• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do the mouths move during these scenes with no VA?

Ath

Sweet, my copy just arrived from ShopTo. I've never played any of them so this should be interesting. Gonna give it a go now.

Tsunamo

Will it be alright for someone who hasn't played the game for several years to jump into Proud mode immediately?
The game has a few bosses that are a real pain on proud and will take a bit of grinding or awhile to beat, but I had trouble with them when I was younger playing on lower difficultys. If you managed okay with other Kingdom Hearts games on proud I'd say you should be able to manage okay for the mostpart Groof.
Are there a lot of those new scenes? Well, good to know they aren't voiced. But you'd think 6 months to localize this, they probably could have got those voiced.
There's only a few of them and the ones where they can fit voice acting in involve Riku which has the problem of the voice actor being older so he'd tend to sound different compared to the rest of the game in those scenes.

The real interesting thing will be if they voice the new Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix scenes considering they wont have the voice actors being older and sounding different problem there.
Yeah.

There are only really two scenes where this happens and it isn't that bad because of reasons. They both feature Riku outside of your main party and are a bit dreamlike so it isn't too jarring. The only new scene with your main party is when you confront the new optional boss and they actually reuse some old voices for the few lines Sora and Goofy say.

The problem is KH2FM. They most likely have them voiced in japanese since they recorded those lines already to be available in theatre more (tho during normal playthrough they are mute since the game is in english voices) but that changes when they change it to japanese like they did with this collection. KH2FM scenes would be quite jarring without voices since there are quite a few of them. Like 20 mins worth IIRC while KH1fm has like 5 mins or something.

Groof

The game has a few bosses that are a real pain on proud and will take a bit of grinding or awhile to beat, but I had trouble with them when I was younger playing on lower difficultys. If you managed okay with other ones on proud I'd say you should be able to manage okay for the mostpart Groof.

Gotcha. I'll have to do a bit of grinding in Destiny Islands to get the groove back. Never played KH1 on Proud, but I did beat all the other ones on Proud.

Andrefpvs

The real interesting thing will be if they voice the new Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix scenes considering they wont have the voice actors being older and sounding different problem there. Yeah.

I'll actually be disappointed if the new KH2FM scenes aren't voiced. There's a few of them and some are actually long.

Atruvius

Is there still a missable trinity mark in the Halloween level? I remember how devastated I was when I was searching for all the collectibles and read where my only missing trinity mark was.

Aru

I've beaten KH1 on normal difficulty when it was originally released. I found KH2 easy on Normal setting and so I chose Proud for BBS and max difficulty for the majority of KH Coded.
Were there any difficulty settings for 358/2 on DS ? I can't remember.
I'm not sure about playing KH HD in Proud mode. I want a fair challenge.

wilflare

guess everyone is busy playing this but has anyone got a sexy custom cover up?
rather put the disc in its proper case
let the artbook case be its own independent work of art <3

Seda

I've beaten KH1 on normal difficulty when it was originally released. I found KH2 easy on Normal setting and so I chose Proud for BBS and max difficulty for the majority of KH Coded.
Were there any difficulty settings for 358/2 on DS ? I can't remember.
I'm not sure about playing KH HD in Proud mode. I want a fair challenge.

I'm actually very very glad Proud mode can actually be difficult at times. It's not a stretch for me to say I appreciate that more than the upped resolution.

I'm actually very very glad Proud mode can actually be difficult at times. It's not a stretch for me to say I appreciate that more than the upped resolution.

Proud mode is lovely and well-balanced, yeah. I appreciate the challenge but it feels fair. KH2FM's Critical mode, on the other hand, is a bit much (it was fun to be able to beat it, but it occasionally felt actually unfair).

Roubjon

Proud mode is lovely and well-balanced, yeah. I appreciate the challenge but it feels fair. KH2FM's Critical mode, on the other hand, is a bit much (it was fun to be able to beat it, but it occasionally felt actually unfair).

Is it harder than BBS's and DDD's critical mode?

Eh, that's a difficult comparison to make. KH2FM gives you tons and tons of tools to stun and damage and block/evade enemies, and Critical Mode is a great way to force you to be imaginative with your massive bag of tricks. But, IMO, part of forcing you to experiment and think creatively/play skillfully in order to succeed should also involve keeping you on the run and thinking fast instead of having you die nearly instantly if you fuck up.

KH2 critical mode is the easiest imo. But mainly because the balancing in BBS and DDD are fuckin horrible. Like if you do zero grinding/work on melding in BBS you do absolutely terrible damage with Aqua for example. KH2 is more fair and you can do damage that doesn't drive you absolutely crazy even with EXP-0 on.

The only difference between BBS Proud and Critical is that in Critical the damage you do is halved. It's just fuckin stupid.

Roubjon

Eh, that's a difficult comparison to make. KH2FM gives you tons and tons of tools to stun and damage and block/evade enemies, and Critical Mode is a great way to force you to be imaginative with your massive bag of tricks. But, IMO, part of forcing you to experiment and think creatively/play skillfully in order to succeed should also involve keeping you on the run and thinking fast instead of having you die nearly instantly if you fuck up.

