• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Seda

Yeah, this. It'll almost always telegraph said attack by (very quickly) jabbing with it's pincers.

You're going to want to get real familiar with that thing if you're planning on completing the synth list and getting Ultima Weapon.

Yeah I will, but I'll just ignore some of those new heartless for now.

Sean*O

If anyone can clue me in.. the volume level on this game is extremely low on my system. I had the same problem with NiNoKuni but not to this degree. Other games come out loud and clear. Is there a way to compensate for this.. I've not looked in the submenus or anything but with NiNoKuni there was no way around that I could find.

Actually I did manage to kill some of the sniper wilds. Nothing to show for it though :/

The moment a Sniper Wild spots you, you forfeit any items they would have dropped.

But yeah, most of the extra heartless are best saved for the endgame. (Black Ballade in Deep Jungle's pretty easy at any level, though.)

If anyone can clue me in.. the volume level on this game is extremely low on my system. I had the same problem with NiNoKuni but not to this degree. Other games come out loud and clear. Is there a way to compensate for this.. I've not looked in the submenus or anything but with NiNoKuni there was no way around that I could find.
Try forcing stereo sound. The audio with this release seems to be lil wonky for some people.

Hey guys, just a heads up, don't forget about the invisible Stealth Soldier in the Entrance Hall at Hollow Bastion. I started taking damage like crazy for seemingly no reason and then I remembered that it existed.

Donald and Goofy are so useless in the early game. So useless.

I'ld argue at least unlike some AI team players in RPGS (*coughcoughNiNoKuni*) Donald and Goofy are at least partway competent, long as your making sure they have the right equipment and have their slots stocked with potions ect. By the time I got Donald and Goofy I already had a few Protect chains spare to stick on Donald to give him a bit more defence. They started to fall apart a bit with Torchmaster and Cerebus though.

Seda

Guard ability, finally.

With Spellbinder I just rocked through the Pegasus Cup. Yuffie is a bit annoying with her flips and such, but once she's out of the way, Leon is cake.

Will probably save the solo and time trials for later.

MBison

I'm a huge KH fan having played every game to completion. Got this today, looks great and the sound is fantastic. Really impressed.

Can someone give a recap rundown of what choosing the sword, shield, or staff does and what giving up one does... As well as those questions about life?

I assume there's a good FAQ somewhere I could look up but just curious in case someone knows by heart.

Seda

I'm a huge KH fan having played every game to completion. Got this today, looks great and the sound is fantastic.

Can someone give a recap rundown of what choosing the sword, shield, or staff does and what giving up one does... As well as those questions about life?

I assume there's a good FAQ somewhere I could look up but just curious in case someone knows by heart.

Bam

Intro Sequence Choice Quick-Guide
--

Which weapon do I pick up?

Staff: Better magic strength; +2 MP by endgame
Sword: Better physical strength; +1 Item slot
Shield: Better defense; +2 Item slots

Note: The extra MP and item slots are the most significant changes because they cannot be gained by any other substitute method (i.e. stat-up items).

Order of skills learned by level up depending on the weapon you pick up (via FSLink)

Code:
Level  Sword            | Staff            | Shield
6:     Slide Dash       | Stun Impact      | Slapshot
9:     Scan             | Treasure Magnet  | Berserk
12:    Slapshot         | Ripple Drive     | Tech Plus
15:    Counterattack    | Scan             | Guard
18:    Tech Plus        | Hurricane Blast  | Stun Impact
21:    Combo Plus       | MP Haste         | Scan
24:    Guard            | Air Combo Plus   | Lucky Strike
27:    Hurricane Blast  | Tech Plus        | Leaf Bracer
30:    -                | -                | Treasure Magnet
33:    Blitz            | Guard            | -
36:    Treasure Magnet  | Aerial Sweep     | Second Chance
39:    Ripple Drive     | Leaf Bracer      | Slide Dash
42:    -                | MP Rage          | Jackpot
45:    MP Haste         | Air Combo Plus   | Counterattack
48:    Second Chance    | Lucky Strike     | Critical Plus
51:    Stun Impact      | Slide Dash       | Hurricane Blast
57:    Vortex           | Counterattack    | Treasure Magnet
60:    Aerial Sweep     | Berserk          | Blitz
63:    MP Rage          | Jackpot          | Combo Plus
66:    Combo Plus       | -                | -
69:    Leaf Bracer      | Slapshot         | Ripple Drive
72:    Air Combo Plus   | Treasure Magnet  | MP Haste
75:    Treasure Magnet  | MP Rage          | Critical Plus
78:    Berserk          | Blitz            | Vortex
81:    Tech Plus        | Tech Plus        | Tech Plus
84:    Critical Plus    | Vortex           | Aerial Sweep
87:    MP Rage          | Combo Plus       | Combo Plus
90:    Lucky Strike     | Second Chance    | MP Rage
93:    Combo Plus       | Combo Plus       | Air Combo Plus
96:    Air Combo Plus   | Critical Plus    | Combo Plus
99:    Critical Plus    | Combo Plus       | Air Combo Plus
100:   Jackpot          | Critical Plus    | MP Rage

Which weapon do I give up?

Giving up the Sword lowers your Strength
Giving up the Shield lowers your Defense
Giving up the Staff lowers your Ability Points

Note: You can obtain stat up items for each of these.

---

What's this about different level up rates?

As for the experience gain questions, there are 3 options:

• Dawn: Quick level ups for early levels, slow level ups at later levels
  • Day: Normal level ups throughout
  • Dusk: Slow level ups for early levels, quick level ups at later levels
Note: Dusk option actually requires the least amount of total exp to get to max level.

This choice is made by your answers to Selphie, Wakka, and Tidus's questions on Destiny Islands.

