• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

OddworldBOY

Neo Member
Damn that looks way quicker and easier. Definitely doing that on my Proud mode run for a bit. :p

Still....level 100....hnnnngh

88 hours of doing that? lol. I don't have that kind of time to grind like that. that is twice as long as it takes you to complete the whole game.

Like, if you really want to do early-game grinding, just get to Traverse Town and level up much, much, much faster against the Heartless there. It'd still take forever and a day, but... sheesh.

brandnew

How does FM's proud mode compare to BBS's? I played BBS on proud but I struggled a bit. Don't want to get very frustrated playing 1.5...

So glad I can skip cinemas in this. Over the years I have become much more interested in the main overlying plot (Ansem, Organization XIII, etc) that some of the disney stuff bores the hell out of me now. I love the worlds though, but some of the cinemas feel like filler that I have no problem skipping.

O god, Sephiroth is going to be a nightmare.

I just tried Seph with a not so serious attempt and got destroyed. =p
I did manage to beat ice titan and Kurt already. I think I'll go finish phantom before I continue grinding for synth items.

On a side note, 18 MP thundaga is killer. All large type heartless dies in 2 shots, except invisibles which require a hit with the keyblade. Clearing entire rooms of heartless takes seconds (except for immune to magic types).

Seda

On a side note, 18 MP thundaga is killer. All large type heartless dies in 2 shots, except invisibles which require a hit with the keyblade. Clearing entire rooms of heartless takes seconds (except for immune to magic types).

#teamstaffforlyfe

But seriously this is a big reason why I always choose staff. You can clear rooms so efficiently.

DPtheGod

Alright guys, so I picked the game up on Tuesday and will start playing this weekend on Proud mode! It will be my first time enjoying the Final Mix content in English, and only my second time playing this game since owning it right after launch.

I am definitely a fan of challenging games, and made Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox my slave. However, I know that choosing the staff will ultimately leave you out of an extra item slot, and will also decrease your overall strength. I am assuming the staff also makes spells cost less MP, or does it boost your max MP?

I played with the sword on my original run through, so I was initially thinking of doing that. But lurking this thread has made me second guess that decision.

McNum

Yay, got the game. #TeamStaff represent!

Final Mix Normal, dead of night. Let's do this. Sephiroth, I'm coming for you!

This is such a nostalgia burst, I caught myself making the same face Sora does in traverse town while watching the opening in HD. So pretty. And the game runs at full speed in 16:9. First time for a EU version of Kingdom Hearts to run full speed.

Stun Impact is a neat little skill. Poor Leon. Just how many bosses will this thing give me a free combo against? Didn't against Guard Armor, mostly because it's so tall that most combos against it became air combos. I'm looking forward to seeing what else is new in Final Mix firsthand. I will have to poke the new superboss eventually, but... I doubt I'll beat him.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm a fucking moron. Played 4 hours, not gaining a single level (staff + proud), then realizing that I had that No Exp ability active... No wonder I was getting demolished.

FUUUUUCK.

Seda

Alright guys, so I picked the game up on Tuesday and will start playing this weekend on Proud mode! It will be my first time enjoying the Final Mix content in English, and only my second time playing this game since owning it right after launch.

I am definitely a fan of challenging games, and made Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox my slave. However, I know that choosing the staff will ultimately leave you out of an extra item slot, and will also decrease your overall strength. I am assuming the staff also makes spells cost less MP, or does it boost your max MP?

I played with the sword on my original run through, so I was initially thinking of doing that. But lurking this thread has made me second guess that decision.

This is how I see it in short:

-You get more MP by choosing Staff. There's no other way to gain more MP. MP also affects your spell strength
-You get more item slots by choosing Shield. There's no other way to gain more item slots.
-More MP > more item slots
-You gain more Strength by picking sword. With synthesis you can eventually make Str+ items anyways.
-Also, clearing rooms of heartless with Thundaga/Blizzaga is a blast and the player has plenty of MP for Cure/Aero
-#teamstaff
EDIT: I guess I should say getting abilities like Second Chance late for Staff doesn't really bother me but it's the con of that weapon choice.

I wouldn't say Proud mode is excessively challenging, perhaps just more challenging than one may expect before they get used to it. The challenge is also a bit front loaded because you gain abilities and spells that ease the difficulty a few worlds in.

Niwa

Why the fuck doesn't this game have the German Dub I loved back then? Why!? First this horrible excuse of an "art book".. Now this! What the fuck!?

brandnew

I wouldn't say Proud mode is excessively challenging, perhaps just more challenging than one may expect before they get used to it. The challenge is also a bit front loaded because you gain abilities and spells that ease the difficulty a few worlds in.

So, let's say I pick staff (yes I just mentioned I was choosing shield a few posts up, I'm indecisive) and dusk. Is the beginning going to be much harder than if I chose dawn or day?

Vashetti

Banned
I'm a fucking moron. Played 4 hours, not gaining a single level (staff + proud), then realizing that I had that No Exp ability active... No wonder I was getting demolished.

FUUUUUCK.

mad.gif

Did they change the names of some of the items in this game when they localized it? I'm trying to find a Serenity Power and I can't find any information about it anywhere.

