• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
In the beginning you get to choose sword/staff/shield... the other thing you choose though, does that affect anything at all?

In the beginning you get to choose sword/staff/shield... the other thing you choose though, does that affect anything at all?

The second choise is to give up one of the remaining two. Depending what you choose your stat gains is lil lower.

Staff: less AP
Sword: less STR
Shield: less DEF

Or if you mean the questions by Wakka/Tidus/Selphie that affects how your level gain speed is balanced. Either sped up early, even or sped up late.

Auskeek

I'm completely new to the Kingdom Hearts series, although I've wanted to try it out since the first came out.

Would I be better off getting Dream Drop Distance or the HD 1.5 collection? I don't care much for continuity of plot.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The second choise is to give up one of the remaining two. Depending what you choose your stat gains is lil lower.

Staff: less AP
Sword: less STR
Shield: less DEF

Ah, so if I go staff, what would you recommend giving up?

RPGCrazied

I'm completely new to the Kingdom Hearts series, although I've wanted to try it out since the first came out.

Would I be better off getting Dream Drop Distance or the HD remake? I don't care much for continuity of plot.

You'd be so lost if you started with Dream Drop Distance.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Great trailer but...

ibuEqbmUaFVngZ.gif

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is Capcpom level comparison.

Haha yeah when I saw that I was like they are going waaaaaay overboard trying to make the PS2 version look like crap.

Yoshichan

brandnew

I'm so torn on whether to pick staff, shield, or sword. I've only ever picked sword, but after hearing everyone talk the staff up and seeing the abilities list, I'm completely undecided.

I definitely want to go with dusk since that requires the least amount of exp, but it seems like it'll be hard not having those early level stats with staff. Also, second chance was always one of my favorite skills and that being so far down the road for staff doesn't seem good. I'm so indecisive...

Some of them have good abilities I guess. I personally always use Donald and Goofy because of trinities in KH1.

KH2 does it right. It's fun to use the new party member limits too.

The sole exception, really, is Beast, because Beast is awesome (but yeah, Trinities kinda trump everything else).

Isn't there some reason it's a good idea to use Beast in the Mysterious Figure fight?

Never fought Mysterious Man, I'm assuming he is the hardest boss in the game, side ones included?

He, Kurt Zisa, and Sephiroth are all pretty tough fights, but I dunno how I'd rank them against each other for certain. Leaf Bracer makes all of the superbosses a lot less formidable, IMO.

Roubjon

Sorry guys, but after seeing that skill list, I'm going with sword. I need those guard, counterattack, and second chance abilities earlier.

#teamsword #sword4lyfe #Ee-oo-oo-oo-ah

McNum

He, Kurt Zisa, and Sephiroth are all pretty tough fights, but I dunno how I'd rank them against each other for certain. Leaf Bracer makes all of the superbosses a lot less formidable, IMO.
Oh, yeah. Leaf Bracer is going to make Sephiroth's 1-2-Dead combo a lot less scary. I still haven't beat him in any Kingdom Hearts game.

Oh, yeah. Leaf Bracer is going to make Sephiroth's 1-2-Dead combo a lot less scary. I still haven't beat him in any Kingdom Hearts game.

Leaf Bracer doesn't do anything to counter Heartless Angel because Heartless Angel takes your MP away.

edit: jesus christ though, Staff doesn't get Second Chance until level 90 and you're supposed to be able to take Sephiroth on without it? what. how the hell did I ever do that.

McNum

Leaf Bracer doesn't do anything to counter Heartless Angel because Heartless Angel takes your MP away.

edit: jesus christ though, Staff doesn't get Second Chance until level 90 and you're supposed to be able to take Sephiroth on without it? what. how the hell did I ever do that.
Heartless Angel can be interrupted. But without Second Chance, it's a one-hit kill, isn't it?

Never fought Mysterious Man, I'm assuming he is the hardest boss in the game, side ones included?

Never fought MF but he probably was harder than Sephiroth...who I cheaped out with Genji bracelets and spamming Ragnarok or some other special move. Keeps Sora invincible whilst active.

KHII Sephiroth was a walk in the park compared to KHI, though.

Is this worth getting if I already own the original versions of all these games? I've never played any of them, but my brother bought them for the PS2, but should I get the HD remix anyway?

Betty

Banned
Is this worth getting if I already own the original versions of all these games? I've never played any of them, but my brother bought them for the PS2, but should I get the HD remix anyway?

I'd say yes, better visual quality and improvements in other areas, plus content that was previously only available in Japan.

KHII Sephiroth was a walk in the park compared to KHI, though.

None of you are ready for KHII Final Mix's optional bosses :D

Seda

Does anyone remember if there's any advantage to using the guest party members like Aladdin or Tarzan?

IIRC you need Donald and Goofy with you to activate Trinities, so I'm thinking of sticking with them all the time to avoid backtracking. Am I missing anything here?

Nope. They're fun to use and using them doesn't deny other partners any exp, but as you say they can't do trinities.

Also going to mention the once-missable trinity in Halloween Town in no longer missable yay.

I heard you can fight all the
Organization
members! That is pretty bad ass, can't wait for that.
Plus of course Lingering Sentinent/
Terras armor
!

Tho supposedly people argue that No Heart (BBSFM) is the hardest secret boss in the series. Or Mysterious Figure in vanilla BBS. I lost count at this point.

Syril

Man, that's brutal. In the original version it was level 48.

Betty

Banned
I heard you can fight all the
Organization
members! That is pretty bad ass, can't wait for that.

Not only can you do that, but there is a special area where you can re-fight even harder versions of each one. I found them tough going on proud, but on critical it's simply insane, I can't imagine how difficult they'd be if you used the "zero exp" ability.

Yoshichan

What's second chance?

I'd say yes, better visual quality and improvements in other areas, plus content that was previously only available in Japan.

None of you are ready for KHII Final Mix's optional bosses :D

Yeah, I've wanted to do that fight! Is he harder than BbS? Because that guy....ugh. Invisibility + fire dash, plus my commands being removed? Ugggh! Did it on Critical though!

Plus of course Lingering Sentinent/
Terras armor
!

Tho supposedly people argue that No Heart (BBSFM) is the hardest secret boss in the series. Or Mysterious Figure in vanilla BBS. I lost count at this point.
They're the same. But yeah, that one's crazy hard because it can reset its HP meter to full, if I recall correctly.

Vanitas's Remnant is probably my favorite optional boss, though. Great example of something that is extremely tough but fair (only one HP bar, but heals himself to full if you heal yourself).

Top Bottom