• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

dan2026

I have to say this feel like a pretty poor HD upgrade.

Only 720p and 30fps and their seems to be no anti-aliasing as well.

Sigh, I am enjoying it though, first time I've ever played a Kingdom Hearts game and it is weird.

All the cartoony final fantasy characters are all kinds of bizarre.

Vashetti

Banned

Sigh, I am enjoying it though, first time I've ever played a Kingdom Hearts game and it is weird.

Please tell me which other HD remasters were native 1080p.

Holmes

Now, now children.

I'm at Neverland now. Going in circles and fighting the Shadow Sora is really good for experience. I don't think I've ever done this in the vanilla version.

Peff

Best part about 2.5 HD is going to be this not sounding like Motoi Sakuraba going to town on his Casio. The remastered music sounds fantastic here.

dan2026

Best part about 2.5 HD is going to be this not sounding like Motoi Sakuraba going to town on his Casio. The remastered music sounds fantastic here.

Yeah the music in this game seems great!

The voices, not so much.
They aren't awful, but they aren't good either.

Hagi

Opinions and all. I think it's one of the best HD remasters I've played, it looks great.

Went straight to the Coliseum after Traverse. Cloud kicked my ass but took down the Cerberus pretty easy after taking in it's move pattern. Forgot how much Donald and Goofy suck against boss's early game lol.

This collection is over 720p but not native 1080p either. It looks REALLY sharp. It's a great HD port, one of the best.

cormack12

Gold Member
It's a great HD port, one of the best.

Agree with this. The art style helps in that respect but the characters are really really good.

First time playing KH, excellent stuff so far. The soundtrack has blown me away as well. Really heightens the game in my opinion.

DeVeAn

This collection is over 720p but not native 1080p either. It looks REALLY sharp. It's a great HD port, one of the best.
I personally think its not the best. Not happy about the zoomed in deal and the subtitles can't be turned off. It stills looks great though.

Holmes

I think I'll replace Spellbinder with Fairy Harp. One less MP, but the extra strength is sorely needed considering Sora deals little to no damage at all physically.

Futureman

My roommate just played KH2 on PS2 and the graphics are pretty damn amazing for a PS2 game. The style they used just nailed it. Gave me similar vibes as to how Wind Waker just nailed it on GC.

Roubjon

This is probably the thing I'm looking forward to the most. So much of the music in that game suffers from an awful synth. . The music should sound a gazillion times better if they redo it.

SkylineRKR

I am under the impressions that its one of the best remasters out there. The visuals are bright, the music sounds great and even the CGI is looking spectacular.

Yeah the music in this game seems great!

The voices, not so much.
They aren't awful, but they aren't good either.

The music by Yoko Shimomura is excellent as usual. The voices are typical SE fare. I don't know how to explain it, but SE's VA always sounds a bit cold. This, CC, FFX all sound a bit similar.

Guys, question!! I have played since ps2 this game but sometimes the colisseum doesn't open and I don't know/forgot how to open it. Right now Im doing a speed run and got to end of the world. Help?

Holmes

Guys, question!! I have played since ps2 this game but sometimes the colisseum doesn't open and I don't know/forgot how to open it. Right now Im doing a speed run and got to end of the world. Help?
Like doing the different Cups? You gotta beat Cerberus.

McNum

So, a question for #TeamStaff.

Ripple Drive is cool. Should I unequip Stun Impact for more Ripple Drive or is the 30% chance of an AoE stun still worth it now?

Voror

Damn, Ripple Drive is awesome. Some of these new moves are pretty cool.

On a side note, didn't KH2 favor picking the sword? I feel like magic wasn't as big a deal for Sora in that game, though I very well may be remembering things wrong.

Damn, Ripple Drive is awesome. Some of these new moves are pretty cool.

On a side note, didn't KH2 favor picking the sword? I feel like magic wasn't as big a deal for Sora in that game, though I very well may be remembering things wrong.

KH2 has a different magic system (that forces you into a period in which you can't use spells) and also doesn't give you a bonus for picking the staff that you can't ever overcome with items, like KH1 does.

As a result, the only magic I used a lot of the time was reflect.

Voror

KH2 has a different magic system (that forces you into a period in which you can't use spells) and also doesn't give you a bonus for picking the staff that you can't ever overcome with items, like KH1 does.

As a result, the only magic I used a lot of the time was reflect.

That's what it was. I knew the system was different from KH1, but couldn't remember what it was about it exactly.

Same, though I'd occasionally use the Thunder Spells if I remember correctly.

Soriku

That song is pretty tame compared to when Sakuraba goes to town :p I'm looking forward to the redone music in 2.5 though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Deep Forest music... What the FFFFFF, this is some really good shit!

May I present to you my pride and joy, Excelsior!
CMgpW79.jpg

I knew I should have become a designer.

So, a question for #TeamStaff.

Ripple Drive is cool. Should I unequip Stun Impact for more Ripple Drive or is the 30% chance of an AoE stun still worth it now?
Sora will choose what's best for the situation, so you don't need to worry about that.
If anything, you should unequip Ripple Drive when you get to the good stuff at endgame, because imo hes uses it too much.

MBison

Trying to ask this again, got overlooked:

Question, just got Donald and goofy.

How can I set them up (constantly, occassonally etc) for maximum effect? I am using plus staff, minus sword.

Someone mentioned making goofy a support only partner... What should I set them both up as in the customize thing?

Trying to ask this again, got overlooked:

Question, just got Donald and goofy.

How can I set them up (constantly, occassonally etc) for maximum effect? I am using plus staff, minus sword.

Someone mentioned making goofy a support only partner... What should I set them both up as in the customize thing?

Well you can't really make a support Goofy before he learns the ability MP Gift that gives you MP. Before that he has nothing else to use his MP than his own attacks. (edit: and the new Final Mix ability Evolution that lets him heal you as well)

For boss battles that are hard you could put Donald to use support spells only after he learns them. Outside of that it doesn't make much difference I think. I just let them use the default settings.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Congrats on beating the game! Credits & Extras are unlocked!"

...wait, what? I didn't beat....*checks Extras to see 358/2 Days XMB theme unlocked* Oh, that's kind of cool. Wonder what the other two look like. Anyways, now back to Final Mix & leaving Traverse Town!

& ugh, it's getting annoying having to let all the logos be shown & not being able to skip them when starting the collection & then game up.

Edit: Oooohhh nooooooo the gummi ship sections are worse than I remember. Really need to get better weapons....

Voror

Sora will choose what's best for the situation, so you don't need to worry about that.
If anything, you should unequip Ripple Drive when you get to the good stuff at endgame, because imo hes uses it too much.

What are considered the best moves endgame? I seem to recall Ars Arcanum being good, but don't know about the new moves.

Damn. Are you on Proud or Normal?

I really do think Sephiroth will be impossible for me without Second Chance.

Proud. I think the fight is easier than non-final mix even with the MP Rage nerf and no second chance. I only needed to make sure I had mp by the third phase. Leaf bracer made many of his dangerous attacks completely useless.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Cerberus down! Low level, proud, #staff baby!

So completed Agrabah (and grabbed gravity arts, 2 more to go). Got lvl 24 from Jafar and with that bonus MP. Combined with the accessory from centipede and the new fira spell I can do some insane damage.

Top Bottom