• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Seda

Completed Neverland, gonna go around getting items and synthesize a bit before Hollow Bastion. Hook took me a while and I could probably use some levels.

Status update.

More than halfway through Agrabah.

Level 26, about 1000 exp away from level 27. Chose Dusk BTW.

Have 23 STR and 15 DEF with 4 MP.

Using Aero Fire and Cure as my trio of magic.

Did Vanilla KH have O as a magic option? I faintly remember having all 4 as an option to put spells on.

When I get out of the world, I'll share a pic of my Gummi Ship. :)

What is your guys status as of now.

Playing this makes me want to try out the portable KHs; whcih ones are worth playing through?
I'd say BBS is a must play for KH fan and... Well I guess I'd say DDD also is a must play but BBS is quite a bit better. DDD is the least good of the 4 full on KH games (1, 2, BBS, DDD).

You can't get it digitally on a vita. You need to get the UMD or wait for 2.5 collection that supposedly has playable BBS Final Mix.

Ken

I'd say BBS is a must play for KH fan and... Well I guess I'd say DDD also is a must play but BBS is quite a bit better. DDD is the least good of the 4 full on KH games (1, 2, BBS, DDD).

You can't get it digitally on a vita. You need to get the UMD or wait for 2.5 collection that supposedly has playable BBS Final Mix.

Hm okay. I have it on UMD but never got very far and I was hoping I'd be able to play it on the Vita but PSP it is. Would I appreciate it more if I finished this KH game first though?

Completed Neverland, gonna go around getting items and synthesize a bit before Hollow Bastion. Hook took me a while and I could probably use some levels.

Were at the same spot then.

Just got to level 50.

Finally I can see the light at the end of the path.. #teamdusk

Hm okay. I have it on UMD but never got very far and I was hoping I'd be able to play it on the Vita but PSP it is. Would I appreciate it more if I finished this KH game first though?
If you care about story elements it would be good to play all the games in the collection + KH2 first.

If gameplay is the only thing you care about then sure.

Actually its level 45 when the Dusk effect kicks in and you have to get less EXP to level up.

Well, technically the space between levels starts shortening sooner than that. By level 45, playing on Dusk, you're already "ahead" of Dawn and Midday, both of which need more experience to reach that point.

Andrefpvs

It really sucks that they couldn't be bothered to add in the fourth face button shortcut. I'd like to have Aero on shorcut, but I also want to have healing, a area-of-effect magic and a "direct" magic attack ready to use at any time.

By the way, what is everyone using at the moment?
I have:
- Cure
- Blizzara
- Thundara

It really sucks that they couldn't be bothered to add in the fourth face button shortcut. I'd like to have Aero on shorcut, but I also want to have healing, a area-of-effect magic and a "direct" magic attack ready to use at any time.

By the way, what is everyone using at the moment?
I have:
- Cure
- Blizzara
- Thundara

Aero(ga), Cura(ga), Thundaga. Those three spells are all you'll ever need except for special situations.

Aero(ga), Cura(ga), Thundaga. Those three spells are all you'll ever need except for special situations.

Yep. Cure and Aero are essential; for your offensive spell, pick between Fire (cheap, long-range, homing, spammable), Thunder (wide AoE, massive damage) or Gravity (decent AoE, decent damage, stuns enemies extremely hard so you can smash them up with the Keyblade).

I generally prefer Thundaga too, though.

Only the Staff people need AOE and Direct magic in their shorcut because their Strength is subpar. :b

Aero for protection, Cure for heal and Fire for those far away enemies is the best. Maybe Thunderga instead of Firega for some more crowd control.

BTW here are my Gummi Ships before and after the latest modification when I went back to Traverse Town for the moogle shop! :D

Before

After

FSLink

Banned
Only the Staff people need AOE and Direct magic in their shorcut because their Strength is subpar. :b

Staff people can just boost their strength later with items, let me know when you can boost your MP. :b (I kid, I kid.)

Gummi ship stuff makes me miss KH2's version. 2.5 needs to hurry up and release.

