength; +1 Item slot
Shield: Better defense; +2 Item slots

Note: The extra MP and item slots are the most significant changes because they cannot be gained by any other substitute method (i.e. stat-up items).

Order of skills learned by level up depending on the weapon you pick up (via FSLink)

Code:
Level  Sword            | Staff            | Shield
6:     Slide Dash       | Stun Impact      | Slapshot
9:     Scan             | Treasure Magnet  | Berserk
12:    Slapshot         | Ripple Drive     | Tech Plus
15:    Counterattack    | Scan             | Guard
18:    Tech Plus        | Hurricane Blast  | Stun Impact
21:    Combo Plus       | MP Haste         | Scan
24:    Guard            | Air Combo Plus   | Lucky Strike
27:    Hurricane Blast  | Tech Plus        | Leaf Bracer
30:    -                | -                | Treasure Magnet
33:    Blitz            | Guard            | -
36:    Treasure Magnet  | Aerial Sweep     | Second Chance
39:    Ripple Drive     | Leaf Bracer      | Slide Dash
42:    -                | MP Rage          | Jackpot
45:    MP Haste         | Air Combo Plus   | Counterattack
48:    Second Chance    | Lucky Strike     | Critical Plus
51:    Stun Impact      | Slide Dash       | Hurricane Blast
57:    Vortex           | Counterattack    | Treasure Magnet
60:    Aerial Sweep     | Berserk          | Blitz
63:    MP Rage          | Jackpot          | Combo Plus
66:    Combo Plus       | -                | -
69:    Leaf Bracer      | Slapshot         | Ripple Drive
72:    Air Combo Plus   | Treasure Magnet  | MP Haste
75:    Treasure Magnet  | MP Rage          | Critical Plus
78:    Berserk          | Blitz            | Vortex
81:    Tech Plus        | Tech Plus        | Tech Plus
84:    Critical Plus    | Vortex           | Aerial Sweep
87:    MP Rage          | Combo Plus       | Combo Plus
90:    Lucky Strike     | Second Chance    | MP Rage
93:    Combo Plus       | Combo Plus       | Air Combo Plus
96:    Air Combo Plus   | Critical Plus    | Combo Plus
99:    Critical Plus    | Combo Plus       | Air Combo Plus
100:   Jackpot          | Critical Plus    | MP Rage

Which weapon do I give up?

Giving up the Sword lowers your Strength
Giving up the Shield lowers your Defense
Giving up the Staff lowers your Ability Points

Note: You can obtain stat up items for each of these.

---

What's this about different level up rates?

As for the experience gain questions, there are 3 options:

• Dawn: Quick level ups for early levels, slow level ups at later levels
  • Day: Normal level ups throughout
  • Dusk: Slow level ups for early levels, quick level ups at later levels
Note: Dusk option actually requires the least amount of total exp to get to max level.

This choice is made by your answers to Selphie, Wakka, and Tidus's questions on Destiny Islands.

First answer: points toward Dawn
Middle answer: points toward Day
Third answer: points toward Dusk

Note: You see what you are getting after answering the questions and it gives you the option to reconsider.

Exentryk

I like Staff mainly because you gain +2 MP that you cannot gain any other way. MP is also influences Sora's magic power. Sword gives you more strength but by endgame you can get strength up items whenever you want. You cant get MP up any other way.

Shield gives you the most item slots but MP is more important than that.

Also using magic is super enjoyable.

That's what I wanted to know. Looks like I'll be picking up the staff this time then. Thanks.

Seda Staff also gives more AP.

Giving up Staff doesn't affect MP but it does affect AP.

edit: or wait.. does it give AP? At least I'm sure you lose AP if you give up Staff since it doesn't affect MP. hmm

edit: or wait.. does it? At least I'm sure you lose AP if you give up Staff since it doesn't affect MP. hmm

I never used magic outside of Aero and Cure, so losing MP doesn't matter to me. But losing AP? That's not cool.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm curious about people's opinions about Sephiroth. Which version is harder? KH1 or KH2? I beat both long time ago, so I recalled that KH2's Sephiroth was easier than KH1's.

Seda

edit: or wait.. does it? At least I'm sure you lose AP if you give up Staff since it doesn't affect MP. hmm

Looking online, it seems like Sora will have less AP if you give up the Staff, but otherwise it's the same(?), no matter what weapon you have (as long as you dont give up the Staff)

I'm curious about people's opinions about Sephiroth. Which version is harder? KH1 or KH2? I beat both long time ago, so I recalled that KH2's Sephiroth was easier than KH1's.

KH1 is harder but Final Mix supposedly makes him easier in some ways due to Leaf Bracer (tho MP rage is nerfed). Anyway I needed less grinding for KH2 Sephi IIRC. Dat Reflect spell.

Looking online, it seems like Sora will have less AP if you give up the Staff, but otherwise it's the same(?), no matter what weapon you have (as long as you dont give up the Staff)
Hmm interesting.

Lvl 90 Lucky Strike for Sword :lol. Fuck dat shit, Staff getting it late is bad enough.

KH1's Sephiroth has a pattern that's easier to follow from what I recall. Although it was a lot easier to beat Sephiroth in KH2 because of when you were able to fight him.

I didn't like KH2 Sephiroth fight too much anyway. The biggest flaw being the reuse of him after KH1, especially when KH2 had no other real lategame bosses. I also like the darker coliseum as the battlefield.

Tho having the Cloud vs Seph cutscene in vanilla KH2 was pretty cool back then.

PK Gaming

You guys make a compelling argument but....

I'll stick with the Sword. I mean, I like the early access to some of Sora's new physical skills, and I've always been a huge fan of combo+.

BTW, has Zantetsuken been renamed.

