• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

There are some lies ITT >_>

Take it from an owner of Final Mix who has beaten KH1FM Proud and KH2FM Level 1 run on Critical... TAKE THE SHIELD. You get the best abilities the earliest. Why people are saying to take the staff is beyond me. Maybe they are trying to use vanilla KH1 as a basis of what to pick...

Heresy!

There are some lies ITT >_>

Take it from an owner of Final Mix who has beaten KH1FM Proud and KH2FM Level 1 run on Critical... TAKE THE SHIELD. You get the best abilities the earliest. Why people are saying to take the staff is beyond me. Maybe they are trying to use vanilla KH1 as a basis of what to pick...

Staff gives out the most balanced stats, which is really important, especially for the endgame stuff. The long term benefits of going Staff (In Final Mix or otherwise) outweigh the benefits of getting a few decent abilities early. Getting two pretty good AoE combo finishers and a pretty great aerial finisher early on is a plus, too.

For the record, I just chose the Staff and ditched the Sword. Playing on Proud Mode, so extra defense is a must.

Never played this series before. I'll have my copy shortly.

Everyone has spoken so highly of it for years. I hope that with the total lack of nostalgia goggles, I will still enjoy this game.

That and being spoiled by more modern games and then going back to play something over ten years old. Sometimes that can be difficult.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For the record, I just chose the Staff and ditched the Sword. Playing on Proud Mode, so extra defense is a must.
Based on what I've heard & read about Staff, I think this is what I'm gonna try on Normal & Proud. Might switch it around for Beginner so I can have higher strength to take down bosses faster, thus getting the speedrun trophy....unless magic has good attacks as well.

Holmes

Well that only took a whole 10 minutes to get all the Days trophies.

I think I want to try the Staff for my first playthrough on Normal, but Shield for Proud and Beginner (speed run/no equipment change/15 hours).

I've never gotten very far in the original KH. I picked up the HD version mostly as a collection piece (this sweet, sweet Limited Edition piece), and I hope I can convince myself to play through it.

Played about 30 min. Looks and sounds excellent but I must have forgotten how awful the camera controls are. Played against wakka for a bit to get o Lvl 5. I'm on proud selected staff and gave up shield and went with midday for experience gain.

Layd Dly

Received my LE copy from Amazon this afternoon but of course another item damaged. They decided to add it to my box of subscribe and save items which of course was too big and then UPS decided to crush half of it during shipping. FML

Seda

Battling duels on Destiny Islands. I'm so used to L+R camera controls for this game, still getting used to using the right stick.

Samyy

Just started a new semester but my brother pick this up so I'll probably be playing this for the first time. Limiting myself to 30 minutes a day so hopefully theres easily accessible save points.

Considering how freaking hard the early game in Proud Mode is and how hard enemies hit, I'm not regretting choosing the Shield over the Staff one bit. Leaf Bracer and Second Chance can't come soon enough.

Graphics look super crisp, and the music sounds really full of depth. Seems like a pretty damn good looking HD remake. Makes me imagine the ff x HD will look incredible as well. Art book was nice as well, but I wish it had a DVD box to fit naturally on my ps3 game shelf.

#TeamSword

Don't listen to the Staff losers. They use their petty magic to get the easy wins vs heartless. All you need is strength!

Go for the Dream Sword! Leave Shield in the dust. Dodge Roll makes defense worthless for the most part if you are good at the game.

Wow, one thing that caught me off-guard about this game, from watching some Twitch streams....is the insane amount and length of loading screens. What's up with that?

Wow, one thing that caught me off-guard about this game, from watching some Twitch streams....is the insane amount and length of loading screens. What's up with that?

I'm 2.5 hours in and there has barely been any loading at all o.0

In other news I went Shield and dropped the Sword.

Holmes

#TeamSword

Don't listen to the Staff losers. They use their petty magic to get the easy wins vs heartless. All you need is strength!

Go for the Dream Sword! Leave Shield in the dust. Dodge Roll makes defense worthless for the most part if you are good at the game.
Congrats on the extra strength stat.

RPGCrazied

Damn, this game is so beautiful in 1080i/p on a 32" LCD. No jaggies in sight, least I can't see them. My sharpness on my TV is at 0 though.

I'm 2.5 hours in and there has barely been any loading at all o.0

In other news I went Shield and dropped the Sword.

The black loading screen with the KH logo in the bottom-right corner? You don't see that? It pops up all the time in the streams I'm watching. Do you have an SSD?

NyMartin

Banned
Received my LE copy from Amazon this afternoon but of course another item damaged. They decided to add it to my box of subscribe and save items which of course was too big and then UPS decided to crush half of it during shipping. FML

picked up my LE from gamestop and the cardboard slip was also damaged on the top, noticed when I took off the wrap -___-

What do you guys think is the most optimized way to customize Donald and Goofy?

If I'm playing on Proud, should I put HP items to Immediately? Because I might be dying very quickly.

Holmes

Ugh, am I a little rusty or is Leon tougher? I seem to remember being able to beat him just fine in the vanilla version.

ARRRG!!! Never again Amazon! Its going to be 9 soon and my copy has not been delivered. I'm really pissed off now!

I was really looking forward to having a lot of time to play but this is depressing me!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Um.

Is anyone else have any sound issues? Like, the sound just disappears for a second altogether before suddenly reappearing? o_o

LycanXIII

Finished 358/2 earlier today. One thing I wish was different was that they animated some of the fights instead of showing the talking, then the aftermath.

Top Bottom