• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

sappyday

After all these years I still have no idea how the gummi ship designs work.

I honestly just put all the good blocks around the cockpit and then throw all the other shit on the side. My gummi ship is an abomination but it's fast so that's all that matter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, just experienced some audio issues as well after doing the first trials at the coliseum (160GB 2nd model PS3). Thought it was my HDMI cable, but nope, game is just skipping the audio. Went back to the XMB & restarted the game, which fixed it.

McNum

Sora will choose what's best for the situation, so you don't need to worry about that.
If anything, you should unequip Ripple Drive when you get to the good stuff at endgame, because imo hes uses it too much.
So if a Ripple Drive would kill the enemy, Sora will use that, but if not, he'll roll the 30% chance of Stun impact? That's neat. I was just wondering if I should substitute it for Sonic Blade. But that costs MP that I could use on Thunder or Cure...

If there's one thing I've learned since playing the game now compared to the original, it's how useful Thunder is. And this is just the basic Thunder, looking forward to Thundaga eventually.

LAA

This game has earned GOTF (Forever ;) for me again, ha ha.
Fell in love with the game again, (Like I wasn't in love with it already) the music, the fights, the style, everything. Its amazing to think the game is very well thought of by gamers, me even. When it first was revealed, I bet people thought, Disney + FF, ?! I bet this'll suck, I probably would have thought the same, but its definitely one my favourite games, if not my favourite ever.

Roll on KH2.5 (On Vita too please!!!) and more importantly KH3!!!

Voror

Did they change some of the Trinity Marks? I could have sworn one of the blue ones in Traverse Town accessed some of the puppies, but all I got was munny.

And I actually find myself worried about KHIII. Can't quite place why.

Seda

Did they change some of the Trinity Marks? I could have sworn one of the blue ones in Traverse Town accessed some of the puppies, but all I got was munny.

And I actually find myself worried about KHIII. Can't quite place why.

Several chest contents were modified (including trinities), puppies are sometimes put in other chests, gummy items and accessories are sometimes changed up as well. Also Dark Matters.

Voror

Several chest contents were modified (including trinities), puppies are sometimes put in other chests, gummy items and accessories are sometimes changed up as well. Also Dark Matters.

Thanks. So it must have been changed is all. I was worried I'd done something wrong and they'd been lost forever.

Thorgal

So since i missed half of the discussion in the beginning :

staff is the most accepted best choice .

my question : what is the most accepted to give up: shield or sword ?

Yasumi

Banned
Ahh, I'm so looking forward to getting to re:Chain of Memories. I loved the GBA original but never played the PS2 remake. I want to do it in order for consistency though. Hurry up and finish, KH1. ;_;

Ahh, I'm so looking forward to getting to re:Chain of Memories. I loved the GBA original but never played the PS2 remake. I want to do it in order for consistency though. Hurry up and finish, KH1. ;_;
Dude, I like re:CoM but man

khfm

dat is some good shit.

I feel like an asshole for ruining Rabbits vegetable patch for a potion I'll never use :3

Begaria

May I present to you my pride and joy, Excelsior!
CMgpW79.jpg

I knew I should have become a designer.

For some reason, that reminded me of this:

The-Homer-01.jpg

Is Stun Impact a new move to KH1? I don't remember it at all.

Wow, just experienced some audio issues as well after doing the first trials at the coliseum (160GB 2nd model PS3). Thought it was my HDMI cable, but nope, game is just skipping the audio. Went back to the XMB & restarted the game, which fixed it.
I got some audio issues last night when I was playing. No drop outs, but there was a persistant crackling noise that got louder during the battle music.

I have a Slim, but I don't remember the HDD size right now.

Found the resolutions

Internal resolutions (got from Debug PS3):

KH1.5HD
1440x810 @30fps + 2x MSAA / 1280 x 720 @30fps + 4x MSAA

There are no PS2 remasters that go over the 768p thing at 60fps, there's just not enough VRAM for such thing. BTW there are not many games that do 1920x1080 on PS3 whether it's @30fps or 60fps, most of the nearest to FULLHD ones are the ones that run at 1440x1080 (anamorphic).

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Kingdom-Hearts-1-5-HD-strange-screenshot?pid=280140#pid280140

Please post to the opening post mods.

Carbonox

Grinded 5 levels in the Pegasus Cup. Level 35 and off to Halloween Town. One of my favourite levels in the game. Woooooooooooooooooo.