KH2 critical mode is the easiest imo. But mainly because the balancing in BBS and DDD are fuckin horrible. Like if you do zero grinding/work on melding in BBS you do absolutely terrible damage with Aqua for example. KH2 is more fair and you can do damage that doesn't drive you absolutely crazy even with EXP-0 on.

Cool, critical mode sounds like the way to go then. Can't wait for KH2.5.

Exodist

Quick question for anyone who owns this: can you skip the cut-scenes? Just wondering whether Square added that feature, cus I wanna know if they're gonna put it into X and X-2 HD. I mean, surely, right?

Plasmid

Does anyone know the earliest point you can get The Ultima Keyblade? I loved grinding for it as a kid and want to do it as soon as I can.

Roubjon

You need to reach the end of the game since you need materials dropped by Neoshadows. They only appear at the last savepoint.

The Heartless designs that spawn in that area are so good. Like, way above any other enemy in the entire series. I always wished they created more like those ones.

Seda

Also, getting Ultima weapon is more difficult to obtain in Final Mix due to changes in material requirements and new heartless. I don't know the specifics ; Weaponknight / Seven Force or another more familiar can elaborate if they want.

ok, I REALLY don't remember this game being so hard to get around in. I got stuck as hell in Wunderland trying to find my way to the boss and now I've been running around the panther cave for a few hours trying to find how to move on. It's never very clear where to go next : (

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I can't get over just how gorgeous this game is. They did a great job with the uprez, and it makes me optimistic for FFX.

Aru

Also, getting Ultima weapon is more difficult to obtain in Final Mix due to changes in material requirements and new heartless. I don't know the specifics ; Weaponknight / Seven Force or another more familiar can elaborate if they want.

I remember being able to beat Sephiroth around level 80 with the Lionheart Keyblade. It was tough but damn, I was proud back then.
I think I'll go with Proud this time but I'll skip Sephiroth. He's way too hard.

Cool, critical mode sounds like the way to go then. Can't wait for KH2.5.

Yeah, in 2.5's Critical mode you dish out tons of damage just like the enemies do, which helps. That and the hitstun make it more fair than BBS/DDD's Critical mode.

But... brrr, that fucking Remnant battle on Critical difficulty is just brutal.

ok, I REALLY don't remember this game being so hard to get around in. I got stuck as hell in Wunderland trying to find my way to the boss and now I've been running around the panther cave for a few hours trying to find how to move on. It's never very clear where to go next : (

It's just the way games used to be. This gen had hand holding cranked up to max, so it's a huge shock to the system at first.

Yeah, in 2.5's Critical mode you dish out tons of damage just like the enemies do, which helps. That and the hitstun make it more fair than BBS/DDD's Critical mode.

But... brrr, that fucking Remnant battle on Critical difficulty is just brutal.

Critical mode in KH2FM was so good. The Terra fight was hard, but once you got the pattern down it was a piece of cake.

The hardest parts for me were some of those forced "regular" encounters with groups of heartless/nobodies. Some of them were so damn cheap.

Seda

It's just the way games used to be. This gen had hand holding cranked up to max, so it's a huge shock to the system at first.

There is certainly some truth to this, but Wonderland is a bit maze-like - perhaps intentional to fit the tone of the world. Deep Jungle is a little annoying as well because it's basically: go to the Campsite, go to the Treehouse, repeat three times, fight boss.

Vashetti

Banned
Wow the artbook is gorgeous.

Quite small (not many pages), but really nice quality.

Really glad I went with the limited edition. Can't wait to sit down and play :)

Vitanimus

Just out of interest, how important is playing about with party member AI settings? I don't remember really touching them in the original.

Pay attention to dialogue and you can usually get a reasonable sense of where to go next. But yeah, Wonderland, Deep Jungle, Atlantica, and the very first stages of Agrabah have a whole lot of hunt-the-cutscene going on if you don't pay attention to where they tell you to go next.

I can confirm that giving Goofy or Donald items is useless. They waste it almost immediately lol. Only give them items for bosses

Goofy just used a mega potion when I got hit once by thunder to a Black Ballade

gooby pls

Seda

I can confirm that giving Goofy or Donald items is useless. They waste it almost immediately lol. Only give them items for bosses

Basically what I do. In normal gameplay it's usually not necessary to give them items - there's plenty of save points around where you can heal up. But for boss fights, give Donald an ether and both even some simple potions and it really does help on bosses a fair amount.

I know some people refuse to ever give them items (even for boss fights) because they want to 'save' them but it really does remove some headache. (I still try to see if I can beat a boss without giving them items first though if I know the boss isn't too bad).

RPGCrazied

Maybe I am having audio issues, either that or my headphones suck. Every now an then I can hear pops or crackles in the audio. Doesn't do it to often, but its there. I'm playing in 1080i mode if that matters.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Ouch, no! I haven't had the sound drop like that yet. I just finished up/locked Wonderland. I hope I don't get that bug, I can live with every so often pop in the audio, but not sound dropping off altogether.

I wonder if these sound issues (popping, crackling, dropping) come from our individual sound setups or if the discs themselves are faulty.

Incidentally, did you get the LE or standard? I got standard.

Top Bottom