• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Silvawuff

Hopefully they include Dream, Drop, Distance too.

I'm not really sure about that. Would Nintendo allow that, or do they have any say in how a game like that would get ported to PS3/4? It's an extremely important game and pivotal to the story, definitely.

About Proud Mode : Is it closer to Critical in this game or no?

So lame. People have had theirs shipped from shopto yet they ordered months after I did. What gives... My friend will get his tomorrow no doubt.

Edit: Alright! So 30 seconds after this post I get a text to confirm shipping. Shopto...you stalking me?

brandnew

I'm not really sure about that. Would Nintendo allow that, or do they have any say in how a game like that would get ported to PS3/4? It's an extremely important game and pivotal to the story, definitely.

Happened with re:com. Nintendo had nothing to do with development or publishing so it could happen.

Exact same treatment as 358/2 Days. The story is so bare bones until the very end, so why waste time in porting the whole game to amend/remove touch mechanics. It probably wouldn't be difficult but I'd rather they make solid versions of KHII and BbS and just treat DDD like 358/2.

*Sigh* Every damn time I order a game from amazon it doesn't come until late...But when I order some shorts they come at like 11:00 AM..

The UPS guys are trolls >_>.

Silvawuff

I think it's great that they kept the original poster design for this launch as they did when it first came out. I have an original from back when (but it's double-sided):

KxhvecJ.jpg

Saiyan-Rox

Shipping email :D little late in the day so not sure if it's actually been sent but hoping for tomorrow /Happy

Not even a picture of the parcel like they usually do so I don't think it's been actually posted

jbug617

Banned
Did Best Buy have a preorder bonus for KH 1.5? They just sent me a PSN code but I don't know what for. I hope they didn't mess up my order.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why I can never truly truck with the spinoffs/handheld version

No Donald/Goofy.
Donald and Goofy screaming is like the easiest 'button' in the world to make me laugh. Especially Goofy's exaggerated yodel scream and Donald just screaming during battle. Never can get enough.
*Sigh* Every damn time I order a game from amazon it doesn't come until late...But when I order some shorts they come at like 11:00 AM..

The UPS guys are trolls >_>.

It's why I always go with Gamestop or Amazon. UPS likes to show up at 7 pm around here.

So are all of the first edition games have the artbook (and is it only 24 pages?) I just picked one up from Target on my lunch break without a preorder and this is what they gave me.

Proud can be pretty challenging. The enemies are aggressive and they hurt quite a bit. I've been killed a few times because I didn't heal at slightly under half hp. I just revisited Traverse Town after finish 2 worlds and those flying heartless there can kill me in 2-3 hits. For the few bosses I've fought against, they had at least one attack that would damage me for more than half of my health.

Nintendo would have absolutely no say in that.

The main reason we'd have had Re:Coded be the one that got teased in the new credits instead of DDD is because, at the time that the KH 1.5 HD Remix came out in Japan, DDD hadn't even been out for a year in much of the world. Don't want to kneecap its sales.

But yeah, when 2.5 *does* get announced, it's really likely to include the DDD cutscenes, I think.

Scan and Guard are very good examples of abilities that help to explain why KH2 implemented the Bonus Level system.

Seriously, the prospect of doing LV1 playthroughs without ever having access to either of those... *shudder*

Played a few hours this morning. Pleased to say it's sharp as hell, no slowdown so far, no screen tearing. Music sounds amazing, outputs in 7.1.

Happy as hell.

Derrick01

Banned
Haven't started playing yet but I have to say the dynamic theme that came with the gamestop preorder is pretty sweet. Love how it changes to various disney worlds.

Shinjiru

I think it's great that they kept the original poster design for this launch as they did when it first came out. I have an original from back when (but it's double-sided):

KxhvecJ.jpg

I remember the cashier giving me that poster when I picked up Kingdom Hearts PS2 on launch day. I wasn't expecting it so it was a nice surprise.

Amazon shipped my copy today. It should be here by Friday.

FSLink

Banned
DDD should get a Final Mix just for 2.5, and it brings back command melding from BBS, and makes the dream eater stuff just skills for your dream eaters instead of tying your skills to them. And rebalance when you get parts of Flowmotion instead of getting it all at once.

Of course this will never happen. :(

Derrick01

Banned
Will you be ok? I feel like you're going to kill yourself by the end of Kingdom Hearts.

I finished the first game back when it came out and even then when my tolerance for batshit crazy and nonsensical stories was higher I still couldn't understand what was going on and didn't bother.

It was a fun game though.