First answer: points toward Dawn
Middle answer: points toward Day
Third answer: points toward Dusk

Note: You see what you are getting after answering the questions and it gives you the option to reconsider.

Sean*O

Try forcing stereo sound. The audio with this release seems to be lil wonky for some people.

I'll try that or maybe the problem lies elsewhere in my signal chain. Something may have gotten skewed in the past several months as both games I've recently played on the PS3 have had low volume issues.

Thank you,

Yay my order has been posted ;3. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

Is there a better reward for beating Monstro first or Halloween Town? It's been too long, I don't remember. :(

Well Monstro is meant to be done before HW town and you can't even get to HW Town before first visiting Monstro. Plus you get Strike Raid and High Jump from Monstro.

Seda

Ursula is definitely one of the more difficult bosses. There's really no easy way to beat her.

But yeah Thundara!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
One more day... One more day!!

NIGHT-

My LE came with a good mash on top of the sleeve. I know it's a huge nitpick, but I'm a super perfectionist. It's pretty impossible to get a replacement from amazon isn't it?

MBison

My LE came with a good mash on top of the sleeve. I know it's a huge nitpick, but I'm a super perfectionist. It's pretty impossible to get a replacement from amazon isn't it?

From my experience Amazon will send you another for just about any reason. You'll just have to send that one back.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
We can make it together ;-;
Shit is getting hard... went to my local gaming store yesterday and I had the game in my hands... I could've just ran out with the game and drop the money on the ground at that point :( WHY DIDN'T I DO IT.

Shit is getting hard... went to my local gaming store yesterday and I had the game in my hands... I could've just ran out with the game and drop the money on the ground at that point :( WHY DIDN'T I DO IT.

Local game stores here never break the street date. Rather sometimes they stock late.

botty

Banned
Hm... replaying this game truly highlights how shitty and unoriginal BbS's story is. It's almost like they took this game's script and copied it to BbS. In fact, I think people over rate KH1's story. I'd wager that Kingdom Hearts 2 has the better story, in fact. Hmm... I'll have to make a mega post about this in the KH OT.

Hm... replaying this game truly highlights how shitty and unoriginal BbS's story is. It's almost like they took this game's script and copied it to BbS. In fact, I think people over rate KH1's story. I'd wager that Kingdom Hearts 2 has the better story, in fact. Hmm... I'll have to make a mega post about this in the KH OT.

Botty pls.

botty

Banned
Botty pls.

Ok, I will admit to one thing: Kingdom Hearts does a better job at tying the disney worlds' subplots into the themes and motifs of the franchise. It's really adorable hearing Jack say that a Heart needs memory in order to work. Or how Hercules is kind of the original influence behind "my friends are my power." KH2 does far more interesting things with its Disney worlds, though. I don't think anyone would contest to that.

Why is the
Riku
fight SO DAMN AWESOME. I'm amazed I only needed 2 tries to win. I think I'm going to leave a save right before the fight to replay it whenever I want.

Jarmel

Banned
Is there a list of voice actors who didn't reprise their roles from their respective movie? I'm impressed as all fuck at the work done to get the original voice actors?

Just finished Deep Jungle. Would have done more if I wasn't out all day. Currently level 19. Hope the difficulty spike soon to come doesn't kill me.

Bosses weren't that hard this time around. My potions are rather low buts its been going good for now. Wish Metal Chocobo was given when you beat Cloud the first time instead of sonic blade but whatever.

BTW how many of you have modified your gummi ship/ built one from scratch? I'll share a pic when I'm not posting from my phone.

Fou-Lu

Man the memories brought back by popping this in, listening to Dearly Beloved and then Simple and Clean... Not to mention the actual gameplay.

Went Staff this time, I've never went anything but sword in KH1 before, I always thought magic was kind of useless, but it seems I was wrong.

Is there a list of voice actors who didn't reprise their roles from their respective movie? I'm impressed as all fuck at the work done to get the original voice actors?

All I know off the top of my head are Robin Williams (Genie, duh), Eddie Murphy (Mushu). and Minnie Driver (Jane). Most of the other iconic voices who couldn't reprise their old roles are either too old and have since been replaced, or were simply busy or something.

EDIT: Sean Astin replaced Tate Donavan as Hercules, also.
EDIT - The Sequel: Found a list of just about every VA in Kingdom Hearts: http://www.kuponut.com/games/kh/voice_actors.html

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ok, playing more of this has me having two requests for Kingdom Hearts 3

A) No more ghost towns. I know this was on PS2, but there's no excuse for PS4. I don't care if you need to fade them out when you go into battle, but there need to be some citizens hanging around for most of these places. Especially Agrabah.

B) Don't make me switch out Goofy or Donald for the 'guest' character. Just give me four characters.

Jarmel

Banned
All I know off the top of my head are Robin Williams (Genie, duh), Eddie Murphy (Mushu). and Minnie Driver (Jane). Most of the other iconic voices who couldn't reprise their old roles are either too old and have since been replaced, or were simply busy or something.

EDIT: Sean Astin replaced Tate Donavan as Hercules, also.
EDIT - The Sequel: Found a list of just about every VA in Kingdom Hearts: http://www.kuponut.com/games/kh/voice_actors.html

Thank you. James Wood has been the highlight so far. Possibly my favorite Disney villain.

Carbonox

Any of UK GAF got their copy early by Amazon today? Some sort of hope as opposed to waiting for tomorrow cos of dat hype?

They've been doing free first class lately so I'm hoping I'm a lucky lucky boy.

Grampasso

I think he's talking about Sniper Wilds (a Final Mix exclusive) in which case, if you see them spawn before having a Stop spell of some sort in your possession, you should haul ass out of there, because you'll likely get killed.

Oh ok didn't play Final Mix at all so I guess I pulled this memory out of my ass XD

Top Bottom