• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

RPGCrazied

I wonder if these sound issues (popping, crackling, dropping) come from our individual sound setups or if the discs themselves are faulty.

Incidentally, did you get the LE or standard? I got standard.

I have wireless Sony headphones, so it could totally be just interference on my end. I got the LE.

Am playing on a 160gb slim.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I have wireless Sony headphones, so it could totally be just interference on my end. I got the LE.

Am playing on a 160gb slim.

I have the same PS3, 160 GB slim, but it's a standard edition disc. I think I may have to stop at GameStop and see if I can exchange.

Basically what I do. In normal gameplay it's usually not necessary to give them items - there's plenty of save points around where you can heal up. But for boss fights, give Donald an ether and both even some simple potions and it really does help on bosses a fair amount.

I know some people refuse to ever give them items (even for boss fights) because they want to 'save' them but it really does remove some headache. (I still try to see if I can beat a boss without giving them items first though if I know the boss isn't too bad).

Eh, late in the game it's not a bad idea to use them to churn through your massive backlog of Potions and Hi-Potions.

Also, getting Ultima weapon is more difficult to obtain in Final Mix due to changes in material requirements and new heartless. I don't know the specifics ; Weaponknight / Seven Force or another more familiar can elaborate if they want.
The weapon itself is not that bad. You just need some new items from Final Mix and three Thunder Gems. The problem lies in making it available at the shop.

On the positive side, you have Encounter Up now, so it's easier to respawn waves of heartless.

Things to worry about:
Some of the new heartless are outright ridiculous, some of them really hard (if you think NeoShadows are the pushovers from KH2, think again), but some are comically easy.
You'll reach a point that will require about 30 (yes, thirty) Lucid Shards. Enjoy killing those cockroaches!
There are more items than the original game, and they require more items.
Orichalcum doesn't drop anymore. You'll have to buy it for 5000 munnies at the shop.

And at the end, you'll have made it for nothing, because Sephiroth will give you the One Winged Angel. Not to mention that #TeamStaff will be rocking the Diamond Dust a lot earlier.

I can confirm that giving Goofy or Donald items is useless. They waste it almost immediately lol. Only give them items for bosses

Goofy just used a mega potion when I got hit once by thunder to a Black Ballade

gooby pls
Goofy is preadjusted to use HP items as soon as you're hit. Did you customize his AI?

Tsunamo

I'd rather they didn't and just get the game out earlier.
I'd agree with you normally (especially given how long it took to localise 1.5) but as Frank said there's enough cutscenes in there to warrant doing it and they were voiced in the Japanese version so it would seem odd not to (but again this is Square-Enix)

Gotcha. I'll have to do a bit of grinding in Destiny Islands to get the groove back. Never played KH1 on Proud, but I did beat all the other ones on Proud.
Good luck Groof!
Does the sound ever completely drop for you like this?
Ouch, that's a nasty issue if it comes up often. I had no audio issues with the Japanese version (minus Re:CoM and using megaflare and killing 2/3 waves, but that's understandable given how quick it kills them all) and I played through Final Mix three times so it seems like these Audio bugs are only in the English version.

Guard armor is rocking me on proud mode. Some of his attacks seem inescapable.

Guard Armor telegraphs its attacks but you need to keep the camera focused on it. The stomping attacks are the worst, IMO, because they tend to take Donald and Goofy out over and over again (though the assorted arm-spinning attacks are dangerous too). Don't be afraid to keep your distance and let Donald and Goofy auto-resurrect after the 60 second (or whatever) timer if shit gets really bad.

Alec

Does anyone have a high-res version of this shot?

My_Friends_Are_My_Power!_01_KH3D.png

Hey KH-GAF. How's it goin? I chose the staff, so should I leave behind the shield or sword?

That basically affects whether leveling up gives you more strength or more defense. It's up to you.

If you're playing on Proud, giving up the sword so you can withstand a few more hits might be wise, but having higher strength lets you kill enemies faster so they have less opportunity to harm you. It's your call, but those are the options you have.

Basically, drop the shield if you're confident that you'll be good at evasion and blocking, drop the sword if you're not so sure and you want some additional insurance.

