• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

anddo0

Totally forgot this was out next week. It's good thing I skipped on Diablo (own it on pc anyway). It wouldn't make sense getting both with GTA the week after, not to mention Puppteer next week as well.

I have yet to beat a KH game despite owning 1 and 2. I've gotten pretty far into KH1 though.

Mr.Fresh

Can't wait for this! This game was my child hood I beat it at least 15 times, but I haven't played it since just before KH2 came out so I can't wait to relive everything as an adult!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
For those who didn't get the LE preordered, I just asked my local Gamestop and it sounds like they got 1 extra but that it was LE as well. Apparently the book is part of the packaging rather than a separate thing? I don't know.

Totally forgot that this was coming out and realized release is next week. Luckily i get paid this week but i just wish i could've planned this a little better lol

Wow, this one really crept up on me. Glad I put off playing through the PS2 version a while ago. Much of my memories will be fuzzy so it will feel like a new experience.

I think I will build up the courage and finally defeat Sephiroth. And CoM will be entirely new for me.

Awesome OT. Literally just came home from work and pre-ordered from GS on my way back. I'm assuming all pre-orders are Limited Editions? The GS guy mentioned that I'd be getting the artbook.

Unchanging Armor
Cleared the game without changing equipment once

Speaking from experience with the JP version, this gets deceptively difficult the farther you get into the playthrough, even on Beginner Mode. You know that last onslaught of heartless in the room right before Final Rest in End of the World? On a no-equip speedrun, it ends up becoming the KH1 equivalent to Transport to Remembrance from KHII: Final Mix. (And anyone that's gone through that should know exactly what I mean)

sgt jumpy

Banned
My body is ready. My heart is primed. Those feels.

Hah, all my friends back home have 360s, even though we all had PS2 and NGC. We all loooove KH/2 and I don't think any of us have played CoM and the other one with the numbers I can't remember. And they never will, bahahaha!!!!!

I need to convince them to go PS4, the boys don't really PC game, and I miss MP games with people I know.

RPGCrazied

Awesome OT. Literally just came home from work and pre-ordered from GS on my way back. I'm assuming all pre-orders are Limited Editions? The GS guy mentioned that I'd be getting the artbook.

Speaking from experience with the JP version, this gets deceptively difficult the farther you get into the playthrough, even on Beginner Mode. You know that last onslaught of heartless in the room right before Final Rest in End of the World? On a no-equip speedrun, it ends up becoming the KH1 equivalent to Transport to Remembrance from KHII: Final Mix. (And anyone that's gone through that should know exactly what I mean)

Guess you'll just have to over level.

Valnen

Can't wait for this. Comes out the day before my birthday. A little bit disappointed by 720p resolution especially if FFX will run in 1080p.

Tsunamo

How did SE get this HD remaster out in what seems like a reasonable amount of time, while FFX is nowhere to be seen?
I believe this started development prior to FFX/FFX-2 HD despite being announced later.

I can't imagine 2.5 not having difficulty trophies stacking since KH2FM and BBSFM have 4 difficulty levels.

Then again SE...
It wouldn't suprise me if they don't stack :(
Apparently Re:CoM has some framerate issues but Kingdom Hearts is fine.
From my expirence Re:CoM's framerate issues are very minor.

I watched the the final 352/2 cutscene after finishing it on DS and I was kind of bummed that they added literally nothing to it. I would still have to recommend the DS version to anyone who really ( really) wants to experience the game proper.

the-office-no.gif

Oh, the nightmares....

I'm guessing the chances of this and 2.5 are from zero to pretty low to come out for PS4, huh?

2.5 will probably be cross-gen according to GAF insiders like Verendus. This one? Have to wait and see.

Need a super hyper KH collectors edition box for PS4 with All the KH games 1-3 plus soundtracks and all Nomura art posters.

botty

Banned
So after this game sells a million copies, it will be totally fine if I combine those numbers with Days' sales data to prove people love days, right?

sappyday

Getting this Day 1. Pre-order although I was late on LE on Amazon. No big deal though.

Kingdom Hearts is my favorite series of all time. I can't wait to play KH1 again with trophies and with all the HD/Final Mix bonuses. I never played Re:CoM since I never really found the card system to my liking in the original gameboy version however I'll give it a shot. Days movie is will be worth it just for the free trophies I guess.

Still it'll be a great to make next week go by faster and lead into GTA V.

