• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

I can't quite remember, are summons useful at all?

Tinkerbell is fantastic. Constant HP Regen plus a one use Auto-Life is great. Simba is decent when in a tight spot and you need some breathing room, and Bambi's great for item farming in some circumstances. Other than those three, summons aren't really worth using at all.

Is final mix harder than the original or have I just gotten worse at games since I was 12? Having a lot of trouble with the (Boss)
Giant Ursula fight

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You have both X and Y axis inversion options. I have Y normal and X inverted as I like to have it where when I push left, my view goes left, and when I push up, my view goes up, etc.
My preferred control scheme for camera as well. First thing I did when I had the chance was getting that X inverted since it felt weird controlling it during the tutorial.

Vashetti

Banned
You know how Destiny Island is split into two areas?

After I unlock the second half, will I still be able to fight
grind
with everyone?

Can't remember.

Holmes

You have both X and Y axis inversion options. I have Y normal and X inverted as I like to have it where when I push left, my view goes left, and when I push up, my view goes up, etc.
I like it when I push left, it goes left. But when I push up, I like it going down and down up.

This LE packaging is really cool! Just wish there was more by way of a manual or a place to put the small one they provided. Still, the book is really nice, so my complaints are really just nitpicks.

Ugh, I should have just paid more for fast shipping. I want it now. :( Mine isn't gonna be here until supposedly Sunday.

Still trying to decide what to choose at the beginning. I usually do Sword, even on Proud difficulty, but... Hmm. Might do Shield this time to learn Second Chance earlier.

Grampasso

...How the hell are you supposed to beat the pink slingshot monkeys in Traverse town? I'm pretty much stun locked the entire time.
Block should work, no? Don't remember if it works against them.
Block is one of your most valuable abilities once you learn how to time it right, and pretty much what would turn an impossible fight into a piece of cake.

Still, though, try to beat Deep Jungle before taking on Olympus Coliseum (and Cerberus). You'll want Cure for that, trust me.
I think I had a pretty easy time with Cerberus the first time. Or I might be thinking about that giant heartless that looks like a bulldog.

I remember my older sister watching when I was playing, I kept getting killed by the boss, we would get so annoyed at the cutscene that plays before the fight. "Clayton... Not Clayton! *monkey noises*"
LOL. I know what you mean. That part was starting to frustrate me. Continues shouldn't start before a cutscene.

Block should work, no? Don't remember if it works against them.
Block is one of your most valuable abilities once you learn how to time it right, and pretty much what would turn an impossible fight into a piece of cake.

I think he's talking about Sniper Wilds (a Final Mix exclusive) in which case, if you see them spawn before having a Stop spell of some sort in your possession, you should haul ass out of there, because you'll likely get killed.

Damn, went to go pick it up and they only had the regular case versions. Thought it was like Hitman where that was the one edition.

The best buy page mentions that you can still order the limited edition, is this definitely the case? Where else might one be able to grab it, don't really mind waiting as I'm swamped with other things anyway.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Even though I played Ni No Kuni earlier this year, and even though this is a PS2 game... It's so weird playing a JRPG on a HD console. Feels like its been ages.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Try defaulting the PS3 audio settings and putting your configurations again. That solved some audio issues to a KHI member.

I'll give it a go. I've never had a problem with any other game and just checked with Metal Gear Solid 4, no issues there. :/

I decided to go in and manually select all of the 2.1 sound options and uncheck the 5.1 sound option just to cover my bases. I'll report if this fixes my problem.

vid

What's the ideal order for playing through the series? Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and then Re:Chain of Memories seems obvious, but then should I wait to play Kingdom Hearts II before doing the 358/2 Days stuff?

What's the ideal order for playing through the series? Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and then Re:Chain of Memories seems obvious, but then should I wait to play Kingdom Hearts II before doing the 358/2 Days stuff?
That would be optimal but it isn't a catastrophe to do Days first. I guess it's kinda like watching the prequel Star Wars movies first.

After Days (or KH2?) is Birth By Sleep->Dream Drop Distance. I recommend skipping coded. You won't miss a thing tho the second collection likely includes scenes from that.

I would also recommend waiting for the second collection to play KH2 since the final mix version of that is a big improvement over western KH2 release.

vid

I would also recommend waiting for the second collection to play KH2 since the final mix version of that is a big improvement over western KH2 release.

Yeah, I guess that's sort of my big question here. If I should watch the 358/2 Days stuff or just wait around for the inevitable Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX. I guess for now, I'll plan to wait. Sounds like it might be a similar situation to Metal Gear Solid, where I recommend that newbies play through the series in release order, since chronological order spoils some of the twists and turns along the way.

Soriku

If they wanted you to play KH2 before Days they would've included it in this collection. Watching Days gives you some new cards in Re: CoM so the best path is probably KH1, Days, then CoM. Story wise Days takes places before AND after CoM so I don't think it really matters if you do it before or after CoM.

Andrefpvs

If they wanted you to play KH2 before Days they would've included it in this collection. Watching Days gives you some new cards in Re: CoM so the best path is probably KH1, Days, then CoM. Story wise Days takes places before AND after CoM so I don't think it really matters if you do it before or after CoM.

Days spoils a lot of CoM plot details, though.

Or they just decided that more people will buy the second collection if it had KH2 :p

The cards (and Days trophies) can be gained by skipping all the scenes of the days portion and that takes less than 10 minutes if you really want them.

Anyway while Days can be done before 2 I DEFINATELY would not recommend doing Days before CoM.

Top Bottom