• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Mattiator

Just made it past the first few world loving the game so far, I love the characters and the voice acting, the gameplay is great too. Only complaint is the jumping can be off, but that's a small price to pay for a great game!

Jarmel

Banned
Oh man at Halloween Town. Favorite movie and so far looks to be my favorite level. It's definitely tops in regards to visuals.

Considering the events of Dream Drop Distance and 358/2 Days, the Nobodies who were not part of Xehanort's schemes got it the worst. Screwed over from just about every direction. Demyx and Luxord should return.

Well, I beat Proud Mode for the first time in four years! This game is great as ever. In fact, its better. I dare say its the best HD Collection yet. Though there are unfortunately a few audio issues that hurt it from being perfect, the quality of the resolution is amazing, and they fixed the only two flaws from KH1.

I've been happy with having chosen the Shield, but honestly, it's making it a little more difficult than it should be to beat the optional bosses since I'm only level 65 and you get the vital ability MP Rage at LVL 90. I suppose tomorrow I will simply grind for a while to level up some more until I can beat them.

As much as I enjoyed my import copy of KH1FM, its amazing to play it in English. KH2FM was manageable in Japanese, but KH1 was a nightmare since there weren't pictures for things that were on the menu. Also, the gummi ship missions were pretty much impossible since I had no idea what I was doing if I tried to modify the ship at all.

IMG_20130914_000059_zps0098ba39.jpg
My keyblade is ready.

Also I totally didn't remember the burlap sack
xeahnort
actually being on Destiny Islands in the beginning, I thought Nomura just retconed that in to make DDD seem less insane.

While starting it up today for a long session, I found out my apartment had been burglarized. They took 25+ps3 games and 20 or so blurays. Didn't take any consoles or laptops, really weird. Knocked one of my shoes into the hall...

Ocelott

While starting it up today for a long session, I found out my apartment had been burglarized. They took 25+ps3 games and 20 or so blurays. Didn't take any consoles or laptops, really weird. Knocked one of my shoes into the hall...
thatsucks did you have rental insurance

BHK3

Banned
Those little black operas in deep jungle are master rusemen, i've maybe won the game twice out of like 20 attempts.

Goddamn you, Proud Mode. The lack of a block early on really hurts things. I try to be careful about attacking, but I'll get surrounded and then attacked from behind.

I'm too stubborn to switch to Normal mode, but it's gonna take me a lot longer to get through this game.

rinker

Goddamn you, Proud Mode. The lack of a block early on really hurts things. I try to be careful about attacking, but I'll get surrounded and then attacked from behind.

I'm too stubborn to switch to Normal mode, but it's gonna take me a lot longer to get through this game.

If it makes you feel better, you can't switch (aside from starting over). The difficulty option is read only.

If it makes you feel better, you can't switch (aside from starting over). The difficulty option is read only.

Oh yeah, I know. That's why I said I'm too stubborn. I only have about 2:15 into the game, according to the game clock so it's not too bad starting over, but I want to get through this on Proud.

MBison

Question, just got Donald and goofy.

How can I set them up for maximum effect? I am using plus staff, minus sword.

Someone mentioned making goofy a support only partner... What should I set them both up as in the customize thing?

DPtheGod

That intro... in HD! Mmm! Niceee :)

Damn going from Xillia to this makes me feel like I am button mashing during combat. I don't remember KH1's battle system feeling that slow.

Got my ass handed to me by an endless spawning group of heartless in Traverse Town before getting Donald and Goofy.

It's taking me so much time to farm for some of these synth items. I can't get those mushrooms to drop me some more mystery goo. I need like 1 more to make mythril so I can make dark matter for my last item before Ultima. Then I'll need 5 more for Ultima weapon.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What do you get for beating Leon?

botty

Banned
On my second run, gonna try and grab the time trophy, no equipment trophy, and a few others.

At
End of The World
underleveled and I don't have leaf bracer. :(

That intro... in HD! Mmm! Niceee :)

Damn going from Xillia to this makes me feel like I am button mashing during combat. I don't remember KH1's battle system feeling that slow.

Got my ass handed to me by an endless spawning group of heartless in Traverse Town before getting Donald and Goofy.

Button mashing only works on easy/normal very early on. I mean... you can button mash later bosses, too, but don't expect to win once they their health drops below a certain point.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just to make sure, you unlock block and evade right? Not there from start?

Also, do you get exp from hitting enemies or killing them? Any other way of getting exp?

Just to make sure, you unlock block and evade right? Not there from start?

Also, do you get exp from hitting enemies or killing them? Any other way of getting exp?
You get dodge after the boss in Traverse Town and block from leveling up.

Exp from killing enemies and from tech points(reflecting attacks, exploiting elemental weaknesess, heartless minigames).

I think I might get dream shield for Gooby asap for the first time. Got the 4 first arts from DJungle without even trying. Before Neverland I should get the rest 3. I'm at Agrabah now.

cormack12

Gold Member
Picked up last copy in store yesterday - woo.

I chose the wand and sword - do I learn to block in the game. I'm only an hour in on destiny island. Also, what's the point of fighting these people on the island? I levelled up defence when Riku kicked my ass - is that the only point of them? Also, will I level up naturally or do I have to grind these fights?

Yoshichan

How do I get AP up?

Picked up last copy in store yesterday - woo.

I chose the wand and sword - do I learn to block in the game. I'm only an hour in on destiny island. Also, what's the point of fighting these people on the island? I levelled up defence when Riku kicked my ass - is that the only point of them? Also, will I level up naturally or do I have to grind these fights?
You learn block from leveling up but a little later if you chose wand. The only real point of fighting at di is for fun.
How do I get AP up?
You mean the item? Later in the game from synthesis. If you mean how to get more ap then from leveling, accessories and ap up items.

Yoshichan

I just got Ripple Drive (lvl 12 staff) and omg is it brokenly awesome!

Gun Animal

I'm like three or four worlds in (just finished Deep Jungle) and I feel like I'm still waiting for it to start being as great as everyone says it is. Does it get significantly better from here, or is it just not my kind of game?

Subaru

I'm like three or four worlds in (just finished Deep Jungle) and I feel like I'm still waiting for it to start being as great as everyone says it is. Does it get significantly better from here, or is it just not my kind of game?

Deep Jungle is the worst world ever.
But yes, the second half is better.

Hoo boy, I hope Amazon's estimated arrival times are as inaccurate as I remember them to be from 4 years ago. My copy shipped today and the estimated arrival is the 20th...

DeVeAn

Seems like changing the sound settings on PS3 did the trick the the sound issues so far. So since the didn't have the source code is this just zoomed in? Feels like the DBZ orange bricks deal where the top and bottom were cut off.

Yoshichan

Really liking it so far!

Atruvius

Really liking it so far!

Is this your first time playing the series?

There really is something about this game. Even though I've played it a lot on PS2 it still feels so magical unlike many other games these days. The world design makes my imagination run wild and it's like wherever I look I see secret areas and things, even though they probably aren't. No other game in years has given me this kind of wonder.

There really is something about this game. Even though I've played it a lot on PS2 it still feels so magical unlike many other games these days. The world design makes my imagination run wild and it's like wherever I look I see secret areas and things, even though they probably aren't. No other game in years has given me this kind of wonder.

This is my first time playing it, and I agree with this. Already looking forward to the eventual KH 2.5 HD.

I think the word to describe this game is: charming.

Top Bottom