Fighting Yuffie in the Peg Cup helps for grinding because you can get like 300+ TP on top of the 300 she gives you from beating her by parrying her throwing stars. Then with the 400 XP (or more if you're good at parrying Squall's fireballs for TP) from beating Squall, that single round can grant you 1000 XP a pop if you want a decent place to grind at that point. Though for me I now need 2 runs through the cup to level up now so it's best for me to move on and wait for the next Cups.

Twio

USPS & UPS have been jerking me around with the package it's coming in for almost a week now. It shipped on Monday and it was supposed to come on Tuesday. UPS got it as far as New Jersey (I live in Manhattan) and then passed it onto USPS and now it's in freaking North Carolina almost ten hours away. I just caved and bought the Standard edition in store but I still want the Limited Edition.

DryvBy

I remember when I first bought this game, how impressed I was and how it pushed me to buy a PS2. After playing around 10 hours so far, I dunno if I'd actually like this if it wasn't for that nostalgia. The story is really lame. I used to think it was a masterpiece. So wrong.

Twio

I remember when I first bought this game, how impressed I was and how it pushed me to buy a PS2. After playing around 10 hours so far, I dunno if I'd actually like this if it wasn't for that nostalgia. The story is really lame. I used to think it was a masterpiece. So wrong.

The story picks up a bit towards the end of the game. I don't have as much nostalgia with KH1 as I do with KH2 as I never completely finished the first game as a child but I still don't think it's a bad game.

That limited edition with art book was a surprise. Didn't know the art book was the case for the game. Loving KH1 FM. I encountered a small glitch that kept respawning the monkey heartless in deep jungle. It was in the tree tops area. After thinking i cleared the room, 2 heartless kept respawning infinitely. Not the biggest deal, as i farmed for EXP and gained some levels, but it did make it troublesome to do the trinity mark that was in the area, as you cant use the trinity signs when in a battle.

That limited edition with art book was a surprise. Didn't know the art book was the case for the game. Loving KH1 FM. I encountered a small glitch that kept respawning the monkey heartless in deep jungle. It was in the tree tops area. After thinking i cleared the room, 2 heartless kept respawning infinitely. Not the biggest deal, as i farmed for EXP and gained some levels, but it did make it troublesome to do the trinity mark that was in the area, as you cant use the trinity signs when in a battle.
If you're talking about the same room I think you are, that's intentional. You're supposed to kill the black bulbous thing on the tree.

Really surprised to find out it's not actually 1080p because it sure as hell looks like it is. I started playing it a few days ago and was shocked that, to me, it looked like it was running at native 1080p.

Not that there's anything wrong with it not being 1080p because I still think it looks mighty impressive and sharp.

Hystzen

I don't remember KH on PS2 having this many enemies in groups maybe remembering wrong but they come in large groups when first arrive in Traverse and feels like more have been added in whole game so far.

To a degree I agree. I'm still enjoying the game quite a bit, but it isn't holding up to my memory of it.

It also probably doesn't help that I've played KH2 and BBS now and like them more than the original. Really looking forward to the 2.5 collection.

Really surprised to find out it's not actually 1080p because it sure as hell looks like it is. I started playing it a few days ago and was shocked that, to me, it looked like it was running at native 1080p.

Not that there's anything wrong with it not being 1080p because I still think it looks mighty impressive and sharp.

Yeah, I was surprised. It looks very clean.

When I saw that it wasn't 1080p I figured it had to be at LEAST 900p but it's 810p? Goddamn.

Twio

I'm playing on Normal and I'm still having issues with the second Riku battle at Hollow Bastion.

I just mess up when he goes fucking nuts and the screen goes black due to his HP almost being depleted.

Betty

Banned
Just finished Proud mode, and no, difficulty trophies do not stack. Love watching
those little movies that play showing the worlds going back to normal
, really rewarding.

And the secret movie was even better than I remember it being, KH2.5 HD can't come soon enough!

hodgy100

800p with 2x MSAA I think. I can find that thread where VirginKLM had the resolutions

Not bad not bad, shame they couldnt kinda fake it like some of the other games, flip the aspect ratio and scale it horizontally so it would be 960 x 1080
but it looks great all the same, better than even running the game in HD via emulator.

on annother note if 2.5 ends up one ps3 and ps4 I hope they release a 1.5+2.5 bundle for the PS4

What are considered the best moves endgame? I seem to recall Ars Arcanum being good, but don't know about the new moves.
Imo (japanese names, may be different):
Gravity Break
Zantetsuken
Stun Impact
Final Break
Ripple Drive

There's only Hurricane Period for air combos, so no discussion there.

Top Bottom