Did they change the names of some of the items in this game when they localized it? I'm trying to find a Serenity Power and I can't find any information about it anywhere.

Highly likely it is one of the new synthesis items from Final Mix that drop from one of the 10 new heartless that never got official english translations. What item you need it for? I can check where you get the item.

None of the Final Mix items had english localizations, so you won't find any information using the in-game names. Try looking at a synthesis guide.

edit: beaten. I should stop leaving tabs with GAF open for a long time

I believe that's dropped by the pink agaricus. It's the one where there's three stopped white mushrooms and you need to cast stop on all three of them to get the pink agaricus to appear. You need to hit it an ridiculous amount of times after you cast stop on it to get a chance at the item.

I hated the Riku battle as a kid and I hate now as an adult.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean the second one at Hollow Bastion? I never found it that difficult, it just takes patience.

Now, Maleficent's Dragon form, though...yeesh. It's a piece of cake if you decide to be cheap and use the Tinker Bell summon, though.

Highly likely it is one of the new synthesis items from Final Mix that drop from one of the 10 new heartless that never got official english translations. What item you need it for? I can check where you get the item.
I believe that's dropped by the pink agaricus. It's the one where there's three stopped white mushrooms and you need to cast stop on all three of them to get the pink agaricus to appear. You need to hit it an ridiculous amount of times after you cast stop on it to get a chance at the item.
None of the Final Mix items had english localizations, so you won't find any information using the in-game names. Try looking at a synthesis guide.

edit: beaten. I should stop leaving tabs with GAF open for a long time

Yeah I found out what it was. In the Japanese version I guess it was called Mystery Power, but in here's it's called serenity power.

I've been meaning to pick up the collection but don't have the time for it currently. I've only played the first one until what I assume is the last level *(potential spoilers, I don't know the name of the level because it's been so long, if you've not finished the game already I don't recommend reading)

I believe you had to collect floating hearts; I think it was the world where you acquire The Beast, I can't remember.

I had a glitch which made the objective incompletable but, as it was merely a loan from a friend, I did not have enough time to go back through the game to that point and simply abandoned it. Since then I've managed to avoid spoilers and can barely remember anything about the game or what happened (with the exception that I liked it a lot ten years ago and I remember the Coliseum world) so I'm looking forward to returning to it and finally finishing the game (I've not much interest in the other two included items honestly but I'll probably check them out). Very nice original post and there seems to be some decent significant changes which should make the experience somewhat fresher (even though I guess I'll be going in fresh anyway), the comments on Proud Mode seem encouraging. Hopefully it's as enjoyable as I remember.

Carbonox

I destroyed
Cloud and Cerberus
first time in the Coliseum.

It's baffling how I found these characters hard when I was younger. Now, it's so easy to read everything and their limitations in combat result in easy abuse on my end.

Gonna go through the game on Normal just so I can remember where everything is/how to do everything. Then I'll do runs on Proud and Easy.

You mean the second one at Hollow Bastion? I never found it that difficult, it just takes patience.

Now, Maleficent's Dragon form, though...yeesh. It's a piece of cake if you decide to be cheap and use the Tinker Bell summon, though.

What makes that cheap? Tinker Bell is one of the assorted things (like Dodge Roll, Cure, Guard, Aero, Leaf Bracer, and Second Chance) that make it significantly easier for Sora to stay alive. If you can summon Tinker Bell in a boss fight, DO IT.

Is anyone else getting a glitch where white mushrooms will spawn but they're frozen and only move (and immediately leave) after you attack them?

Betty

Banned
Is anyone else getting a glitch where white mushrooms will spawn but they're frozen and only move (and immediately leave) after you attack them?

Not a glitch. You have to cast "Stop" on them when they're standing completely still, then they give you a reward.

Other poses they do require different magic attacks to receive a reward.

Seda

That's new in Final Mix. Nephitamine mentioned it earlier. Cast stop on them and you'll spawn the pink one who drops Serenity Power.

That's new in Final Mix. Nephitamine mentioned it earlier. Cast stop on them and you'll spawn the pink one who drops Serenity Power.

Ah, ok. Guess I should have read the whole post lol.

Quick question if anyone can help: I just started playing this last night, but I noticed after trying to start the disc today my PS3 (Slim) started making some nasty ass whirry clicking noises while accessing the disc and I couldn't get the game to start. Thinking my disc drive was fucked, I tried some other discs and they all worked perfectly, so I'm figuring the issue is with the KH disc itself, but there isn't a mark or smudge anywhere on it.

Has there been any issues like this reported with the game or did I just get unlucky?

DPtheGod

Quick question if anyone can help: I just started playing this last night, but I noticed after trying to start the disc today my PS3 (Slim) started making some nasty ass whirry clicking noises while accessing the disc and I couldn't get the game to start. Thinking my disc drive was fucked, I tried some other discs and they all worked perfectly, so I'm figuring the issue is with the KH disc itself, but there isn't a mark or smudge anywhere on it.

Has there been any issues like this reported with the game or did I just get unlucky?

Did you get the LE? That case is terrible. I watched my friend crack the center ring of his disc by putting it in there, and his PS3 wouldn't read it, and he was being vary careful with it.

Also, the superslim PS3 is sketchy when it comes to disc care. Just sayin'!

Top Bottom