• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Went staff for the first time.

Can't even beat Riku in the 1-on-1 fight on the starting island T__T

I know, I'm absolutely terrible.

If you fight Riku really slowly you'll win.

Just take your time, hit him once, and run in circles lol.

If you try to do a 3 hit combo, he'll probably end up doing that flip kick so its not worth it.

PotatoCat

Ugh, UPS didn't deliver mine today even if the package was in their office since this morning.... Now I'm gonna have to wait tomorrow.

I've been playing for 2 hours and haven't had any audio glitches. I am on a 160GB Slim with HDMI into my Samsung TV. Any chance it could be caused by 5.1+?

Almost done with Destiny Island. Beat Tidus, Wakka and Selphi. Also beat up Riku a couple times. Can't remember if there is anything else to do. So far Proud mode hasn't been bad. I know the game has barely started but so far picking staff and dropping the sword hasn't caused me any issues.

Every 4 hits, he'll fall back and counter. All you have to do is move away from him after every 4th hit you land. His other attacks are easily dodged by just running around. Hit him after he swings and misses.

Almost done with Destiny Island. Beat Tidus, Wakka and Selphi. Also beat up Riku a couple times. Can't remember if there is anything else to do. So far Proud mode hasn't been bad. I know the game has barely started but so far picking staff and dropping the sword hasn't caused me any issues.

Remember the secret Protect Chain!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I've been playing for 2 hours and haven't had any audio glitches. I am on a 160GB Slim with HDMI into my Samsung TV. Any chance it could be caused by 5.1+?

Hm, I'm on a stereo setup. This problem doesn't usually cause a completely drop off mind, but it's possible.

Holmes

Nah, you get Thunder just by breaking some barrels.

And it's useful! These pesky swarms of shadows are gone in one cast mwahaha
Oh right. I forgot all about that. Not looking forward to Cerberus though, especially after some struggles with the first two bosses. Proud will be fun.

Wow that's weird with everyone having troubles with Trickmaster. I remember him being one of the easiest bosses. I always got my ass kicked by Clayton+Cerberus and TM was a cakewalk.

Seda

Are you not playing Napalm? Just hanging out in the thread?

I'm almost at Trickmaster, some of the comments are persuading me to just fight around for an extra level or two before I tackle him.

LycanXIII

I know that feel. 10 years of not playing really hurts. Modern gaming button mashing doesn't either.
BT2UB1JCcAAcYXD.jpg

But hey, it leveled me up at least!

CRS

I guess I'm buying a PS3 for Kingdom Hearts. Will wait until next week since I decided to get the GTA V bundle.

I know that feel. 10 years of not playing really hurts. Modern gaming button mashing doesn't either.
BT2UB1JCcAAcYXD.jpg

But hey, it leveled me up at least!

I gave up when he beat me 4 times in a row. I beat that girl once, fought the guy with the volleyball and lost like 3 times in a row and just decided to move on with the story. I did grind to level 7 after getting the keyblade tho before leaving destiny island.

BHK3

Banned
I remember beating the 3 at the same time with incredibly little effort

Then again I stayed on destiny islands till I was like level 15

I was a weird kid...

Also, can anyone take a screenshot of merlins house when you first enter the fire door? It looks amazing @.@

Prophezz

Banned
I bought this game but I've yet to play it. The packaging is very nice. It comes in a book-type case with sketches. I was a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 so this was a no-brainer pick up for me.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I want to buy this collection and play through Kingdom Hearts again, but I remind myself that it takes roughly thirty hours to 100% it. Granted that is a lot of game time, but I recall leveling so quickly and beating all optional bosses in such a short amount of time that I loathed finishing the game, or completing it, because I enjoyed it so much.

:[

As of now I'm level 5 and can beat the trio easily on Proud Mode.

Some tips for those that struggle with beating the trio of Tidus and gang. Stun Wakka with his own Ball and then beat the crap out of Selphi and then focus on Tidus or vice versa. Wakka should be the last but easiest to go down if you got the timing down.

Time to hunt down Riku and beat his ass. Then to get off Destiny Island.

BTW I have to say that Cerberus was the hardest boss for me as a kid but that might be different this time around with Trickmaster in Final Mix. I'll have to watch out.

Seda

I'm really appreciating the slightly upped difficulty of Proud mode. Just took on Cerberus and really had a lot of fun with it. I need to invest in some ethers~

Top Bottom