• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Got my copy (LE) today since no one was home yesterday to sign. Stopped right before entering Wonderland's forest. I picked the Staff and chose Dusk for my Final Mix playthrough. Stun Impact is awesome.

I'm really impressed with the visuals. They're really nice and I'm so glad I can finally play this on my own console (never had a PS2 before).

Btw, is there anyway I can change the gummi's direction? I've only configured the buttons for deceleration and the cannon.

Holmes

Got to Agrabah and called it a night. Cerberus, Stealth Sneak and Opposite Armor were all cake. I was thinking it would be pretty difficult after fighting Trickmaster, but nope. Looking forward to my Proud playthrough now. Hopefully I have Normal beaten by the end of the weekend.

j-wood

Man, I'm thinking of getting this even though I have KH 1 and 2 for my PS2 still.

As convoluted as the story gets, and as silly as it sounds....the kingdom hearts story/characters is one of the rare games I actually feel an emotional connection with. The soundtrack...oh man the soundtrack. I could sit at the KH2 title screen for hours.

Man, I'm thinking of getting this even though I have KH 1 and 2 for my PS2 still.

As convoluted as the story gets, and as silly as it sounds....the kingdom hearts story/characters is one of the rare games I actually feel an emotional connection with. The soundtrack...oh man the soundtrack. I could sit at the KH2 title screen for hours.

Dearly Beloved is one of, if not, my favorite title screen song.

Voror

So what's this about a second Protect Chain on Destiny Islands? I found the first one and saw a mention of this second one, but I can't seem to find it. I even took a look at my old guide, but perhaps this is a FM thing?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Still gives me chills seeing all Disneys Villians joining up together.

Maleficent will always be the series villain to me. Not Final Fantasy characters and not Tetsuya Nomura's menagerie of effeminate original characters. She's just always up to some shit and always so much more intimidating than the other villains in the series.

So what's this about a second Protect Chain on Destiny Islands? I found the first one and saw a mention of this second one, but I can't seem to find it. I even took a look at my old guide, but perhaps this is a FM thing?
I think there is only one. The one where you need the barrel to reach (or was it box).

Maleficent will always be the series villain to me. Not Final Fantasy characters and not Tetsuya Nomura's menagerie of effeminate original characters. She's just always up to some shit and always so much more intimidating than the other villains in the series.
Too bad she became a total clown after KH1, even tho her HW town stuff in kh2 is pretty funny.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Too bad she became a total clown after KH1, even tho her HW town stuff in kh2 is pretty funny.

They kind of brought her back in BBS, but yeah, it's always the problem I've had with everything past Kingdom Hearts 1. You have some of the most classic villains of all time, but those don't sell cell phone straps so Nomura puts in Organization 13. Not too different from Kojima, really.

Holmes

20100417220654!Master_Xehanort.png

So effeminate.

BHK3

Banned
I'm getting my ass kicked left right and center...Donald and Goofy are just punching bags and don't survive more then 2 hits from a boss and blow all their spells the second any fight starts despite my settings...

and man the more I play 1 the more I miss 2. You are SO mobile in 2, yet these damn monkeys are juking and avoiding me with simple sidesteps and all i can do is walk up and swing at them! MONKEYS!!!!!!

This gummi ship stuff is torturous, I would buy a game made out of KH2's gummi ship sections. Still loving this game though.

Wow, the "bitching to someone about losing to a boss repeatedly then beating it right after" strategy never fails. Beat Stealth Sneak just now.

The rest of my Proud Mode run should be smooth sailing from here on out, hopefully.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So I started a new game, Proud Mode this time using the build people suggested (Take Magic, lose Sword), and weirdly so far it's easier than my first start on Normal with taking Sword and losing Magic.

It really does seem to make a difference. o_o

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So I started a new game, Proud Mode this time using the build people suggested (Take Magic, lose Sword), and weirdly so far it's easier than my first start on Normal with taking Sword and losing Magic.

It really does seem to make a difference. o_o
Or you got better...

Jarmel

Banned
Holy fuck, is this game supposed to be this hard? Cerberus took like half an hour and I'm having issues with the Tarzan villain despite wailing the fuck on him. Like what the fuck. I grinded the hell out of this game too.

