• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Feels like everyone here on GAF is playing on the hardest difficulty o.o

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I feel like such a noob :( 2 more days...

Ken

Welp, impulse bought it along with Puppeteer while I was at Gamestop. Any helpful tips I should know before going in (I have no real KH experience).

What's all that Staff stuff about?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Welp, impulse bought it along with Puppeteer while I was at Gamestop. Any helpful tips I should know before going in (I have no real KH experience).

What's all that Staff stuff about?

Don't be a crazy person and play it on Proud mode your first time.

The staff is the only starting choice available in the game. They try to list options like 'sword' and 'shield' but those are just tricks. Staff is the only form of gameplay.

Are
Vexen 2, Riiku Replica and Ansem
nearly as bad in re:com than they were in gba version in hard difficulty? I never put much time to re:com before the collection. I was quite happy with gba version and cutscenes from youtube.

Ken

The staff is the only starting choice available in the game. They try to list options like 'sword' and 'shield' but those are just tricks. Staff is the only form of gameplay.

Well I suppose the Dragonzord can always be trusted.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_m3gyx8Mxbf1r06r2io1_500.jpg

This version would still have better writing than Kingdom Hearts 2

Tsunamo

Are
Vexen 2, Riiku Replica and Ansem
nearly as bad in re:com than they were in gba version in hard difficulty? I never put much time to re:com before the collection. I was quite happy with gba version and cutscenes from youtube.
There's more sleights you can use that make their battles much more easier, Lethal Frame in particular makes boss battles rediculously easy.
Vexen 2
feels just as hard if you don't use sleights well and
Ansems battle is more easier due to the use of the duel mechanic being added to Rikus story which makes using sleights and battles easier (imo)
Repliriku's final battle with Sora
in particular feels like they nerfed it a bit compared to the GBA version though.

Subaru

Why there's no Kingdom Hearts online?
We don't have KH HD Remix 1.5 and Birth By Sleep on PSN and Drop Dead Diva Dream Drop Distance on eshop.

I've hear that is Utada's fault, is it true?

Holmes

Is anyone else getting a weird bugs where the characters aren't voiced in cutscenes? :-(
I haven't experienced that yet. But there was a scene at the beginning where Kairi's speech sounded a bit slowed down. Sort of like when someone is talking to you on Skype and it lags a bit.

Himself

I don't give two shits about Disney, but I can definitely appreciate a good JRPG. Is this game for me?

I really don't know much about KH so I don't know how much of a factor people's connection to Disney stuff is in their enjoyment of the game.

Betty

Banned
I don't give two shits about Disney, but I can definitely appreciate a good JRPG. Is this game for me?

I'd say so, you may not like the rest of the games in the series, but KH1 is definitely worth a look.

Also, got the game! limited edition is quite nice.

RPGCrazied

They could easily fix the audio issues with a patch, will SE do it? Probably not. I don't think I've had any issue. I don't remember if there was any voice on this scene, but when Riku lands at Hallow Basition and he is screaming for Sora/Kairi, there is no voice. Was that a voiced scene? If so, then I have the problem.

160gb slim.

Valnen

I really don't know much about KH so I don't know how much of a factor people's connection to Disney stuff is in their enjoyment of the game.

I'm not terribly into Disney either. I play this series for the gameplay and Square Enix fan service. If you like action RPG's, there is no reason to skip this series.

Shahed

Bad timing! I expected to finish up on Xillia around Friday, just in time for me to start this.

Then the game arrives today two days early. I'm so tempted to start it, but I should really finish Xillia first

Betty

Banned
Three playthroughs for KH 1 is manageable but still annoying, doing the same for both Riku and Sora for Memories is gonna be quite a struggle though. Seriously Square, stackable trophies are a thing now, implement them.

Go_Ly_Dow

Wooop. Dispatched today so will get it a day early. Gotta get through as much of this as possible before college starts. (Just 2 days!)

Groof

Man going through this thread is making me so hyped for my copy to arrive, even though I probably won't be able to dive in straight away!

Betty

Banned
What was so bad about KH2? I actually liked it over the original.

Generally the vanilla version is much easier compared to KH1, only the later bosses give you any real trouble, it has less explorable areas and some felt the prologue was over long and the story got a little out of hand.

Personally I'd say the Final Mix version of KH 2 not only fixes most of the glaring issues, but is overall the best Kingdom Hearts game so far.

FSLink

Banned

Not a huge fan of how it ended, and the Reaction Commands being way overpowered along with the Forms being useless (enemies were too easy to honestly use them outside of being flashy) and weak end-game content.

2 Final Mix fixed my gameplay complaints though. :3 That one's my favorite in the series.

Tsunamo

I'm not all that sure to be honest, outside of fighting Heartless. Munny becomes extremely trivial part way through the game though; you'll have more than you could ever possibly need.
Yeah agreed. If you really want a bunch of Munny early-game the best way is just to grind on heartless a bunch.
We don't have KH HD Remix 1.5 and Birth By Sleep on PSN and Drop Dead Diva Dream Drop Distance on eshop.

There's a browser game where you can fight in a party with your friends but that's Japan only at the moment.

I don't know the specific issue and assumed it was more a Disney one rather than Utadas fault, but that could also explain why none of them have seen a digital release.
They could easily fix the audio issues with a patch, will SE do it? Probably not. I don't think I've had any issue. I don't remember if there was any voice on this scene, but when Riku lands at Hallow Basition and he is screaming for Sora/Kairi, there is no voice. Was that a voiced scene? If so, then I have the problem.
It's a new scene added in Final Mix which didn't have any voice acting in the Japanese version either so it's not a audio issue.

MilkBeard

ha ha ha ha...ha ha ha, ha...like me.

Well, difficulty hasn't been too much of a problem so far, although it took me several tries to beat the bell boss in Traverse Town with the separating limbs. Actually, I basically kept dying until I found the best method for beating it.

I also beat all three at once (Tidus, Selphie and...the other guy, can't remember his name) before leaving Destiny Island.

Proud really isn't that bad so far. I'm sure there will be a few difficult moments up ahead, but it feels doable. All the non-boss battles are still a joke so far.

hamchan

It was too easy and the opening was too slow and boring. I liked it more than KH1 too purely because it didn't play like crap, like the original KH1 did with that horrendous camera.

KH2: Final Mix is the best game in the series anyways with the amount of things they added and changes they did, such a damn impressive package. 2.5 Remix really needs to happen.

RPGCrazied

It's a new scene added in Final Mix which didn't have any voice acting in the Japanese version either so it's not a audio issue.

Are there a lot of those new scenes? Well, good to know they aren't voiced. But you'd think 6 months to localize this, they probably could have got those voiced.

I'm not all that sure to be honest, outside of fighting Heartless. Munny becomes extremely trivial part way through the game though; you'll have more than you could ever possibly need.
Actually, you will probably have to farm munny a bit. They removed the Orihalcon drop from the angels and put it in the shop for 5000 munnies.
I had to go out of my way to get the weapons trophy.

Kikujiro

That's what I read, it's actually now Disney's fault, but Japanese laws regarding digital distributions of songs.

Groof

Will it be alright for someone who hasn't played the game for several years to jump into Proud mode immediately?

Top Bottom