• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

If by first boss you mean Darkside...

oh boy.

The second Darkside battle, even on Proud, once you have Stun Impact is hilarious because you can literally ignore the Shadows while your area of effect attack blows them up, and every other Darkside attack is incredibly easy to evade.

So I forgot to fight Riku, Tidus, Selphie and Wakka. Thinking it was mandatory, I didn't talk to them a lot. Did I miss anything special, apart from exp?

So I forgot to fight Riku, Tidus, Selphie and Wakka. Thinking it was mandatory, I didn't talk to them a lot. Did I miss anything special, apart from exp?

You get a potion for defeating Tidus, Selphie, and Wakka together in the three-on-one fight. I wouldn't call it special, though.

Voror

Okay, how do I beat Tidus, Selphie, and Wakka at the same time? I've tried working on one, but the other two just get in the way every time.

I beat Riku already. Took me 8 tries.

Okay, how do I beat Tidus, Selphie, and Wakka at the same time? I've tried working on one, but the other two just get in the way every time.

I beat Riku already. Took me 8 tries.

Take Selphie out first; the other two are more stunnable, and she has the least HP. Once she's gone, the other two should be pretty easy as long as you've got enough HP to act as a margin of error.

Voror

Take Selphie out first; the other two are more stunnable, and she has the least HP. Once she's gone, the other two should be pretty easy as long as you've got enough HP to act as a margin of error.

Thanks I'll try that. I actually just managed to take out Tidus, but then Selphie got me when I was dodging Wakka.

BHK3

Banned
It's the best of the Disney worlds in the first game, though (the main town area opens up more and more as you get more movement/traversal abilities, and the Cave of Wonders feels genuinely dungeon-y in a nice, familiar way). But yeah Agrabah in KH2 isn't really anything special.

+1 to this. The cave of wonders and the cave of remembrance in KH2FM are great dungeons and show how well nomuras team can do when tasked with making what is basically a challenge room.

All I want in KH and I've been asking this since KH1 is all the titans from Hercules as cup battles. They had the right idea with the hades cup in KH2 but with hades being a pushover every game and pete not being much of a fight made me wish I could fight a giant lava monster instead...still don't get why they took rock and ice titan out in 2.

jrush64

Banned
I just started playing the game. My jaw dropped when I saw how good it looks. How exactly does it look soooo clean and good???

Can't wait to see Kingdom Hearts 2 HD

How likely will this drop in price and how rare will it be? I really want it, but with GTA V next week, and then a vacation in Seattle the week after, and then GTA Online after, I'm wondering if I should wait until a drop to give this the time it deserves.

Mind you; I have never played KH, which is the driving force behind me getting this. I don't want to miss out if it's going to be a rare find.

How likely will this drop in price and how rare will it be? I really want it, but with GTA V next week, and then a vacation in Seattle the week after, and then GTA Online after, I'm wondering if I should wait until a drop to give this the time it deserves.

Mind you; I have never played KH, which is the driving force behind me getting this. I don't want to miss out if it's going to be a rare find.

I'd imagine it won't be rare and that the price will be dropped eventually. I dunno how fast HD collections usually do since it's 40€/$ already.

The price won't drop fast; it usually stays at $40 for quite a few months with popular HD collections. But I'd expect, with the holidays coming up, to see temporary deals/sales on Amazon that have the regular version (not the Limited Edition) available for $30 or so.

Fuck Ursula

Ursula 1's annoying because she spends a lot of time being invincible, like Oogie Boogie and Hercules, but her attacks are pretty easy to dodge.

Ursula 2 is some tough shit, but at least the way her eyes roll around if you're good at getting behind her head is hilarious. The main problem with her is her biting attack while you're trying to go on offense, which she telegraphs; the rest are reasonably easy to dodge or evade entirely.

Ursula 1's annoying because she spends a lot of time being invincible, like Oogie Boogie and Hercules, but her attacks are pretty easy to dodge.

Ursula 2 is some tough shit, but at least the way her eyes roll around if you're good at getting behind her head is hilarious. The main problem with her is her biting attack while you're trying to go on offense, which she telegraphs; the rest are reasonably easy to dodge or evade entirely.

Yea I beat her on my 3rd try.

On my 2nd, I had her down to literally one more hit and got lightning struck :/.

Used every item I had for that one lol

Yea I beat her on my 3rd try.

