• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

botty

Banned
I'll laugh if Chi is more cannon than Coded.

anyway...

only a few more hours!!!!

ihfHQxhemoGVA.gif

Shield is theoretically the best for getting Lucky Strike earliest. After that the Staff with Sword being the worst (as usual :3)

edit: Actually wait... the synyhesis stuff might be tied to Journal only in KH2 :lol. Anyway it supposedly makes the trophies lil faster for Ultima Weapon ect.

Yeah, I was kinda hoping to save the Shield for FM Proud. Well, I'll stick with the Staff (first-time user!) for my FM playthrough.

My order has been shipped now! Can't wait until tomorrow! :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm so jealous :( Silly Europeeeeeeeeeeeee! 13th Sep! :_:

dan2026

I have never played a Kingdom Hearts game before and am not sure whether I should jump in on this one.

I do like platformers though. I'm hoping this isn't too easy or simplistic.

Mr.Fresh

Can't wait to experience all the Final Mix Changes for the first time. I'm off tomorrow and Wednesday and my wifi has been acting up (so no FFXIV for a few days.) guess ill play threw this again.

I have never played a Kingdom Hearts game before and am not sure whether I should jump in on this one.

I do like platformers though. I'm hoping this isn't too easy or simplistic.

And it's platforming sections are quite bad anyway, personally. Camera is quite...well, bad.

Also, how difficult is the Proud (or Critical?) mode in this compared to say, Proud and Critical in KHII and BbS? Found those to be pretty decent minus the blind shots.

Holmes

I will get it today too, but mostly like around 8pm or so, my UPS man is usually late. :p Hopefully I can play a couple hours before bed.
Sleep is for the weak. If you get it at 8, you can probably get 12 hours of gameplay in before work or school the next day.

And it's platforming sections are quite bad anyway, personally. Camera is quite...well, bad.

Also, how difficult is the Proud (or Critical?) mode in this compared to say, Proud and Critical in KHII and BbS? Found those to be pretty decent minus the blind shots.

Was bad.

Proud is harder than KH2 Proud by far, but easier than critical, save for a few moments here and there. I won't compare it to BBS's critical because this game actually has balance.

Audioboxer

The difficulty trophies do not stack, so you will be looking at 3 separate playthroughs - one on each difficulty. For this step you mainly want to speed through each difficulty with no concern for trophies at this time. Between these playthroughs you are also looking at 3 miscellaneous tasks, which are as follow:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ki...hearts-final-mix-hd-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

Grrr!

Also what is this? Never played final mix

Between the three the Shield is easily the best one as it grants you defensive abilities early and the infamous Leaf Bracer ability exclusive to the final mix version of the game which will make each of your playthroughs much easier in the later parts of the game.

Everyone in here is saying staff?

I wonder if you can get the trophy for never dying by just never selecting "Continue" and just reloading your save each time instead. Seems like that should work. I'll probably try it and see... it's not that much more inconvenient than just selecting "Continue."

I'm playing on Final Mix: Proud Mode, so I expect to be dying a lot. I already have once, in fact, against
Guard Armor
, the first boss. Proud Mode in FM does not fuck around, damn.

Everyone in here is saying staff?

With the Staff you get an extra 2 MP that you can't get by any other means, so it's by far the best for people who use a lot of magic. The Shield seems to be better for those who want to worry less about/work less hard to stay alive on higher difficulties, as you get the all-important Second Chance and Leaf Bracer abilities at much earlier levels. Also, the Shield gives you two extra item slots that you can't get any other way, if you're into using lots of items.

As this is my first time playing Final Mix (a) at all and (b) on Proud (I finished the original US release of Kingdom Hearts on Normal difficulty way back when), I very quickly went with the Shield. And even with the extra Defense you get from that, the going's still been pretty rough so far, though I do expect it to get easier as I level up.

Was bad.

Proud is harder than KH2 Proud by far, but easier than critical, save for a few moments here and there. I won't compare it to BBS's critical because this game actually has balance.