If you care about story elements it would be good to play all the games in the collection + KH2 first.

If gameplay is the only thing you care about then sure.

Agreed. You are better off waiting a bit longer for the 2.5 collection.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
now that this is out worldwide, hopefully someone manages to find a solution to getting 100 hits on pink agaricus. :p

Spent nearly all of my 10,000 Munny on Gummi Ship upgrades and equipment for the crew.

Donald now has 7 MP! Goofy has had his defense and attack buffed up.

Ended up getting another Laser plus Shield and Haste for the Gummi ship. Also finally got colors so I can pimp out my ship even more.

BTW 10,000 Munny gives you a trophy for those that didn't know.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really hate how the game doesn't even give you the slightest clue of where to go sometimes. 'Eh just wander around with no map.'

I don't need a big fucking arrow but say something like 'oh I think I saw that where we came from' or SOMETHING.

I really hate how the game doesn't even give you the slightest clue of where to go sometimes. 'Eh just wander around with no map.'

I don't need a big fucking arrow but say something like 'oh I think I saw that where we came from' or SOMETHING.

Had this same feeling completing Monstro just now.

Just got that from Deep Jungle. Luckily I remembered most of it.

Had this same feeling completing Monstro just now.

Just got that from Deep Jungle. Luckily I remembered most of it.

Funny how KH2 does that and people complained that it held your hand and made it more linear.

Nudull

Banned
Is it me, or do the Traverse Town VA's have the acting skills of a wet rag? Some of KH1's stuff really did not age well. :p

Seda

Hah, I beat Ursula in Atlantica a while ago but I never actually stopped by Ariel's room to lock the keyhole >_>

Gummi building is super fun in KH1. Too bad the action itself is lesser than KH2 (where I think the builder took a step back).

I've always seen people say this, but personally I've always found it really confusing to get a hold of (plus, since it was never that fun in the original, building a great ship wouldn't have really amounted to much imo). KH2's was way easier to latch onto and the GummI Ships were actually fun to use, so it paid off in the end

Anyway, been playing this and I'm impressed with the touch-ups. The graphics/cutscenes aren't as awkward (though they are unbearably iffy at certain points) and the early abilities via staff are incredible. I'm liking the rearranged music more than I thought I would (Dive in the Heart/Destiny Islands!), but they can be too quiet (Strange Whispers) or lack the bombast of the synth (To Our Surprise). Trying to be more lenient on the latter, though.

Wonderland really is a terribly designed world though. lol

Edit: In regards to bad VAs, it's a tie between KH2 Aerith and KH2 Jasmine for me ("soradonaldGUUfeee")

Seda

I don't fully understand the process of killing this...zombie robot heartless thing where Oogie Boogies manor one stood, but I defeated two of them got a handful of Blazing stones.

Do these new heartless get strengthened after Hollow Bastion like the rest of them? Because they're already pretty tough.

I don't fully understand the process of killing this...zombie robot heartless thing where Oogie Boogies manor one stood, but I defeated two of them got a handful of Blazing stones.

Do these new heartless get strengthened after Hollow Bastion like the rest of them? Because they're already pretty tough.

YES like by a crazy amount. You want to be level 60 to be safe vs a ton of them.

Also I feel that Neverland is so short because freaking Monstro is a pain in the ass to clear!

What is that creature in your avatar?
I see it every so often in the game.

The specific one in my avatar is Black Fungus, the only hostile mushroom heartless of 4 that appear in the KHFM :3.

That feel when waiting for confirmation if I get the game today.
Z8UADXb.gif

Seda

YES like by a crazy amount. You want to be level 60 to be safe vs a ton of them.

Also I feel that Neverland is so short because freaking Monstro is a pain in the ass to clear!

I will probably take some time to get some items from them before I tackle Hollow Bastion then.

Proud Mode + Staff - Shield + Night leveling = early game pain train

and right now I hate traveling with gummi ships so I'm gonna be stuck in olympus for quite some time

I will probably take some time to get some items from them before I tackle Hollow Bastion then.

