• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Voror

Won't be able to start till later today, but I believe I'll be going with Proud with Staff/Sword. I'd sacrifice Shield , but I think the extra defense might be worth it, especially since I'm going to pick Dusk at that option.

Betty

Banned
Yeah, I've wanted to do that fight! Is he harder than BbS? Because that guy....ugh. Invisibility + fire dash, plus my commands being removed? Ugggh! Did it on Critical though!

It depends on who you ask, I actually found some of the
Organization XIII members
trickier at times.

Rest assured though, if you ever felt that KHII didn't have enough challenge to it, Final Mix wholly fixes that issue and then some.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No internal cooldown on second chance either? So essentially, everytime you cast the weakest cure on yourself, you're always going to survive two hits? Fuck me. Oh well, guess I'm grinding to 99 before encountering Sephi :lol?

It depends on who you ask, I actually found some of the
Organization XIII members
trickier at times.

Rest assured though, if you ever felt that KHII didn't have enough challenge to it, Final Mix wholly fixes that issue and then some.

Marluxia
is interesting since he is the easiest of the data battles but becomes like the hardest if you are doing a lvl 1 run.

Vashetti

Banned
No internal cooldown on second chance either? So essentially, everytime you cast the weakest cure on yourself, you're always going to survive two hits? Fuck me. Oh well, guess I'm grinding to 99 before encountering Sephi :lol?

Where do you go for that in KH1?

I never got past Level 60.

I know in KH2 there's the top of Pride Rock where you can farm XP.

McNum

Yup. Now try summoning Tinker Bell in the boss fights that allow summoning. Regen + Auto-Life + Second Chance. It's almost unfair.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

I'm positive I got to 99 in KH back in the days... What's crazy though is that I remember leveling Sora to lvl 30 or something like that at the first beach part (fight against Wakka or something)... What the fuck did I spend my youth doing?!

Betty

Banned
Marluxia
is interesting since he is the easiest of the data battles but becomes like the hardest if you are doing a lvl 1 run.

Yeah, I had a so much trouble with
Roxas
on critical for some reason, you just cannot screw up during that fight. Once you learn how to combat them though they're ludicrously fun to battle.

LycanXIII

For anyone on the east coast who's already picked up the game, have you guys seen the guide in stores?

Did not see any at Gamestop and they didn't mention it like they usually do for new games.

Edit: Just downloaded the dynamic theme. The addition of the menu sounds made me giddy.

I just grinded some of the last tiers in Hades cup when leveling in late game. No clue if there is a better way.

Pride Rock was unfortunately nerfed in KH2FM. They removed the respawning swarm of bees.

Seda

In Kingdom Hearts 1 I usually grind against Ice Titan and then Sephiroth for later levels.

In Kingdom Hearts 2, I go up and down the tower in TWTNW.

Vashetti

Banned
I just grinded some of the last tiers in Hades cup when leveling in late game. No clue if there is a better way.

Pride Rock was unfortunately nerfed in KH2FM. They removed the respawning swarm of bees.

tumblr_md6t3sgOzg1r0sqdio1_500.gif

Saiyan-Rox

looks like no shipping from Shopto today either :( looks like a thursday title then

Trolled by shopto lol must have had alot of orders to start processing that early

Seriously though, not getting Second Chance until level 90 with the Staff suxxxxxxxxxx.

At least the Triangle thing will make it easier to pull off interrupt moves against Sephiroth, but goddamn, having Heartless Angel be a 100% death sentence until level 90 (when ordinarily I *get* to level 90 by grinding against Sephy) is gonna suck HARD.

I do Hades Cup and Ice Titan.

Pride Rock was a bit absurd. Takes what? Two hours to go from lv36 to 99? Something like that.
Anyway, the 4 rooms surrounding the Tombstones in tWtNW are full of nobodies that drop the most important materials, so it's two birds with one stone.

One thing that I like about KH2FM is that even with lv99 you'd still need some Guard UPs if you can't evade everything. KH1 Sora at lv100 is just ridiculous.

Oh, and one more thing about the choices: it's widely agreed that Proud + Sword is the Critical Mode of KH1. Keep that in mind, people.

Finalow

nice OT, looking forward to play KH1 again, to (probably) don't play the other game and to rewatch that KH timeline video.
nonsense, I missed you. </3

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
The more I think about the first KH the more I think that Sora really didn't need to go on his adventure. Ansem wanted to open
the door to Kingdom Hearts and flood the universe with darkness
but Sora, along with us, knows that... now more than ever...
Kingdom Hearts
is
light.
The door opens and kills Billy Zane thus ending Sora's journey.

