• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Holy shit the 3 on 1 fight. As if I needed more examples on how modern gaming has ruined my skills. I didn't even last 15 seconds lol.

My 13 year old self is laughing at me right now.

It's a pretty tough fight because you probably don't have Guard and you definitely don't have Dodge Roll, yeah.

Derrick01

Banned
You just dont remember getting wrecked as a kid....has nothing to do with modern games, that fight is hard as hell....prepare to think modern games ruined your abilities when you fight Sephiroth the first time

Yeah I remember it being pretty tough. Thankfully I finally did it after 4 tries, but I had to grind a level on Tidus to raise my strength first :p

Haven't started playing yet but I have to say the dynamic theme that came with the gamestop preorder is pretty sweet. Love how it changes to various disney worlds.

Holy crap. Thank you! Didn't even know my GS preorder had this.

Game looks really beautiful. I wasn't expecting it to be this gorgeous.

I remember it being pretty key to take out Wakka first, then Tidus, then Selphie.

I did Selphie -> Tidus -> Wakka. Wakka can't really hit you if you keep moving and using jump attacks. Selphie goes down the quickest and her attacks are the easiest to parry with jump attacks. Then when she's gone, just wait until Wakka throws a ball before parrying Tidus and getting 3 hits on him. Rinse and repeat until he's dead and then it's just Wakka left.

sn00zer

Yeah I remember it being pretty tough. Thankfully I finally did it after 4 tries, but I had to grind a level on Tidus to raise my strength first :p

yep some of the hardest fights are in the beginning....the three on one and actually beating Leon when you first meet him

yep some of the hardest fights are in the beginning....the three on one and actually beating Leon when you first meet him

The Leon fight is pretty simple as long as you get out of the way of his ranged attack, IMO.

But yeah, the portion of the game before you learn the Cure spell is absolutely more challenging in general than the portion afterward.

just laying on the front door.

aLdo2PR.jpg

i was expecting the LE to be a bit thicker.

Fusebox

Banned
Just waiting on the postie to deliver mine. Never played the KH series before and I'm really excited. Do I need to know anything or just dive into the first game and go for it?

Was at Target earlier and decided to go ahead and buy this. To my surprise it was the LE! Been so long since I played KH and I never beat the handheld games. Hopefully they release KH2 also. I never beat that one either.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The voice quality is sort of bad. Unless my television is fucking up for some reason with this just game...

Haha cool, well I beat him =) Proud mode is fun

You beat him as I was writing that! Good job, my friend. This games intro brings back all kinds of memories. I've probably played through it more than 5 times

EDIT: Can you skip cutscenes in this one, out of curiosity? I remember wanted to skip some during my last play through

You beat him as I was writing that! Good job, my friend. This games intro brings back all kinds of memories. I've probably played through it more than 5 times

EDIT: Can you skip cutscenes in this one, out of curiosity? I remember wanted to skip some during my last play through

Yeah you can skip cutscenes.

graywolf323

man I wish I had preordered this, the theme looks awesome but I was hoping it would get a digital release and by the time I realized it wasn't going to it was too late :(

Was at Target earlier and decided to go ahead and buy this. To my surprise it was the LE! Been so long since I played KH and I never beat the handheld games. Hopefully they release KH2 also. I never beat that one either.

Same here, I think the amount that Target ordered resulted in them only receiving the only LE. It happens, they have been getting stingy on their game purchases lately (look at how few games they have on clearance now a days, a few years ago you could find gold, now only scraps.)

There are some lies ITT >_>

Take it from an owner of Final Mix who has beaten KH1FM Proud and KH2FM Level 1 run on Critical... TAKE THE SHIELD. You get the best abilities the earliest. Why people are saying to take the staff is beyond me. Maybe they are trying to use vanilla KH1 as a basis of what to pick...

Top Bottom