Just picked up a copy of the Special Edition or whatever it's called. I actually had no idea this game even existed and I'm just learning wtf it even is. I just kind of saw it in the store and said, "Um. hey, what's that?" and bought it. I actually went in to buy Puppeteer, but Gamestop tried to pull the ole, "Oh this is out last copy" bullshit and homie don't play dat.

But hey, I'm rambling.

Mononoke

Banned
Forgot I had this on pre-order through Amazon, and was just charged and shipped it. Derp. Do these games hold up? Considering sending it back. Just because I know I'll be busy with GTA V next week.

That basically affects whether leveling up gives you more strength or more defense. It's up to you.

If you're playing on Proud, giving up the sword so you can withstand a few more hits might be wise, but having higher strength lets you kill enemies faster so they have less opportunity to harm you. It's your call, but those are the options you have.

Basically, sword if you're confident that you'll be good at evasion and blocking, shield if you're not so sure.
Thanks.

Vashetti

Banned
Just picked up a copy of the Special Edition or whatever it's called. I actually had no idea this game even existed and I'm just learning wtf it even is. I just kind of saw it in the store and said, "Um. hey, what's that?" and bought it. I actually went in to buy Puppeteer, but Gamestop tried to pull the ole, "Oh this is out last copy" bullshit and homie don't play dat.

But hey, I'm rambling.

You are in for a whirlwind of emotions.

God, imagine playing KH1 for the first time.

Which is why I love the fact that you get Guard in the prologue/at the start in the other games.

Yeah. In retrospect, looking at KH1 makes it really obvious why the Bonus Level system was implemented from KH2 onward. Incredibly essential abilities like Guard shouldn't be tied to leveling, especially when some choices make sure you don't get it for a *long* time.

Forgot I had this on pre-order through Amazon, and was just charged and shipped it. Derp. Do these games hold up? Considering sending it back. Just because I know I'll be busy with GTA V next week.

There are few elements that are kinda from the wonky early PS2 era (few platforming sections can be clunky, camera still not optimal even after it has been improved in two occasions) in the first KH but they have improved it somewhat in the rerelease versions. That said it is one of those games I think everyone should give a chance, 999% so if you are a fan of (old) Square/Disney.

If you decide to send it back you will have to answer to me.

Yeah. In retrospect, looking at KH1 makes it really obvious why the Bonus Level system was implemented from KH2 onward. Incredibly essential abilities like Guard shouldn't be tied to leveling, especially when some choices make sure you don't get it for a *long* time.
And it fit perfectly in the lv1 challenge too. I won't even attempt that in KH1, it would be too boring with nothing but Dodge Roll.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Thinking about grabbing the shield and dropping the wand

or grab the shield and drop the sword

(haven't play more than maybe a hour or two in kingdom heart )

Thinking about grabbing the shield and dropping the wand

or grab the shield and drop the sword

(haven't play more than maybe a hour or two in the kingdom heart )

Honestly no matter what you choose as your weapon (#teamstaff master race) if you choose either Shield or Sword IMO I'd never drop Staff. Dropping staff means less AP and that is way more frustrating than lil lower Def or Str.

Dat feel when you need to unequip an ability :(

This game is still as hard as I remember it being. Maybe I'm just really bad at playing games. I still have a hard time beating Riku in Destiny Island at the beginning part of the game. I know it's not required to beat him, but I can't move on unless I win at least once. It so much easier to beat Selphie, Tidus and Waka at the same time.

Pretty sure way back when that i picked Sword...so i choose the Staff this time and dropped the Sword.

Played through Guard Armor last night. Game looks fantastic. Dat nostalgia!

Maybe i'll give Proud mode a go before the PS4 comes and pick Shield and drop Staff.

Mononoke

Banned
There are few elements that are kinda from the wonky early PS2 era (few platforming sections can be clunky, camera still not optimal even after it has been improved in two occasions) in the first KH but they have improved it somewhat in the rerelease versions. That said it is one of those games I think everyone should give a chance, 999% so if you are a fan of (old) Square/Disney.

If you decide to send it back you will have to answer to me.

Wouldn't want that. :p

I'll keep it and play it.

PureGone

Banned
Can't wait to actually finish the game this time!

I probably wont be able to again because of GTA V and Diablo 3 is currently being mailed to me

Top Bottom