On my 2nd, I had her down to literally one more hit and got lightning struck :/.

Used every item I had for that one lol

The little lightning thing that forms overhead is pretty brutal, yeah, since that can happen even when she's busy doing other stuff. You really need to keep an eye out for those.

Beat solo Hercules cup! Cloud and Herc are push overs, but those damn mobs of heartless are scary. Getting randomly killed out of nowhere when I'm trying to focus on just killing one of them is annoying. It was always something random that messed me up like Aero running out right before I get hit by a charging ship off screen or a projectile flying behind me.

Beat solo Hercules cup! Cloud and Herc are push overs, but those damn mobs of heartless are scary. Getting randomly killed out of nowhere when I'm trying to focus on just killing one of them is annoying. It was always something random that messed me up like Aero running out right before I get hit by a charging ship off screen or a projectile flying behind me.

Use magic and AoE finishers on large groups when possible. The ships are nasty though.

Use magic and AoE finishers on large groups when possible. The ships are nasty though.

My magic seemed to be doing really low damage for some reason. I had a full MP build and they weren't going down without many casts. I managed to beat it by just abusing sliding dash + ripple drive. It kept me moving around a lot so there was less chance of getting hit off screen. I only used MP for Aero to make sure I didn't get 2 shotted by random hits. That was the most annoying thing. Pretty much every attack could kill me if I didn't keep myself at full hp or had Aero on.

Psxphile

If by first boss you mean Darkside...

oh boy.

Was I the only one who used to beat Darkside by only reflecting his "heart blasts" back at him for the Tech points? And it wasn't until much later I discovered you could run up his outstretched arm and smack him in the face if you felt like it (what was the point? Quicker kill?).

Is there any point in having combo plus and ripple drive on at the same time?

Nvm the combo finally did all hits and ripple

Ripple Drive is a combo finisher - combo plus just extends the amount of hits you'll get in before it happens.

And to answer a broader question implicit in all this, it's totally fine to equip all of the combo starters and all of the combo finishers if you want to, and it won't stop you from seeing any of them (except, I think, you won't get to see any more of Sora's 'normal' finisher that his keyblade combos ordinarily end with) - some of them are randomized, some of them are heavily situational.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Joqu

My copy arrived a day early and boy the game's a beauty. So glad I'll finally be able to play ReCoM. I imported it back in the day but I never bothered to mod my ps2 for it.

Anyway, I started with the first game on proud and Guard Armor is wrecking me. I guess I'll have to grind. >.>

And to answer a broader question implicit in all this, it's totally fine to equip all of the combo starters and all of the combo finishers if you want to, and it won't stop you from seeing any of them (except, I think, you won't get to see any more of Sora's 'normal' finisher that his keyblade combos ordinarily end with) - some of them are randomized, some of them are heavily situational.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.
You're not. They are situational.
For example, if you're against a single enemy, Sora will have more chances of using Ripple Drive. If you're surrounded, he'll probably use Stun Impact. I don't know how it works when you have many single-target finishers, tough. He seems to use Ripple Drive too much, to the point that I disabled it in order to use Gravity Break and Zantetsuken more reliably.

You're not. They are situational.
For example, if you're against a single enemy, Sora will have more chances of using Ripple Drive. If you're surrounded, he'll probably use Stun Impact. I don't know how it works when you have many single-target finishers, tough. He seems to use Ripple Drive too much, to the point that I disabled it in order to use Gravity Break and Zantetsuken more reliably.

There's also the assorted combo starters that carry over from vanilla KH1: Vortex and Aerial Sweep.

Also, Blitz is a combo finisher that carries over from KH1.

There's also the assorted combo starters that carry over from vanilla KH1: Vortex and Aerial Sweep.

Also, Blitz is a combo finisher that carries over from KH1.
I noticed he always tries to use them evenly in that case. You'll get cases of Slide Dash > Attack > Slap Shot > Attack > Slap Shot. Or Vortex > Slap Shot > Attack > Slap Shot.

KH2 was the same, you'd get Slide Dash > Round Break > Flash Step > Dodge Slash > Slap Shot

Vashetti

Banned
This game just makes me anxious for 2.5 HD Remix, honestly.

I hope it's announced at TGS.

I know KH fans aren't necessarily Final Fantasy fans, but I hope people support this collection so SE knows that we want KH 2.5 HD, FFX/X-2 HD, FFXII:IZJS HD, etc.

Top Bottom