So by that rationale wouldn't the whole Ansem problem have taken care of itself with or without Sora?

Seda

Seriously though, not getting Second Chance until level 90 with the Staff suxxxxxxxxxx.

At least the Triangle thing will make it easier to pull off interrupt moves against Sephiroth, but goddamn, having Heartless Angel be a 100% death sentence until level 90 (when ordinarily I *get* to level 90 by grinding against Sephy) is gonna suck HARD.

Superglide to the rescue~

The more I think about the first KH the more I think that Sora really didn't need to go on his adventure. Ansem wanted to open
Kingdom Hearts
is
light.

So by that rationale wouldn't the whole Ansem problem have taken care of itself with or without Sora?

Without Sora they couldn't have closed the door to darkness. Heartless consume the universe. The end.

Kingdom Hearts
is
light.

I'm not sure, but I think the reason it does that is because Mickey is behind there - it seems to actually be a door to the Realm of Darkness, not to Kingdom Hearts.

edit: ALSO THE STORY IS NONSENSE

McNum

Let me just confirm this... If want a Sephiroth rematch and try to beat him in Final Mix, but also want to pick Staff for the bonus MP, I should choose the options in the beginning to allow me to start at night, to make level 90 easier to get to. Should probably drop Sword, too, as AP are more useful than Strength.

Are there any skills that boost XP gain? At least Ice Titan is a piece of cake if you have your parry timing right. It's actually kind of relaxing to fight it, just lobbing its icicles back at it. Or is it meaner in Final Mix?

And of course, not play on Final Mix Beginner, because that would be a boring win. Final Mix Normal it is.

Let me just confirm this... If want a Sephiroth rematch and try to beat him in Final Mix, but also want to pick Staff for the bonus MP, I should choose the options in the beginning to allow me to start at night, to make level 90 easier to get to. Should probably drop Sword, too, as AP are more useful than Strength.

Are there any skills that boost XP gain? At least Ice Titan is a piece of cake if you have your parry timing right. It's actually kind of relaxing to fight it, just lobbing its icicles back at it. Or is it meaner in Final Mix?

And of course, not play on Final Mix Beginner, because that would be a boring win. Final Mix Normal it is.

There is equipment that boosts XP gain.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Do the trophies for defeating ### heartless & enemy gummi ships transfer from save to save/difficulty? Gonna aim for a speed/no equipment change run on Beginner, then do Normal & perhaps try to collect everything on that diff., then do Proud while leveling up to 100. Maybe go back to Beginner & do some stuff like beating the cups afterwards.

& ugh, time still counts if you pause the game or go to the XMB. Gonna have to be careful & do the speedrun during times I know I won't be interrupted.

McNum

Hmm, doesn't Leaf Bracer break this game wide open, actually? As long as Sora touches the ground, or even is just neutral in the air, he gets a few seconds of invincibility and a heal. If you know when to do that, you can block a lot of strong attacks.

I take it that Final Mix Proud is made with this in mind?

Hmm, doesn't Leaf Bracer break this game wide open, actually? As long as Sora touches the ground, or even is just neutral in the air, he gets a few seconds of invincibility and a heal. If you know when to do that, you can block a lot of strong attacks.

I take it that Final Mix Proud is made with this in mind?

It doesn't really break the game, given that you'd need to get pretty damn good at learning the timing of all sorts of attacks to be really good with it (if you were deliberately using it as a block). And you need time to actually go on the offense, too.

Seriously, if it's just about invincibility frames, Dodge Roll is already darn good for most things.

McNum

It doesn't really break the game, given that you'd need to get pretty damn good at learning the timing of all sorts of attacks to be really good with it (if you were deliberately using it as a block). And you need time to actually go on the offense, too.

Seriously, if it's just about invincibility frames, Dodge Roll is already darn good for most things.
Right. Using it like that is something you can only really do against enemies you know in and out. Like Sephiroth.

Hmm, can you Dodge Roll through Heartless Angel? Or will you need to Leaf Bracer it?

LycanXIII

Started with 358/2 since it's the only one I haven't completed. Not really a fan since there's so many jumps. One thing that annoys me is when they fulfill the "Promise."

When Roxas is talking Xion's hood is down. When Axel speaks, her hood is up. Did no one think to check the continuity?

Top Bottom