So does the guide actually come out 2 weeks after the game or is it a mistake? Best Buy is showing its release date as 9/10, but Amazon shows 10/24.

PotatoCat

Hi there! First post on GAF, long time lurker. Lol

I've had this game on my radar since April but it kinda fell off the radar after I got hooked on FF XIV and Dragon's Crown. I legit had no idea this was coming out next week. XD

I'll probably preorder it at best buy since they have the LEs in stock, but I think I'm missing out on the dynamic theme. Its also my first foray into the KH games so I'm hoping for the best. :)

Hi there! First post on GAF, long time lurker. Lol

I've had this game on my radar since April but it kinda fell off the radar after I got hooked on FF XIV and Dragon's Crown. I legit had no idea this was coming out next week. XD

I'll probably preorder it at best buy since they have the LEs in stock, but I think I'm missing out on the dynamic theme. Its also my first foray into the KH games so I'm hoping for the best. :)

Welcome! Don't be scared here. It's great.

2.5 will probably be cross-gen according to GAF insiders like Verendus. This one? Have to wait and see.

Need a super hyper KH collectors edition box for PS4 with All the KH games 1-3 plus soundtracks and all Nomura art posters.

This is why I am conflicted. I have a feeling those HD remasters will make the PS4 jump and in real 1080p. I will wait and hold off for now.

Gotta play DDD anyway

neither

Haven't played the original KH in years, very very excited to finally play this.

I wonder if they'll announce 2.5 at TGS.

Aww man the memories of playing this game. Me and my friends were obsessed with the first KH 1 and the series in general.

Cannot wait for KH 2.5 HD and KH 3, not to mention it being Tuesday already!

Protip for the ones doing a Proud Mode run for the first time from the beginning if they want it. :b

Air Pirate Heartless are a bitch and can kill you if you don't have the Second Chance ability in combat. They literally get out of view and backstab you when your HP is low enough that they can oneshot you. What sucks is the cramped areas where they fly around and outnumber you. They are hardly the worst enemy that KH 1 has to offer but they appear early into the game before Second Chance and are deadly to new players who aren't used to KH style combat. Dream Rod Sora has it the worst considering he doesn't get the Second Chance ability till level 90 lol

Some general things I picked up while playing the game over 10+ times lol.
1. Getting Level 60ish+ pretty much makes you unbeatable below Proud Mode.

2. Aeroga is your best friend along with Curaga.

3. Making Goofy into a support only partner is amazing with his MP gift ability, just turn off all his attacking abilities that take up MP.

4. Critical Plus is best ability to get quick kills. The finishing moves such as Sonic Blade and others depends on the situation and is better not to use all your AP to equip them all.

5. Tarzan's world is a jump up in Gummi Ship difficulty, don't be surprised if you have to upgrade your ship just to get into the world.

6. Make sure to fix the AI in the menus to not use items and take away any items Donald and Goofy receive as they will waste them

7. Munny isn't much of a problem till the lategame where buying ship parts becomes a bit expensive

sappyday

Fuck imagine
sephiroth
or
king zurt
on proud mode and zero xp

Edit: realized that there may some who haven't played this yet so spoilered it just in case

Fuck imagine
sephiroth or king zurt
on proud mode and zero xp

Kurt Ziza is a pain in the ass especially with his broken ability that you need Twinker Bell to beat him most of the time. But no one is as annoying as the Phantom Heartless if you aren't Dream Rod Sora and don't have Ethers.

Really nice OT. Super excited for this collection. Never had a PS2, but have beaten KH before and played CoM on GBA (up till the 13th floor of Sora's story --
Riku replica after Destiny Islands?
). Not to bummed about a re:Days as I have it on the DS, so if I wanted to play it, I'd pop it in after finishing Re:CoM HD.

About time we're getting the Final Mix. Pre-ordered two months ago and I've been counting the days. Finally, I'll have a KH game and its console to play on!

(We need a proper 2.5 HD ReMIX announcement soon. Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and Birth by Sleep Final Mix will be glorious in HD, no doubt. All I dread is
trying to defeat the Lingering Sentiment. :(
).

very nice OT.

I'll go with the sword cos I use magic just for reflect and heal in KH.

that would make me buy a PS4 sooner than I expected.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sep 13... I need this... hopefully I'm done with Diablo 3 until then!

I played KH back when it was released and really liked it... haven't touched it since. EXCITING.

Top Bottom