• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

What the heck... I went to pick up my pre-order at Best Buy today and they gave me the standard edition (no LE upgrade) >=[

I have no reason why, but BB lists both versions of the game under the same SKU. I had to buy mine during a lull in the store because I didn't want someone taking the last one. Instead, I got the last one. My coworker was so sad, lol.

"Can I at least hold it?"

I guess it explains why they both cost the same price when I was preordering it in the first place, but it still doesn't make sense.

BHK3

Banned
Couple questions since my memory is bad for KH1

Is proud mode supposed to be this hard or do I just suck? That damn boss in Wonderland took me quite a few tries and so did the prelims in Colosseum(all those red and blue guys flying around shooting did a number on me).

This move called Ripple Drive and it's wrecking everything, was this in KH1? It seems like too good of a move for me to not remember...

That riku cutscene in the beginning where he wakes up at hollow bastion and calls out for sora and kairi, there was no audio, final mix addition or a problem on my end?

Went to GameStop a couple of blocks away and they still had a few copies of the LE. Picked one up and gonna return the other one to Best Buy.

They said that the artbook edition was sold out and it even said "NoArtbook" next to my pre-order on my receipt. I go to pick it up and the guy opens a full drawer of the artbook KH's and hands me one. Yay :3

abrack08

I had a hard time on it with my very first play through. Especially the boss. I'm going to try to grind as much as I can before that level.

I remember my older sister watching when I was playing, I kept getting killed by the boss, we would get so annoyed at the cutscene that plays before the fight. "Clayton... Not Clayton! *monkey noises*"

Couple questions since my memory is bad for KH1

Is proud mode supposed to be this hard or do I just suck? That damn boss in Wonderland took me quite a few tries and so did the prelims in Colosseum(all those red and blue guys flying around shooting did a number on me).

This move called Ripple Drive and it's wrecking everything, was this in KH1? It seems like too good of a move for me to not remember...

That riku cutscene in the beginning where he wakes up at hollow bastion and calls out for sora and kairi, there was no audio, final mix addition or a problem on my end?

They said that the artbook edition was sold out and it even said "NoArtbook" next to my pre-order on my receipt. I go to pick it up and the guy opens a full drawer of the artbook KH's and hands me one. Yay :3
Proud mode is supposed to be harder than OG Expert so I would think so.

Ripple Drive is one of 7 new attack modifiers added in the Final Mix

Riku cutscene is FM addition, no audio is intended.

Seda

Oh yes, getting Cure + MP Haste lessened the game's difficulty tremendously. From struggling on Stealth Sneak to dominating Opposite Armor.

Just noticed.

If you're having problems trying to jump to a ledge. When you get lose, press X to attack with your keyblade and it'll push you a little bit more forward.

Oh yes, getting Cure + MP Haste lessened the game's difficulty tremendously. From struggling on Stealth Sneak to dominating Opposite Armor.

Yup. It's one of those assorted difficulty drops you hit. Next one that comes up for you is, I think, getting Aero, then getting Tinker Bell.

Holmes

Wow. Cerberus went down easily. I remember losing to him so many times the first time I played this game way back when. Trickmaster was so far the most difficult fight.

Cure is basically a godsend.

Derrick01

Banned
Haha I forgot Angel voiced Leon. Also forgot just how much there was to do in this game. I don't think I'm going to be able to finish it before GTA comes out :(

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Well, I tried one last thing which was to use a soft cloth and wipe the bottom of the disc to make sure there was no dust and it was as clean as a mirror shine. Same glitch with the sound dropping out occured. :mad:

I'm going to see if Gamestop is willing to exchange (hah, likely not, here's hoping though)

Unchanging Armor
Clear the game without changing your equipment.
9575bf0b275d2bac2b9896eb3deff402.gif

Is there a new game plus to do this with? What's the recommended playthough progression? I was going to do proud first.

Seda

Phil Cup Time Trial took a few attempts but I succeeded. I notice they changed the rewards for these.

On to Agrabah.

Holmes

Lance Bass is a cool guy. I like him. You all were/still are being totally reactionary towards his involvement and just hated him for the sake of hating him.

9575bf0b275d2bac2b9896eb3deff402.gif

Is there a new game plus to do this with? What's the recommended playthough progression? I was going to do proud first.

Difficulty trophies do not stack so if you want platinum you need 3 playthroughs anyway.

If you are doing proud first (like me) you might want to make that your 100% run and take your time enjoying the game without fretting about trophies. After that Beginner speedrun where you clear the game in 15 hours to get that trophy + the unchanging armor since in Beginner mode you are already equipped with 2 bonus accessories that do not affect the trophy and make it easier (along with tons of stat up items right from the start).

Lastly Final Mix normal run where you get the no continues trophy if you didn't get it from beginner run. Just save at every chance and if you die just reload.

Edit: the Gummi Ship missions trophy apparently can be a lil challenging on Proud so if it is too hard you could delay the gummi stuff for Beginner run (after you unlock the speedrun trophy). However you like.

RPGCrazied

Anyone else going slow with this game? Maybe cause I have more on my plate to play, but I figured I'd only play 4 hours of this a day. I only got past Wonderland today.

Andrefpvs

Stun Impact stuns and can happen without enemies surrounding you.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I get it. Ever since I equipped Riple Drive, it happens all the time at the end of a ground combo, as opposed to Stun Impact which only happened 30% of times.

Are you saying that despite this, Stun Impact still does something in the background?

Difficulty trophies do not stack so if you want platinum you need 3 playthroughs anyway.

If you are doing proud first (like me) you might want to make that your 100% run and take your time enjoying the game without fretting about trophies. After that Beginner speedrun where you clear the game in 15 hours to get that trophy + the unchanging armor since in Beginner mode you are already equipped with 2 bonus accessories that do not affect the trophy and make it easier (along with tons of stat up items right from the start).

Lastly Final Mix normal run where you get the no continues trophy if you didn't get it from beginner run. Just save at every chance and if you die just reload.

Edit: the Gummi Ship missions trophy apparently can be a lil challenging on Proud so if it is too hard you could delay the gummi stuff for Beginner run (after you unlock the speedrun trophy). However you like.
this is exactly what I'm doing

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I get it. Ever since I equipped Riple Drive, it happens all the time at the end of a ground combo, as opposed to Stun Impact which only happened 30% of times.

Are you saying that despite this, Stun Impact still does something in the background?

Don't quote me on this but I think Ripple Drive only happens when there are multiple enemies. Stun Impact can happen with only 1 target. Aside from that Stun Impact stuns while Ripple Drive just pushes enemies back.

Home from work. Going to try to see if I can at least hit Neverland tonight. (Left off at Deep Jungle)

Man, am I looking forward to getting MP Haste.

Thanks for the responses/tips Napalam and Zonic! Shame about the lack of stacking difficulty trophies but oh well, gives me something to return to.

I am hoping someone doesn't pickup thier kingdom hearts LE at GameStop. I should have preordered :(

I went in to pay off my GTAV preorder yesterday and the clerk mentioned having one LE left so I had to get it. I'll be eating ramen for the next week but it was worth it for that art book case.

Top Bottom