Holmes

I'm on Normal and I'm fighting for my life. It's like what the fuck. Am I underleveled by some weird miracle? I'm level 16 on Deep Jungle.
The best advice I can give to those having trouble is to abuse dodge roll and only go on when it's safe. Pretty basic advice, I know. But it works for me.

I just got started, and aside from the KH3D demo this is the first Kingdom Hearts game I've played. I'm hoping I'll enjoy it even if I'm terrible at the game.

By the way, is it just me or is the disc a bit of a pain to get out from the LE book/case? It feels like I have to pry it out every time.

Plasmid

I just got started, and aside from the KH3D demo this is the first Kingdom Hearts game I've played. I'm hoping I'll enjoy it even if I'm terrible at the game.

By the way, is it just me or is the disc a bit of a pain to get out from the LE book/case? It feels like I have to pry it out every time.

Definitely noticed this too.

Just finished agrabah omg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was on Normal as well and yet Cerberus makes you go 'wait am I supposed to be fighting him?' because you have to fight him before Cure and before Donald gets MP Haste. The only way to beat him is pretty much let him do his melee attack hit him once then run off then repeat then just roll the fuck out of the place when he does any other attacks.

It's a huge spike in the difficulty.
I get the same feeling. It feels like I have played a console RPG in a long time.

I actually don't remember the last console RPG I tried playing.

Aside from Ni No Kuni, I think it might have been Persona 3. IF you don't count Yakuza as RPGs(I do)

Jarmel

Banned
I was on Normal as well and yet Cerberus makes you go 'wait am I supposed to be fighting him?' because you have to fight him before Cure and before Donald gets MP Haste. The only way to beat him is pretty much let him do his melee attack hit him once then run off then repeat then just roll the fuck out of the place when he does any other attacks.

It's a huge spike in the difficulty.

For an opening world, it's an insane jump.

Man, I didn't play final mix but I played the reg KH when it was released and I don't remember it being hard at all. Actually I don't remember much about it except for fighting Sephy. I'm only upto the jungle and this game is killing me.

Korezo

Is the game final mix 1080p native? I know the op says 720p but I don't know if that's talking about the videos or the game. Anyway I'm asking this becuase this game looks crystal clear on my tv in 1080p, probably the highest res game I've played on ps3. The game looks like emulator res quality but with bad anti aliasing, nothing like GoW or SotC which looked terrible in 1080p and had to be forced to 720p to get a crisper image. Damn I can't wait for FFX. This is the HD ps2 classics quality I always expected, not like the other terrible crap available.

Is the game final mix 1080p native? I know the op says 720p but I don't know if that's talking about the videos or the game. Anyway I'm asking this becuase this game looks crystal clear on my tv in 1080p, probably the highest res game I've played on ps3. The game looks like emulator res quality but with bad anti aliasing, nothing like GoW or SotC which looked terrible in 1080p and had to be forced to 720p to get a crisper image. Damn I can't wait for FFX. This is the HD ps2 classics quality I always expected, not like the other terrible crap available.
It's something between 720p and 1080p andd then upscaled to 1080.

Silvawuff

I picked staff and ditched shield for proud mode. Am I screwed?

Hullo: Combat system doesn't have the command styles that BBS has, but you should be able to pick it up and be quite comfortable coming from BBS.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Stopping for tonight. No sound drops thus far with switching to 2.1 sound only selected. I'll try again tomorrow and hope the results stay the same.

Seda

Oh god I was just messing around in Agrabah and there were some pots lined up all nice and neatly but then a pot SCORPION came out and I couldn't figure out how to damage it so I fled D:

Oh god I was just messing around in Agrabah and there were some pots lined up all nice and neatly but then a pot SCORPION came out and I couldn't figure out how to damage it so I fled D:
you need to wait till it does a rush attack iirc and use block on it for it to drop the defenses.

you need to wait till it does a rush attack iirc and use block on it for it to drop the defenses.

Yeah, this. It'll almost always telegraph said attack by (very quickly) jabbing with it's pincers.

You're going to want to get real familiar with that thing if you're planning on completing the synth list and getting Ultima Weapon.

Top Bottom