Yeah you can finish Hollow Bastion to get better heartless enemies to kill to get more experience. Not to mention the 4th best Keyblade is within reach after Hollow Bastion.

Going by Ultima as #1 and then One Winged and then Diamond Dust following of course. :b

Seda

Yeah you can finish Hollow Bastion to get better heartless enemies to kill to get more experience. Not to mention the 4th best Keyblade is within reach after Hollow Bastion.

Going by Ultima as #1 and then One Winged and then Diamond Dust following of course. :b

I'm not doing a /ton/ of grinding right now, just going through the worlds to get items now that I have more trinities and glide and such, and I figure I'll try to get some of these 'stone' items all while getting a few levels before Hollow Bastion. It's too late at night to start HB anyway so I'm prepping for where I'll start this weekend.

Foffy

Banned
I have a question, and this goes to all of the games (assume Final Mix if a Final Mix version exists). How hard are the games on all of their hardest settings? One of the reasons I've not really given the series a chance after KH II was because of how upsettingly easy it was. It was Dynasty Warriors with Disney, and I know the first game was less easy, but I figure I would try to play all of the games on their mundo hard modes. How do the games hold up then?

FSLink

Banned
I am having a miserable time adjusting to playing this after getting used to BbSFM and the opposite O/X buttons.

Sony needs to fucking make it so you can remap buttons on an OS level. :\ Make it a secret code even so people can't accidentally do it.

I have a question, and this goes to all of the games (assume Final Mix if a Final Mix version exists). How hard are the games on all of their hardest settings? One of the reasons I've not really given the series a chance after KH II was because of how upsettingly easy it was. It was Dynasty Warriors with Disney, and I know the first game was less easy, but I figure I would try to play all of the games on their mundo hard modes. How do the games hold up then?

I hated KH2 because of its baby easy difficulty, KH2 Final Mix + Proud/Critical mode fixes this for me.

KH1's fine as is on default, but the harder difficulties, especially Final Mix Proud is quite a decent challenge.

Foffy

Banned
I hated KH2 because of its baby easy difficulty, KH2 Final Mix + Proud/Critical mode fixes this for me.

KH1's fine as is on default, but the harder difficulties, especially Final Mix Proud is quite a decent challenge.

Some games don't feature Critical difficulties?

Vanilla KH2 is the easiest game in the series so it certainly can give that impression. You will be happy to know that KH2FM adds a fourth difficulty setting ''Critical Mode'' that is harder than the original hardest ''Proud Mode'' and if that is not enough it has also the ability ''Exp 0'' that let's you play the whole game in level 1. That is considerably harder than what old KH2 was. This collection adds that ability to the first game but it works a little differently.

KH1FM in Proud Mode should also be quite a bit more difficult than Vanilla KH2 Proud Mode, especially in the beginning. If it's too easy you could always equip Exp 0 but it isn't as fun as in KH2FM due to the fact that you gain pretty much all abilities in KH1 through leveling up while in KH2 you get most of them from story events and bosses. Exp 0 was clearly made with KH2 in mind and they added it to this collection as a lil bonus I feel rather than well balanced difficult run, tho I need to play it myself to say for sure.

Nudull

Banned
Damn it, I didn't want to do Deep Jungle first. :/
Still though, I wonder if 1.5's existence means that the copyright issues with Tarzan are cleared up, now.

GamerJM

Banned
I got this yesterday.

So I'm playing this for the first time. The only other game in the series I've played is BBS. This....feels like a step down so far honestly. The combat and design is just....more watered down and Sora isn't as fun to control as any of the characters from BBS.

kasane

I got this yesterday.

So I'm playing this for the first time. The only other game in the series I've played is BBS. This....feels like a step down so far honestly. The combat and design is just....more watered down and Sora isn't as fun to control as any of the characters from BBS.

Duh BBS was a latter release. Go play 2 if you have the chance :D

ezekial45

Banned
I got this yesterday.

That's what usually happens when people play earlier titles after starting out on later entries.

Top Bottom