Yeah, thing is, KH series has terrible camera throughout so I don't see FM being a massive improvement.

Yeah, thing is, KH series has terrible camera throughout so I don't see FM being a massive improvement.

It's not. I'm at Wonderland, and so far I've battled with the camera just as much as I always did back in the original release of KH. It's pretty bad, but you go into KH games knowing that and willing to overlook it.

Actually, I find myself constantly wishing the camera was zoomed out more so I could see more of Sora's surroundings. I don't ever remember feeling this way back when I originally played KH and I've played every game in the series since, so it's a little weird. Maybe the camera was pulled out a little bit by default in subsequent games and I just never noticed it?

Audioboxer

I wonder if you can get the trophy for never dying by just never selecting "Continue" and just reloading your save each time instead. Seems like that should work. I'll probably try it and see... it's not that much more inconvenient than just selecting "Continue."

I'm playing on Final Mix: Proud Mode, so I expect to be dying a lot. I already have once, in fact, against
Guard Armor
, the first boss. Proud Mode in FM does not fuck around, damn.

With the Staff you get an extra 2 MP that you can't get by any other means, so it's by far the best for people who use a lot of magic. The Shield seems to be better for those who want to worry less about/work less hard to stay alive on higher difficulties, as you get the all-important Second Chance and Leaf Bracer abilities at much earlier levels. Also, the Shield gives you two extra item slots that you can't get any other way, if you're into using lots of items.

As this is my first time playing Final Mix (a) at all and (b) on Proud (I finished the original US release of Kingdom Hearts on Normal difficulty way back when), I very quickly went with the Shield. And even with the extra Defense you get from that, the going's still been pretty rough so far, though I do expect it to get easier as I level up.

Thanks for the explanation I was thinking leaf bracer was exclusive to the shield.

So proud mode in FM is harder than it was originally? Oh well I've always played KH on proud and i'm not gonna stop today. Gonna be a long day of work.

NekoFever

I completely forgot I'd ordered this until I got the email saying it was processing yesterday. I got all excited thinking GTA was coming early.

So proud mode in FM is harder than it was originally? Oh well I've always played KH on proud and i'm not gonna stop today. Gonna be a long day of work.

It was Expert in the original version. Proud is exclusive to FM and is harder than Expert. Final Mix Normal is a lil bit harder than the old Standard and the new Final Mix Beginner is much easier than the old Standard.

It was Expert in the original version. Proud is exclusive to FM and is harder than Expert. Final Mix Normal is a lil bit harder than the old Standard and the new Final Mix Beginner is much easier than the old Standard.

The original didn't have Proud? I must be loosing my mind. Whats everyones choice for leveling speed at the beginning of the game? Morning,midday,or night?

CLBridges

Never played any of the Kingdom Hearts games before but I am considering purchasing this. It seems the overall view is that the games are pretty good and I'm looking to see what all the talk is about. I'll probably stop by best buy or walmart and see if they have one in stock later today.

Sinfamy

WTF, this is bullshit!
I just received an email from Amazon telling me that they cannot locate my order and it has been delayed.
I pre ordered on May 5th! D: (Limited Version).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The guide linked on this page says you can.

I think shield is the way to go for 100% runs (early Lucky Strike) and for players who don't want to work as hard. Early Second Chance and Leaf Bracer are amazing. The staff has more offensive power, but requires the player to perform better since they won't have good lifesaving abilities until much later.

Eh, I dunno. Again, there's that MP stat thing - if you are a completionist, you probably want that as high as possible.

Valnen

WTF, this is bullshit!
I just received an email from Amazon telling me that they cannot locate my order and it has been delayed.
I pre ordered on May 5th! D: (Limited Version).

Ouch. Maybe if you call and complain loudly enough they'll do something to try and make you happy.

Neolith

So what's the consensus on what to save/sacrifice in the beginning of the save. I wanna tackle proud mode with limited effort :)

Top Bottom