I officially hate UPS! God damn you for saying its out for delivery yet its not here in my hands.

I should have ordered from Gamestop! T_T

Seriously Amazon needs to think about this for the future. I shudder to think when on November the 15th my PS4 will arrive from them. >.>^

Again as a tip, be careful with the Air Pirate Heartless if you are playing Proud Mode.

Those suckers will kill you easily. Staff users especially as they don't get second chance early.

Ponn

Banned
So i took tomorrow off, got my snacks ready, planned on staying up all night with this. Amazon didnt send mine for release date delivery, in fact they sent it freaking smartpost. They gave me some BS exuse about running out of stock even though ive had this preordered since it first popped up. Also they shipped it last night, kind of hard to be out of stock and still neason it couldnt have been shipped release date.

DDD should get a Final Mix just for 2.5, and it brings back command melding from BBS, and makes the dream eater stuff just skills for your dream eaters instead of tying your skills to them. And rebalance when you get parts of Flowmotion instead of getting it all at once.

Of course this will never happen. :(

I'd be a fan of this if they also drastically increased the experience Dream Eaters get in battle and cut the horrid Water Barrel minigame out altogether.

But seriously the entire game would need a top-to-bottom redesign. Let it go. It's broken. Let's just get the HD cutscenes.

FSLink

Banned
I'd be a fan of this if they also drastically increased the experience Dream Eaters get in battle and cut the horrid Water Barrel minigame out altogether.

But seriously the entire game would need a top-to-bottom redesign. Let it go. It's broken. Let's just get the HD cutscenes.

Yeah. It'll never happen, I'm hoping for at least HD cutscenes since adding Coded cutscenes to that package doesn't add much story wise, haha.
Still getting it regardless for 2 Final Mix <3

LAA

I remember the cashier giving me that poster when I picked up Kingdom Hearts PS2 on launch day. I wasn't expecting it so it was a nice surprise.

Amazon shipped my copy today. It should be here by Friday.

Seeing that makes me realize I need KH posters... ha ha.
Hope KH1.5 comes with the "newer" version of that artwork, where all the characters are CG and roxas/axel are underneath.

ShopTo just dispatched KH1.5 Limited edition, hopefully get it tomorrow, but they shipped quite late, so maybe thursday.

EDIT: Wait... whats this about Pride Rock being nerfed in KH2FM?!
You mean that mountain where all those fish keep respawning?! I used that to get to level 99 in KH2 as quick as I could!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I didn't realize how the visuals can be so ugly and jarring at times in this game. The faces look so bad at times it's not even funny. Considering it's an old game I'm not surprised but lol. Also, I hate the stupid homing attacks that Sora does. There's no free control of attacks and there's just some sort of lock-on-esque movement. Ugh. Also, Sora takes like 1/9 of the screen. So annoying.

Seda

I didn't realize how the visuals can be so ugly and jarring at times in this game. The faces look so bad at times it's not even funny. Considering it's an old game I'm not surprised but lol. Also, I hate the stupid homing attacks that Sora does. There's no free control of attacks and there's just some sort of lock-on-esque movement. Ugh. Also, Sora takes like 1/9 of the screen. So annoying.

Yep, in the first game especially, there's a big difference in the high poly face and the low poly (fish mouth) face.

And I usually remove skills like Aerial Sweep for (I think?) similar reasoning that you mention.

Also, turns out I may not be able to start this tonight. Stupid work.

TheContact

I picked this up before work I'm on my way home to play it now. I played the original Kingdom Hearts have not played the other two

Yep, in the first game especially, there's a big difference in the high poly face and the low poly (fish mouth) face.

And I usually remove skills like Aerial Sweep for (I think?) similar reasoning that you mention.

Also, turns out I may not be able to start this tonight. Stupid work.

I'm probably keeping Aerial Sweep off until I get Combo Master yeah.

Derrick01

Banned
Holy shit the 3 on 1 fight. As if I needed more examples on how modern gaming has ruined my skills. I didn't even last 15 seconds lol.

My 13 year old self is laughing at me right now.

sn00zer

Holy shit the 3 on 1 fight. As if I needed more examples on how modern gaming has ruined my skills. I didn't even last 15 seconds lol.

My 13 year old self is laughing at me right now.

You just dont remember getting wrecked as a kid....has nothing to do with modern games, that fight is hard as hell....prepare to think modern games ruined your abilities when you fight Sephiroth the first time

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I forgot how good the models in this game looked, especially the Disney ones and the Moogles.

Makes me wish Disney did more big budget games, honestly.

Top Bottom