Bukana

Yeah, I think KH2's was easier. But it's been a while.

True, actually I didn't love 2 as much as I did with the first one and BBS, it was very easy and very chaotic; especially including Drive Forms and I disliked it more because they ruined Agrabah's level and made it into a mini-game, Agrabah is my favorite level of all the KH games.

Its actually a series of questions by Selphie, Tidus, and Wakka in the intro. Depending on your answers you fall into one of those 'paths'. Let me see if I can post a chart...

You see what you are getting after answering the questions and it gives you the option to reconsider.

Seda

You see what you are getting after answering the questions and it gives you the option to reconsider.

Ah I didn't realize the choices were laid out simply like that.

Thanks for your input man.

You guys make a compelling argument but....

I'll stick with the Sword. I mean, I like the early access to some of Sora's new physical skills, and I've always been a huge fan of combo+.

BTW, has Zantetsuken been renamed.

Why the fuck would they rename Zantetsuken? I would think not and it would be silly for them to do so. AFAIK only Hurricane Period has been renamed to Hurricane Blast.

I'll be pissed if they did that!

Valnen

I thought KH2 Sephiroth was harder because I couldn't abuse MP rage and heartless angel felt harder to interrupt. I also didn't fight him with glide to dodge his meteors.

todd360

I always chose sword as a kid because it looked coolest. Choosing staff this time and dusk. Forgot about the day dawn dusk stuff.

preorder arrives tomorrow and i just found out the game is only 720p/30. i was REALLY hoping for 1080p/30 at very least, or 720p/60.

ahh well. should be good regardless. maybe i'll finally finish it!

sappyday

I always thought choosing the shield was gonna make the game harder since I thought choosing it meant the only action I had available was to defend.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm so excited about a HD rerelease. I don't even care about anything other than 1, but when they first announced the God of War HD collection I was like 'ooo ooo Kingdom Hearts next'

and now it's here, and it's been so long that it'll practically be fresh again.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Shit, I just realized I forgot to pre-order. I coulda sworn I had.

Well, here's hoping Best Buy gets copies tomorrow. >>;

This will be my first time attempting Final Mix's Proud Mode, so I'm going with the Shield (early Leaf Bracer and Second Chance seem like musts)/Dusk so I can grind more easily for Sephiroth and Unknown at the end.

Not sure what I'm giving up, though... Strength is more important to me overall than Magic in KH games, but seeing as giving up the Staff means Sora gets less AP overall... I don't know. Giving up AP sucks. Hmm...

Seda

New to the series... didn't even know you have a choice in weapons...

You always play with the Keyblade of course, but in the tutorial section you have that weapon choice to make, where Sora will actually wield a Sword/Staff/Shield. It's just for the tutorial though. As you can see, it affects stats and ability order.

It's less about the stats and more about the order in which skills are unlocked for each class.

Yeah, but the thing is, the staff is arguably best for those as well. (Although the shield's early Lucky Strike and Second Chance are super handy for sure, the staff gets some amazing area-of-effect finishers really early on, MP is the best stat in the game because it's doubly effective, and so on).

My order of the LE is still sitting on "Shipping Soon" and it's set for delivery tomorrow. Hope I get it tomorrow so I can play a bit, otherwise I won't have time to play until Thursday night. :/

My first playthrough will consist of completing Jiminy's Journal (on Final Mix difficulty). Is choosing the Staff best for completion of the Journal mixing it with just a normal go-around? I'll probably be choosing the slow level up, faster level at the end game (still confused about those options).

My order of the LE is still sitting on "Shipping Soon" and it's set for delivery tomorrow. Hope I get it tomorrow so I can play a bit, otherwise I won't have time to play until Thursday night. :/

My first playthrough will consist of completing Jiminy's Journal (on Final Mix difficulty). Is choosing the Staff best for completion of the Journal mixing it with just a normal go-around? I'll probably be choosing the slow level up, faster level at the end game (still confused about those options).

Shield is theoretically the best for getting Lucky Strike earliest. After that the Staff with Sword being the worst (as usual :3)

edit: Actually wait... the synyhesis stuff might be tied to Journal only in KH2 :lol. Anyway it supposedly makes the trophies lil faster for Ultima Weapon ect.

I have class tomorrow but if it comes around 2 pm I should be able to get to Traverse Town or maybe even the first world. Crossing my fingers that it gets here early!

The reasoning was to get the series back on consoles prior to Kingdom Hearts 3.

Also, a Vita port is more work.

I would have taken this as the answer until they apparently made Chi canon.

Now I am convinced it's just because SE won't put anything on Vita unless they absolutely have to.

Yeah, but the thing is, the staff is arguably best for those as well. (Although the shield's early Lucky Strike and Second Chance are super handy for sure, the staff gets some amazing area-of-effect finishers really early on, MP is the best stat in the game because it's doubly effective, and so on).

I think shield is the way to go for 100% runs (early Lucky Strike) and for players who don't want to work as hard. Early Second Chance and Leaf Bracer are amazing. The staff has more offensive power, but requires the player to perform better since they won't have good lifesaving abilities until much later.

Wait...what?!

Featured in the recent issue of Famitsu Weekly, KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi] will be making a slew of new content available, including the addition of the Guard Armor raid boss, outfits modeled after that of Aladdin and Jasmine, and a variety of new attack and assist cards, such as Roxas and Namine.

Series Director Tetsuya Nomura also comments on the game in the article, in which he reveals that there will be much more content to look forward to, including a story that leads into the main series. He suggests paying attention to the behavior of a mysterious person, but who exactly could this be? You'll have to play the game to find out!
From KHInsider

hmm but what about FFX|X-2 HD?
That was announced before Vita was doomed + probably might have some Sony backing.

Top Bottom