• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Seda

That is a copypaste from an older description. It only has english voices in the west. Before the Final Mix release in japan had only english voice and they changed it to japanese in the HD edition.

I'm going to edit that before it causes too much confusion...

Grieves

Wow! Some of those trophies are going to be hard to get.

They've moved stuff around as well so my Piggyback guide is going to be wrong.

Still, can't wait!

Seigyoku

Avatars (Courtesy of Napalm_Franku)

FgOUOAf.png

It doesn't look like anyone has grabbed this one? Because I need an avatar, and my love for Donald Duck is strong.

Then grab it.

DONE! :D

Yawnier

Banned
I never played Chain of Memories on the PS2, but judging by some gameplay videos it's combat looks um, different? (at least compared to the rest of the games).

rataven

How did SE get this HD remaster out in what seems like a reasonable amount of time, while FFX is nowhere to be seen?

Regardless though, super excited for this game. Back in the day, before Cloud and Seph were in just about everything, I remember being SO hyped to see them in this game, with their redesigns and voice acting. And I wasn't disappointed. That coliseum battle with Sephy......so good.

Turns out I ended up really loving the rest of the game too. One of my all time favorite soundtracks as well. Can't wait can't wait can't wait.

Seda

I never played Chain of Memories on the PS2, but judging by some gameplay videos it's combat looks um, different? (at least compared to the rest of the games).

It's card based. You build a deck of attack cards, magic cards, healing, etc. You can mix and match a bit.

Also, outside of battle gameplay is mostly going through randomly generated rooms of the KH1 worlds with a cutscene between each world's set of rooms. The game is a bit more of a grind this way.

Yes. You collect cards and form decks from them. Every attack/item/magic is done by using a card and same goes for all the enemies. Cards have different values from 0-9 and the higher value card can block lower value cards used by enemies (or other way around). 0 is a special card since it can interrupt any card but also can be interrupted with any.

You combine the basic cards to use more advanced techniques. The most simple ones would be combining 3 fire cards to cast firaga for example. When combining cards the value is the sum of the three.

People usually either love it or hate it. The disney stuff in Chain of Memories is a bore since it is a total rehash of KH1 and only the original story parts are of any worth. But it's not all bad, CoM introduces a bunch of new characters to the franchise and is the first one that has any real role for
Mickey
and that is a rare occurence with this series nowdays.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Holy crap I am so excited about this. I think I'm about to go on a KH mega-overload the next couple months.

For whatever reason, I never beat DDD. This, then that for sure.

Mr. Fix

Sweet op, and thanks for the Lex avatar!

Now if only I could fight him in a kh game that doesn't use god damn cards.

Sweet op, and thanks for the Lex avatar!

Now if only I could fight him in a kh game that doesn't use god damn cards.

I'm surprised anyone would rock Lex :lol.

He is the Lost Planet 3 of Kingdom Hearts characters.

And you can fight him without cards when 2.5 hits :D.

Was just playing this yesterday (PS2 one) and trying to do the Ursula battle again for my sister, ugh. I don't remember having that hard of a time with it. Anyways, I'm so ready for this! Everything else gaming wise will be put aside so I can play through this again, best KH game for me. I know not everyone likes it but I love Monstro and I level grinded in that all the time.

Was just playing this yesterday (PS2 one) and trying to do the Ursula battle again for my sister, ugh. I don't remember having that hard of a time with it. Anyways, I'm so ready for this! Everything else gaming wise will be put aside so I can play through this again, best KH game for me. I know not everyone likes it but I love Monstro and I level grinded in that all the time.

Monstro is great. Important too from story point. I love the music.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
AFAIK 50€ is the normal price for HD collections no?

At least it isn't 60. Trust me, I wouldn't have been surprised at all.

Okay, but it's 30€ (24£) on amazon.co.uk and 39.99€ on amazon.de.
Why does amazon want to force me to get a copy from .co.uk which will take two weeks to get there? :(

Roklie

I remember the first game being kinda hard
that Riku boss battle in Hollow Bastion and also the final boss, I don't even remember what difficulty I used

Can someone make a list of which worlds are skippable and how much of them you can skip, for the speed run folks?

Entirely skippable:
Olympus
100 acre woods
Atlantica OR Halloween Town

Partly skippable:
Monstro. You have to visit it but you can get out from the first savepoint to the gummi ship.

Do those difficulty trophies stack?
Sadly no.

Thorgal

I remember the first game being kinda hard
that Riku boss battle in Hollow Bastion and also the final boss, I don't even remember what difficulty I used

that fight was hard until i (finally ) decided to use the block command and discovering you can completely evade his Berserk attack (flying across the arena very fast ) by high jumping and gliding .

Gaogaogao

regarding the comparisons, why do I see less of the image in the 16:9 versions? someone doesn't know how widescreen works.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pre-ordered this today. I remember as a kid, my friend had the game & a PS2, so we made a deal I could borrow his PS2 & KH while he could have my Dreamcast and both Sonic Adventure games. I like to think KH ended my prejudice of only playing Nintendo & Sega stuff as a kid & realized what Sony (& then later Microsoft) had to offer instead of staying inside my fanboy bubble.

Completely forgot this was coming out next week. Not to mention I JUST remembered you get a free XMB theme with the artbook.

Halloween Town would be the quickest to play right?
It's been a good while since I played, but I remember this world being shorter.

I would say yes simply because you don't have to deal with the swimming controls. That has a higher chance of slowing you down than anything in Halloween Town.

I can't imagine 2.5 not having difficulty trophies stacking since KH2FM and BBSFM have 4 difficulty levels.

Then again SE...

I'll plat KH1 no prob but I dunno about Re:CoM... probably not till a longer period of time.

Probably yeah.

But if people are afraid of the 15 hour speedrun trophy, don't. It's really easy on beginner difficulty.

The only thing that always takes me forever is the beginning of Traverse Town. I never know where I'm going there, and just end up wandering aimlessly for like half an hour.

But yeah, I'd assume that completing it in 15 hours on beginner would be really easy.

Well, Silent Hill and ZoE are two HD Collections that got patches post-release, but both of those were also total disasters and this is, all things considered, an extremely well done port.

Well, Silent Hill and ZoE are two HD Collections that got patches post-release, but both of those were also total disasters and this is, all things considered, an extremely well done port.

I'm pretty sure the difficulty trophies are seen as a ''feature'' at SE. The only thing I could see them agreeing to be worth of fixing is the party assist on triangle.

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
Oh god they used pan & scan to make it wide screen (aka crop of the top and bottom of the sreen!). Aka: Widescreen versions has a lower vertical field of view. Sucks

ZeroCDR

How did SE get this HD remaster out in what seems like a reasonable amount of time, while FFX is nowhere to be seen?

Yeah I've been wondering the same thing, I hope it's not a rush job. I recall seeing the framerate shit the bed in a few gameplay videos.

weevles

I want this just for the BR of remastered HD cutscenes alone. >_<

Wish I was in So Cal. this week as I want to attend the launch event at Downtown Disney...

Seigyoku

I want this just for the BR of remastered HD cutscenes alone. >_<

Wish I was in So Cal. this week as I want to attend the launch event at Downtown Disney...

My parents will be in So Cal, not going near Disney of course. Again SE and Disney announce these things so close to the fact... I'm gonna be in So Cal TWO WEEKS LATER.

Top Bottom